As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Remote Play Together Sale (2/28 - 3/7) - Get some games! Play with friends!

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    LD50 wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    CorriganX wrote: »
    What would be a more interesting marathon of gaming, all the resident evil on pc, or a final fantasy marathon, maybe 1-4 (since I dont have 5 and its not out yet) in a row? Which one would be more entertaining to force someone through? Asking for a friend of course.

or if anyone has any suggestions on another franchise or theme marathon to do be sure to let me know.

But would you be able to get someone to play RE in coop?

@CorriganX I wouldn't mind playing RE5 and RE6 in coop. I am indeed planning on playing every RE game at some point as well and I am happy to do those games on PC coop (I intend to play everything else on PS4/5). I just need to get through Dragon Age Inqusition and Guardians of the Galaxy first. I am very happy to play both games in coop, especially RE6 as coop makes that game bearable.

I don't think that co-op makes RE6 bearable.

It does make it a lot more fun, though my favorite parts of 6 were easily Mercenaries and Leon's campaign.

Sherry's had its moments, too.

Some parts of it were fun but some parts of it were pretty miserable. Chris' campaign had some real stinker levels that were basically qte hell.

I played 5 with a friend and we enjoyed the hell out of that game. We were excited to see that 6 had similar co-op but ended up being really disappointed and we never did finish the game.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    So I just finished a game called Unpacking (played it through xbox game pass) and I'd like to whole heartedly recommend it.

Unpacking

From the store page "Unpacking is a zen game about the familiar experience of pulling possessions out of boxes and fitting them into a new home." it's a sort of puzzle/ home decoration game. You follow someone over an 11 year period, as they grow and move from place to place. You get to see how her belongings change over time, and that's how you witness the game's story. No cutscenes or anything, everything about the game's narrative is inferred through where you've moved to, and what you bring along. It was such a joy to me just opening boxes and seeing what was inside and then sticking it on a shelf somewhere. You even get some "Why was this in THIS box" moments that you always do with actual moving.

It is a rather short experience I clocked in 2 and a half hours to finish it, though there's a bunch of achievements and such I missed, but it's a game that kind of ends right when it needs to. It's a nice, chill experience.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    If I end up going through Resident Evil ill let you know @Aegeri. Getting some of the suggestions was actually for the charity drive so I wouldn't be starting the playthroughs until next month though, even if we do decide on RE as the franchise.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    This popped up on my FB feed from this day in 2013:

In 2007 I joined the Penny Arcade forums because I was in the Omegathon. 6 years later, it's one of my favorite places to go because all of the great, non-trolling people that dwell there. Many of these folks have become great friends or people I can talk with if needed.

Today, I sent a complete forum stranger a code for Dillion's Rolling Western on the 3DS. Game is 200 coins on the Club Nintendo site and he was short. I had the coins and wasn't using them, so may as well give them to someone in need.

This place is still the best place on the internet for kind, like-minded, cool people. Here's to another 14 years!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Did you win the Omegathon?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    huh, 2 more levels of doom2

Great run

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Did you win the Omegathon?

In 2007, I came in second losing in the finals match of Halo 3 (I'd never played a Halo game before). Getting second meant I was automatically entered into 2008 where I got to the 4th round and lost in the team-based Rock Band round. The other team was on point, all syncing up their energy for maximum points and my teammates missed notes and were generally screwing around with the audience instead of focusing on winning.

That really stung and it took me a while to get over it. Of course what really hurt is finding out that Vs Excitebike was the final game which I would have dominated at. :rotate:

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

In 2007 I joined the Penny Arcade forums because I was in the Omegathon. 6 years later, it's one of my favorite places to go because all of the great, non-trolling people that dwell there. Many of these folks have become great friends or people I can talk with if needed.

Today, I sent a complete forum stranger a code for Dillion's Rolling Western on the 3DS. Game is 200 coins on the Club Nintendo site and he was short. I had the coins and wasn't using them, so may as well give them to someone in need.

This place is still the best place on the internet for kind, like-minded, cool people. Here's to another 14 years!

Non trolling people? Are you new here?

• Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »

I mean, light ribbing is fine, but full on assholes are non-existent in these parts.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

I mean, light ribbing is fine, but full on assholes are non-existent in these parts.

Or dealt with so quick you won't know they were here.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    this is the best place

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Yeah these forums are definitely a haven compared to the rest of the net.

I don’t think I know any other site that is as civil.

Dixon on
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular

c23b6a5f33675b62b923a03d4a1c92ee26b92e0c694cbc472fbea9d7fdeca39f.jpg

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

Ribbing. For our pleasure.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    Speaking of ribbing for our pleasure... @Pixelated Pixie thought I could use more boobz-n-dongers in my life, Thanks Pixie, Now I will have to install Conan yet again!
    4udlehkojqpb.jpg

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular

I agree. A light ribbing is fine. Full on asshole, not so much.

Wait. I don't think we're talking about the same thing here. I'm posting in the wrong thread again.

• Options
    I'm kind of really confused about Skyrim Anniversary Edition. Anyone able to fill me in or point me in the right direction?

What I've heard is that if we already own Skyrim on Steam, we'll get an automatic upgrade to the anniversary edition, but that only includes the core updates (like fishing, etc.). There's some creator's club or something that I never got into and that will be $40? Can someone help me out here?

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I'm kind of really confused about Skyrim Anniversary Edition. Anyone able to fill me in or point me in the right direction?

What I've heard is that if we already own Skyrim on Steam, we'll get an automatic upgrade to the anniversary edition, but that only includes the core updates (like fishing, etc.). There's some creator's club or something that I never got into and that will be $40? Can someone help me out here?

They've literally said both, that it's all a free upgrade and that only the core features are a free upgrade to the Special Edition. And they've said as much in a back and forth matter so it's not at all clear and both official news and fan chatter is claiming both with absolute authority.

The creator's club is basically just semi-official mods, the only significant ones on there (survival mode and zombie apocalypse mode) are done better in free mods anyway. It's not worth $40 by a long shot.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Fucking bastard chat app that is NOT the time to drop me! :mad:

Back as soon as it'll let me back on, guys.

Jazz on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

They've literally said both, that it's all a free upgrade and that only the core features are a free upgrade to the Special Edition. And they've said as much in a back and forth matter so it's not at all clear and both official news and fan chatter is claiming both with absolute authority.

The creator's club is basically just semi-official mods, the only significant ones on there (survival mode and zombie apocalypse mode) are done better in free mods anyway. It's not worth $40 by a long shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XQ63U9icDU

The best part about this video is that it is four years old.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

That's amazing

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Aaand it's dropped me again. Bastard app.

• Options

Thanks!

• Options
    edited November 2021

I love Skyrim, but that video is brilliant and this comment is also gold:

i1qb2omuc1mo.png

(To explain: If you click on "Todd Howard's" profile, there are no videos uploaded and YouTube's message is "this channel doesn't have any content.")

Drez on
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Toddposting is eternal

can't wait for Starfield

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Duck....uh.....uh.....plastic surgeon simulator VR!

Ignore this post

Vampire visusl novel of Tecumseh Sherman living as a vampire in 2021 georgia

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    x13x1ior9t9x.png

Some days it's fun to abuse power.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    So about Inscryption. Am I supposed to be losing? Like, is it sort of those scripted things where you are gonna lose regardless? I'm guessing not because it's happened a few times now.

My thought is that I just haven't figured out the system yet. Like, my hand is either always empty or has no units to sacrifice and I get overrun. Should I be skipping turns and/or not playing units?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Yes the game will try to force you to lose. Depending on your planning etc though, you can sometimes still win through those sections.

Which is hilarious.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Honestly, the only "forced loss" I can think of is
    BEAR FORCE ONE, but that generally only pops up during the "tutorial" run.

I'd say if you're having trouble make sure to... well, get up and stretch your legs. Take a look around the room, maybe you can find some stuff to help you out. There sure are a lot of locked things in that room, maybe they're locked away for a good reason?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Honestly, the only "forced loss" I can think of is
    BEAR FORCE ONE, but that generally only pops up during the "tutorial" run.

I'd say if you're having trouble make sure to... well, get up and stretch your legs. Take a look around the room, maybe you can find some stuff to help you out. There sure are a lot of locked things in that room, maybe they're locked away for a good reason?

I ran into it multiple times, and just rolled my eyes. I think you're 'meant' to lose to each mini-boss at least once to unlock a new mechanic for each one.

You unlock more stuff as you progress that makes things significantly easier, if not outright trivial, but yeah, especially early on, you can get pretty hard fucked if RNG doesn't cooperate. There is also a hidden mechanic in one of the commonly found cards that pretty much forces an auto-win.
    The Ouroborus, or whatever it's called, powers up PERMANENTLY every time it dies after being played. Hell, put undying on a Black Goat and you have an infinite sacrifice cycle with it and can create a 99/99 atrocity.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    How is the gameplay in the guardians of the galaxy game? Becuase the cutscenes are making it look like mass effect with more empathy and connections

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    How is the gameplay in the guardians of the galaxy game? Becuase the cutscenes are making it look like mass effect with more empathy and connections

It’s really good, like nothing crazy, but solid fun with a lot of charm in like the team up moves, and when you get all your powers and it kicks into gear with the great soundtrack it works well. It’s not like a particularly deep system but it works and feels fun

I’m close to the end and it’s probably one of my favourite games of the year. The mass effect comparison is apt, but probably something like Jedi fallen order describes the game structure more, although with more linear environments and progression. You don’t choose where to go, it’s linear chapter to chapter story progression. Tho there’s a fair amount of dialogue choices and such, nothing mass effect level, but enough to keep you engaged. The story is fantastic tho so the linearity works, and it’s a great sci fi planet hopper, with lots of wonderful worlds and characters to meet. I highly recommend it

Prohass on
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    @Karoz decided I needed more "wholesome" in my life, so now I have Haven which looks delightful

Thank you, it is appreciated.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    9e8zhjsiq844.png

pok4icm6qknq.png

@Karoz is bonkers. And drunk-gifting. :lol:

Thank you for both of these crazy generous gifts. With much love, and as much as I want GOTG at some point, I'm going to decline them both. Drunk-gifting is not responsible-gifting.

<3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    @Karoz feels that I need to take a Journey

Thanks you for that.

• Options
    Hey, @Dirty, what is your user name on steam?

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    just, y'know, asking.
    for no reason.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    It's 3am.

I should be packing for my move this week.

...Perfect time to start a new playthrough of heavily modded Starbound, yeah?

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Ianator wrote: »
    It's 3am.

I should be packing for my move this week.

...Perfect time to start a new playthrough of heavily modded Starbound, yeah?

Yes?