As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[OOC] Vampire: The Masquerade - Pyramid Scheme [PBP]

123578

Posts

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 2d10 for Driving It Like I Stole It

    Driving It Like I Stole It:
    2d10 14 [2d10=8, 6]

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited February 9
    Gurstag is riding shotgun and would like to see if Louie's erratic driving is causing their tail to do the same.
    And then think about whether we shoot at them while driving or ambush them somewhere.

    discrider on
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    @discrider Wanna just jam on the brakes, roll down the window at a red light, and ask what this guy's deal is?

    Or do you wanna head to the meetup, hide behind the door with a blunt object, and ambush them/interrogate them after?

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited February 11
    I mean, it seems pretty obvious that our tail would know the jig is up, so we probably can't lead them into an obvious ambush.
    So we don't lose much by slamming on the brakes and talking aside the possible threat to our personage.

    And we have a couple of hours to sort this out before hooking back up with our contact.

    discrider on
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited February 11
    @Delzhand , is there a dead-end alley, or quiet part of town between here and the meet-up where we could lead the stalker(s), maybe trap them and their car without an easy outlet, so we could talk privately?

    mrpaku on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited February 11
    The problem with a dead-end is we're going in first

    If we want to ambush, better to drive them somewhere that looks like a possible meetup location, and then ambush them as they come in.

    discrider on
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Alright, I say we confront them now, in public. CJ, is there like a Denny's parking lot or something we can pull into, that looks like it's got a good number of eyeballs on it?

    discrider
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Witches 4 HQRegistered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Alright, I say we confront them now, in public. CJ, is there like a Denny's parking lot or something we can pull into, that looks like it's got a good number of eyeballs on it?

    This late at night, nothing is particularly crowded, though there are a few late night 24 hour drive throughs that have a handful of cars passing through.

    Nm6G5re.png
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Taco Bell parking lot it is! :D

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Thoughts on our mystery stalker:

    - OK, this person is definitely a Nosferatu right? The huddle of clothing, the garbled voice, their Unseen Prescene in the club....

    - If they are Nos and they've found out about what we're up to tonight, maybe the Regentia's server isn't as secure as she thought. Maybe there was a bug planted, or Schrecknet is somehow involved?

    - The Regentia stressed a few times how much our mission would piss off the traditional Tremere, Jonathan I think warned us that what we're doing in the Clan could get us perma-killed...of the three we've met so far, I'm kinda inclined to trust the third-party stranger who just tried to warn us off? (even if they were kind of harsh and threatening about it, but that's another point in my "probably a Nos" column)

    - I'm thinking...we approach it something like, "If you somehow know enough to know what awaits us at our destination, you probably know that if we turn around and go home empty handed we'll be equally fucked. You see we're stuck between a rock and a hard place and are just pawns in this. But if you really want to help us, tell us more about what we're getting into"

    What do you think, @discrider ?

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Sounds good.

    It's odd that a stalker would know more than us though.
    Seems you would stalk us to learn more.

    Maybe they're looking to clean up the human side?

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it's certainly strange...maybe we can get some more info out of this one before we proceed, find out what their motivation is

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    :<
    I have no idea what this guy is talking about.
    Aren't we just trying not to emulate their failure.
    How were we involved with Venice?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Witches 4 HQRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    :<
    I have no idea what this guy is talking about.
    Aren't we just trying not to emulate their failure.
    How were we involved with Venice?

    Not at all(that I know of...), but typecasting is all the rage.

    Nm6G5re.png
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    So should we play his vamp-racism right back at him? Be like "Wow, we didn't bigot-it-up and call you a sewer rat when you first stepped stepped out of the car, dude. You'd think a Nos would have some sympathy for being unfairly judged!"

    "...plus, I was on house arrest and Gurstag was xxx when all that was going down. We don't know shit."

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Saw your message before I posted, but I'm happy for Louie to say whatever.
    If it goes bad it goes bad, but yeah, whatever you think Louie would do.

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    OOC Thoughts:

    - OK, that's like the fifth time these guys have made racist jabs against the Tremere. I don't think they could like us if they wanted to...so why even try to save us, and not just follow us and learn more? Unless, their purpose is just to stop us?

    - Bone-Spurs mentioned that the deal we're conducting is between the Tremere and mortals, and that these mortals were problematic even among their own kind. I'm thinking, a cult of some kind? Only human faction I know offhand in VTM is the 2nd Inquisition, and they wouldn't make any sense unless the Tremere sending us tonight had made some absolutely dire agreements to turn against the entire rest of their own kind

    - Fifth or sixth time they've threatened that we'd probably be dead by tomorrow too, although half the time, it's by someone else's hand. Feeling that the Regentia just meant us as a couple of sacrificial lambs for something intensifies. Whatever task we've taken on tonight, it's pretty clear by the end of it, we'll be pariahs to 95% of everybody we don't side with

    - They seem to be teasing out a treasure trove of more info on who we're actually dealing with here, but the longer we spend dawdling trying to tease it out of them, the more suspicious Jonathan waiting at the Pawn Shop is gonna get (assuming we're still going, which... what's our alternative, really? Go back empty handed, have the Regentia kill us/get us killed anyway?)

    IC Thoughts:

    - Louie doesn't like being threatened. He's been patient and pleasant here. And now they're escalating

    - Louie could go on an absolute tirade: yell at these guys about his unfair options, about his last few shitty years, about being tired of being effed around by people in power, and bullied by his lessers (maybe even try a DOMINATE here...)

    - This whole thing is gonna be a ruse if course: a chance for Gurstag and him to position themselves to leap into the car at once, duck from the incoming bullet fire, start the car, then floor it at these guys!

    ... Gurstag, you're gonna need to talk me out of all this, or we are going the full Loony Louie tonight >:)

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    It sounds to me like they're not finished dropping exposition on us honestly.
    I'd say we wait for the quiet guy to stop talking before doing anything rash.

    Rash probably being Louie getting wild, and Gurstag taking the opportunity to get uncomfortably close with one or both of the assailants.

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Works for me! Let's take the (Remain Silent) option, for the moment

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Witches 4 HQRegistered User regular
    Is Louie trying to be intimidating, or is he just observing for the moment?

    Nm6G5re.png
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Is Louie trying to be intimidating, or is he just observing for the moment?

    Just observing

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Gurstag wants to try and determine if his phone is somehow magically tapped.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Witches 4 HQRegistered User regular
    He's going to have a hard time doing that without any outside resources.

    Nm6G5re.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited February 22
    ....

    He starts attempting to search for J like last night then, on his phone's browser.
    If the internet cuts out again like last night, he is just going to assume it is.

    Actually, I've scratched this.
    If it's too hard, may as well just ask our associates and just assume it is.
    Turning it off likely isn't going to help, but can't hurt.
    Just won't be contactable by students :(

    discrider on
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Louie's good to head from here to the meetup, as soon as the Nos answers Gurstag's question

    Part of me thinks we should discuss the severity of the mess we're in on the car ride over, but another, smarter part of me is now utterly paranoid that everything we do is being watches and listened to by at least three parties at this point

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Witches 4 HQRegistered User regular
    Does Louie have a response to their offer?

    Nm6G5re.png
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Oh! Didn't realize you were waiting on me, apologies

    Gimme a few minutes and I'll throw something minor down- Louie trusts these guys as much as the rest (which is to say, not a whole helluva lot), but for the moment he's gonna make an effort to look like he's eager to play ball with whoever's gonna give him the best (not dusted) offer

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    OK, after this exchange wraps, now Louie is good to jump back in the car and head to the meetup

    The second they pull around the corner and away from the Nos, he's gonna fish around the glovebox for a pen and pad for him and Gurstag to pass a couple silent notes back and forth on all this, as we drive the rest of the way to Gurstag's Pawn Shop and Jonathan

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    OOC: Not gonna lie, Louie and Julie fucking hating each other on sight, despite the fact that I trust the Nos more than anyone else right now, has been the highlight of the game for me so far!

    When are those two just gonna kiss, already <3

    cj iwakuradiscrider
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    (Sorry for the delay, it's been a bit of a week at work)

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Witches 4 HQRegistered User regular
    As an H/A topic may have hinted at, I'll be out of the country for the next week or so. I may be able to check in, but probably not post much if at all.

    Nm6G5re.png
    discridermrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Louie's good to head into the shop if Gurstag is ready! He's gonna be highly on edge after feeling like he's being toyed with by everyone, and looking for some definite answers from this guy

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Yeah, same.
    Just wanted to wait until our gracious host is back.

    mrpaku
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Witches 4 HQRegistered User regular
    Which I am, thank you. :) (Paris tried their best to keep me there, but that's a story for another time.)

    Nm6G5re.png
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    @cj iwakura What's the nature of the journal Jonathan is currently reading, and would I be able to pluck it out of his hands during RP?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Witches 4 HQRegistered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: »
    @cj iwakura What's the nature of the journal Jonathan is currently reading, and would I be able to pluck it out of his hands during RP?

    It's not immediately clear, and you could try, though that be considered a bit impolite.

    Nm6G5re.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Any chance Gurstag could identify the journal at a glance?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Witches 4 HQRegistered User regular
    Could roll a Perception+Occult.

    Nm6G5re.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited March 21
    Minion roll 5d10t7 for this is totally a library

    this is totally a library:
    5d10t7 3 [5d10t7=10, 10, 1, 10, 3]

    discrider on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Minion roll 3d10t7 for rerolls

    rerolls:
    3d10t7 1 [3d10t7=5, 10, 1]

Sign In or Register to comment.