As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Skyrim [chat] thread

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Yeah if movies are going back to theaters exclusively I guess I'm going back to [allegedly] pirating movies exclusively

Y'all had a chance to make money off me studios. More than one.

::kicks dirt::

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    on the other hand they've told me I can, however, kick students out of my class if they refuse to wear a mask which is nice

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Yeah if movies are going back to theaters exclusively I guess I'm going back to [allegedly] pirating movies exclusively

At least the movie to digital pipeline is going to be like 2 weeks instead of 4 months like it was previously.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

I'm not happy about alternate means either but I refuse to let Marvel become the domain of the MAGA. Fuck that noise, it's against everything they stand for.
    As soon as a theater is safe I'll try to see it in one, and before then I'll take any legal means available because this forum doesn't allow talk of piracy.

At this time I'd like to remind you all of my radical and absolutist stance on copyright law.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    There's a part of me that is becoming incredibly fatalistic about COVID precautions because, like, we're starting class next week face to face and we've already had 18 cases

my wife is in accounting school and her classes have basically abandoned social distancing and a lot of the shitty business majors just don't wear masks and her professors don't do anything

one of us is gonna get it, plus she's still also at starbucks and their cafe is open and customers just don't even pretend to try and wear masks inside despite our county having an indoor mask mandate again

Why is it not surprising that it would be business majors who refuse

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    "Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud" Haphazard

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRjhHBR2/

Was not expecting that. :lol:
    @Organichu

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    Six wrote: »
    I can no longer muster any enthusiasm for marvel movies, which I think is probably for the best.

Loki revitalized me briefly but couldnt stick the ending

Get in the goddamn dark tower Roland

Loki was the only thing I thought maybe I’d get into because Tommy H is great but I just haven’t bothered. I think Endgame did a really good job of putting a cap on it all for me.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »

I'm not happy about alternate means either but I refuse to let Marvel become the domain of the MAGA. Fuck that noise, it's against everything they stand for.
    As soon as a theater is safe I'll try to see it in one, and before then I'll take any legal means available because this forum doesn't allow talk of piracy.

At this time I'd like to remind you all of my radical and absolutist stance on copyright law.

i don't think avoiding marvel movies in the theater makes them the domain of the MAGA crowd

plz don't die to see this movie

or do

it's your life

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    my cinema is doing a thing where when you book a seat, it blocks out the seats around you which is a pretty great system but is just reminds me of this

fy3eeki0qb88.jpg

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    I went to see Black Widow in the cinema a few weeks back. Last showing of the night in the middle of the week and I was the only one there. If this is the new cinema experience, I am down.

sig.gif
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Also, that Spiderman trailer dropped just in time for my birthday, so thank you Marvel.
    I am most blessed.

sig.gif
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    I can no longer muster any enthusiasm for marvel movies, which I think is probably for the best.

Loki revitalized me briefly but couldnt stick the ending

Get in the goddamn dark tower Roland

Loki was the only thing I thought maybe I’d get into because Tommy H is great but I just haven’t bothered. I think Endgame did a really good job of putting a cap on it all for me.

This.

I'm still excited for more marvel movies and Phase 4, but I'm not "i'mma spend 3 hours a day online looking into it and see each movie in a theater twice" mindset anymore.

Endgame was perfect. I fucking loved it. I am very interested to see what the multiverse brings us, but from the comfort of my home, streaming.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    "Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud" Haphazard

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRjhHBR2/

Was not expecting that. :lol:
    @Organichu
    I have definitely done the "Auf Englisch bitte?" then continued in German while the other person has switched to English and then we just do this weird double language thing the whole time.

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »

what is breaking copyright like cheating on your content wife

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    vcz9xfahjxhu.jpeg

February 1969, Hulk vs

a um

giant

planet-eating

vulva?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    note, I can't tell if you are joking spool because I have been designing a manuscript for the past two weeks and I have no ability for human anymore

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    isnt ryanair like the joke company of britain
    like that no one expects anything good to come of of them

Ireland, but they are a budget airline with no pretense

For thirty quid they'll get you, and anything you can fit inside your pockets, within about 400 miles of your destination.

I remember during the volcano disruption they smacked face first into the regulatory requirement that airlines are responsible for arranging onward transport when flights are cancelled, because the only option was ferries and the demand meant the price skyrocketed

Their CEO was on the TV complaining that it was ridiculous that they ended up on the hook for thousands of euros of transport costs for passengers that had bought ten euro tickets

I remember thinking "ok, like, I'm not unsympathetic to that as a point of view but given that it is the law, it seems like something you should have sorted out before you started selling ten euro tickets"

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I finally ordered some edibles and they'll be coming today

I'm curious to see how they'll hit me these days!

• Options
    pirating is immoral and directly harms companies like marv ahahahaha nope can't do it

• Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY HERRCRON

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    vcz9xfahjxhu.jpeg

February 1969, Hulk vs

a um

giant

planet-eating

vulva?

That thing is INFECTED with Kirby Dots.... you know you never get rid of em...

• Options
    Hurting Disney is a public service

• Options
    There is definitely a market for just walking into any convention center, snapping some photos in the merch building, then sue-ing the pants off the 300 artists all making copyright violating merch though. It is the first thing I ever uttered when my husband took me to my very first anime convention --" My god the amount of copyright violation here alone....".

He said I was "a monster". But who is the real monster???

• Options
    There is definitely a market for just walking into any convention center, snapping some photos in the merch building, then sue-ing the pants off the 300 artists all making copyright violating merch though. It is the first thing I ever uttered when my husband took me to my very first anime convention --" My god the amount of copyright violation here alone....".

The companies usually know and also kind of just ignore it mostly

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »

Well except Nintendo sometimes and The Pokemon Company.

• Options
    I love me some convention fan art

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    "piracy never hurt anybody" i say, waving the ship captain away from the helm at gunpoint

• Options

Disney

• Options

I'm going to go with "still you", but then again, your husband is still the one who invented the "pocket egg"

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »

Well except Nintendo sometimes and The Pokemon Company.

yeah, but Nintendo is back asswards on most stuff

• Options
    Arch wrote: »

I'm going to go with "still you", but then again, your husband is still the one who invented the "pocket egg"
    Ugh his love of eggs and egg cooking devices.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

Copyright is so broken beyond any rational intent it seems kind of moot?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Marvel and DC don't give two shits about con fan art because they have an understanding with the comic book artists that are actually drawing the books.

It'll be interesting to see how that changes though post pandemic with Disney fully at the helm of Marvel.

• Options
    Marvel and DC don't give two shits about con fan art because they have an understanding with the comic book artists that are actually drawing the books.

It'll be interesting to see how that changes though post pandemic with Disney fully at the helm of Marvel.

Mickey will send the goons to your house

• Options
    Ugh how can you be posted at the NIH and put your review article behind a paywalled journal. Literally should not be happening!!!

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Last night my wife got tipsy and during her venting mentioned that one of the reasons she's not super happy about my sister visiting (aside from my family not taking covid seriously (no they're not staying with us)) is that she still feels very protective of me and hasn't forgiven her for saying it was my fault when my little brother disappeared for a few days (I said he could only stay with us for a few weeks/months when he asked if he could come live with us) after one of my dad's somewhat psychotic episodes.

Which was something I'd forgotten about.

Anyway then she fell asleep and I lay awake staring at the ceiling and now I'm very tired.

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    Was Nintendo the one that went after suicide girls? Wasn't that a PA comic?

Also did someone at PA just know the SGs? Cause they also showed up at that guy's Bachelor Party that was on the PA series.

• Options
    Was Nintendo the one that went after suicide girls? Wasn't that a PA comic?

Also did someone at PA just know the SGs? Cause they also showed up at that guy's Bachelor Party that was on the PA series.

shit I'm getting old.

• Options
    Okay these kids have their shit together. I might just use their design for an acre on site b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOWWqPaf9k

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    February 1969, Hulk vs

a um

giant

planet-eating

vulva?

ANY
    FORM