As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Remote Play Together Sale (2/28 - 3/7) - Get some games! Play with friends!

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    Can confirm, Maize is great.

I used a guide for half the puzzles and still really enjoyed myself.

• Options
    BTW for anyone playing Maize, take the time to read all the sticky notes. The banter between two of the scientists was one of the highlights of the game for me.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    oh no it appears @Talus9952 has had their steam hijacked....By someone of class ammirite

yqNkWYn.png

thanks for Soul Calibur VI

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Big thanks to @Jazz for an Origin copy of Dragon Age Inquisition! I really enjoyed DA1, I hope to play DA2 soon, then this ><

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    1vrCNjN.png
    @MNC Dover cluster bomb has continued with Shantae:Risky's Revenge

Please try recording this line
    Your human comrades have greatly exaggerated the threat of sexual assault by waterfowl. Please holster your weapons.

Not sure what I just read....

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I am so ready for the freaking Steam Deck now. I got my money, now it just needs to be December.

How many people here managed to snag a December reservation?

Mine's Q1, and I hope that's January (or bumped to December), and not, like, the end of March.

Mine is allegedly December. I'm hopeful, but not going to live or die on the Deck hitting the date. It would be super nice to have it before Christmas though.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    *Inscryption spoilers*
    @Talus9952 is currently trying to kill me in Inscryption but thankfully Lil Screw Boi is helping fight him off.

25lk0OM.jpg

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I guess page 12 is as good as ever. I'll be doing my Extra-Life 2021 marathon on Saturday, November 27th. It's later than usual and it'll only be ~12 hours, but I imagine I'll start around 10am EST and go until I get tired which will probably be around midnight. My goal will be $2k as always, and I'll be raffling the usual steam prizes (One steam game of your choice, and a $100USD digital Steam Card) from the previous runs, but nothing physical this time around. All you need to do to enter the raffle is donate at least $5 by the following Sunday morning. I'll pull winners then and post them here :). Try to include your PA name in the donation message so I can message you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Koopah is the dono link! I'll have a Twitch extension up on my channel as well thanks to Extra-Life making streamer's lives easy.

Thanks friends! <3

Let's get this party started! Ok, so I'm not the first, but let's go!

gungcradpbxf.jpg

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Hm just realized I have to put a new game on my wishlist to keep it at a constant Nice number.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Oh @CorriganX, you came so close to shooting yourself. :D

All according to plan. Perfect dodging skills.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I am so ready for the freaking Steam Deck now. I got my money, now it just needs to be December.

How many people here managed to snag a December reservation?

Mine's Q1, and I hope that's January (or bumped to December), and not, like, the end of March.

I have a December reservation. You better believe I’ll be looking forlornly out the front window starting December 1st.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    1vrCNjN.png
    @MNC Dover cluster bomb has continued with Shantae:Risky's Revenge

Please try recording this line
    Your human comrades have greatly exaggerated the threat of sexual assault by waterfowl. Please holster your weapons.

Not sure what I just read....

Webbed feet are the mark of evil.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Adventures in videogame cooking:

(Encased)
    AOIO7Si.jpg
    "milky flavor"

*dry heaves*

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Anyone have thoughts/reviews on Inscryption and/or Unsighted? I put both on my wishlist because I heard good things, but was looking for more in-depth reviews from the PA folks.

For Inscryption, it's supposed to be a roguelike deckbuilder, right? Seems story driven as well. Is it in the Slay the Spire vein where you do different runs over and over, or is it more of a regular game with a definitive end?

As for Unsighted, well...what's its deal? As far as I can tell, it's top-down action where you have to make real-time decisions to save yourself and others. The story stuff usually doesn't do much for me, so I'm hoping the mechanics are engaging.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    The problem with Inscryption is basically that describing anything about it beyond what you see on the product page is a spoiler - it's one of those games. But it does have a definitive end.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I noticed an e-mail from Steam this evening and it wasn't an item on your wishlist is on sale. Open up the e-mail and see this.

Koopah_gift.jpg

Thank you @KoopahTroopah for the bait to the trap. I have always wanted to play this game, so now I have a reason to.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I noticed an e-mail from Steam this evening and it wasn't an item on your wishlist is on sale. Open up the e-mail and see this.

Koopah_gift.jpg

Thank you @KoopahTroopah for the bait to the trap. I have always wanted to play this game, so now I have a reason to.

I didn't even know it was on Steam. It's incredible, great starfighter battles too.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Anyone have thoughts/reviews on Inscryption and/or Unsighted? I put both on my wishlist because I heard good things, but was looking for more in-depth reviews from the PA folks.

For Inscryption, it's supposed to be a roguelike deckbuilder, right? Seems story driven as well. Is it in the Slay the Spire vein where you do different runs over and over, or is it more of a regular game with a definitive end?

As for Unsighted, well...what's its deal? As far as I can tell, it's top-down action where you have to make real-time decisions to save yourself and others. The story stuff usually doesn't do much for me, so I'm hoping the mechanics are engaging.

Inscryption, presentation is kind of amazing, but yeah, as Donnicton said, it's hard to talk about without spoiling stuff, which is in itself, kind of a spoiler. It's very much not like Slay the Spire or similar though. It's extraordinarily easy for one. It's far more focused on and about the narrative and story, and the gameplay is honestly pretty trivially easy, especially if you're used to things like Spire.

I despised the ending personally, and disagree with much of the treatise someone posted in response to my rant about it a few pages back, but also don't really care enough to argue. It's by the same dude who made Pony Island, if you're familiar with that, which should guide your expectations.

E:

Also, it's patch day for the month in Dead By Daylight, which means it's time for the monthly trash fire.

Not for the patch, mind you. Other than another random map being disabled because a random vault softlocks the game, and the hilariously kludgy solution to unsnuffable boon totems being to allow killers to snuff them at an extended range so they can do so through thin walls, the patch seems fine... for now. Even extended the Halloween event because it was terrible.

But also, they started posting teases for the next major survivor/killer update, and oops, they tried security through obscurity and their website was datamined and all their two weeks of daily teases came out at once.

But that's not it. No, this month, the trash fire is because someone leaked a dev build. If I had a dime for each time this happened, I'd only have two dimes, but it's crazy that it's happened twice. And apparently the dev build has the next survivor, the next killer, and a beta for the next next update's map, which is marked as a licensed chapter.
    Next survivor is some random Otzdarva-looking Miami Vice cop dude.

Next killer is some crow lady cultist in the files literally as Birdlady.

Next map (part of the update after this, the licensed one) is a graveyard, which people are taking to mean is part of The Conjuring.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Oof, new Humble Choice is fairly weak again. I think Gamepass and the like are killing Humble.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Humble Choice:

Due Process
    House Flipper
    Project Wingman
    Wingspan
    BPM: Bullets Per Minute
    Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion
    Simplerockets 2
    Timelie
    Wrath: Aeon of Ruin
    Mobius Front '83

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Humble Choice:

Due Process
    House Flipper
    Project Wingman
    Wingspan
    Simplerockets 2
    Timelie
    Mobius Front '83

Turnip Boy? Simple Rockets?

The only game I've heard of on this list is Wrath and that's not even a finished game yet.

• Options
    @Stabbity Style has evangelised Project Wingman repeatedly, and House Flipper has a lot of fans. Turnip Boy was well-received when it came out, if I remember rightly.

• Options
    Mobius front 86? Hex combat advanced wars?

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Timelie is really neat.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Humble Choice:

Due Process
    House Flipper
    Project Wingman
    Wingspan
    Simplerockets 2
    Timelie
    Mobius Front '83

Turnip Boy? Simple Rockets?

The only game I've heard of on this list is Wrath and that's not even a finished game yet.

Project Wingman is pretty good Pepsi to Ace Combat's Coke.

House Flipper is a fun little house rennovation/fixup game.

The only other game I'm interested in (that I don't already own) is Mobious due to it being a Zachtronics game.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Wingspan is the electronic adaptation of a board game about birds (.....I think)

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    What would be a more interesting marathon of gaming, all the resident evil on pc, or a final fantasy marathon, maybe 1-4 (since I dont have 5 and its not out yet) in a row? Which one would be more entertaining to force someone through? Asking for a friend of course.

or if anyone has any suggestions on another franchise or theme marathon to do be sure to let me know.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I think the Resident Evil games are shorter, so there'd be new stuff quicker? FF marathon sounds like a huge chore

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Singularity is on sale, and I think it's an Acti game so it never goes on sale.

There's also the fear that like with the other Activision published Raven Software title, Wolfenstein (2009), they'll just randomly pull it from digital stores and not tell anyone in advance.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    What would be a more interesting marathon of gaming, all the resident evil on pc, or a final fantasy marathon, maybe 1-4 (since I dont have 5 and its not out yet) in a row? Which one would be more entertaining to force someone through? Asking for a friend of course.

or if anyone has any suggestions on another franchise or theme marathon to do be sure to let me know.

The classic Tomb Raider games would be both interesting to watch and entertaining to force someone through.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I'll add a vote for Tomb Raider, but if that's out, then RE > FF.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Totting up all the recommendations, and taking a peek at some of the others, that actually seems to me like a pretty solid month for Humble Choice. Picked it all up.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Halo marathon could work, they're pretty short and are available in the MCC, which is on gamepass and is regularly $20 on Steam. You'd miss Halo 5 unless you have an Xbox, tho, but that's still 6 games.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Ace Combat marathon could also be fun. They're also pretty short. 6 is only available on 360, but the rest of them are emulatable (PS1/PS2) and 7 is on Steam (and Project Wingman is basically Ace Combat and is also on Steam). There's also Assault Horizon, but it's 100% skippable.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Ace Combat marathon could also be fun. They're also pretty short. 6 is only available on 360, but the rest of them are emulatable (PS1/PS2) and 7 is on Steam (and Project Wingman is basically Ace Combat and is also on Steam). There's also Assault Horizon, but it's 100% skippable.
    zw1jtg4bzdx1.png

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    The thing about FF games is that you’d need an absolute crap-ton of time to make sure you got a viable party with a good setup, and one game can be some thirty-forty-fifty hours+ if you don’t rush things. I could see something like FF1, but a lot of your newer Final Fantasies are something like 26 to 50 hours just to finish the main story, plus however much you want to do of the extra content.

According to How Long To Beat, FF1 is a max of 23 hours for a complete run, 17 if you just stick to the essentials. That might be doable in the timeframe, but anything else is more suited for a serial stream a few hours at a time.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Pretty sure I beat ff1 in like 6 hours one time, but that may have included some liberal usage of fast forward

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    56 hours in Final Fantasy X and counting! Granted if a certain rare drop would drop more it cut down a few hours at least, grumble.

So yeah, probably not the best idea to do a marathon of Final Fantasy's.