As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Remote Play Together Sale (2/28 - 3/7) - Get some games! Play with friends!

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Noms done. https://store.steampowered.com/steamawards/nominations/76561198000774776?k=9080389360847537133

GOTY: Cyberpunk 2077
    VR: Car Mechanic Simulator VR
    Labor of Love: American Truck Simulator
    Better with Friends: Halo Infinite
    Visual Style: Life is Strange: True Colors
    Innovative Gameplay: Road 96
    Game I suck at: Subverse
    Soundtrack: Guardians of the Galaxy
    Story-Rich: Mass Effect Legendary Edition (as the devs have requested it be nominated for this one in particular)
    Sit back and relax: Retroarch

I guessed a bit with VR, Visual, Innovative and Soundtrack (games I'd like to play, to be fair), and Subverse is just making a joke really...

I Googled Subverse. I might be on a list now?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Horizon: Zero Dawn or Death Stranding?

I may pick up some titles for the Switch as well.

HZD, hands down.

I ended up getting both.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Horizon: Zero Dawn or Death Stranding?

I may pick up some titles for the Switch as well.

HZD, hands down.

Speaking of HZD, are there any must-have skills or skills that are better than what they seem on the skill menu? I know many of them are playstyle dependant but there's always some hidden gems mixed in that are just plain better than the rest. Got to lvl 10 so far, despite all the praise it has gotten it's still been better than I expected. I often dislike perfectly good games for some reason or other but HZD is great.

Mirkel on
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    I think I'm ready to move on from Hades.

PPyinMQ.png

Thanks again to @Orivon for an amazing gift of a game!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Speaking of HZD, are there any must-have skills or skills that are better than what they seem on the skill menu? I know many of them are playstyle dependant but there's always some hidden gems mixed in that are just plain better than the rest. Got to lvl 10 so far, despite all the praise it has gotten it's still been better than I expected. I often dislike perfectly good games for some reason or other but HZD is great.

The one that does the slow down mid air. You can actually jump and aim to trigger it, and iirc it doesn't actually pull from the bar to manually trigger it

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

The one that does the slow down mid air. You can actually jump and aim to trigger it, and iirc it doesn't actually pull from the bar to manually trigger it

Huh, that one seemed especially useless to me. Going to have to give it a try then, it's only 1 point anyways.

• Options
    Balanced Aim is used potentially more than you might think (aiming while standing on a wire), Silent Drop and Low Profile are useful for sneaking (Low Profile doubles the base stealth value while crouched from 10% to 20%), Dodge Prowess is probably more useful than you might think, provided you can keep your head in battle (press vs tap for long or short dodge), Knock Down is more useful than I expected, generally allowing one good heavy hit to knock over scrappers and watchers for a finishing hit (provided you have Critical Hit as well), Herbalist (healing moar), Disarm Traps (mainly for taking back untriggered tripwires), Tinker (being able to reuse that mostly good coil next to the better coil instead of it going poof is useful) and Ammo Crafter (more ammo for the same amount of resources is hopefully a no brainer) are all useful skills that sound somewhat less impressive but I found very useful. Also, if this has Frozen Wilds in it as well, Shard Salvager and Expert Hoarder will help with your ever ballooning item problem by allowing you to toss most resources for at least a small return and giving you overall more slots to use.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The one where you can nock extra arrows is also a nice opener.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Double and triple shot should be go-tos when you can get them.

You're doubling and tripling your opening shot damage, and any subsequent shot where the enemy gives you time to nock them.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2021

i got this skill at level 40, which is maybe the single most boneheaded thing i've ever done in a game

the tightrope shooting one is as useless as it looks, imo. you can jump, shoot, land back on the rope without it, in the extremely infrequent event that you need to shoot but can only do so on a rope.

Elendil on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I am now trying Darksiders II.

I appreciate the hand holding crow, as the original's dungeons and puzzles made me feel dumb and frustrated.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    61xyq1d4969a.png

Jesus Jumping Jehoshaphat. @Jazz sending serious GOTY contender material here. This shit is on point.

Thanks! <3<3<3

Fake edit: and while I was typing this, he threw a key at me for And Yet it Moves. Stahp now! <3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    We live.

Thanks to everyone for donating so far! Thanks @cooljammer00 @Jazz and Science Piggy (unsure about PA name) for donating!

• Options
    Thanks to everyone for donating so far! Thanks cooljammer00 Jazz and Science Piggy (unsure about PA name) for donating!

@EvilMonkey

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Elendil wrote: »

i got this skill at level 40, which is maybe the single most boneheaded thing i've ever done in a game

the tightrope shooting one is as useless as it looks, imo. you can jump, shoot, land back on the rope without it, in the extremely infrequent event that you need to shoot but can only do so on a rope.

I tried that . . . and fell off the rope.

I also can't aim well in midair. I've never hit anything in the short time a jump is going, and jumping up and down, for me, is just moving my crosshairs too much but slower.

I'm much better of an aim if I've got triple knock and am hiding in the tall red grass, sitting still. With concentration going so my target is moving very very slowly.

I'm a bad shot is what I'm saying.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

I also can't aim well in midair. I've never hit anything in the short time a jump is going, and jumping up and down, for me, is just moving my crosshairs too much but slower.

I'm much better of an aim if I've got triple knock and am hiding in the tall red grass, sitting still. With concentration going so my target is moving very very slowly.

Same with the bad shot stuff. That's why I put my skills into additional arrows and melee because I am much better at dodging attacks and punishing in close quarters. Nothing like whalloping a Sawtooth in the head with a quarterstaff and watching it drop.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I never really mastered the jump-and-use-the-slowmo-aim in HZD

I did like the trap-focused combat generally though

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I am looking forward to the more robust melee

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Madican wrote: »

Same with the bad shot stuff. That's why I put my skills into additional arrows and melee because I am much better at dodging attacks and punishing in close quarters. Nothing like whalloping a Sawtooth in the head with a quarterstaff and watching it drop.
    el_vicio wrote: »

My main technique was sneaking around setting tripwires, and then shoot a thing and watch the other things come to investigate and get blown up or lit on fire or stunned.

I also liked to pit larger amounts of robots against each other via corruption arrows. Basically anything that avoided open confrontation.

Kalnaur on
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

el_vicio wrote: »

My main technique was sneaking around setting tripwires, and then shoot a thing and watch the other things come to investigate and get blown up or lit on fire or stunned.

I also liked to pit larger amounts of robots against each other via corruption arrows. Basically anything that avoided open confrontation.

I'm pretty sure that's the intention of the design, open confrontation is stacked against the player. Except v humans maybe

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-anime-bundle-3

Fanatical currently has probably one of the better bundles I've seen on their site. A number of anime games including some quality titles like Cosmic Star Heroine, Tokyo Xanadu Ex+, and Ara Fell. I personally also recommend Death Mark and its sort-of sequel NG if you like horror games, and Earth's Dawn turned out to be a surprisingly good indie budget game.

• Options
    We're still going at it. Feeling kinda ill but I'm trying to push through at least til 12 hours.

@Orivon came in and dropped $1k.... What a fucking mad man. Thank you!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Return home from vacation and I find that @Karoz has struck once again while I was away. Thank you for Blue Fire!

7WGGwlY.png?1

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I admittedly played on PS4, but it's available on Steam, too. I like Metroidvania games quite a bit so I picked up Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. And then, because I'm an idiot, I thought "I should play these in order" so I picked up Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon.

I have to imagine this thing is trying to be an NES game because it's that sort of pixel graphics, and holy shit this game isn't screwing around. I've got no air control, enemies hit hard, and they seem especially good at hitting me in the air (where I have no control) and dropping my dumb ass in a pit.

But you know what else I have? A really, really good time. Boss patterns are tough but fair, enemy designs are very cool (except for the screen vomit that I think is supposed to be bugs), and the different character abilities all feel varied and useful. You've got sword guy, whip lady, old magic guy, and totally not a vampire man.

I wound up appreciating it enough that I finished the base mode and then went back for more in Nightmare mode.

I'm more than ready for a Symphony of the Night-alike, if for no other reason, than because I want to find a spectacularly broken build and absolutely wreck baddies. I think I've earned it after beating Curse of the Moon twice.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    91h3q29fdnqt.png

@HiT BiT sent me a succubus. I cannot complain.

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Return home from vacation and I find that @Karoz has struck once again while I was away. Thank you for Blue Fire!

7WGGwlY.png?1

This game looks amazing, im disappointed I hadn't heard of it before now.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »

7WGGwlY.png?1

This game looks amazing, im disappointed I hadn't heard of it before now.

It's pretty fun, but the platforming gets hard fast, and you'll have timed sections with tricky jumps and the respawn point is aaaaaaaaall the way back there. And you finally get past it and now there's a double jump then dash around a 90 degree turn and you accidentally stick to the wall and do a walljump instead and you respawn all the way back at the start again and want to throw your controller and quit. Ahem, so I've heard, anyway.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    is there any steam friday night gaming thing going on? and sale.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    ery4savlhnb7.png

This amuses me.

I opened a shitload of booster packs that had been just kind of collecting for a while.

(I don't plan to acknowledge the cards, so the 99 stays there a while)

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    NOW I see the 99 envelopes. Sorry @Pixelated Pixie. Unintended consequences and all that. Collateral damage in a chat-related gift war. But this may have been a disproportionate response. A gift of unusual size, if you will... :wink:

rh7p0x9mk62d.jpg

Many thanks for the gorgeous looking Townscaper! :heartbeat:

Jazz on
  • Options
    job0tnxz2967.png

Yeah. @Jazz did this while I was in game. When I checked (in the overlay) to see what the 100th green envelope was about, it wiped out the other 99. I should not have done that. :lol:

Thanks for Omikron! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    That noise you hear is my orifices contracting when I realized I had mixed up the quick trash key (ctrl) and the quick swap key (shift) in terraria

That is a financial setback

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    job0tnxz2967.png

Yeah. @Jazz did this while I was in game. When I checked (in the overlay) to see what the 100th green envelope was about, it wiped out the other 99. I should not have done that. :lol:

Thanks for Omikron! <3<3<3

This is not a gift, this is an assassination attempt.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options

Gonna get off soon cause I'm sleepy. Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who tuned in and that donated! Current total is $1870.

• Options
    Hmmmm, halo infinate the only game I "played" this year.

"played" because it crashed before I could play a match

• Options
    Tomb of tyrants is fun

My coffee is cold, its 1 am, where the fuck happened?

• Options
    OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    Thanks to @HiT BiT for Golden Krone Hotel. I'm sure I'll enjoy my visit to this dimly lit hotel.
    uagmpf16fph1.png