As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No, It's the Artisanal Cheese Villains Who Are Wrong in the [BAD FOOD] Thread

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Make a grilled cheese with it.

Then we will know it's meltyness factor.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I am in love with Norwegian yeast

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    Make a grilled cheese with it.

Then we will know it's meltyness factor.

I did that once - brown cheese on brioche

It was a greasy delicious slab of heart attack

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    This isn't bad

Needs to be on something sweet or carby I think to balance out the the flavor

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I think precision is important for cake or pastries

Bread feels like a whole other living breathing beast

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    This isn't bad

Waffles

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    This isn't bad

Waffles

Would it be acceptable perhaps to grate it onto french toast and top with a little powdered sugar?

I mostly get a nutty tangy and salty flavor from this brand the Gordon food service store had, and it's a little closer to cheese than I imagined. So I think if you mix it with a little sweet and something like french toast you will really have a nice range of flavor there.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    my norwegian uncle eats that stuff every day, usually with bread

I've had it too, it's good but not the kind of thing I feel the need to keep around

Shorty on
  • Options
    I am in love with Norwegian yeast

I think the Beatles wrote a song about it

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Scones are biscuits that remove all the moisture from your mouth

you can't use the word biscuit as a descriptor on this forum, it's too international and just makes it more confusing

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Scones are biscuits that remove all the moisture from your mouth

you can't use the word biscuit as a descriptor on this forum, it's too international and just makes it more confusing

Scones are “pastries” that remove all the moisture from your mouth, although now I’m no longer quoting Ted Lasso

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    This isn't bad

Waffles

Would it be acceptable perhaps to grate it onto french toast and top with a little powdered sugar?

I mostly get a nutty tangy and salty flavor from this brand the Gordon food service store had, and it's a little closer to cheese than I imagined. So I think if you mix it with a little sweet and something like french toast you will really have a nice range of flavor there.

Well, I wouldn't be able to stop you :) But seriously, knock yourself out.

Could you show me a picture of the cheese and/or check to see the ratio of cow to goat's milk?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    "Did not paint my nails. Zero stars!"

Yeah no, that promo shot looks like someone who doesn't know how food prep or service works at all. Guessing it's a fried spiral potato on a giant ass hotdog?

Doesn't seem like something that's easily served at a venue.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    MEXICAN vs. JAPANESE Ramen | Mexican BIRRIA NOODLES & Soba OKONOMIYAKI | Chicago (20 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo-0ia12Ux8

• Options
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    hw4ie9wvkpuh.jpeg

Jambalaya in the instant pot!

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I've had spiralled potato sticks that worked perfectly well and looked excellent. I suspect whoever did the real version was either rushed off their feet or did not give one shit.

• Options
    It probably still tastes ok

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    The PR photo doesn't look any better or worse than the real life photo?

There's maybe 10% more potato in the PR pic!

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Stopped by a Food 4 Less on the way home for quick groceries. Not my usual place but it's closer to home and I smelled rain in the air so went on in.

Good thing I did because I didn't realize that it was under the Kroger brand! In other words, I now have a 12 pack of Mt Dew Thrashed Apple, plus Pepsi Soda Shoppe Cream Soda + Black Cherry because there was a Buy 3 special. Thrashed Apple is pretty tasty! Manzanita Sol goes for red apple but this one went all in on the green and it's got a pretty nice sourness as a result. No identifiable aftertaste like Major Melon or VooDew either so that's bonus points. The only downside is it can only be gotten at Kroger locations and I had forgotten how awful grocery store lines can be when only two lanes are open.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »

This.

The main difference is lighting.

Either way it's not worth 12 fucking dollars

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Slow-smoked a corned beef today with hickory wood.

Turned out pretty good. Needed to let it soak longer in water to pull out more of the salt, but overall good,
    7v5g715ac1nj.jpg

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    MEXICAN vs. JAPANESE Ramen | Mexican BIRRIA NOODLES & Soba OKONOMIYAKI | Chicago (20 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo-0ia12Ux8

Though I live in an area deep in Mexican style food that ramen is not popular as it's on the discount shelf at work

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Slow-smoked a corned beef today with hickory wood.

Turned out pretty good. Needed to let it soak longer in water to pull out more of the salt, but overall good,
    7v5g715ac1nj.jpg

Put that corned beef in a bagel.

Mustard.

Gherkin (I think you lot call it pickle?).

That's it. It's a perfect sandwich

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    This isn't bad

Digestive biscuits!

• Options
    Man I got some darker roasted espresso beans than I'm used to.

Had to dial the grinder up like 8 numbers to get it to extract.

I got a kilo bag though so I froze like 5 jars worth so I'll be set for a while.

I also had to clean my machine yesterday and still need to really make sure my steam wand is purged of citric acid before I try to make a milk drink.

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    Yeah you've gotta purge your steam wand every now and then

if you know what I mean

wink

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    spono wrote: »
    Yeah you've gotta purge your steam wand every now and then

if you know what I mean

wink

Do you take your coffee with cream?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I like my coffee like I like my men. Ground into a powder and boiled.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I like my coffee like I like my men. Ground into a powder and boiled.

I didn't know you were into cowboys

• Options
    Made it just before 11am
    guewcc0fim1g.jpg

Tastes almost as good as it looks

But I just added like 5g too much caramel syrup.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    But I just added like 5g too much caramel syrup.

oh darn

• Options
    Why is that dude getting super upset about cereal?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I think I'm gonna need another Pepsi Black Cherry later. Couldn't fully parse this first one. It had the depth of the black cherry flavor I remember from Shasta brand but with the addition of Pepsi it became something different. It was definitely good, wouldn't be having another later if it was bad, but it had a flavor I need to investigate further.

In any case, Pepsi Black Cherry is good and I recommend it.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »

Ok, the the second pic is obviously quite a bit sloppier and rushed. Not that it's a big deal.

But 10% more?!?!

There's like legit twice as many spirals on the PR pic!

It's like double the amount!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    V1m wrote: »

He's not getting mad at cereal, he's getting mad at Wendy's (or possibly Wendy herself) for popularizing the "Hot take roasting" style of brand name multi-national corporation Twitter advertising that Wendy('s) popularized.
    And, apparently, he thinks his cereal blog is big and important enough for Wendy's to notice and make a chocolate marshmallow cereal to apologize to him directly for their grievous Twitter sin.
    Or, he's hoping that Wendy's will notice him (senpai!) and tweet their own twitter roast back at him driving traffic to said cereal blog.

I want to go back in time to when I wouldn't know any of this.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    The secret to Twitter is you don't actually click to the article. Just read the tweet/look at the pic.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    V1m wrote: »

He's not getting mad at cereal, he's getting mad at Wendy's (or possibly Wendy herself) for popularizing the "Hot take roasting" style of brand name multi-national corporation Twitter advertising that Wendy('s) popularized.
    And, apparently, he thinks his cereal blog is big and important enough for Wendy's to notice and make a chocolate marshmallow cereal to apologize to him directly for their grievous Twitter sin.
    Or, he's hoping that Wendy's will notice him (senpai!) and tweet their own twitter roast back at him driving traffic to said cereal blog.

I want to go back in time to when I wouldn't know any of this.

So tl;dr "Oh no, people are being dumb and annoying on Twitter, a platform expressly designed to encourage people to be dumb and annoying"?

This discussion has been closed.