As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DEATHLOOP] - The newest 0451-em-up by Arkane

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    he gets sacrificed first thing in the morning, cant figure out how to not have him end up in the acid pit
    There are controls for the crane right next to Harriet. If he's being lowered, but not dead yet, just pull him up.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Hmm well that didnt work
    I just killed Harriet and he survived and now his workshop is open but there's no wolf mask there

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Aleksis
    am I going to have to set up this sound booth every single time to get him dancing? Is there any other way to ID him? I'm even checking walkthroughs and every single one just says to use the music mix or wait until he tells a certain story on the mic

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Aleksis
    am I going to have to set up this sound booth every single time to get him dancing? Is there any other way to ID him? I'm even checking walkthroughs and every single one just says to use the music mix or wait until he tells a certain story on the mic
    If you get in the Castle through the window inside the big scaffolding to the left, you can hear a conversation that offers another way to ID

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Aleksis
    If you get up to the roof there's a door in the back that gets you into the rafters of the beer cellar, and there's a conversation in another backroom on one of the lower/basement floors that tells you what to do there
    (unsure if it's randomized or not, you need to turn off a certain beer tap, for me it was the Chocolate one)

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Aleksis

There is another way yes. The two posts after yours both have details on it. It is quicker to ID him but doesn't solve the core problem in that map of "holy shit there are so many people."

• Options
    Okay, you know what, the Julianna invasion shit is getting real old

I'm tired of her fucking up runs where I need to do multiple steps over multiple time periods and when I get looped I gotta do em again

I was skeptical about this system before release, then once I actually saw her in action I was like, okay, this is an interesting wrinkle, and now I'm back around to being fucking annoyed by it

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Got the dialogue where Colt asks Julianna how long he's been there and got hit with probably the greatest fuck in all of videogames. Gonna save it and use it a notification on my phone for, I dunno, when I get an on-call or something.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Aleksis
    If you get up to the roof there's a door in the back that gets you into the rafters of the beer cellar, and there's a conversation in another backroom on one of the lower/basement floors that tells you what to do there
    (unsure if it's randomized or not, you need to turn off a certain beer tap, for me it was the Chocolate one)
    It was also the chocolate one for me when I went. I didn't find the actual kegs until after I'd murdered everyone though

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I just looked up how to get the transforming shotgun and fuck that. who has the time? not me

• Options
    I just looked up how to get the transforming shotgun and fuck that. who has the time? not me

Sounds like someone won't be getting the achievement for being a real gamer and completing all of Charlie's games.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Charlie fucking Montague

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I found the shotgun one to be really easy. It’s also on a map where you can’t get invaded so you have all the time in the world.

The shotgun is good but it can’t beat the strelak 50-50 at pvp. Nothing much can beat ten shotgun rounds to the face.

My favorite Juliana setup so far is a strelak that causes bleed, the orange sniper rifle that causes bleed, and a four pounder that shoots gas, so when colt fires back he explodes

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I have a trinket that makes it so poison gas heals me and I can't wait to be invaded by a very confused juliana

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I have a trinket that makes it so poison gas heals me and I can't wait to be invaded by a very confused juliana

Yeah I’m waiting for people to start using that, but no one seems to- although it doesn’t help with the explosions

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    My first invasion had Juliana just... charge me? With a machete?

And then I shot her in the face with a shotgun, and looted a better shotgun from her corpse. Which would have one shot me, since I did that to her.

She almost had the last laugh though because she mined the radio tower and I got blown to 25% HP on my last life...

But I got the last laugh because she gave me the invisibility slab so I just whoop whooped to a bar full of health soda.

This game is fun.

I ate an engineer
  • Options

just remember that shooting while in poison gas still makes it explode, and afaik you still aren't immune to that

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I finished Deathloop today!
    Holy fuck, what a wet fart of an ending. I finish this game with more questions than answers and if this will not get a sequel / DLC, then this story will be irreedemable. I want to love Arkane, but I have no idea what happened there, and I have reasons to be afraid that we will not get any continuation, considering that Prey 2017 is still without sequel.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    I think it depends on how they decide to play on the passage of time in a possible sequel

if it's like the first loop colt found himself in then they could be in THE DISTANT FUTURE YEAR OF 7433 and they could have a whole Logan's Run/Brave New World situation to deal with as fish out of water

if they decide to still keep the world around them in 1963 then there's a whole smorgasbord of options: another military installation dealing with its own anomaly loop that Colt has to be sent into by the army, whatever the hell the geo-political situation in the rest of the world boiling over and temporal super-weapons getting into the mix, the AEON Visionaries not knowing when to stop and trying to restart the loop again or face a rebellion from the Eternalists

I basically consider the narrative of Deathloop as an Assassin's Creed 1 situation where it's more like a proof of concept for the setting and the main mechanical mcguffin rather than something that is supposed to fully deliver solely on its own strengths

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    I finished this this morning. I'm sure there's a bunch of little things I didn't see or experiment with, but I got 30 hours out of the dang thing and feel pretty good. The ending is pretty undercooked, but I do hope there's at least some DLC or something to follow up on those final scenes

Some thoughts on Julianna, ending spoilers
    I'm not super clear on why Julianna was so keen on protecting the loop. At various times she claims that she's having a great time where she is, that keeping the other Visionaries confined to the loop is doing the outside world a favor, and also that things aren't so hot outside after all and they're all better off staying here (which, it seems like those last two conflict a bit, and I also feel like some or all of these are just different tactics to try to convince Colt)

in the ending where you break the loop and see briefly what things actually look like out there, the sky and sea are definitely extremely fucked up, implying that some kind of apocalyptic event has happened or is impending, giving some credence to that explanation, but I would have expected her to start hitting that point a little harder

and the "I'm having a great time right here" explanation pretty much means that your daughter is a sociopath now, which is a fairly bleak character note if true!

seems like a real "no good ending" sort of scenario if they never follow up

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    I finished this this morning. I'm sure there's a bunch of little things I didn't see or experiment with, but I got 30 hours out of the dang thing and feel pretty good. The ending is pretty undercooked, but I do hope there's at least some DLC or something to follow up on those final scenes

I'm not super clear on why Julianna was so keen on protecting the loop. At various times she claims that she's having a great time where she is, that keeping the other Visionaries confined to the loop is doing the outside world a favor, and also that things aren't so hot outside after all and they're all better off staying here (which, it seems like those last two conflict a bit, and I also feel like some or all of these are just different tactics to try to convince Colt)

in the ending where you break the loop and see briefly what things actually look like out there, the sky and sea are definitely extremely fucked up, implying that some kind of apocalyptic event has happened or is impending, giving some credence to that explanation, but I would have expected her to start hitting that point a little harder

and the "I'm having a great time right here" explanation pretty much means that your daughter is a sociopath now, which is a fairly bleak character note if true!

i'm not finished yet, but I'm close, and my impression right now is that it's a combination of:
    -Julianna has control issues, and feels secure here where she has absolute control
    -the world IS fucked up so there is, kind of, an argument to be made for why preserving the loop is a net good for humanity
    -more than anything else, she's got Colt trapped here. He can't run away, like it's implied he did with Lila and Julianna when she was young, and she's free to work out her anger on him however she wants, forever, in a way that's completely consequence free

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular

I feel that, at her core, Julianna just has a love-hate relationship with Colt, abandonement issues, and is an extreme thrill seeker, so she just wants to spend time with her father by killing him again and again. Everything else is just an excuse to convince Colt to not break the loop.

• Options
    Story thing about Colt's motivation
    I don't think the version of Colt we play as even knows why he wants to break the loop and I think that's weird. He wakes up with no memory and then just goes along with it when another version of himself says to break the loop.

When talking to Julianna he tries to justify his decision, but I don't think he actually knows why he decided it in the first place. Similarly, he learns things about his past, but never remembers any of it.

I think one of the conversations with Julianna implied that everyone used to remember the loops, but eventually started forgetting. It'd make sense to me if Colt wasn't okay with everyone else looping without even knowing it, but it's never elaborated on.

• Options
    she put the idea of breaking the loop early on in his head because she knew it'd be a true and tested method to encourage him to come into more conflict with her

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    I definitely got a conversation at one point where Colt's like "Julianna this is fucked up, none of them even realize they're looping"

I think the logic of the game is basically that, Colt learns his motivations from his other selves, but he agrees and takes on those motivations because, y'know, they're his

• Options
    edited September 2021
    I guess what I really want to know is that if Colt started forgetting from looping too much, then what made him start remembering loops again?

But also, he's the only one with complete amnesia.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Peewi wrote: »
    I guess what I really want to know is that if Colt started forgetting from looping too much, then what made him start remembering loops again?

But also, he's the only one with complete amnesia.

Julianna makes it sound like he kinda comes in and out like that. Like one of your first conversations with her is "oh good you're back!"

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    My favorite way to kill Aleksis is to
    use the link power to link a person who is speaking and is about to be thrown to the buzzsaws at the party to him

• Options
    i gotta figure out the party

i've done basically everything else there is to do in the game, except i've barely even poked my head in there, and every time i do it just seems like a fuckin' meatgrinder

• Options
    I could do Charlie's games for the weapon rewards, but fuck that shit

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I could do Charlie's games for the weapon rewards, but fuck that shit
    It's possible to hack them to make them a lot more reasonble to do

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I finished. Never figured out how that hooka room in Updaam worked. Also
    In fisk’s right out of the tunnel there is that rebel base or whatever underneath the road and there are three combination locks to open what I assume is a hidden door right next to them. Never found anything even directing me towards those doors. Was it the early morning radio messages? They seemed to stop after several loops, or at least the prompt in the select screen went away.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    In fisk’s right out of the tunnel there is that rebel base or whatever underneath the road and there are three combination locks to open what I assume is a hidden door right next to them. Never found anything even directing me towards those doors. Was it the early morning radio messages? They seemed to stop after several loops, or at least the prompt in the select screen went away.
    hack any radio in the morning and you'll get a voice repeating a set of coordinates and then a number. the coordinates are marked on the map in that hideout, and they point to hideouts with doorbells in other areas of the island. you have to ring each doorbell the number of times the transmission states to open the door. they each contain a bunch of intel files from Horizon, the military project that Colt used to work for and who had agents among the Eternalists. they also contain one of the three passwords you need for the combination locks. once you have all three it opens another intel archive with a bunch more backstory, including on Colt himself, and a couple of guns (two Tribunals, one that marks enemies and one that does bonus damage TO marked ones).

oh, and there's another Dishonored easter egg in there.

• Options
    hack any radio in the morning and you'll get a voice repeating a set of coordinates and then a number. the coordinates are marked on the map in that hideout, and they point to hideouts with doorbells in other areas of the island. you have to ring each doorbell the number of times the transmission states to open the door. they each contain a bunch of intel files from Horizon, the military project that Colt used to work for and who had agents among the Eternalists. they also contain one of the three passwords you need for the combination locks. once you have all three it opens another intel archive with a bunch more backstory, including on Colt himself, and a couple of guns (two Tribunals, one that marks enemies and one that does bonus damage TO marked ones).

Dang. That's a lot.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    The hardest part of doing an "Only Visionaries, no Eternalists" playthrough was, by far, the stage of the plan with no Visionaries in it

I'm so curious to learn how other folks managed it, because I felt like a goddamn GENIUS when I found my path

• Options
    edited September 2021
    The hardest part of doing an "Only Visionaries, no Eternalists" playthrough was, by far, the stage of the plan with no Visionaries in it

I'm so curious to learn how other folks managed it, because I felt like a goddamn GENIUS when I found my path

I got to the place fairly easy with aether + blink

The hard part was when I had to disable my powers to use the machine

In retrospect, I could have just set the power disabler far enough away so I could mess with it while using aether

I also shouldn't have gone for that playthrough as my first all visionaries loop.

Couscous on
  • Options
    I wish I could use nexus to connect myself with an enemy.

• Options

Thanks for the guide. I don't think I would have figured out
    the doorbell part. I had found the door in Updaam through the coordinates and had no idea how to open it.

I assume that like all the other codes in the archives that the hangar 2 tunnel coffee is also available somewhere else, but I didn't find it before this.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Man, this game is rad. And I've only fought 3 visionaries.