As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Remote Play Together Sale (2/28 - 3/7) - Get some games! Play with friends!

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    That @Pixelated Pixie is such a rogue.

vq0fvkx54t4a.jpg

Thanks for, er, Rogue! The progenitor of them all. I haven't played this in literal decades I don't think, it'll be nice to go back to it in all its ASCII goodness. :heartbeat:

Edit: heh, of its 5MB install, over 4.9MB is DOSbox. The game itself is about 70KB. That takes me back! Also that would not have fit in my first computer's RAM... :lol:

Jazz on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Generous Pixie is generous:
    CZxXX2y.png

Thanks very much @Pixelated Pixie for Apocalich! This game has a cool almost fabric-y visual style. I'm going to give it a go right now! Much appreciated! <3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    @Pixelated Pixie has gone rouge and sent me Rogue. As much of a fan of roguelikes I am, I've never actually played the original.
    t39tdrp1tmtr.png

Before I could make this post @Questor sent me another game off my wishlist, Rolling in the Reef.
    88v0fhcaamrw.png
    Thanks to Questor for Rolling in the Reef and Pixie for Rogue (and @Jazz as well it seems).

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Just finished Nier: Automata after playing it solidly for around a week. Holy shit I loved it.

At first it just seemed like a game that wanted to do it all (third person action, 2d action, shooter...) but then everything just seems to come together nicely as you keep on playing. Then the music as cherry on top.

I'll probably want to play through it again and get all endings and achievements, but for now it seemed like a fitting end to just "accept to help another."

I guess it's just one of those games that sticks with you for a while, huh?

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I guess page 12 is as good as ever. I'll be doing my Extra-Life 2021 marathon on Saturday, November 27th. It's later than usual and it'll only be ~12 hours, but I imagine I'll start around 10am EST and go until I get tired which will probably be around midnight. My goal will be $2k as always, and I'll be raffling the usual steam prizes (One steam game of your choice, and a $100USD digital Steam Card) from the previous runs, but nothing physical this time around. All you need to do to enter the raffle is donate at least $5 by the following Monday morning. I'll pull winners then and post them here :). Try to include your PA name in the donation message so I can message you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Koopah is the dono link! I'll have a Twitch extension up on my channel as well thanks to Extra-Life making streamer's lives easy.

Thanks friends! <3

Alright all, last call to get your donations in to be part of the raffle. I'll tally up and pull the two winners tomorrow morning. As always, thanks again for being such a generous and caring community. I really appreciate everyone tuning in and saying hi, and those who were able to contribute to the donations. <3

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Also, @HiT BiT is a gem.
    2gaqbngfn6zz.png

Thanks for the Blue Fire key!

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Just wanted to say, I love the graphic for Rogue. It's the original Epyx art; back when "electronic games" were still new and fascinating things, they used that style for all the early dungeon crawls. Compare these covers for the Temple of Apshai series:

templeofapshai-cover-2.jpgGateway_to_Apshai_%28Epyx%29_%28Tape%29_Front_Cover.jpg

(just think, we could literally do an entire game in this style today)

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    The dunkage continues. This lasted less than two minutes on my wishlist. And apparently is a documentary now.

ynkyxgqghnej.jpg

Thanks to @Aumni for Days Gone! Which looks rather more awesome than I'd given it credit for. Gonna get my, er, Deacon St. John on? Cheers! :heartbeat:

Jazz on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    g0f64fg6cxa0.png

Chat discussion of Days Gone led to this landing in my library before I even had a chance to wishlist it!

Thanks @Iolo! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »
    Just finished Nier: Automata after playing it solidly for around a week. Holy shit I loved it.

At first it just seemed like a game that wanted to do it all (third person action, 2d action, shooter...) but then everything just seems to come together nicely as you keep on playing. Then the music as cherry on top.

I'll probably want to play through it again and get all endings and achievements, but for now it seemed like a fitting end to just "accept to help another."

I guess it's just one of those games that sticks with you for a while, huh?

Yeah, it's a really good game. Weight of the World is a great song for it to go out on too.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Days Gone sorta came and went on the PS4 but I remember hearing the zombie flood tech was cool.

IIRC there's a pc mod that makes the zombies even more....zombier. Basically increases the size of zombie hordes to be more intimidating and taxing on your system.

It's sort of like Enslaved on PC, where I'm just curious to see how it runs with the bells and whistles of a PC version (and a higher framerate than a ps3) but not enough to buy it/play it (or in enslaved's case, play it again)

Edit: just pulled up enslaved pc footage on YouTube. Looks smooth.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    I absolutely loved Days Gone on the PC. But it seems to be a divisive game.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    91h3q29fdnqt.png

@HiT BiT sent me a succubus. I cannot complain.

Thanks! <3<3<3

This just makes me think that Succubi work in factions. You have one appealing to every demographic imaginable.

"Oh, you got sacked with the anime crowd today?"
    "Don't start."

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Suds wrote: »

It’s main problem is that it loses people before it gets good, because it definitely does not out it’s best foot forward in the opening hours and is very fetch questy to start with.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »
    Pillars of Eternity II has taught me that I should never, ever be allowed to christen ships

xo6uu9r8v371.jpeg

That is a floating dad joke, and I love it.

Looking forward to hearing what you named your junk.

Well, I tried.

8bcifwe8yiuw.jpg
    I didn't keep the name and went with Glorious Porpoise instead.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Well, I finished another game last night. I finished Pillars of Eternity for the second time! This time, with the White March DLC, and I also killed something I couldn't before(The Master Below). Man, that dlc brought some painful encounters, even though it tells me that I'm over level for the campaign! Those monks and berserkers were brutal. Thanks again to @Orivon for the game!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Suds wrote: »

It’s main problem is that it loses people before it gets good, because it definitely does not out it’s best foot forward in the opening hours and is very fetch questy to start with.

Once
    boozer takes a turn for the worse, and you make that ride to Lost Lake and the music starts playing
    it really solidified my love for the game. I loved the world and story before then. Overall I don’t think those moments will win people over. You either love the gameplay loop it presents, or you don’t.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    Because some games are more fun when you don't follow the instructions:
    wh5dhcgyv2jf.png

Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Uninstalling Terraria for the week because I need to get stuff done.

Also pissed because I cannot get the necessary gear to drop via crates to maximize my pre hard mode footware. Side effect, really fucking rich from all the crates that did not have what I needed.

edit:I understand tomb of tyrants a little better now and the addiction is worse.

basically your match 4 mechanic is made by sliding rows/columns back and forth, and if its incomplete at the top, they slide over and fall down.

I dunno how minions really play into it but the thing I just realized from the in game codex is rituals. Basically you do your match 4 thing, but get your matches in a little pattern at the side of the tile board. It starts with just 2, but as you get deeper and deeper, then you are basically trying to set up the Omega symbol while blocks are still falling, you're praying you don't accidentally foil the prophecy and the heroes are coming in and you pray this tyrant gets to unlock a just a little bit more.

No fucking clue how I'm progressing but its good fun.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    ry1pak4io5kd.jpeg

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I guess page 12 is as good as ever. I'll be doing my Extra-Life 2021 marathon on Saturday, November 27th. It's later than usual and it'll only be ~12 hours, but I imagine I'll start around 10am EST and go until I get tired which will probably be around midnight. My goal will be $2k as always, and I'll be raffling the usual steam prizes (One steam game of your choice, and a $100USD digital Steam Card) from the previous runs, but nothing physical this time around. All you need to do to enter the raffle is donate at least $5 by the following Monday morning. I'll pull winners then and post them here :). Try to include your PA name in the donation message so I can message you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Koopah is the dono link! I'll have a Twitch extension up on my channel as well thanks to Extra-Life making streamer's lives easy.

Thanks friends! <3

Here we go. Thank you so so much to everyone who donated. Here's a list of all the PA Members:
    Betsuni
    Elvenshae
    Agent
    Zavian
    Darlan
    Berylline
    Dixon
    Siege
    Dover
    An_Alt
    Stolls
    Corsini
    Iolo
    Pixie
    Cooljammer00
    Jazz
    EvilMonkey
    Hit Bit
    Shatania
    ORIVON HAPPY FUN BALL
    Bloodatonement
    Talus
    FencingSax
    Maguano

Usually I just toss numbers into a Random Number Generator from google and spit something out. This time I let the Marbles decide. Sorry that the Extra-Life counter blocks first place, I didn't notice til after I recorded the runs.

Here's the Marbles run for any free game on Steam:
    Congratulations @Betsuni !!

And here's the Marbles run for the $100 in Steam monies:
    Congratulations @Jazz !!

I'll message the winners for their prizes. Thanks again to everyone who helped contribute just over $2000 to Extra-Life 2021! <3

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Thank you so much @KoopahTroopah ! :heartbeat:

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    @KoopahTroopah Is it particularly difficult to set up? Need to think of a time frame for the FMV stream... and what games to make people suffer through. :P

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Thank you very much @KoopahTroopah ! Although that Betsuni marble cheated.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Weird question, but why do the marbles not all start at the same line? I'm assuming it's to avoid early run chaos or clumping, but it certainly gives the forward placed marbles a huge advantage.

Anyway, congrats on the stream dude! 2K is awesome!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Weird question, but why do the marbles not all start at the same line? I'm assuming it's to avoid early run chaos or clumping, but it certainly gives the forward placed marbles a huge advantage.

Anyway, congrats on the stream dude! 2K is awesome!

I think it's additional variance. There is enough physics in the simulation where it should balance out, like the first winner was in the backline, but the second winner was closer to the front. I didn't see an option to set them all on the same line, game just sim'd it for me. :(
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    KoopahTroopah Is it particularly difficult to set up? Need to think of a time frame for the FMV stream... and what games to make people suffer through. :P

The stream or Marbles? Haha, the stream isn't hard to setup. Shoot me a message if you need help!

• Options
    KoopahTroopah Is it particularly difficult to set up? Need to think of a time frame for the FMV stream... and what games to make people suffer through. :P

The stream or Marbles? Haha, the stream isn't hard to setup. Shoot me a message if you need help!

I have no idea what this marbles thing is....

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

Ah, it's just a Marbles racing simulator on Steam and I wasn't sure what you were asking originally. :biggrin:

Yeah, setting up a stream isn't too bad. You can make an account on YT or Twitch, and then download OBS for free to connect to your account, and I could help you out with the settings or any scene/source questions if you'd like.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Just wanted to say, I love the graphic for Rogue. It's the original Epyx art; back when "electronic games" were still new and fascinating things, they used that style for all the early dungeon crawls. Compare these covers for the Temple of Apshai series:

templeofapshai-cover-2.jpgGateway_to_Apshai_%28Epyx%29_%28Tape%29_Front_Cover.jpg

(just think, we could literally do an entire game in this style today)

Epyx liked that style so much they used it for almost all their covers back then:

bmoire267c3o.jpg
    a2yxmdaonulj.jpg
    3wv6syfha5od.jpg

They even used it for a Barbie game!

mpxu1rral8z9.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular

Also pissed because I cannot get the necessary gear to drop via crates to maximize my pre hard mode footware. Side effect, really fucking rich from all the crates that did not have what I needed.

edit:I understand tomb of tyrants a little better now and the addiction is worse.

basically your match 4 mechanic is made by sliding rows/columns back and forth, and if its incomplete at the top, they slide over and fall down.

I dunno how minions really play into it but the thing I just realized from the in game codex is rituals. Basically you do your match 4 thing, but get your matches in a little pattern at the side of the tile board. It starts with just 2, but as you get deeper and deeper, then you are basically trying to set up the Omega symbol while blocks are still falling, you're praying you don't accidentally foil the prophecy and the heroes are coming in and you pray this tyrant gets to unlock a just a little bit more.

Lol, I just reinstalled terraria. Though I never even got past the eye of Cthulhu previous times I played it. This time I actually got down to hell, killed the eye, and I'm currently using a shark as a pickaxe and killed a wizard named Tim for his hat.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    It's even funnier if you consider that I cut part of the end of the original video. It took "Hit Bit marble" even longer to reach the goal while the rest had already finished the race. :D

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm happy to see that Orivon's marble was named appropriately

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Sadly I think I threw away all of those old Epyx boxes long ago since I know we had Pitstop II for the Apple or IBM.

I want to thank @KoopahTroopah for the game! The thanks goes to his sacrifice for us to give money to charity and hopefully cheer up some kiddos. We get the easy part of just throwing money at you while you slave away for hours on end thinking of the smiles you will bring to their faces. Sorry when I don't have a Twitch account to chat with you, but I did manage to pop in from time to time to watch you play DotA.

Koopah_gift_02.jpg

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I'm happy to see that Orivon's marble was named appropriately

The fact that it's capitalized just makes me think that it's screaming HAPPY FUN BALL the entire time.

• Options
    I can't see the vids b/c I'm at work but did I get a pink marble or do I need to complain to management?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    As one of the marbles in the back, I call shenanigans! I demand a recount!

Also, sale is over. I survived another sale without buying anything and only being gifted by small bullets instead of giant catapults

Now to await the winter sale

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options

Ah, it's just a Marbles racing simulator on Steam and I wasn't sure what you were asking originally. :biggrin:

Yeah, setting up a stream isn't too bad. You can make an account on YT or Twitch, and then download OBS for free to connect to your account, and I could help you out with the settings or any scene/source questions if you'd like.

That's not a problem, I have a youtube one already. Maybe late Decemberish?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    The sale isn't over yet... #GiftCJ

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »

Lol, I just reinstalled terraria. Though I never even got past the eye of Cthulhu previous times I played it. This time I actually got down to hell, killed the eye, and I'm currently using a shark as a pickaxe and killed a wizard named Tim for his hat.

save every shoe you find

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Master Obi Ball @Betsuni took pity on my deplorable marble racing skills and sent me something to cheer me up:
    ds1scjbjbohe.png
    Thank you very much! <3<3<3

HiT BiT on