As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Skyrim [chat] thread

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    So waffles is upstairs last night and I'm watching Harley Quinn season 2 in the living room and she texts me

"I just heard a tap tap on the window??"

House is definitely haunted.

Also I played Hell Let Loose last night and got 17 kills as a sniper so that was rad

i have a lot of trees around my house and sometimes branches scrape and tap on my roof

it was a lot of fun before i realized that's what was making the sounds

As far as I can tell, none of the trees near our house are close enough to touch our house. At least, not near the bedroom.

I went outside and checked outside the window just in case but of course now I'm spooked because the house is damn creaky.

On the other hand, the cats were fully unphased so I figure until they start freaking out we're in the clear.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i'm not one for victim blaming but that sandwich is entirely that person's fault for ordering food on a ryanair flight

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    I saw another article today blaming millennials for the suburban housing marking stagnation and I had the thought,

“Dude, we’re like 40 now. Stop blaming us for things. We are the mainstream. We can’t afford houses and if we could we still wouldn’t move to the suburbs. Fuck all the way off.”

Millennials are killing the suburbs!

Good.

how does the story in that article square with

1. covid wfh allowing a decent chunk of people with homebuying income to live more exurban but still work their prior job
    2. housing prices soaring, especially in urban areas, meaning millenials are forced to live in suburban areas whether they want to or not

hm sometime in the next couple months I'm going to have actual analysis on this but not sure if by demographic really, since ACS data for 2020 isn't released until sept. I'm going to get some good house prices data though

There are a lot of suburbs out there that were cheaply made on worthless land and everyone is surprised when the demand doesn't magically appear.

People bought 150k mcmansions in the desert in 2003 and don't understand why it's not worth $1mil since it was supposed to be their retirement fund.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    This 23 year old graduate paid off his student debt and saved enough for a deposit on a house and so can you.

He might look like an ordinary Zoomer but this unassuming young man may have a plan that could point the way forward for a generation groaning under debt. But what were the secret steps in young Chester Vanderbilt's plan? Well

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    lol this morning an suv hit one of the planter barriers near the seating of my coffee shop and drove off lol ban cars

poo
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    i'm not one for victim blaming but that sandwich is entirely that person's fault for ordering food on a ryanair flight

I can't even remember thr last flight I was on that had actual food you could order. Usually just bagged or boxed food you can order, other than the free bag of pretzels.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Fuck me I'm starting to love getting up at 5, working for about an hour and a half (uninterrupted), and then sleeping till like 8:30 or 9 and getting back to work.

I would 100% do this if I worked from home.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    So waffles is upstairs last night and I'm watching Harley Quinn season 2 in the living room and she texts me

Also I played Hell Let Loose last night and got 17 kills as a sniper so that was rad

i have a lot of trees around my house and sometimes branches scrape and tap on my roof

As far as I can tell, none of the trees near our house are close enough to touch our house. At least, not near the bedroom.

I went outside and checked outside the window just in case but of course now I'm spooked because the house is damn creaky.

On the other hand, the cats were fully unphased so I figure until they start freaking out we're in the clear.

at night when there are lights inside i get a lot of bugs just running into the windows as well. could be that

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    isnt ryanair like the joke company of britain
    like that no one expects anything good to come of of them

Ireland, but they are a budget airline with no pretense

For thirty quid they'll get you, and anything you can fit inside your pockets, within about 400 miles of your destination.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    This 23 year old graduate paid off his student debt and saved enough for a deposit on a house and so can you.

He might look like an ordinary Zoomer but this unassuming young man may have a plan that could point the way forward for a generation groaning under debt. But what were the secret steps in young Chester Vanderbilt's plan? Well

"stayed in small 10,000 square foot vacation home his parents had rent free (it didn't even have a pool!) while working with his modest 175k a year entry level salary"

• Options
    JebusUD wrote: »

I can't even remember thr last flight I was on that had actual food you could order. Usually just bagged or boxed food you can order, other than the free bag of pretzels.

i know ryanair and aer lingus advertise food you can order but its like, €9 for a small bowl of chips and i don't understand why anyone would ever order it

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Usually they'll land you in the correct country. Unless the names sound a bit similar, like Slovakia and Slovenia, and then all bets are off

• Options

at night when there are lights inside i get a lot of bugs just running into the windows as well. could be that

it's a hundred year old house in a neighborhood that used to be named after a hanging

it's haunted

those bugs? Ghost bugs.

• Options
    I think on our flight to Puerto Rico I bought what was essentially a fancy Lunchable for 15 dollars.

They also served us the saddest free ham and cheese I'd ever seen, by some kind of regulation saying they had to.

• Options
    JebusUD wrote: »

i know ryanair and aer lingus advertise food you can order but its like, €9 for a small bowl of chips and i don't understand why anyone would ever order it

Once I was really hungover and the airport had no food options and I handed over about twenty quid for a terrible instant coffee and some kind of sandwich and it compounded my misery.

Other times I've had to fly Ryanair for work because I needed to get somewhere strange. In which case I'll happily pay £7 for a 330ml beer

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    So I just woke up from a nightmare that was "investigate a creepy buddhist temple where its leader might be a head in the basement" and it ended with with (cw suicide)
    a body hanging from a tree with the phrase "YOU WERE RIGHT MY FRIEND" carved into it

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    i'm being judgemental but i once bought a sandwich in longford bus station so i'm not sure how well my glass house is holding up to all these stones

• Options
    So I just woke up from a nightmare that was "investigate a creepy buddhist temple where its leader might be a head in the basement" and it ended with with (cw suicide)
    a body hanging from a tree with the phrase "YOU WERE RIGHT MY FRIEND" carved into it

I have been told that when dreaming you can't actually read text and that's a way to know you're dreaming

This was a plot point in the show Evil, but it sure seems to me like I remember reading in dreams but what do I know

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    The Sara Lee guy was parked out front in his huge box truck, fluorescent caution cones around the thing. My old lady checker managed to rear end this stationary truck- not clipping the corner by misjudging a turn but just running fully into the back doing at least 10mph. The hood of her big SUV is rolled up back to the windshield.

I… suspect she won’t be clocking in this morning

that’s almost impressive

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    The Sara Lee guy was parked out front in his huge box truck, fluorescent caution cones around the thing. My old lady checker managed to rear end this stationary truck- not clipping the corner by misjudging a turn but just running fully into the back doing at least 10mph. The hood of her big SUV is rolled up back to the windshield.

that’s almost impressive

die, bread truck

*accelerates*

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think on Ryanair I've taken a pack lunch or it's been so short no meal was necessary. As long as you remember it's Ryanair and don't expect them to act like they're not Ryanair you're fine.

• Options
    edited August 2021

Maybe she is the fabled one who doesn't like Sara Lee.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    The new Spiderman is gonna be only in theaters supposedly, in mid December when we all know Delta is going to be ravaging the country still. It's coming out like 3 weeks after Thanksgiving.

So I'm putting together my Spiderman Theater Armor now. I'm thinking swim goggles, 3-4 pairs of nitrile gloves, two N95 masks, and a pool cue for social distancing. What else should I get?

I'm not missing this movie.

• Options
    GrudgeGrudge blessed is the mind too small for doubtRegistered User regular
    Once me and my girlfriend took a Ryanair flight to Paris. The seats in the plane were covered in rubber. We landed in a tiny airfield waay out in the sticks. The terminal was a tent, I kid you not. The bus from the airfield to Gare du Nord took about the same time as the flight from Skavsta to Paris. But it was a very cheap flight. We were young, poor and happy. Good times.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    The new Spiderman is gonna be only in theaters supposedly, in mid December when we all know Delta is going to be ravaging the country still. It's coming out like 3 weeks after Thanksgiving.

So I'm putting together my Spiderman Theater Armor now. I'm thinking swim goggles, 3-4 pairs of nitrile gloves, two N95 masks, and a pool cue for social distancing. What else should I get?

tho by then you might be able to get your third shot

poo
  • Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    I think on Ryanair I've taken a pack lunch or it's been so short no meal was necessary. As long as you remember it's Ryanair and don't expect them to act like they're not Ryanair you're fine.

I was on a ryanair flight where I paid EUR12 for a sandwich. The person next to me saw this and informed me that they had paid one euro for the whole flight. You can imagine how thrilled I was to learn this!

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Bigger key is all those people getting their first shot.

Till we hit like 80%+ vaccination rates folks will still be at risk. Because new variants are still possible.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

fuck yeah that's true, my 3rd Pfizer is in Dec. I will say I'm pretty annoyed that 2021's writing team caved under pressure from internet trolls and patched out the plot armor I got for this season.

• Options
    also hello nerds how are things.
    I am on the cusp of some very positive developments and also the cusp of weighing 210 entire fucking lubs, which is unacceptable.
    I'm not accepting speculation on whether I'll ultimately accept it.

• Options

I'm annoyed about it along with Shang-Chi, but I can wait. I got a baby that can't go to the movies either so I'll just have to desperately avoid the internet for a month.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

fuck yeah that's true, my 3rd Pfizer is in Dec. I will say I'm pretty annoyed that 2021's writing team caved under pressure from internet trolls and patched out the plot armor I got for this season.
    Look, we all knew reality's writers are complete hacks and have known for years. Of course they would

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I can no longer muster any enthusiasm for marvel movies, which I think is probably for the best.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    I expect the new Spider-Man movie to still be much worse than Into the Spider-Verse

• Options

Guys, I think 1990's advertising might have been toxic as fuck

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Six wrote: »
    I can no longer muster any enthusiasm for marvel movies, which I think is probably for the best.

Loki revitalized me briefly but couldnt stick the ending

Get in the goddamn dark tower Roland

Tumin on
  • Options
    Couscous wrote: »

Look, we all knew reality's writers are complete hacks and have known for years. Of course they would

It's the truth but I really bought into the plot the early episodes. The July twist really threw me if I'm honest.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    i was doing a good thing™ and was going ahead and getting our student assistant's laptop ready for some wireless heatmap scanning by getting the blueprints loaded up and in order of how we wanted done
    and the laptop is fucked up and i guess no one was going to tell me and maybe thats why they've been avoiding doing the scanning like the plague.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    i'm being judgemental but i once bought a sandwich in longford bus station so i'm not sure how well my glass house is holding up to all these stones

Longford bus station is a very special kind of hell. Last time I was there I decided to just cross my legs and wait until I got to Dublin rather than to venture in there to use the loo.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    There's a part of me that is becoming incredibly fatalistic about COVID precautions because, like, we're starting class next week face to face and we've already had 18 cases

my wife is in accounting school and her classes have basically abandoned social distancing and a lot of the shitty business majors just don't wear masks and her professors don't do anything

one of us is gonna get it, plus she's still also at starbucks and their cafe is open and customers just don't even pretend to try and wear masks inside despite our county having an indoor mask mandate again

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »

Guys, I think 1990's advertising might have been toxic as fuck

I mean, that's honestly pretty good advice.

This discussion has been closed.