As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Remote Play Together Sale (2/28 - 3/7) - Get some games! Play with friends!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    uwybn0ldgxkt.png

LOL! Fucking good on Rockstar. GTA has been around longer than the Confederacy anyway, so I'm all onboard for these types of changes.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    uwybn0ldgxkt.png

LOL! Fucking good on Rockstar. GTA has been around longer than the Confederacy anyway, so I'm all onboard for these types of changes.

The best part of these sorts of things is always seeing the usual suspects who'd call other people "snowflakes" at the drop of a hat, being a bunch of whiny crying snowflakes about it.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    In this case, I might actually be okay with a character who is (IMO) coded as a shithead ("stolen valor" and all) continue to wear the shithead flag.
    The problem, still IMO, is all the people out there who probably don't see him, or it, that way.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    @spoit is one stubborn PAer! He was determined to gift me and sent me a voucher for and Amazon! Thanks mate!

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    uwybn0ldgxkt.png

The best part of these sorts of things is always seeing the usual suspects who'd call other people "snowflakes" at the drop of a hat, being a bunch of whiny crying snowflakes about it.

You can just say NEOGAF. I don't think you'll be jailed for stating the obvious.

. . .having said that, I do think it's an interesting discussion on whether removal is the best course of action. I don't remember anything about these games at all, but if this Cassidy character (initials. . .PC? Uh oh) is meant to be the butt of the joke as I've seen mentioned elsewhere, getting rid of the flag does seem interesting given the MOUNTAIN of offensive satirical content that is in the series (and really ridden HARD in GTAV).

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Zombie Driver HD off the backlog.....very repetitive.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    My weekend is off to a great start with me waking up sick and being unable to really do anything all day. However, @Questor somehow sensed that and sent me a gift this morning.
    yg59jnyhidbp.png
    Thanks for As Far as the Eye, Questor. I appreciate you making my day better.

• Options
    Orivon wrote: »
    My weekend is off to a great start with me waking up sick and being unable to really do anything all day. However, @Questor somehow sensed that and sent me a gift this morning.
    yg59jnyhidbp.png
    Thanks for As Far as the Eye, Questor. I appreciate you making my day better.

Every time I see Questor's name, I just want to play Gauntlet with them.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    But Original arcade Gauntlet only, right?

Right??

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ED! wrote: »
    uwybn0ldgxkt.png

You can just say NEOGAF. I don't think you'll be jailed for stating the obvious.

. . .having said that, I do think it's an interesting discussion on whether removal is the best course of action. I don't remember anything about these games at all, but if this Cassidy character (initials. . .PC? Uh oh) is meant to be the butt of the joke as I've seen mentioned elsewhere, getting rid of the flag does seem interesting given the MOUNTAIN of offensive satirical content that is in the series (and really ridden HARD in GTAV).

NeoGAF occupies precisely zero space in my brain. I didn't even think of it until you mentioned it. There's plenty of shitheads all over the internet.

• Options
    Remiss of me, so I do apologise, but I should have mentioned earlier that @Questor dropped a Humble link on me for Lego Batman 3! Cheers matey! :heartbeat:

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    best one-two combo I've ever heard:
    "YOUR SHOTS NOW HURT OTHER PLAYERS"
    "ELF HAS EATEN ALL THE FOOD LATELY"

dude was a pile of bones within ten seconds.

• Options
    "ELF IS ABOUT TO... oh."

• Options
    Questor wrote: »

Right??

Wait, did I just read that correctly? Hold up a second, I gotta go grab something from the shelf....

pnuc83n6tejg.jpg

Because you see, 9-year old Dover spent way too much money on Gauntlet in the arcade up the road from his house. He then dropped even MORE money into Gauntlet II as a 10-year old. To this day, I still emulate the voices and SFX from those games.

And as far as I'm concerned, there were no more Gauntlet games after that because none of them were anywhere near as perfect as the originals. Am I biased? Fuck yes I am, but I'm also not wrong.

So yes, if there's a way to play the original arcade games online, I'd be 100% down to roll with 3 other PA folks.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    wrn4c64oym99.png

42rbnzurlqn0.png

Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I just watched a vid from a dude who makes videos on how to beat old games, for the nes gauntlet.

Holy shit I have always liked nes hard games that sometimes just say fuck you to the player, but that game is on a whole new level. I mean I guess sometimes it's just taking advantage of the fact you can use a passcode to get somewhat close to where you were, but shit. Some exits that send you back to the freaking title screen, two of three paths near the end are no exit rooms. One level with like 20 exits taking you to a difficult penalty level that takes you back to the multi exit level until you find the one right exit. Yikes.

Really cool game for an NES game though.

• Options

Right??

Wait, did I just read that correctly? Hold up a second, I gotta go grab something from the shelf....

pnuc83n6tejg.jpg

Because you see, 9-year old Dover spent way too much money on Gauntlet in the arcade up the road from his house. He then dropped even MORE money into Gauntlet II as a 10-year old. To this day, I still emulate the voices and SFX from those games.

And as far as I'm concerned, there were no more Gauntlet games after that because none of them were anywhere near as perfect as the originals. Am I biased? Fuck yes I am, but I'm also not wrong.

So yes, if there's a way to play the original arcade games online, I'd be 100% down to roll with 3 other PA folks.

The Midway Arcade Treasures collections were so good and so well presented. Origins on the 360 at least has a good chunk of the games, but it wasn't as nicely done. It's a shame the PC release has long since disappeared too. A new reissue of those would be great, just pop all three MATs into one, incorporate online multi, and sell it for twenty bucks or something. I appreciate there's "other ways" to play them too, but still.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Mmmmmmm, post ww2 strategy game where Stalin died on a chicken bone, soviet union collapsed immediately, and a liberated poland becomes polish empire really pissed at the British for the start of ww2

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    i wasnt going to buy the new gta remasters, but if they remove a lot of the worst stuff and it really pisses off the grumblegater crowd then id buy it out of principle

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I used to play gauntlet legends with my buddy on the N64 all the time. We would just grind characters to lvl 99 for fun over and over.

I saw they released a newer game on PC a few years ago, but heard it was awful.

Also I recently started playing brawlhalla and it's really nice to play a game where sound doesn't matter at all so I can just listen to music.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I saw they released a newer game on PC a few years ago, but heard it was awful.

It definitely isn't awful, nor does it have bad reviews. My memories of Gauntlet 64 are pretty fuzzy to compare, but for awhile new Gauntlet was the warmup game of choice for my friends and I to knock a few levels out before playing something more involved like Divinity.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Mmmmmmm, post ww2 strategy game where Stalin died on a chicken bone, soviet union collapsed immediately, and a liberated poland becomes polish empire really pissed at the British for the start of ww2

Pretty sure that’s a Hearts of Iron mod …

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I N S C R Y P T I O N

Against all odds and against how the game portrays itself, the ending made me feel things.

wtf

end spoilers
    Grimora talking about all the games you could have played together if there had been more time.

Leshy playing with you one last time with your old deck saying he's proud of how good you've become.

"Goodbye. Good game."

Him shaking your hand before being deleted.

I teared up. wtf

yo

play inscryption

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Hello here is a good and spooky game to play that has tight frantic gameplay and a banger of a soundtrack

https://youtu.be/kNNYFIT0fBs

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I really want to play Inscryption, but I'm balls deep in Atelier right now.

• Options
    QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »

You can get a cream for that

steam_sig.png
  • Options

You can get a cream for that

zoxjdgfslnqc.png

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    I don't think I've ever had a conversation in my entire life where the distinction between a shaved and unshaven baby was important.

• Options
    I think the better question is: who the hell is shaving their babies?

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

Standard procedure. What with the recent outbreak of prenatal lice.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/XCbMVbeKlCg

A new look at Halo Infinite. Looking pretty good. Game Pass day 1, remember.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular

Right??

Until the last boss fight, new (ish) Gauntlet was pretty good.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/258970/Gauntlet_Slayer_Edition/

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular

Followup question: Who the hell is licing their babies?

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

Gta:Halo?
    Far Cry:Halo?

I wanna be annoyed with the banished seeming to sub the original covenant, but Atriox is an actual character and we've seen why John 117 is responsible for their ascension, with all the booming and zooming he has done for the past 5 games.

The idea of him protecting a baby bird cortana is nice but could get annoying

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular

Where the hell is Halo 5, Microsoft?!

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »

Well, they are much more delicious that way.

Oh, "Licing." Sorry. Thought you said, "Icing."

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So the Augmented Steam page for Mummy Demastered that pulls IsThereAnyDeal info lists sale prices for a separate, unrelated game about mummies. Does anybody know if there's an easy way to report a bug like this? It wouldn't be the first time it auto pulled info about the wrong game.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Oh, great and benevolent Steam thread, I call upon thee and your infinite wisdom and compassion.

So I just recently got a decent gaming laptop after years of being console-only. Now I'm kinda curious about the games I've missed out on in the last 5-10 years. I'm mainly looking for single-player games that are either PC exclusive, or just so much better on PC that they probably should've been.

I'm open to many different genres. It would probably be quicker to name the kind of games I don't like. Not a fan of roguelikes/lites, walking sims, or visual novels. I do like indie games that don't fall into those categories though.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Lucky for you, the new consoles are just PCs and game devs are developing games on PC first. So really it just depends on what you want to play. Controllers work great with pc too

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Thawmus wrote: »

Well, they are much more delicious that way.

Oh, "Licing." Sorry. Thought you said, "Icing."

Isn't that what that "Ice Ice Baby" song was about?

snip

On first glance I think that the people who are getting upset over it (and the people who are gloating over it) should probably find a healthier way to spend their time, but at a second glance it does kinda seem like a weird thing for Rockstar to draw the line on when you consider how much controversial content is present in the GTA franchise. They're going to have to make some pretty deep cuts if they want to reevaluate something like GTA3 through the lens of modern popular morality.

Adjacent to GTA discussion though, it's always a weird feeling whenever I start a brand new open world game and get dumped off in a huge city somewhere and every direction I look or street I turn onto it's brand new territory as far as the eye can see, and I realize that at some point in the future I will probably know all of it like the back of my hand.