As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Remote Play Together Sale (2/28 - 3/7) - Get some games! Play with friends!

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Suds wrote: »
    God of War. Holy shit. I never thought I’d see the day. I bought a PS4 for this game.

Sweet! Now c'mon, Ghost of Tsushima.

It's coming. Sony removed the 'Only on Playstation' logo from the cover art on their Amazon page, which has been the precursor to each game they're released on PC.

Might be a wait though - Sony apparently want a 2 year gap between Playstation and PC releases, and GoT released July 2020. Going by that, there's about 9 months wait.

It'll definitely hit PC though - it was their fastest selling new IP in years. They will want that extra sweet, sweet PC money.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Seems like I'm building a nice little library of daily quick play games with random waves or challenges, so I'm finally creating a sort of "break glass in case of library overload" folder.

Might also get back to comparing frontends that will let me do proper custom sorting.

ArmsForPeace84 on
    Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Isn't RE4 getting a remake? Maybe skip that one for now...

Meh it's not something I particularly care about. I'm playing them for NOSTALGIA and to watch Leon jump over lasers.

RE4 is getting a fan made remaster pretty soon if you want to spice up your playthrough. It's insane the amount of effort they put into it, most of the textures in RE4 are from real life places in Spain so they actually went there and took photos of the same textures found in game.

Here's an interesting video if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uJuTKyM4rQ

Florin on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Seems like I'm building a nice little library of daily quick play games with random waves or challenges, so I'm finally creating a sort of "break glass in case of library overload" folder.

Might also get back to comparing frontends that will let me do proper custom sorting.

I'm still so annoyed that the big Steam library update doesn't include the ability to actually filter using both yes show me games with this label and no do not show me games with this label.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Isn't RE4 getting a remake? Maybe skip that one for now...

Meh it's not something I particularly care about. I'm playing them for NOSTALGIA and to watch Leon jump over lasers.
    Speaking of nostalgia, heres an indie game patterned after the first RE you might want to check it out.

Haven't played myself but reviews seem positive. If it doesn't have tank controls, its a 0/10 though.

It does have tank controls.

There's also Tormented Souls, which is a great little RE-type game that I wrote up a bit of a post about here.

There's demos for both available right now.

I just wanted to correct Pixie that Them and Us has the choice of either over the shoulder or Tank with pre-positioned cameras. It's still just okay based on the demo alone.

Also yeah, Tormented Souls looks rad.

Also also, totally stoked on that RE4 fan-mod. Been following Albert re-doing it since Chapter 2 or so. It feels like it's been ages but I'm glad he's almost finished with 1.0, and he said hopefully sometime before Christmas.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    As long as I am inserting Rooster keys into the Chicken door I am all for it.

This has to be a euphemism, right?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    God of War huh. Sure, why not!

(what about Bloodborne though...)

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

Says every PS5 owning Bloodborne fan since launch...

• Options

Says every PS5 owning Bloodborne fan since launch...

It's a drum worth beating!
    There was rumor recently that Blue Point is doing someting with Bloodborne. That is, to me, a bit of a monkey paw deal, because I do not like the, mmh, artistic liberty they took with Demon's Souls

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    My Halloween game should be Alien Isolation finally, because I tell myself each year I'm going to play it. But in reality I'll probably go play Luigi's Mansion 3 instead because it's not pants-shittingly terrifying. Or maybe the Castlevania Advance Collection.

Also, I continue to murder my way across Greece, and I think I should get back to Bloodstained. Praying all my game saves actually are where they're supposed to be . . .

I tell myself every year that I'm going to start up Alien Isolation on the PS4 or PC. Then every year I chicken out and look at other games to play.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    I have, to this day, not beaten the first Amnesia. There's something about it that just freaks me out. I wonder if I should try...one last time

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1642110/BATS_Bloodsucker_AntiTerror_Squad/

https://www.pcgamer.com/bloodsucker-anti-terror-squad-is-a-sidescroller-that-asks-what-if-gi-joe-were-vampires/
    Action sidescroller BATS—which stands for Bloodsucker Anti-Terror Squad—answers a question everyone has been asking for years: What if G.I. Joe was composed entirely of vampires?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I have, to this day, not beaten the first Amnesia. There's something about it that just freaks me out. I wonder if I should try...one last time

I saw someone mention how after they found out the monsters despawn once they kill you it was easier to just do a puzzle, spawn the monster, then run over and let it kill them rather than try hiding and sneaking.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    BATS looks amazing.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Madican wrote: »

I saw someone mention how after they found out the monsters despawn once they kill you it was easier to just do a puzzle, spawn the monster, then run over and let it kill them rather than try hiding and sneaking.

that's cheating!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

that's cheating!

Game started it

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    For those who still play it or who might come back to it, THERE IS A NEW CONAN DLC OUT TODAY WOOOO!

Get medieval! (It's the Nemedian DLC, and Nemedia is analogous to the Holy Roman Empire in the Conanverse)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    cjf4zkojuftd.png

Just some Halloween fun for y'all.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    @Pixelated Pixie
    Remember that Zelda-like Steam games list?
    Well, you can now add another future title to it: Super Dungeon Maker.
    And you can play Fink's Awakening, a free (demo) prologue.
    https://youtu.be/7BUPaXbA0WU

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Trying to keep up on this thread is enough anxiety, @MNC Dover just makes things harder.
    Anxiety and innuendos are my fetish.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    BATS looks amazing.

Due to some broken promises and shenanigans, @Pixelated Pixie gifted me BATS. It is pretty fun. You start out as a regular dracula like vampire, then every level you beat you unlock another member of your BATS team. I unlocked Nosferadude and Mitzie so far. Each one plays differently with their own special powers. Is it worth it? Im not really sure yet, but I had fun with the 3 levels I played so far.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    The Stardew Valley dev's upcoming game is giving me some Recettear vibes

https://youtu.be/kJy7LF789lo

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Now that FFXIV has me freed of its nefariously comforting clutches, I have begun playing (gasp!) other games.

- Valheim is hardcore, yo. I spent ten minutes on the water heading towards a Swamp only to die ten seconds after getting off the boat. Took a raft back to my gravestone only to find more things camping the site and bashing my good boat to pieces. Didn't even hit my gravestone before I got filled with arrows. If I want my stuff back I may need to get some multiplayer help. (Also, Spotify's "Norse and Viking Music" playlist is great for helping me fall asleep.)
    - Grim Dawn is scratching that Diablo itch pretty well. Currently playing a Blademaster (Soldier + Nightblade).

Also, thanks @Pixelated Pixie for tossing Fallout 4 my way!

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Tried out Riftbreaker on gamepass, but I'm going to buy it on Steam to support the game. I can see myself sinking a ton of time into it and man does it look pretty.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    My Halloween game should be Alien Isolation finally, because I tell myself each year I'm going to play it. But in reality I'll probably go play Luigi's Mansion 3 instead because it's not pants-shittingly terrifying. Or maybe the Castlevania Advance Collection.

Also, I continue to murder my way across Greece, and I think I should get back to Bloodstained. Praying all my game saves actually are where they're supposed to be . . .

I tell myself every year that I'm going to start up Alien Isolation on the PS4 or PC. Then every year I chicken out and look at other games to play.

My complete exhaustion with the gameplay loop of dumpster-diving for spools of wire and tubes of glue to craft consumables rises to the surface when I think about revisiting nearly any game or franchise where that's a thing. This is why Amanda Ripley has been in that same hallway where I left her for years now. This is just her life now.

Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Just now noticing Star Dew Chocolate has shop running/merchant elements.

Oh no..

Oh noooooo!
    Sunk over 100 hundreds hour into Stardew, don't think this will be any different. Probably worse, 200.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    My complete exhaustion with the gameplay loop of dumpster-diving for spools of wire and tubes of glue to craft consumables rises to the surface when I think about revisiting nearly any game or franchise where that's a thing. This is why Amanda Ripley has been in that same hallway where I left her for years now. This is just her life now.

I left my Amanda under a desk somewhere in Medical. I should really fire the game up again since its spook season. Its the only scary game that has ever gotten to me. I've played through countless "scary" games without even flinching, but for some reason when I played Alien Isolation I was genuinely anxious and uncomfortable the entire time.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Scary game? Oh I don't play scary games. But i did play a nice relaxing puzzle game that might be good for people who do play scary games to play...so they can relax a bit. It's a new one called Poppy Playtime. pretty short, but cheap! give it a try!

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    My favourite part of that game is when people play it and overuse the distraction items, then have that moment where they throw a flare and instead of chasing it the alien runs right at them as it's going to where the flare *came from*.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Let me tell you about a wonderful person.
    @Antoshka just randomly dropped Total War Warhammer 3 on me. Just because he is awesome.

I look forward to being crushed by my enemies seeing as I am terrible at Total War games, but I fully expect to have fun the whole time.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    i5z88jstgkt9.png

@Antoshka completely warped a thing said in chat and this is the result. MOAR CONAN!

Thanks! <3<3<3

... just when I thought I might finally escape that game's clutches.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Alien isolation just sounds unfun. Even the people who like it seem to find it exhausting, and the positive reviews at the time were like "this is a great 5-10 hour game....that is 20+ hours long"

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Alien isolation just sounds unfun. Even the people who like it seem to find it exhausting, and the positive reviews at the time were like "this is a great 5-10 hour game....that is 20+ hours long"

The best way to put it is ‘too much of a good thing’.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I'm really not sure what to make of Inscryption.

It's a deck-builder roguelike / escape room / creepypasta ARG??? That's what the makers are selling it as anyway.

Free demo

MrBody on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    It's from the pony island and hex guy so yes

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    The gta trilogy is up for preorder on the rockstar website and it says it’s 90au. For comparison brand new games are usually 100 dollars in Australia. If that price is real and not an error it’s a fucking crime I don’t care what features they added

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

The best way to put it is ‘too much of a good thing’.

Honestly I never really found it that bad, I enjoyed the whole thing and it’s not nearly the sloggiest of games I’ve played. I mean yeah there’s parts that could’ve been cut but it still is peppered with great moments and ends well. I found it varied enough that i never understood the rep. Like yeah it might not be for everyone but it’s not some endlessly padded stretched out thing. Each sequence feels relatively fresh, there usually something new to see every chapter

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    The gta trilogy is up for preorder on the rockstar website and it says it’s 90au. For comparison brand new games are usually 100 dollars in Australia. If that price is real and not an error it’s a fucking crime I don’t care what features they added

Looks like $59.99 in the United States. What's the crime? I'm not a GTA fan, but $60 for a remaster of three games sounds fair, right? Or am I missing a pun on the "theft" title?

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I mean, it's a little concerning to me that the Trilogy is launching in 20 days and there hasn't been a single screenshot or trailer for it. Rockstar don't exactly have a consistent history with ports so I wouldn't be willing to put full-price money down just yet.

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Burnage wrote: »
    I mean, it's a little concerning to me that the Trilogy is launching in 20 days and there hasn't been a single screenshot or trailer for it. Rockstar don't exactly have a consistent history with ports so I wouldn't be willing to put full-price money down just yet.

First in-game shots are up.

Looks like they at least did more than slapping an AI upres on everything, though the heads look... weird.
    b1ff880488d88293b59c.jpg

Edit: Trailer up.

Suriko on