As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Denver Gets That Tall Pocket Passer They've Been Missing

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Dude went all in on putting the "Q" on Quarterback it seems.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    A Packer fan buddy of mine referred to him a QAa-ron yesterday.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »

I used Discount Double Anti Vaxx.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I liked and respected Rodgers for a long time, especially since he was one of the few Cal quarterbacks to make it good in the NFL and he was amazing for the school when he was there. But this is all just immensely disappointing. Really thought he was better than all this.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular

Kaaron

What a fucking imbecile.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Heir wrote: »
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    Christ almighty I am so sick of Rodgers' shit.

Oh get ready for more when he beats covid and goes on to tell us its not a thing to be worried about

He hangs out with folks who I think are influencing him in ways that could lead to exactly this. Hell in a year from now I wouldn't be surprised to see him on Joe Rogan's show.

In a year? Nah he'll be there in a week, smoking a joint and talking about how he beat covid by drinking his girlfriends pee after she went to a rite aid.

I just want to say Heir and I were prescient with Rogan being mentioned today. Like fucking called it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Imagine ignoring the advice of almost every MD on earth and instead taking medicine suggested by a man who visibly sweats in front of a camera for 4 hours.

This unfathomably sweaty man didn't get vaccinated and then got COVID, so I will...also not get vaccinated so I can get COVID.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Butters wrote: »
    Imagine ignoring the advice of almost every MD on earth and instead getting taking medicine suggested by a man who visibly sweats in front of a camera for 4 hours.

This unfathomably sweaty man didn't get vaccinated and then got COVID, so I will...also not get vaccinated so I can get COVID.

They all believe natural immunity is more important than artificial despite several people having gotten covid multiple times from "natural" immunity.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Rodgers apparently also taking Ivermectin and following Joe Rohan’s advice.

I think you mean Joe Rogen.

Joe Rohan is a stand-in persona for one of the Rohirrim in Gondorian political circles, like "John Q. Public" or "Tom, Dick, and Harry."

• Options

LeVar Burton is an actor that should have every job Kaaron Rodgers has ever auditioned for.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Summary from reddit:

It's going horribly IMO. Rodgers now https://i.imgur.com/PiwcDdW.jpg

Here is some shit he said

He gathered over 500 pages of research lmao. He is going full karen

Ultimate decision came from medical team who he said determined the risk of an adverse reaction was worse than the risk of COVID and recovering

trying to become a Dad and said the vaccine can cause fertility issues...

On why he wasn't wearing a mask at pressers... "Mask wearing at a podium is "shaming" when everyone else is vaccinated"

"Testing non vaxxed people 1x a day and vaxxed people once every 2 weeks is "not based in science""

"No study done on the efficacy of mask when working out and potential detrimental effects of increased CO2 inhalation"

Close contact isolation for 5 days, "not based in science"

The media is shaming non vaxed people and is creating propaganda for getting vaxxed

Used the word Homeopathy and stated his Drs have been at it for over a decade

Collusion and coresion by the front office to get players vaxxed

Quoted MLK to drive a point about unjust rules for the unvaxxed

Referred to the league/team doctor as a 'stooge' when he came to talk about vaccination

Direct Quote "If the vaccine is so great, how come people are still getting and spreading and unfortunately dying from COVID... if it is so safe why do the manufacturer have full immunity?"

Rodgers Plugged Ivermectin

Ivermectin is the "cheap off brand of the new pill moderna is making, why do people hate it? Cause trump pioneered it and there is no money to be made" ooooooooooooooooof

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    I will never stop being annoyed they push a dewormer pill you have to pay for over a vaccine you dont. Like fucking hell stop annoying me with your stupidity

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I liked and respected Rodgers for a long time, especially since he was one of the few Cal quarterbacks to make it good in the NFL and he was amazing for the school when he was there. But this is all just immensely disappointing. Really thought he was better than all this.

This was also my reaction; like of all the nfl qbs who get way too much attention it seemed like he was the closest to being a decent human

By my god he’s just showing his entire as this week

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    If Rodgers is so good then why couldn't he get in the endzone in the 4th quarter of the NFC Championship game?

Butters on
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Wow. Fuck that guy.

• Options
    Always a good look for a rich white athlete to quote a Civil Rights icon about how he’s being treated unfairly

• Options
    I like how he tries to claim he doesn't care about either political party before spewing right wing nonesense. Its a common dodge of "independents" who for some reason always vote republican.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Direct Quote "If the vaccine is so great, how come people are still getting and spreading and unfortunately dying from COVID...

Yes, how come people are still getting covid despite the existence of the vaccine? asks man who did not take the vaccine and caught covid.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I'm probably being hyperbolic, but I say suspend him and void GBs wins to this point.

Not gonna hold my breath on either of those.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    I'm probably being hyperbolic, but I say suspend him and void GBs wins to this point.

Dude was bragging that the NFL and his team knew and didn't do anything. So.

• Options
    Someone ask him what fucking numbers say the vaccinated are dying at any % compared to the unvaxxed like his dipshit ass.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    They may do the first, no way in a million years the second happens

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    This is such a "No, dig up, stupid" thing that I can't even enjoy that it's happening to the Packers

There's just too much dumb and it's like every time I go "Ok, well that's as dumb as it's going to get" there's somehow another dumb thing

• Options
    edited November 2021
    TryCatcher wrote: »

The NFL and his team held him to the standards of all other unvaccinated players. At most he was getting way with not wearing a mask to press conferences but that's it.

He lied to public but he didn't lie to them.

Butters on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    sadly he lives in a place that will allow him to continue playing after he is done with protocols

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    TryCatcher wrote: »

The NFL and his team held him to the standards of all other unvaccinated players. At most he was getting way with not wearing a mask to press conferences but that's it.

He lied to public but he didn't lie to them.

I dunno I don't think he was getting tested like he should have been, and I highly doubt other teams knew typhoid rodgers was on the field unvaccinated.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Imagine ignoring the advice of almost every MD on earth and instead taking medicine suggested by a man who visibly sweats in front of a camera for 4 hours.

The other thing is, at least in the upper echelons, in the US, UK, AU, and almost universally among "free countries" (yeah, I see you Brazil fuck you), BOTH sides of politics agree on this shit.

In a world that is so partisan that conservatives and liberals object to each other in principle, vaccination is the one thing they truly agree on (even if some Republicans try to undercut it, and others are too afraid of the base to be vocal about it). If Trump, Biden, McConnell, Pelosi, Morrison, Albanese, Johnson and Starmer are all on the same page, as well as the vast majority of the medical community, objecting because of shit on the internet just makes you look moronic.

In other news, regarding foobaw, I saw this wonderful statistic.

"Fun fact ahead of next week’s Dolphins-Ravens matchup that is being pumped hard in this #TNF broadcast: In their last 3 matchups against the Ravens, Miami has been out scored 137-16."
    - Henry Hodgson is an executive for the NFL in charge of UK relations, and a noted Miami fan.

That's just fucking absurd. That's LITERALLY an average margin of 40+pts over three games.

There's only been one game so far this season with a margin that big (Bills over Texans, 40-0). Eagles Lions came close (44-6), but geezus Miami, get it together.

• Options
    I mean hasn't "geezus Miami, get it together" been accurate since around the mid 80s?

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I mean hasn't "geezus Miami, get it together" been accurate since around the mid 80s?

There was that one year they did ok running the wildcat right?

• Options
    I will never stop being annoyed they push a dewormer pill you have to pay for over a vaccine you dont. Like fucking hell stop annoying me with your stupidity

And even if it weren't subsidized, the vaccine is being sold for like $25 a dose. As far as the drug market goes it's on the borderline of cheap and dirt-cheap

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the Big Pharma complaints about vaccines have never made sense because large for-profit pharmaceutical companies hate vaccines. They aren't profitable (enough, at least).

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I could listen to sports media talk about how Rodgers is deceptive and selfish all day.

In fact, I have

its just *mwah*

This is like christmas for you isn't it?

This is like the main course after the appetizer that was this past summer.

If he actually gets sanctioned/fined/suspended, that will be the dessert.

"Honey I need new socks."

"You just got new socks!"

"They're all gone used up, need new ones!"

"GOD DAMN YOU AARON RODGERS STOP FUCKING UP!"

Someone check on ObiFett Today if he's ok.

He may have passed out on the "Rodgerfraude" today.

Fucking Aaron is bonkers.

i-love-it-so-much-i-love-it.gif

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Just to be clear, this is the greatest thing ever because all my thoughts that Rodgers was selfish and deceptive and an asshole have been proven true and then some.

• Options

I looked this up and you suck for reasons I'll get to in a moment

They unveiled the wildcat in 2008 (this is why you suck because I could have sworn it was like 6 or 7 years ago and now I feel old) and in doing so broke the Patriots 19 game regular season winning streak. That year they lost the game for the wildcard slot.

Their last playoff win was in 2000.

Their last playoff win that wasn't a wildcard game (that they then went on to lose the next game) was 1992. Where they then lost to the Bills in the conference championship.

Their last conference championship was 1984.

In their defense they did have winning records in 19 of those 36 seasons!

It's just 6 of those still weren't good enough for even a wildcard slot and of the remaining 13 only 3 were seasons where they didn't squeak in through the wildcard.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Pellaeon wrote: »
    Direct Quote "If the vaccine is so great, how come people are still getting and spreading and unfortunately dying from COVID...

Yes, how come people are still getting covid despite the existence of the vaccine? asks man who did not take the vaccine and caught covid.

Because, people simply don't know or refuse to believe or understand what vaccines are intended for.

How come people ate still getting the flu despite the existence of the vaccine?

People are dumb, panicky idiots.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    slight derail but the flu is slightly different in that there are dozens* (i don't know how many) of variants every year and the flu shot covers the top like 3-5 variants. So you can get the flu vaccine and still very easily get a flu variant. ask me how i know! anyhoo, how abouts them foosball? The real question is, does KC have a chance against GB.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    slight derail but the flu is slightly different in that there are dozens* (i don't know how many) of variants every year and the flu shot covers the top like 3-5 variants. So you can get the flu vaccine and still very easily get a flu variant. ask me how i know! anyhoo, how abouts them foosball? The real question is, does KC have a chance against GB.

The way that this year has been going for backups, Love is going to throw for 400 yards and 5 TDs. Meanwhile, as the year has been going for KC Mahomes will throw two interceptions during the first half and eat way too many ugly sacks.

Past performance is no guarantee of future results, but I'd put my money on the Packers.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    And I'd take a shot in the dark on this one, but I'm pretty sure Doc Holiday despite being a dentist would have been pretty pro vax.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

I looked this up and you suck for reasons I'll get to in a moment

Are you my boss? :razz: