As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Remote Play Together Sale (2/28 - 3/7) - Get some games! Play with friends!

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Darlan wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting either RE8 or Deathloop as a Halloween gift to myself, does anyone happen to have opinions on which of those two is better?

Have you played RE7? RE8 is more of a direct sequel than most RE games. RE7 is also fan-fucking-tastic. It's less in the spirit of Resident Evil, but it's a better 'horror' game than RE8.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    heenato wrote: »
    man what a time to be like, crisis levels of broke. There's some stuff I've been eying for awhile on sale. Ah, alas.

Fatal frame launched on PC today. Apparently the port is a bit screwed up right now but hopefully that'll be fixed soon. Fatal frame is a cool series and I'm glad to see it getting ports.

Holy cow. Glad you posted this. I didn't know it is coming out for PC.
    from what I'm hearing the launch port is in a REALLY rough state like "Game logic is tied to framerate and they forgot to cap the framerate" type of rough.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Darlan wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting either RE8 or Deathloop as a Halloween gift to myself, does anyone happen to have opinions on which of those two is better?

Really depends. They are very different experiences but very good. The writing and dialogue is top notch in Deathloop. And if you like Dishonored or Prey then you'll love it.

RE8 is also really fun and a lot slower. I wouldn't consider it a full horror experience but it's really fun.

I need you to tell me Deathloop needs sound, so I can justify not purchasing it again.

You lose a lot of the quippy remarks and Colt's voice?

That's all I got so far.. I'm sorry...

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Holy crap Phasmophobia is legit terrifying by yourself.

I've never gotten goosebumps while playing a horror game before.

urahonky on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    My wishlist isn't that big, but 10-20% discounts during a sale?! Nintendo offers better deals than that!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Dudes. Holy. Shit.

Have y'all seen the Tomb Raider 25th Anniversary Sale page? It's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life. Just look at that pixel art. It's amazing. Like. I can't even right now.

They need to turn this into a real video game using these art assets.

5gpe3hrr1rpj.png

6tqfuhhskcq8.png

ymwo21ic6df2.png

9xhe8yo1na8l.png

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    My wishlist isn't that big, but 10-20% discounts during a sale?! Nintendo offers better deals than that!

Woo! I'm not the only one who feels this way! Nothing more than 20% on my wishlist. Very bummer!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I've always felt if they were to do a 2D art style Tomb Raider it should be a metroidvania style game.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    The winter sale is usually the big one, right?

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Pixie did a rude move while I was being a rude dude

y4fukol9gzhv.jpg

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Dudes. Holy. Shit.

Have y'all seen the Tomb Raider 25th Anniversary Sale page? It's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life. Just look at that pixel art. It's amazing. Like. I can't even right now.

I never played it but I heard the Tomb Raider game on the Gameboy Color was the bee's knees.

gfo53h4efpid.gif

• Options
    I honestly didn't even know that game existed, and I'm a pretty big TR fan.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    man what a time to be like, crisis levels of broke. There's some stuff I've been eying for awhile on sale. Ah, alas.

Fatal frame launched on PC today. Apparently the port is a bit screwed up right now but hopefully that'll be fixed soon. Fatal frame is a cool series and I'm glad to see it getting ports.

from what I'm hearing the launch port is in a REALLY rough state like "Game logic is tied to framerate and they forgot to cap the framerate" type of rough.

Well that is a bummer. Hopefully they fix that.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular

If you think that's bad take this into account: It does not have mouse support at launch. Yes, you must move the camera viewfinder with the keyboard.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Man that was the worst time to find out that I was hacked. I was at my kid's Taekwondo class and the SMS message never arrived for the Steam Guard.

wait I thought steamguard, as 2fa, should essentially prevent hacking? What's going on

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Woo! I'm not the only one who feels this way! Nothing more than 20% on my wishlist. Very bummer!

Lots more than 20% on mine, but I will wait until autumn sale because....reasons

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah I have quite a few:
    ieczq4fnmbzw.png

• Options
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Man that was the worst time to find out that I was hacked. I was at my kid's Taekwondo class and the SMS message never arrived for the Steam Guard.

wait I thought steamguard, as 2fa, should essentially prevent hacking? What's going on

I'll explain when I'm at my computer everything that happened and what I did. It's kind of genius how they set up the site but typing it out on my phone sounds like a nightmare haha.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Dudes. Holy. Shit.

5gpe3hrr1rpj.png

6tqfuhhskcq8.png

ymwo21ic6df2.png

9xhe8yo1na8l.png

If those were Steam chat emotes/stickers, I'd burn ALL of my points. The scowl is fantastic.

• Options
    @el_vicio here's how it happened.
    • @Draysoth sent me a message asking if I was busy. I said I wasn't and he asked if it was okay if I voted for his buddy's CSGO team for some reason. I, of course, agreed and asked him how I do it.
    • He sent me a link to a site that looked like your standard run-of-the-mill CSGO league pages. Had 4 teams on the page and a big red button. Now at this point I looked at all 4 of the teams and they were super generic sounding and the logos looked very similar (must have pulled the icons from some icon pack or something)
    • Anyway I clicked the Vote button for the team. At this point a modal windows pops up. If you don't know what a modal window is: it's a window that pops over the page without an address bar so it looked just like a browser window but without the top portion with the address bar/back/refresh/etc.
    • This modal showed the standard Steam page. It was asking me to login which I thought was odd. I minimized it and went to the legit steam's store page just to make sure I was still logged in which I was. AT THIS POINT MY SPIDER SENSE SHOULD HAVE BEEN TINGLING BUT IT WAS NOT BECAUSE I'M A FOOL!
    • So I entered my username and password. Which of course then prompted me for my Steam Guard code (which was sent to my email).
    • I then went to my email and entered the guard code.

At that point the guy had enough information to login to my Steam Account. Note that I only had Steam Guard setup for SMS instead of the app at the time. I've since changed that just in case. So of course I was trying to reset my password and they have to send an SMS text with the code but the code wasn't coming in so I was worried that the person logged into my Steam account and then changed the phone number. So I had to rush home and remove my phone number and re-add it which causes it to send an SMS... Which I still didn't get until like 20 minutes later where I got like 50 messages from Steam lol.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    While we're warning people, I don't have a CSGO team and I don't know any Nigerian royalty

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    So Devour is pretty fucking silly, scary, and fun.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options

It's terrifying with friends, too! I would not recommend it solo, it's honestly super hard without a team, and using proximity voice features really gives the game some oomph.

• Options
    Thawmus wrote: »

It's terrifying with friends, too! I would not recommend it solo, it's honestly super hard without a team, and using proximity voice features really gives the game some oomph.

Yeah I had my 7.1 headphones on and one felt like it brushed up behind me and hooo I almost quit right then and there.

I don't really have any friends that would play the game which is kind of a shame. I'd love to have my wife install it but between 3 kids and she's got her fulltime job and an etsy store there's just no time for it.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    we warn people about this CSGO thing all the time!
    it was even the thread title for a while!
    PLEASE NEVER VOTE FOR ANYONE'S CSGO TEAM

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited October 2021

I blocked the steam thread for a while because it caused me to spend money. :)

And I'm wayy too nice and oblivious.

urahonky on
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Well, welcome back! We promise we won't make you spend money.

...but yeah, cause you to, that's another matter... :wink:

• Options
    Jazz wrote: »
    Well, welcome back! We promise we won't make you spend money.

...but yeah, cause you to, that's another matter... :wink:

Don't you dare!

...oh hey Sekiro is on sale...

• Options
    I did a quick internet search regarding the GameBoy Color Tomb Raider game that was mentioned above. Looks like there were actually two of them. And another TR game for the GBA.

In my quick search, I didn't see anything about ports or re-releases. Are those games lost to time and old hardware? I feel like now that I know that they exist, I need to play them.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

Except for mine, of course.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »

I really want to play it but I doubt I can convince my friends.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »

oh hey what's the link for that?

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    McMoogle wrote: »

Joke's on you, I'll click on the link and vote for someone else's team, that'll show yo-

-Hey, would you please click on this link and vote for my CS:GO team?

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »

If you think that's bad take this into account: It does not have mouse support at launch. Yes, you must move the camera viewfinder with the keyboard.

Well that adds to the horror.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I did a quick internet search regarding the GameBoy Color Tomb Raider game that was mentioned above. Looks like there were actually two of them. And another TR game for the GBA.

In my quick search, I didn't see anything about ports or re-releases. Are those games lost to time and old hardware? I feel like now that I know that they exist, I need to play them.

Emulators, maybe?

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I played a little bit of the GBA Tomb Raider back when the GBA was commercially viable. It's an isometric platformer that translates Tomb Raider gameplay about as well as is possible. I appreciated the fact that they used a lot of sound effects from the original game.

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    HiT BiT wrote: »

You have to give them credit; they're really trying to capture the spirit of the original by also pretending they're porting it in 2001.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I can't check Steam right now but it looks like Humble is doing a female heroes sale that has most of the old Tomb Raider games for like $1 each. That's so crazy cheap (especially stuff like Legends, etc which is not THAT old). I'm guessing they're the same price on Steam? (and it's Humble so I imagine these are all steam codes anyways :P)

I am real tempted by $6 slime rancher tho.... (not that I think my computer could run the dang thing.. I need to upgrade so bad)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Mugsley wrote: »

Emulators, maybe?

They're cheap on eBay. A working GBC and a copy of Tomb Raider should cost ~$50.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    I played a little bit of the GBA Tomb Raider back when the GBA was commercially viable. It's an isometric platformer that translates Tomb Raider gameplay about as well as is possible. I appreciated the fact that they used a lot of sound effects from the original game.

I played TR Underworld on the DS and it wasn't terrible. It used polygons but the gameplay was still 2D.

emnmnme on