As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DEATHLOOP] - The newest 0451-em-up by Arkane

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    So, I haven’t been forcibly looped yet, but the closest I’ve come was absolutely at Karl’s Bay. When you find the room with the
    residuum harvester. I went around and sucked up all the residuum and put it into the machine assuming I’d get a nice purple trinket (but not before killing literally every Eternalist on the map, to make sure I was safe).

When I hit the button on the trinket machine it was like that scene from the Matrix with 10,000 goddamn Agent Smiths. I was kitted out for war with a shotgun, a pepper mill, and a fourpounder. I used every single bullet on all of them, all my grenades, three turrets, and I still died twice and barely made it back to the tunnels with a sliver of health. The machine never finished, and I must have killed 70+ Eternalists, easily. They poured in from every direction, usually with like 5 or 6 at a time in the building with me. and I honestly have no idea how I could have “won” that encounter.

I honestly wonder if it was bugged for me because I didn’t see any mention of anyone else getting ground to bits there.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Someone else here or in the PC thread definitely had that experience as well

• Options
    It’s a relief to know it sounds like a fluke, and that I’m not the only one. My screen was a pretty comical collage of exclamation bubbles.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I don't think it's a fluke - the lore stuff you can find around that suggests
    that it opens a portal for lots and lots of Travelers to come through, which is how the people who originally tried it died

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Flicker + Ghost really does not feel like a balanced combo in any way.

• Options
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    I don't think it's a fluke - the lore stuff you can find around that suggests
    that it opens a portal for lots and lots of Travelers to come through, which is how the people who originally tried it died

If that’s the case, like… I don’t think you could build a better war machine than my Colt was at that moment, and I was slaughtered mercilessly. I’m really curious if other people had an equally horrible fight. Or if it scales based on how much
    residuum you load up. Because mine was full)

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Anyone figure out the deal with the (Fristad)
    boathouse? I solved the puzzle and stopped the gas, but nothing happened. I couldn't get in the door and the guy never did anything other than get mad at me for beating him, I couldn't kill him and I couldn't find anything else in the room.

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    boathouse? I solved the puzzle and stopped the gas, but nothing happened. I couldn't get in the door and the guy never did anything other than get mad at me for beating him, I couldn't kill him and I couldn't find anything else in the room.

I actually got frustrated with that one and looked it up. It's a bit convoluted, I can give a gentle hint or two if you'd like.

• Options

I actually got frustrated with that one and looked it up. It's a bit convoluted, I can give a gentle hint or two if you'd like.

hell yeah

• Options

hell yeah
    After you first enter the Boathouse, check out the pipes in the hallway and see if one of them stands out in some way.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    There are so many mysterious bits in this game that I want to figure out on my own but also I know I'm kind of a dumb dumb

The secret treasure you can find in Updaam seems incredibly convoluted and I have no idea where to start! Same with the "mysterious radio messages" that you get discovery entries about, I've no idea how to even hear those, let alone determine what they are

Heck I found a four digit code written on a whiteboard in Fristad Rock and I have zero idea what it's even for. Took a screenshot tho, you never know

The thing so far that I'm most curious about though is
    the bunker with the three dial codes. What were those people doing here?? What is behind that door?? I must know!!

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2021
    Olivaw wrote: »
    There are so many mysterious bits in this game that I want to figure out on my own but also I know I'm kind of a dumb dumb

The secret treasure you can find in Updaam seems incredibly convoluted and I have no idea where to start! Same with the "mysterious radio messages" that you get discovery entries about, I've no idea how to even hear those, let alone determine what they are

Heck I found a four digit code written on a whiteboard in Fristad Rock and I have zero idea what it's even for. Took a screenshot tho, you never know

the bunker with the three dial codes. What were those people doing here?? What is behind that door?? I must know!!

The thing in your spoiler is a big deal. Check it again for documents/tapes and you might find the answer to one or two of your other questions.

Updaam treasure (not the solution, just an explanation of the setup):
    Three people are meeting in the apartment at noon to have a smoking contest. Whoever wins gets the treasure in the back room, the door to which has three locks that they've each got one of the codes for. One of them has had the hookah doctored to poison everyone but her. The machine in the room can switch which pipe is safe.

The mysterious signals (not the solution, just to get you started):
    Per the tape left by the spy in the bunker, hack a radio (not a phone booth, a radio - there's one in the alley behind your apartment's fire escape) in the morning. Be sure you can hear what the signal is saying and write it down in a notepad file or something, since it's not subtitled.

The code on the whiteboard (hint):
    Opens something very common.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    I have done one invasion and the Colt clearly had no clue what he was doing because he went full ghost for fifteen minutes only to awkwardly crouch walk out of the bunker doors by the entrance on complex.

I literally just fired a pistol round over his head like a starting pistol and then pushed him to disorient him while like seven eternalists firing lined the poor man.

Albino Bunny on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Per the tape left by the spy in the bunker, hack a radio (not a phone booth, a radio - there's one in the alley behind your apartment's fire escape) in the morning. Be sure you can hear what the signal is saying and write it down in a notepad file or something, since it's not subtitled.

Mine was subtitled. I have dialogue and environmental subtitles on.

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    I have done one invasion and the Colt clearly had no clue what he was doing because he went full ghost for fifteen minutes only to awkwardly crouch walk out of the bunker doors by the entrance on complex.

I literally just fired a pistol round over his head like a starting pistol and then pushed him to disorient him while like seven eternalists firing lined the poor man.

this has been my experience, i've had 2 online invasions and both times julianna was outside the tunnels before i even exited and was zipping around with double jump and shift throwing grenades

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    I just had a Julianna try get me at the cult leaders place.

Sniped me from a roof top, whiffed and then sat there with a cloak.

Patiently make my way round to the roof and then repeatedly slam bullets into her while she tries to operate a sniper and revolver point blank.

Honestly I feel like playing Hunt Showdown recently has being weirdly good prep for the pvp in this. Lots of managing mobs, patient line of sight games and so on.

Even if the actual gun play is more frantic.

• Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Is the PC version still horseshit? I wanna play :(

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    I'm running it on low.

Which I feel my machine should be better than but also it's complaining about not enough VRAM and still silky smooth?

Arkane games being like, The Most PC Ass Games Genre wise and continually coming out with terrible PC releases is such a weird situation.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    expendable wrote: »

i had trouble running it at first, but after a restart I've been running on Ultra with no problems.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    My friend playing on PC said he's had a steady 120fps while playing. After a few hours it was slowly trending down but when he restarts the game it goes right back.

So take that for what you will.

Probably also very dependent on what you are actually running. He doesn't have a top end PC, probably like higher mid-end?

Reason #345671 I have gone away from PC gaming.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    I got a brand new sniper rifle that hits so incredibly hard that the first time I headshot a dude, it immediately crashed to desktop.

So. Probably wait until they post a patch or two.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    I got a brand new sniper rifle that hits so incredibly hard that the first time I headshot a dude, it immediately crashed to desktop.

So. Probably wait until they post a patch or two.

actually I should revise my statement, this is not a consistent bug but one that seems to happen on and off, a hard crash after shooting/killing someone.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Wait until it's on sale then.

AMD 5600x
    eVGA 3070
    16GB RAM

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options

The thing in your spoiler is a big deal. Check it again for documents/tapes and you might find the answer to one or two of your other questions.

Three people are meeting in the apartment at noon to have a smoking contest. Whoever wins gets the treasure in the back room, the door to which has three locks that they've each got one of the codes for. One of them has had the hookah doctored to poison everyone but her. The machine in the room can switch which pipe is safe.

The wild part is that isn't even the Updaam treasure I was talking about!

I was talking about
    the one you find in the cave, with the guy's notes about glyphs and such

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    Alright, the biggest problems I have with this game so far are all technical, but they are huge

Losing thirty minutes of progress when I'm taking my time on a map because the game hard crashed with a wild error code sucks

As does the weird three black screen load times that occur after I leave a map! Still haven't found an explanation for those

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    expendable wrote: »

I'm running on ultra everything at 1080p and have had no issues. Well, except for a bunch of tearing but then I realised I wasn't using freesync as it was set up for 60hz at 4k rather than 120 at 1080.

No crashes, no stuttering, no weird bugs and a few hours playtime, just a bit of faffing around with the Nvidia control panel

That's with my R3700x, 2070 super and 64gb ram

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    PC technical issues seem to be fairly heterogeneous. Folks are either having few/none, or loads.

That said, there do seem to be big clusters of issues if you try to run at framerates other than 60/120.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    hey can we appreciate this is a legitimate 60s bop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPPM7YNsiO8

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options

The wild part is that isn't even the Updaam treasure I was talking about!

I was talking about
    the one you find in the cave, with the guy's notes about glyphs and such
    If you go to the spots circled on the big map, there are numbers there on a wall nearby.
    From there,
    using all the triangles, figure out the three combinations of all 6 numbers.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    hey can we appreciate this is a legitimate 60s bop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPPM7YNsiO8

Jeez I never even found this

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    oh it plays on loop if you go to frank's place in fristad in the afternoon

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    I try to avoid sweeping statements, but I think there’s a strong possibility that the Heritage Gun in slug mode with purple Sure Shot and Lightning Strike trinkets is the best sniper rifle in the game.

At least paired up with console auto-aim.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I honestly don't like the song nearly as much when it's not all shitty and tinny like it is on the in-game radio

• Options
    got you covered brosef

https://youtu.be/LJYNxLtebMk

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Infused guns you drop show up the next loop, right?

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Yep

But I'm not sure at all about sacrificed infused guns

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Yep

But I'm not sure at all about sacrificed infused guns

Sacrificed ones are gonezo

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Had a fantastically evil Juliana just now.
    I was on the final last day, and had made it to Updaam in the evening for my final visionary kills. Juliana invades immediately but I don’t see her at all. After sneaking along the outskirts for a few minutes I head to the antenna expecting a fight.

No fight. No Juliana.

I sweep through town once more and still don’t see her, so I decide to just hit the party. Got to the roof and the moment I’m lining up my shots on Wenjie and Egor, Juliana tags me and alerts evvvvvvveryone to my position. This player knew exactly what they were doing AND exactly what I was doing.

What followed was an incredible bloodbath that I barely survived. Still got my kills and finished the objective, but holy shit what an invasion.

minor incident on
  • Options
    I have determined through science that there is nothing worse than losing all three lives to a Julianna

It does not help that I know they felt smug about it

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    Gotta say though, getting your reprises back after fending off a Julia who killed you twice feels amaaaazing. It’s up there with the smell of the air after a nice rain, or that feeling you get right after you finish throwing up.