As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DEATHLOOP] - The newest 0451-em-up by Arkane

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I think a good purple nailgun reliably spawns in the Library in the mornings, but idk if that's what timspork meant or if it's an actual pistol with actual silencer, which would be super dope but which I have yet to encounter

It’s a purple Luger looking pistol with text that says it fired quietly. I don’t know where it came from it was just in my load out screen like the first time I used it.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I have a purple nail gun that's bullets explode after a bit

Not very stealthy, hilariously lethal though

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I have a silenced Tribunal and it's totally replaced the nail gun for me

Also it's very hard for me to roll with any slabs besides Shift and Nexus. Honestly kinda hate I can only have two equipped

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    On the other hand, there is such little penalty for being found/heard, I’m just running with Frank’s gun, a purple four pounder, and the heritage shotgun. Much easier to explore the map when everyone is disintegrated.

Hacking security is so ridiculous as well. The “you can hack mines” trinket never leaves my setup now

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    So far I've only found one way to get each of the gold rarity guns, but Julianna gets a bunch of variants. Can Colt get those without killing Julianna for them?

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    does that include the Strelak Verso? because the skin I got the first time I found them was so not my aesthetic I trashed them for residium immediately

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I have a silenced Tribunal and it's totally replaced the nail gun for me

Also it's very hard for me to roll with any slabs besides Shift and Nexus. Honestly kinda hate I can only have two equipped

Shift and Aether, for me

Aether with Ghost, supplemented with trinkets to juice my power meter and power recharge rate? I'm fuckin'n uncatchable

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    does that include the Strelak Verso? because the skin I got the first time I found them was so not my aesthetic I trashed them for residium immediately

Yes. The one I've got for Colt had pink glitter on it, but as Julianna I've also got one with black and white stripes and a red grip.

I was more thinking about the extra abilities, though. As Julianna I've got a Strelak Verso with explosive headshots.

• Options
    Oh the gold gun perks aren't fixed?

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Had a really fun online-player Julianna encounter last night in Updaam. I was there to get the code from Otto's Workshop, so when the player invaded, I tried to clear out some mooks quickly before she could use them against me, but got got pretty quickly by her already being in the area. Once I rezzed, I made a beeline for the bakery second floor apartment, the one across the street from your apartment. The room has windows all along both sides, with views on the Radar you have to hack as well as on Otto's Workshop.

I closed all the windows, and put proximity mines on the entrance to the apartment. Then I shot all the mooks outside Otto's and closed the window again. After that, I just kept getting eyes on the radar setup and otto's to see if I could spot her. Eventually, she came to the radar installment, and I shot her a few times but didn't kill her, and then she obviously knew where I was. She ducked out of sight and for a few minutes, I didn't see anything.

I decided to make a break for Otto's to grab the code, so I hopped out of the window facing the shop and sprinted inside, silently snapping the necks of the people out back. I got the code, and then snuck back to the front door. I spotted Juliana jumping around the roof of the apartment, obviously looking for a way into my Bakery Fortress from above like through a skylight. I shot her a couple times and she teleported away.

I decided that I had the information I needed, and was going to try to escape with my life instead of engage Juliana. I went around the back of the building, and the radar was clear. I hacked it, then made my way towards the exit, only to get blasted by a proximity mine she had left. I stopped sneaking at that point and just sprinted to the door, and could hear her shooting at me from behind. Jammed the code into the door and got out of there.

When I entered the next area, I had this exchange with her:

J- "You must be getting soft"

C- "Why is that"

J- "You just went there and didn't even kill me or the target"

C- "Maybe that was the plan all along"

J- "Sure, whatever"

And it was the plan all along! I was like that's right Colt, that is right. This game...is good.

cursedking on
  • Options
    To answer my own question from earlier: I went and got another heritage gun from the same place as the first and it has a different perk

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Oh the gold gun perks aren't fixed?

At least some aren't - I've found two versions of the gold sniper rifle, one from the place you actually find it in the world and one from Julianna's corpse.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I am holding off on trying to get more strelak versos until I can suss out if the constant glitter skin when it drops is a bug or intentional

I am really into that weapon conceptually but I simply cant with the pink rhinestone hearts look

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Okay, DeathLoop is really neat on PS5, but I'd appreciate it if it would stop soft locking and requiring me to force quit the game and lose area progress pretty please? I killed a Visionary and looked at the journal and now I can't leave the journal.

Jesus christ, QA, how'd you miss these?

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Okay, DeathLoop is really neat on PS5, but I'd appreciate it if it would stop soft locking and requiring me to force quit the game and lose area progress pretty please? I killed a Visionary and looked at the journal and now I can't leave the journal.

I managed to make it through the whole game on PS5 without hitting any crashes or glitches at all

I'm always so fascinated by how some folks get plowed by bugs and some miss them entirely, it's wild

• Options
    I'm on PC, but yeah, after I restarted my computer, I have had zero errors or stuttering.

• Options

I believe the answer is usually that QA did find it, but for whatever reason fixing it was not a top priority.

My top UI complaint, other than the times that it completely break, is that I want sorting options for guns and trinkets. The silly thing is that there are sorting options, but only in the infusion menu.

• Options
    I am holding off on trying to get more strelak versos until I can suss out if the constant glitter skin when it drops is a bug or intentional

I am really into that weapon conceptually but I simply cant with the pink rhinestone hearts look

It's the only skin I see in any Google image result for the gun, so I think that's just what it looks like

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Yeah I've had this happen twice, once in the journal and once in the pause menu.
    I've also had 2 straight-up crashes on PS5, it did not like me reconnecting a controller or walking around in the loop control center

• Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular

It's the only skin I see in any Google image result for the gun, so I think that's just what it looks like

A streamer I know has a black and white version of that. He found pink originally, died, and got a different skin when he went and found it again.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    I decided that instead of figuring out which guy at the party is Aleksis, I was instead gonna equip Havoc and a LIMP with vampire and then just go loud and murder everyone at the party.

Damn, there's a lot of people at the party.

Felt like I had killed 50 guys by the time things calmed down.

• Options
    Peewi wrote: »
    I decided that instead of figuring out which guy at the party is Aleksis, I was instead gonna equip Havoc and a LIMP with vampire and then just go loud and murder everyone at the party.

Damn, there's a lot of people at the party.

Felt like I had killed 50 guys by the time things calmed down.

The map supplies you with four turrets in the immediate vicinity of the party. Each time I’ve done that hit I just park them outside and wait.

The bosses…do not do well against turrets

• Options
    Killed a player Juliana that had a different scoped rifle perk and then forgot to replace one of my guns with it :/

Oh well, I didn’t really want it, since the one I got has a charged shot, and this one was +bleed which isn’t great on a rifle you’re trying to kill dudes with one shot anyway. But still!!!

• Options
    A (conceptually) cool thing to do with turrets is to throw it towards enemies and then using the radio to deploy it.

In practice however, they're likely to fall over and end up pointing in a weird direction or even completely refuse to deploy.

• Options
    What are those red circular panels on the ground in various places? At first I thought they were power points for the turrets but it seems like the turrets can go anywhere so I don't know what those panels do

• Options
    What are those red circular panels on the ground in various places? At first I thought they were power points for the turrets but it seems like the turrets can go anywhere so I don't know what those panels do

They activate stuff on them when an alarm is triggered.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I found a machine in Karl's Bay Night that had a residuum container attached, like the one you used on the Wenjies in the tutorial. The deal appeared to be that you'd fill it up with residuum and plug it in, and it would make a trinket.

I did that. It took almost all the residuum in the level, plus the resdiuum from my own body when I died once. I loaded it back in the machine and turned the crank. Colt said something like "oh that's loud" and the level went fucking BANANAS. I don't know if something bugged out, but it just kept spawning Eternalites coming through the windows and the doors. I must have killed 30 of them. I eventually ran low on health and ammo and had to run away, and the last time I checked the machine was still working on the trinket. It was kind of fun but I do wish I'd eventually gotten whatever the prize was supposed to be.

• Options
    captaink wrote: »
    I found a machine in Karl's Bay Night that had a residuum container attached, like the one you used on the Wenjies in the tutorial. The deal appeared to be that you'd fill it up with residuum and plug it in, and it would make a trinket.

I did that. It took almost all the residuum in the level, plus the resdiuum from my own body when I died once. I loaded it back in the machine and turned the crank. Colt said something like "oh that's loud" and the level went fucking BANANAS. I don't know if something bugged out, but it just kept spawning Eternalites coming through the windows and the doors. I must have killed 30 of them. I eventually ran low on health and ammo and had to run away, and the last time I checked the machine was still working on the trinket. It was kind of fun but I do wish I'd eventually gotten whatever the prize was supposed to be.

It's kind of hidden in a corner and hard to see, but there's a lever you can pull in that building that spawns guys around the map that drop residuum corpses.

I'm not sure if it always happens or if it's because I died during the thing, but I had to restart the machine. When it was done, it gave me 4 or 5 trinkets.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    dang deathloop is just crashing too much for me

im gonna have to wait for some patches or smth

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    It's a shame, because when this game works, it's goddamn glorious.

Hunting a Visionary, down to one life, praying you finish up and make it out without dying because you've got a new sick-ass gun and that slab looks promising too and your pockets are filled with Residium... It's absolutely a huge thrill.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    The maps seem just the right size for not being able to save, too. They're dense with interiors and stuff to find but they're also small enough as the crow flies to run across in like forty seconds or so

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    captaink wrote: »

You have to kill the people that spawn first, it’s in the audio note next to the machine. There will be giant beams of light where they are - you have to quickly kill them so more will spawn.

When you turn on the machine, it will pause at least once and you’ll have to turn it back on. Dudes will spawn until it finishes.

Basically you hear the experiment happen as you enter the level, that is what wenjie is commenting on over the intercom. The machine causes other universe people to come in that you kill to harvest energy to make trinkets.

cursedking on
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Man, if the matchmaking in this game didn’t suck it is all I would be doing

Edit: hahahah hoooo my god my Juliana just got a four pounder with acid clouds, let me tell you, colts do NOT love this one weird trick to take their health to zero

cursedking on
  • Options
    God I can NOT figure out Dorsey Manor

There's so many enemies, every smart trick I try to get around the edges or the top leads to me falling to my death, I have no idea how to find the clues about Aleksis

• Options

There's so many enemies, every smart trick I try to get around the edges or the top leads to me falling to my death, I have no idea how to find the clues about Aleksis

I haven’t done this one yet, but question/hint on the part I’m on
    Have you gotten the lead in Big Smiley about getting a mask?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    There's a couple backdoors into the party and a couple hints within the party itself that reveal a couple ways to reveal Aleksis.

That said, it is very hard to stealth around the party because there's eleventyfuck people there.

• Options
    cursedking wrote: »

Cant figure out how to get in the door, it's always locked

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options

what the fuck is Big Smiley

• Options

Cant figure out how to get in the door, it's always locked
    There’s a note on the door that says where he is and what you have to do to make sure it’s operated in the day

• Options
    he gets sacrificed first thing in the morning, cant figure out how to not have him end up in the acid pit

wY6K6Jb.gif