As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[OOC] Vampire: The Masquerade - Pyramid Scheme [PBP]

1356710

Posts

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Looks like João's got the Bureaucracy knowledge to help find us a decent setup, but this will wipeout our current respective resources. Is this still how we want to proceed? @discrider @Kirindal

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Unsure.
    Seems that it would be reasonably useful to have neutral territory to meet people in.
    But it's somewhat adjacent to what we're attempting to achieve, and we'd be begging for money from the Regentia for anything else later.

  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Hmm, I was thinking of judicious application of vampiric abilities to help smooth out the path. I'm good with tabling the office scheme for now for to go with computer lab.

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Good to head to the computer lab! :)

    Louie will be trying to appear nonchalant on Gurstag's home turf, but will be hoping desperately to be recognized by a college aged childe

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    @cj iwakura: Does Louie have any last known contacts or addresses for his (much despised)-Sire, or his Sire's enablers, that he could plug into the To/From directions he pulls up on his phone search while idly seeking out office space?

    Idea being to throw off any heat that comes this way for our trio onto a more deserving target; make it a-bit murky about who exactly called in this job to anyone curious enough to poke around the subject; definitely not just seeking passive aggressive disapproval/attention from Louie's Daddy Vampire

    mrpaku on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: »
    @cj iwakura: Does Louie have any last known contacts or addresses for his (much despised)-Sire, or his Sire's enablers, that he could plug into the To/From directions he pulls up on his phone search while idly seeking out office space?

    Idea being to throw off any heat that comes this way for our trio onto a more deserving target; make it a-bit murky about who exactly called in this job to anyone curious enough to poke around the subject; definitely not just seeking passive aggressive disapproval/attention from Louie's Daddy Vampire

    He could use his streetwise/occult connections to do some digging, but it would take time, at least a couple of hours of carousing or research.

    cj_iwakura.gif
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    mrpaku wrote: »
    @cj iwakura: Does Louie have any last known contacts or addresses for his (much despised)-Sire, or his Sire's enablers, that he could plug into the To/From directions he pulls up on his phone search while idly seeking out office space?

    Idea being to throw off any heat that comes this way for our trio onto a more deserving target; make it a-bit murky about who exactly called in this job to anyone curious enough to poke around the subject; definitely not just seeking passive aggressive disapproval/attention from Louie's Daddy Vampire

    He could use his streetwise/occult connections to do some digging, but it would take time, at least a couple of hours of carousing or research.

    Louie has a 2 Streetwise and 1 Occult. Please consider his current passive status: [ Cyber-Stalking His Absentee Sire and Known Associates from a Smart Phone ] anytime we're not otherwise occupied tonight! (Figure it isn't exactly the most pressing issue at hard, but if Louie leaves it cooking on the back burner for long enough...)

    mrpaku on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    How easy is it to acquire more Resources?
    Just wondering if we had drained them, how we would go about restoring them

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    How easy is it to acquire more Resources?
    Just wondering if we had drained them, how we would go about restoring them

    They restore over time, it's just committed for a set period based on the use.

    cj_iwakura.gif
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Just to be clear: is everyone still good with the PBP format? I'm accustomed to it, but in the past, it's caused some stories to be a bit drawn out and cause some decline in interest. If a shift to something like real time and/or discord is preferable, we could work that out.

    cj_iwakura.gif
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    I'm good with/used to the PbP pace! Noticed I'm much less available to post during the holidays this year, so being able to check in is happening more slowly, but figure that's most everybody.

    If people wanted to change to Discord, I'd be on-board, but would have to make accomodations well ahead of time (stay at home dad). Real time probably wouldn't work on my end without endless interruptions from my three kids/dog/real life

    I'll give an update for Louie on the computer lab later!

    cj iwakura
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    I'm more fine with PbP because I'm in a different time zone. (+11 GMT, AEST)
    Just feel bad about posting things from my phone, although I don't really have an easy way to sit down and type ever.

    discrider on
  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    I'm also good with the PbP pace. November and December tends to be high season for me in real time, so I lag quite a bit during these bits. Real time might be a bit harder for me to swing, I don't keep particularly conventional hours so my clock tends to tick where others tock.

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    What sort of check would João and the gang be looking at to convince one of the kids playing World of Warcraft to scoot over for a few minutes and share their account via straight bullying/strongly convincing/politely encouraging?

    discrider
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: »
    What sort of check would João and the gang be looking at to convince one of the kids playing World of Warcraft to scoot over for a few minutes and share their account via straight bullying/strongly convincing/politely encouraging?

    Unless Dominate is in play, Charisma+Subterfuge would do, challenge of 2.

    cj_iwakura.gif
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    João has a Dominate 2 and a Charisma 2! Seems like our best bet from the three of us

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Apologies, didn't notice that roll that Gurstag made, though I wasn't really sure what it was meant to reflect. As far as he can tell, none of his students are there, or more likely, if they are, they aren't paying him any mind.

    cj_iwakura.gif
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    That was more a bad luck roll than anything.
    Just rolling 2d10 to see if any of my students were the ones about to be pressured into using their account.
    Was originally thinking just his Herd, but it's possible that others from his class might be here, although he'd not mind that as much.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    That was more a bad luck roll than anything.
    Just rolling 2d10 to see if any of my students were the ones about to be pressured into using their account.
    Was originally thinking just his Herd, but it's possible that others from his class might be here, although he'd not mind that as much.

    A Herd wouldn't negatively affect the situation, since it's not a flaw, it would just be an ironic happenstance.
    (Just a question of whether or not @Kirindal wishes to use Dominate or just regular persuasion.)

    cj_iwakura.gif
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    That was more a bad luck roll than anything.
    Just rolling 2d10 to see if any of my students were the ones about to be pressured into using their account.
    Was originally thinking just his Herd, but it's possible that others from his class might be here, although he'd not mind that as much.

    A Herd wouldn't negatively affect the situation, since it's not a flaw, it would just be an ironic happenstance.
    (Just a question of whether or not @Kirindal wishes to use Dominate or just regular persuasion.)

    I mean, it would.
    These guys look like they're getting hungry to Gurstag, and he doesn't blame them.

    That is, the professor might find it hard to share.

    discrider on
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Louie isn't gonna just feast on your campus, Gurstag! That would be super rude and a violation of basic vampire etiquette!

    ...

    I mean, at the very least, he's not gonna let you catch him at it...

    discrider
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2
    Just waiting to see if @Kirindal wants to roll for persuasion and/or dominate prior to updating.
    (Also, happy new year!)



    For the time being, rather than prolong things out further, I'll post an update and revise if needed.

    cj iwakura on
    cj_iwakura.gif
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Happy New Year, everybody! :)

    Would I need to roll anything to have Louie sit behind one of the college kids trying to actually study right now, and loudly and obnoxiously bemoan his lack of a printer?

    If not, Louie's gonna get antsy and just, find a computer somewhere and make a guest account

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Happy New Year, everybody! :)

    Would I need to roll anything to have Louie sit behind one of the college kids trying to actually study right now, and loudly and obnoxiously bemoan his lack of a printer?

    If not, Louie's gonna get antsy and just, find a computer somewhere and make a guest account

    Not at all, unless he's actively trying to persuade them to up and leave or let him borrow the computer. Otherwise just a question of how they react.


    There's also nothing stopping them from making a guest account and eliminating the middleman.

    cj iwakura on
    cj_iwakura.gif
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Would Louie be familiar with/can he roll to see if he's familiar with the pianist and any of the band?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Would Louie be familiar with/can he roll to see if he's familiar with the pianist and any of the band?

    He's heard of them in passing, a cursory search would show they have a decent local following, but they're not really a blip on the national radar.

    cj_iwakura.gif
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Sorry for the delay; my head's not been in this for the past couple of days.

    The professor would be looking to gather as much information as he can about the location and their contact before we make our rendezvous.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    They'll have the opportunity to do that upon retiring for the night, which can be their downtime once they leave if preferable.

    cj_iwakura.gif
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Louie is good to leave from the computer lab and head to Downtime! He'd do whatever he could in the time left tonight to help Gurstag learn about the band and the hidden location, hoping to play on his Contacts in Music to find out more. Or if that falls through, use his Streetwise and Survival skills to give a good look at whatever information Professor Gurstag manages to pull up about the location for tactical purposes!

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    That's fine, you'll likely learn what came of your resources at the start of the next night, as well as the response to their email. You all will have 5XP to make use of(or hold onto) as well.

    Will they be gathering at the venue, or meeting up before hand?

    cj_iwakura.gif
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    I vote we meet up a couple blocks away from the venue and then all approach together. Louie would leave his car somewhere nearby before he meets up with Gurstag and (hopefully!) João

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Sounds good

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Hopefully all's well on @Kirindal 's front, but I'm willing to give a few days or so just in case.

    cj_iwakura.gif
    discrider
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    After Louie and Gurstag's conversation wraps, Louie's good heading to his tiny loft apartment to prepare for the meeting tomorrow evening!

    His idea of "business casual" (and how he'll be dressed the next time Gurstag and João see him) is going to be too-tight red leather pants (that tie up on the sides rather than zip), a finely woven, too-large silk shirt (with the cover of the Rolling Stone's"Their Satanic Majesties Request" hand-stitched all across it), a long, grey men's peacoat, a Mulberry silk scarf, and a large, wide-brimmed purple fedora with a massive hawk feather sticking out of it

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Does Louie have time before the meetup with Gurstag (believe the plan was for him to drive over, park two or three blocks away from the venue, join up with Gurstag immediately after, and walk to the bar together) to hit a dive bar or two, see if he maybe gets recognized by a fan/if he can get a quick feed to fall into his lap before the night gets going? And if so, what would I need to roll?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    That's a lot to manage, but it's not impossible, it would just be cutting it very close. It all depends on how well his feeding attempt goes.

    cj_iwakura.gif
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited January 20
    Gurstag is going to be heading back to his haven tonight to research this group, and top up his blood from his students/herd.
    Before meeting back up tomorrow

    discrider on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Eh, screw it. Live your unlife dangerously, right? And maybe that "Brandy" they want us to try is a free feeding...

    Louie is good to skip to the meet up with Gurstag this evening, without further delay

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Isn't the meetup the next day?
    It sounded like there was some downtime between the internet cafe and the meeting

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    I thought there was a few hours left tonight until sunup (just enough time for Gurstag to research the group we're meeting with/Louie to internet stalk his sire for awhile), and that the meeting tomorrow happened a couple hours after sundown?

Sign In or Register to comment.