Options

[DEATHLOOP] - The newest 0451-em-up by Arkane

Crippl3Crippl3 ohnoRegistered User regular
edited September 2021 in Social Entropy++
DEATHLOOP is a game about a man, Colt, trapped in a time loop in which he must kill the 8 leaders of Blackreef Isle, to break the loop and escape.
What this means, is lots of sneakin', lots of shootin', lots of kickin', and lots of reading notes to find door codesin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8phmhAoxeIs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKVqwEsw4Uo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4cIxjwM4hU

The game rules so far, feel free to talk about it here.
(And if you're still confused as to what Deathloop is, click here for more info)

Crippl3 on
«1345678

Posts

  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I have this game and I keep trying to find time to play it but people keep INTERRUPTING ME

    I'm still in the tutorial bits but I can FEEL the potential, I can TASTE it

  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I feel like the tutorial is a mite too long, but i am really enjoying it so far. the shooting feels kind of...weird, though. I don't know how to describe it. it feels...soft?

    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Man, this game is such a gift

    I could never bring myself to play Prey/Dishonored sloppy and reckless, I just couldn't do it. Had to be careful and methodical and find every little thing and be perfect

    But this one doesn't let me do that, and so I'm playing in a way I NEVER would have on my own, and it fucking rules. I keep being stunned by how far I can get by the seat of my pants, it's so exhilarating

  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i love colt

    he's such a mouthy dumbass

  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Yeah as long as I have the drop on the bad guys, I feel pretty confident starting a fight. But if I don't, or if there's 6 where I thought there were 3, I get in trouble.

    Contrasted with other stealth and Arkane games where I either ghost through or meticulously peel guys off one by one. Sometimes you just need to get in there and use Nexus, throw a grenade, and run for cover.

  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I hated the Pepper Mill for so long
    And then I got a purple Pepper Mill with bleed damage, and an accuracy trinket

    Opinion: CHANGED

  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    question about Slabs:
    can you eventually infuse them, or are they always reset after the loop?

    Also, are infused guns infused forever, or just for that loop?

    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    question about Slabs:
    can you eventually infuse them, or are they always reset after the loop?

    Also, are infused guns infused forever, or just for that loop?
    Yes, and forever

  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Ok so a further question about Juliana, speculation by me based on the first real encounter with her
    So has she also been killing several of the visionaries in order to get their slabs?

    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    This looks like a neat game I should probably buy.

    Hey folks who like this game, why should I buy this game?

  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    cursedking wrote: »
    I feel like the tutorial is a mite too long, but i am really enjoying it so far. the shooting feels kind of...weird, though. I don't know how to describe it. it feels...soft?

    I feel like this is an Arkane thing, because I felt exactly the same about Prey and Dishonored, especially Dishonored which this game feels most similar to in terms of movin’ around

    Something about the shooting just feels… soft is a good word for it, even though the sound design is meaty and the kick is serious the guns feels a little like toys

    Maybe there needs to be more screenshake, maybe there’s something about the way they animate, I really don’t know but it doesn’t feel as good as a dedicated shooter somehow

    It’s a really really minor issue because again that sound design is great and frankly I think most of the guns feel nice, it’s just odd

    Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    I love Colt's dialog; an FPS protagonist who is primarily sick of this damn shit but is also human enough to gloat or sneer or be silly enough to try to name his gun is something many games dont get quite right - they tend to hammer in YOUR SHOOTMAN'S PERSONALITY IS THIS AND THIS ALONE and that's it. Not that Colt seems like some deeply intricate individual but at least he's got layers, which is sonething

    Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I love Colt's dialog; an FPS protagonist who is primarily sick of this damn shit but is also human enough to gloat or sneer or be silly enough to try to name his gun is something many games dont get quite right - they tend to hammer in YOUR SHOOTMAN'S PERSONALITY IS THIS AND THIS ALONE and that's it. Not that Colt seems like some deeply intricate individual but at least he's got layers, which is sonething

    He has more than one note, which makes him at minimum twice as compelling as any other FPS shootman

    It helps that the dialogue in this game is legit funny, which is so rare for comedy in games of this genre and scale! I was very pleasantly surprised

    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I also appreciate Arkane's continuing dedication to filling their game with lots and lots and lots of in-fiction branding and visual designs

    I want to get a sniper rifle just so I can get a better zoom in on all those bottle labels

    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    colt's personality is based off of this vine

    https://youtu.be/leeP6LgM8H0

    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i've only done the morning of my first freeform loop, but im genuinely curious what speedrun routing for this game is gonna look like

    how much of the scripted game are speedrunners gonna need to play before they can break things

  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    unlocked the power station controls
    oh so it's not just weird science, we got some alternate history up in the setting too? some kind of bizarro-russia maybe?

    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Until I see specific evidence to the contrary I'm going to believe this is set in the future of the Dishonored universe because that's fun for me to do

  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Until I see specific evidence to the contrary I'm going to believe this is set in the future of the Dishonored universe because that's fun for me to do

    "Shall we gather for Fiz-Pop and hard drugs tonight?"
    "Never doubt it."

  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    i've only done the morning of my first freeform loop, but im genuinely curious what speedrun routing for this game is gonna look like

    how much of the scripted game are speedrunners gonna need to play before they can break things

    It seems like you have to do some/all of the stuff that lets you kill more than 1 person per time period. Some of that is just codes, though, so maybe if you memorize the key ones?

    So far on maximizing my killing efficiently I've got:
    I've found that Charlie and Fia get together in the afternoons for some bangin'
    If I set things up at the fireworks shack earlier, Frank will immolate himself with fireworks at night.
    It seems like Harriet really is only available in her morning timeslot, so that fixes you at Karl's Bay for the morning.

    So I assume you fix it so you visit each location once in day, and either kill 2+ or set up a 'passive' kill.

  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Charlie's Invader game mystery:
    I found 5 batteries and stuck them in the various sockets in the rocket ship. It made a noise but I can't see that it did anything else. What is supposed to happen?

  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Charlie's Invader game mystery:
    I found 5 batteries and stuck them in the various sockets in the rocket ship. It made a noise but I can't see that it did anything else. What is supposed to happen?

    I don’t know what it does but I do know
    You have to talk to 2bit to make it work

    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »
    Charlie's Invader game mystery:
    I found 5 batteries and stuck them in the various sockets in the rocket ship. It made a noise but I can't see that it did anything else. What is supposed to happen?

    I don’t know what it does but I do know
    You have to talk to 2bit to make it work
    I couldn't find 2bit. Is it in the sound booth on the 3rd or 4th floor? When I got there, the doors were sealed.

  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    cursedking wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »
    Charlie's Invader game mystery:
    I found 5 batteries and stuck them in the various sockets in the rocket ship. It made a noise but I can't see that it did anything else. What is supposed to happen?

    I don’t know what it does but I do know
    You have to talk to 2bit to make it work
    I couldn't find 2bit. Is it in the sound booth on the 3rd or 4th floor? When I got there, the doors were sealed.
    It’s whatever is called the command deck with all the Star Trek panels and stuff. There’s an antenna over the door you can hack to open it, or there was for me. It has two doors on either side

    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    oh man you guys, I tried my hand at multiplayer and I suuuuuck

    but guess what

    you level up enough, you get to unlock new skins for Colt and Julianna, some of which are ballin'

    eskvw0bjqk77.png

    Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    The only reason I'm at all interested in playing as Julianna is for the skins

  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    When I got invaded the first time, they camped the target, and I was downed twice wondering what the hell was going on before I tracked them down and put some bullets into their face. But it ended up a double kill, so they got credit for killing me and I lost the entire day.

    I then went into the menu and turned on single-player mode.

  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Yeah I don't think I'll ever turn off single player mode, the potentially cool invades are not worth the inevitable griefers.

  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    What determines how far back Reprise puts you when you die?

  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I got up to the point where multiplayer unlocks and now I'm trying to invade someone.

    Matchmaking doesn't exactly seem fast.

  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Think I just found one of the most useful guns in the game and it's super easy to get in the morning
    There's a purple silenced LIMP-10 in Egon's office/bedroom in the Complex, right in front of the right-side spawn door. If you have Shift, you can just shift into the window, through the alarm beams, without causing any alarms. There's also a ceiling vent.

  • Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    Just starting out, on the mission where you go to the Complex to learn about Infusion.
    Did you know that if you have the infusion collector thing, and you accidentally fall into the water after killing all the duplicate Wenjies, you'll respawn but the collector is still at the bottom of the water?
    :(

    kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Azraith wrote: »
    Just starting out, on the mission where you go to the Complex to learn about Infusion.
    Did you know that if you have the infusion collector thing, and you accidentally fall into the water after killing all the duplicate Wenjies, you'll respawn but the collector is still at the bottom of the water?
    :(

    That seems like something I would report to the devs somehow, as that is a frustrating thing I can see happening to many people!

    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    It will never not be enjoyable to boot someone off a cliff.

  • Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Azraith wrote: »
    Just starting out, on the mission where you go to the Complex to learn about Infusion.
    Did you know that if you have the infusion collector thing, and you accidentally fall into the water after killing all the duplicate Wenjies, you'll respawn but the collector is still at the bottom of the water?
    :(

    That seems like something I would report to the devs somehow, as that is a frustrating thing I can see happening to many people!

    They literally have a discovery card for it, with Colt essentially saying "Oops, fucked that up, guess I'll have to wait until next Loop to do that again.", so I'm pretty sure they're aware of it.

    kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Condition Detachment
    the two nerds actually roleplay-flirting their positions on the planet surface floor like it's a Star Trek episode... I always feel bad when I kill them

    Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    in the early game after things first open up, definitely seems like the strategy is to go after powers to infuse them

    maybe a gun as well

    cant wait until i can do some really chaotic stuff

  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    I think I've got a bug where I can't infuse stuff at the end of the day

    The interface opens and I can put the cursor over items to do the infuse/sacrifice thing but the button prompts don't show and hitting X just makes a little "nope" noise

    I have... a lot of shit from this run I don't wanna lose

    Edit: the prompts don't show but I can still infuse or sacrifice. I just can't see how much anything will cost

    Edit again: yeah even going into the next day my menus are all jacked up. Gonna try a restart

    Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I know some folks were worried about grieving from invaders but honestly the deck is stacked HEAVILY in colt's favor, since he has to die 3 times for you to win

  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm invading a friend's game and it's STILL taking forever to matchmake

Sign In or Register to comment.