Options

[Steam] Remote Play Together Sale (2/28 - 3/7) - Get some games! Play with friends!

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I should've chosen my words more carefully.

lu20zbazzcms.jpg

Thank you so much to @Betsuni for hitting me up with Battle Command! Bit of a classic, this one. :heartbeat:

Edit: and totp'd AGAIN, good grief.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    So I'm home and I got a chance to watch the marble racing. Two things:

1. I did not get a pink marble. A very strongly worded letter of protest will be written forthwith.

2. That Betsuni marble totally cheated. I don't know if anyone saw it or not. But there was definitely at least one banana peel and a red shell involved. You might have to really zoom in on the pixels to see it. Shenanigans!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    The sale isn't over yet... #GiftCJ

Apparently not

Just got hit, wasn't sure why

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    For the record, (I stated this ion chat but I feel it is important to have it here for posterity) - FUCK EA

Got an email from fanatical about their flash deals, thought I would look how much Mass Effect LE was:

"Cannot be activated in Australia"

I know I could probably use a VPN but seriously....

Geoblocking in 2021 is just absolutely ridiculous.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Questor wrote: »
    For the record, (I stated this ion chat but I feel it is important to have it here for posterity) - FUCK EA

Got an email from fanatical about their flash deals, thought I would look how much Mass Effect LE was:

Humble Bundle has it for 42% off in Australian region.

This might be more down to Fanatical not having any Australian region keys than EA not giving out Australian region keys for a sale. The Legendary Edition doesn't even come up in Fantatical when I search for it.

I mean yeah, fuck EA still. But I think this is a Fantatical problem, not an EA problem.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Jeez, with all these gifts you woulda thunk @Betsuni won the money...
    jm3gmeazvi3e.png
    Thanks man!

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    -Loki- wrote: »

This might be more down to Fanatical not having any Australian region keys than EA not giving out Australian region keys for a sale. The Legendary Edition doesn't even come up in Fantatical when I search for it.

I mean yeah, fuck EA still. But I think this is a Fantatical problem, not an EA problem.

Fanatical is very much a UK site, although folks in the Americas seem to be able to use it without much trouble.

Also, if my calculations are correct, that Humble Bundle Australia price is cheaper than the Fanatical UK price. Like £26 it works out at on Humble! That's a steal!

(Just bear in mind all third-party sellers will provide EA games* via Origin. If you want it on Steam you have to buy it on Steam.)

(* - certainly most of them, and definitely this one.)

Jazz on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Attention @KoopahTroopah, you have a message on behalf of @Pixelated Pixie

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Ded.

I'm ded.

That was epic.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Attention KoopahTroopah, you have a message on behalf of Pixelated Pixie

This is precious. :tell_me_more:

9dukw92gocn6.png

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular

Fanatical is very much a UK site, although folks in the Americas seem to be able to use it without much trouble.

Also, if my calculations are correct, that Humble Bundle Australia price is cheaper than the Fanatical UK price. Like £26 it works out at on Humble! That's a steal!

(Just bear in mind all third-party sellers will provide EA games* via Origin. If you want it on Steam you have to buy it on Steam.)

Yeah I never have a problem with them usually, - I really just wanted to rant about geoblocking because IT'S A FUCKING DIGITAL PRODUCT! :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Yeah I never have a problem with them usually, - I really just wanted to rant about geoblocking because IT'S A FUCKING DIGITAL PRODUCT! :)

Well, yeah, you're not wrong! :)

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Region locking is dumb and we should have moved past it a long time ago.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2021

Anything that has a native launcher will be sold for that launcher on Humble and Fantatical. Bethesda games get you Bethesda keys, EA games get you Origin keys, Ubisoft games get you uPlay keys.

It sucks, and would be great if they gave you a choice of platform, but publishers gonna be publishers.

Also why I largely stopped using those sites. If it's not Steam or GoG, I'm not very interested. Which is a shame because they have some amazing deals but I'm just at my whits end with having so many fucking launchers installed. Right now I'm at 6 and that's because AAA Steam games from the above publishers now launch their fucking launcher, and I still don't have every publishers launcher.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    XCOM2 COLLECTION is currently 90% off on Steam.

Go forthwith!

• Options
    edited November 2021

Anything that has a native launcher will be sold for that launcher on Humble and Fantatical. Bethesda games get you Bethesda keys, EA games get you Origin keys, Ubisoft games get you uPlay keys.

It sucks, and would be great if they gave you a choice of platform, but publishers gonna be publishers.

Also why I largely stopped using those sites. If it's not Steam or GoG, I'm not very interested. Which is a shame because they have some amazing deals but I'm just at my whits end with having so many fucking launchers installed. Right now I'm at and that's because AAA Steam games from the above publishers now launch their fucking launcher, and I still don't have every publishers launcher.

I'm glad that ME:LE on Steam does what ME3 on Origin used to do - and stopped doing for a while so I'm not sure if this holds true for that again or other stuff - but when I go to launch ME:LE from Steam, Origin starts up, then the game launches, so far so normal; and when I quit out of the game, Origin shuts itself down too, which is super nice. Basically it's just a mildly annoying extra loading screen in this particular case. I mean, it sucks that it needs Origin at all in this era of EA being back on Steam with games that don't need it - Star Wars Squadrons leaps to mind - but if it's gonna be that unobtrusive, I can deal.

I hate it when you're railroaded entirely into another launcher though, which is one reason Epic rubbed me the wrong way for so long and still does to a degree.

Jazz on
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    Attention KoopahTroopah, you have a message on behalf of "Pixelated Pixie"

That's funny as hell.

Also damn dude! That's some serious talent on display there. Color me impressed.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    Attention KoopahTroopah, you have a message on behalf of "Pixelated Pixie"

That's funny as hell.

Also damn dude! That's some serious talent on display there. Color me impressed.

Well, not to toot my own horn, but I have been doing VO work full time for 3 years now. :)

Oh, OH! Speaking of which, I can finally share some VO news! I can finally let the cat out of the bag: I worked on a Macy's animated video as the voice of Dasher the reindeer. You can check it out here:

https://macyssantalandathome.com/home

The site requires a log-in and it's only a few lines (in the Reindeer Clubhouse), but it's pretty cool to work for a company who's name people will recognize.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    I don't know when, but @Questor stealth attacked my wishlist and I found a window buried under my other windows this morning with some golf action! Thanks you classy fool!

p93m5gtmhefm.png

• Options
    Holy shit, a spomenik in the background. That has me interested in that game!

• Options
    What an odd length of sale

steam_sig.png

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Picked up Crypt of the Necrodancer and We Happy Few

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I dont see it as being that odd. The start and end days are off of steam's usual but it's exactly one week. That sounds like a pretty normal length of a sale to me.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    Coming soon to a theater neat you, Chris Pratt as Master Chief, Melissa McCarthy as Cortana, Halo: To Infinity and Beyond!
    dci7fz1pv24y.jpg
    Holy Shit, Thank you @Vamen for Halo!

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Totally-not-black-friday-and-cyber-monday sale.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Attention KoopahTroopah, you have a message on behalf of Pixelated Pixie

This is precious. :tell_me_more:

9dukw92gocn6.png

@KoopahTroopah, please do not contact my client directly.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »
    I dont see it as being that odd. The start and end days are off of steam's usual but it's exactly one week. That sounds like a pretty normal length of a sale to me.

The Halloween sale didn't last this long, and I feel like Wednesday after Thanksgiving is plenty long for a sale to end.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited November 2021
    The Halloween sale is never more than just a long weekend's worth.

I feel like Thanksgiving sale is usually a week or so, then the Winter Gale proper is about two weeks?

Jazz on
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

I feel like Thanksgiving sale is usually a week or so, then the Winter Gale proper is about two weeks?

It's close to 3 weeks, starting before xmas and ending around the 5th or so of January.

I kind of like that one time they made 8 packs and 12 packs and so on for a bunch of games. They haven't brought back that one.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Drovek wrote: »

It's close to 3 weeks, starting before xmas and ending around the 5th or so of January.

I kind of like that one time they made 8 packs and 12 packs and so on for a bunch of games. They haven't brought back that one.

Gods, that was legendary.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Speaking of sales, I got Dead in Bermuda free from Fanatical for buying a game from them. If anyone wants it, have at it.

Wait, codes doesn't work anymore?

-Loki- on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Speaking of sales, I got Dead in Bermuda free from Fanatical for buying a game from them. If anyone wants it, have at it.

Wait, codes doesn't work anymore?

codes has unfortunately been broken since as far back as late July.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Okay, so we're finally on the 12th page, where we're not afraid of any gift-related threats from unscrupulous individuals. So I should go into more details about my plans for the charity drive.

We will be having another charity drive this December, starting on the 15th (Which is 1 week before the steam sale starts) and stopping on the 5th of January, the final day of the steam winter sale. For those of you who werent around for our previous sale drives i'll go over the plan real quick. We celebrate our sales and saving money by giving what we can spare to help others who are not as fortunate. We donate to Child's Play charity during the steam sale to help children who are in hospitals or otherwise sick experience something that can distract them from their own bad times. How do you contribute? You simply donate at https://childsplaycharity.org/ and then send me a screenshot of the receipt. You do NOT send any money to myself or any other forumer, you simply provide PROOF that you donated and we'll add you to the charity drive list. Once we reach certain goal amounts we'll have rewards, usually other forumers doing streams or other actions to entertain people.

For instance, if we reach $500 in donations i'll host another Backlog challenge this January, helping people find an excuse to clear out some of the games they've just purchased. :p If you would like to help out in the planning, or suggest goals feel free to message me on the boards.

Reminder: THIS DRIVE IS NOT ACTIVE YET, if you donate now its super nice but will not count. We're still planning everything to make this as good as we can. Also theres not 100% guarantee the drive will happen yet, should something unforeseen happen and pop up.

If you have ANY questions or concerns please message me. I promise I'll respond ASAP. <3

Quoting this because its almost December and will be coming up in just a few short weeks. Time to explain more of what i'll be doing as a donation incentive. I'll be streaming and playing through a franchise of the thread's choice. As we raise money for the charity we'll be adding more games to the list. For instance if we reach $50 i'll play the first game in X Franchise. If we reach $150, i'll add the 2nd game, etc. Depending on the size of the franchise this could get me into a lot of trouble, especially as the FFXIV Expansion i'm super looking forward to is releasing in the same month as this drive. The more generous the thread is, the more i'll be punished by having to play more and more games.

In preparation of this we'll need to first pick a franchise of course, so thats where we are right now. Vote here for the franchise you'd like me to play through. There are certain ones that are much more difficult, some that are much longer franchise wise for more options, and some that are just horrendously bad games (Looking at you RE6) to choose from.

Lastly if you are interested in being a part of the behind the scenes record keeping, or want to offer yourself up as donation goals, be sure to hit me up and we'll add you to the list.

edit - I should say that these will not all be in one sitting, but they will be one after another. I will be taking breaks so no need to worry about my sleep or health or anything like that. :)

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    @Jazz hit me right in the wishlist!
    7mt7c7y5wbf9.jpg

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I did it. I freakin beat Sekiro. From never finishing a Souls game to finishing Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 3, and Sekiro since last Tuesday. Woot woot.

And now, I rest. My watch has ended.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    So I am going to be buying all the Resident Evil games on PS4 soon, except potentially 6. I am keen to do a holiday RE Marathon myself, but if whoever it was that wanted to do 6 coop wants my help, you should let me know soon before I get the PS4 version.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    6 is honestly super fun. Like it was unquestionably a shark jumping mess at launch, and it definitely deserved the response that it got, but I have a soft spot for it because I played it so long after launch for quite cheap and it was just a goofy over the top action fest that I was really in the mood for at the time. However I’m glad they shifted gears after it.

Also I wish I could’ve beaten dark souls 3. I beat 1 and 2 but I got to like a castle area in 3 with knights and such later in the game (doesn’t exactly narrow it down), and i just could not get through it and lost interest

Prohass on
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    there I was, innocently watching some Deep Space Nine, when suddenly....
    I WAS GIFTED BY A WILD TOSHY!
    eTjdbhM.jpg
    I cant remember what I did 1 day ago let alone 1,000+! Much thanks @Antoshka for Tales of Arise! <3<3<3

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Last words on Microcosmum: survival of cells; It's a short game with very little replayability and a lot of wasted potential. The whole time I was playing I kept thinking "wouldn't it be cool if....". For a game with such simplistic graphics, the special abilities caused a huge performance hit every time they went off. Also the difficulty went from fairly easy on Normal difficulty to f*ck you all of the sudden. I dialed the difficulty down because no, f*ck YOU game. Steamrolled the rest and wrapped it up. No desire to play any further. No point. Hopefully the next one is better.

On the other hand I'm very much enjoying Mini Motorways. Deceptively simple, frustrating at times due to the RNG factor but fun. Sort of a watered down SimCity.....sort of. Residential houses pop up. Factories pop up. You draw roads to connect similarly colored houses to factories. The difficulty comes from having no control over where they're placed. Doesn't require a huge time investment but I'm definitely getting a one more turn vibe when I play.

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    nbcx5kjxbi5x.png