Options

[Steam] Remote Play Together Sale (2/28 - 3/7) - Get some games! Play with friends!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    At this time, DG&H_B Law Offices have come to a settlement with @Pixelated Pixie. Terms will be kept private and the matter is considered closed.

Legal information, please do not open.
    017axnc816hp.png

Thank you, and good day sir or madam.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    *wonders who JJJ is*

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    *wonders who JJJ is*

J Jonah Jameson

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    *wonders who JJJ is*

J. Jonah Jameson, from Spider-Man.

They were referencing this:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Cave Johnson looks a little different there.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    @KoopahTroopah, my client has agreed upon the settlement and both parties are free to move past this horrible marble incident.

@Pixelated Pixie, I have received my payment...

tb6m8yqpn0yx.png

So everything is complete on our end. A pleasure doing business with you.

oooh let me know how that game is. i thought it looked interesting

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    That Unsighted game looks very interesting...

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I think this artist has been watching @Pixelated Pixie playing their games
    j32omhgvv4tp.png

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Days Gone really doesn't start well. My big peeve in Sony's third person shooters is enemies with +1 cotton shirts of immortality.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Why am I playing Shenzhen I/O again? All it does is make me feel dumb.

I love it, but seriously, so dumb.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Absolute Drift: Zen Edition is worth five bucks to me all on its own, which turned Fanatical's new build-your-own bundle into a collection of free stuff, like Tacoma and the Anomaly games, that I might not have checked out otherwise.

Not bad. I might keep checking back for more of these. Though I'll continue heeding the advice I was given to avoid their random mystery keys. After my experience with Humble Choice, anything that goes in my Steam library is hand-picked, from this point on.

ArmsForPeace84 on
    Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    6sz117a4pb5z.png

A bunch of people have apparently been complaining about the new steam award nomination badge. It looked out of place compared to the previous badges and was messing up their showcases. So Valve actually added a 0 XP badge in the style of the old badges. Sorta amusing.

rwowfoce95ui.jpg

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Yeah, the new art is...fine, but seems like an odd choice.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    6sz117a4pb5z.png

A bunch of people have apparently been complaining about the new steam award nomination badge. It looked out of place compared to the previous badges and was messing up their showcases. So Valve actually added a 0 XP badge in the style of the old badges. Sorta amusing.

rwowfoce95ui.jpg

Gamers are the biggest fucking babies.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Idk that art is ugly as hell

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    I love the whole "Fine! Have it your way, but it's the last time!" of the whole message.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Idk that art is ugly as hell

And I love it. That is a reminder I should go change my highlighted badge to it.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    If there is one hobby I know attracts people with OCD, it's gaming.

From direct personal experience.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Okay folks, we have 35 votes on the poll for the franchise we'll be playing for the charity drive. If you haven't voted be sure to get your votes in, i'm going to give it another day or so before we close it so I can get stuff set up for it.

https://strawpoll.com/43yca5ogh

Thank you very much to everyone who contributes to deciding. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    It's like that change to Sonic in the movie

Gamers are babies

Also the art was ugly

Both can be true

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    CalescentCalescent Registered User regular
    Crime Cities is currently free to keep on GOG, but I didn't see any notes about how long the giveaway lasts.

k0hts22oqz98.jpg

Steam: Calidaria
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Okay folks, we have 35 votes on the poll for the franchise we'll be playing for the charity drive. If you haven't voted be sure to get your votes in, i'm going to give it another day or so before we close it so I can get stuff set up for it.

Ok but where's the bad rats franchise?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Is gog doing okay? Giant Bomb's latest podcast said gog was scaling back service because money was drying up.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I'm not going to get the badge this year, 'cause I didn't play (and barely have any interest in) any games that came out this year.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    CorriganX wrote: »

Ok but where's the bad rats franchise?

Saving that for your glorious return, imaging the original hero returns to where it all started, can't wait to see if you can spell out UNCLESAM This time.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Is gog doing okay? Giant Bomb's latest podcast said gog was scaling back service because money was drying up.

Yeah, it seems they're going to "refocus" GOG (whatever that means).

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Drovek wrote: »

Sounds like time for another going out of business forever sale...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

I mean it make sense that the GOG is slacking in sales. They were a niche storefront, that decided to try and go big, but with so many other digital storefronts coming in over the last few years it's easy to see them slipping to the wayside. I can't remember the last game I bought from them.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    @KoopahTroopah, my client has agreed upon the settlement and both parties are free to move past this horrible marble incident.

tb6m8yqpn0yx.png

It’s up on Game Pass if that’s of any help, I’ve been really enjoying it for the first hour and change so far. The good robots versus evil humans story is pretty fun, and the combat is surprisingly satisfying.

Darlan on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular

They probably have the existing licenses packed pretty tightly.

Right now GOG is trying to be 3 things at once:
    1. A unique place for working old games
    2. A place for DRM free games as a competitor to Steam/Epic/Origin/Uplay/XboxPC
    3. A meta hub to unify as much of #2 as possible

#1 is the most unique but also has diminishing returns, as every next game is going to be a bit harder to get rights for, or less popular than what you already got. It's a niche but perhaps not profitable.

#2 is a crowded market and though DRM free is nice, it is also cut off fromany modern titles, since a lot of GaaS elements are online only. (They went through a big Hitman2016 storm last few months where they claimed it was DRM free and finally stopped selling it when they admitted that Hitmans offline mode is not the full game)

#3 Is the kind of thing that only works if it works flawlessly. Discord used to focus on the same, and has mostly given up.
    There would be a nice feature there if it allowed low treshhold invites between the platforms for multi-player games.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Darlan wrote: »
    Enigmedic wrote: »

tb6m8yqpn0yx.png

It’s up on Game Pass if that’s of any help, I’ve been really enjoying it for the first hour and change so far. The good robots versus evil humans story is pretty fun, and the combat is surprisingly satisfying.

I wish I had the money for gamepass, they've been putting a lot of good things on there lately.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    World of Horror got a big update:
    Major features for this patch include:

-This content update focuses on the unfortunate people of SHIOKAWA and the city's dark secrets.
    -The newly reworked CITY PLANNING feature will allow players to customize their game and select new additional actions.
    -Two new characters: a truly cursed WITCH and the EX-CULTIST on the run join the character roster, bringing it to eleven playable heroes, each with unique perks and abilities.
    -This upgrade introduces character-exclusive events exploring their backstories and their role in the story. This is the biggest batch of new events since the initial release.
    -Additionally, two new mysteries will have the unsuspecting characters take care of a weird friend with a dark secret and explore the seemingly abandoned mansion full of grotesque paintings.
    -A new game mode CHALLENGES will test the skills of experienced players, placing them in the pre-selected playthroughs, each having unique gameplay mechanics, forcing them to change their strategies.

Apparently the dev(one person) had some big personal life events that halted development, but picked it back up recently.

• Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    I love what GOG stands for, and I've bought a lot of games from them. Including stuff I already have on other platforms. But then, I'm basically their original target demographic. I love old PC games, hate DRM, don't particularly care about the social features of a games launcher, and don't use streaming services.

As for trying to appeal to a whole new generation, who obligingly shell out each month for their on-demand libraries of dull games, intolerable music, unwatchable movies, and insipid TV shows...
    8noqfdrjxpc5.gif

ArmsForPeace84 on
    Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    Fallen Order is simultaneously really good and really infuriating.

I think I've invented several new naughty words so far.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular

It's a great game let down by being slightly off and janky.

However, no matter what, the last hour of the game will make everything worth it.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

"Sith Spit" "Nerf Herder" "Bantha Poodoo"

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I love what GOG stands for, and I've bought a lot of games from them. Including stuff I already have on other platforms. But then, I'm basically their original target demographic. I love old PC games, hate DRM, don't particularly care about the social features of a games launcher, and don't use streaming services.

As for trying to appeal to a whole new generation, who obligingly shell out each month for their on-demand libraries of dull games, intolerable music, unwatchable movies, and insipid TV shows...
    8noqfdrjxpc5.gif

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    "Less than 2 weeks". Could be a wee bit more specific.