As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Geoff 'WORLD PREMIERE' Keighley presents [The Game Awards 2021]

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Metroid DREAD
    Bit of an indie showcase during the pre-show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IOXJzoA_CQ

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Metroid DREAD
    Literally only interested in the new game / movie announcements.

For example:

I wanna know what this is about... Even just an interactive tech demo could be really cool.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Literally only interested in the new game / movie announcements.

For example:

I wanna know what this is about... Even just an interactive tech demo could be really cool.

Is that unlocked now?

• Options
    I had to turn off G4. It was like they ran out of content and started talking about themselves. It really annoyed me.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Metroid DREAD
    lol the Game Awards?

More like
    The Late Awards

BOOM gottem but seriously though live productions are hectic lmao

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Metroid DREAD
    Feeling under the weather today so I may just have to check the clips out later.

• Options
    I guess I will watch the stupid game awards. Gosh.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I'm not downloading that unless i can grab and stretch Keanu's face like Mario's.

• Options
    Oh. I forgot. Ghosts and B Positive is on tonight.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Metroid DREAD
    I am gonna be doing Forza, but this will be on in the background once I get my homeworld fix.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Metroid DREAD
    ZELDA LIKE A FOX

• Options
    Tunic. Zelda-like.

• Options
    Life is Strange. Blargh.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Metroid DREAD
    In no world is Tunic a world premiere, but I am okay with March 16th and Microsoft backed.

Also yay, more pre-show awards and piped in audio.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Come on! This year you guys have Sting to listen to! He's involved in video games...right? 😋

He did a song for Arcane, which is based on a videogame. Stretching, but I'll allow it.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Metroid DREAD
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

KARAN IS PISSED!!!

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Deathloop
    HOMEWORLD 3 Q4 2022 (BUT PROBABLY NOT BUT ALSO THAT'S LONG ENOUGH AWAY MAYBE NO DELAYS)

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Metroid DREAD
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    HOMEWORLD 3 Q4 2022 (BUT PROBABLY NOT BUT ALSO THAT'S LONG ENOUGH AWAY MAYBE NO DELAYS)

I backed the fig campaign in like 2019. They've been working on it for a WHILE.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Deathloop
    The Game Awards has a VERY loose definition of "world premiere"

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Bollywood the game.

• Options
    Metroid DREAD
    I think I love everything about "Thirsty Suityors."

• Options
    Metroid DREAD
    Okay that looked extremely dumb but very cool

• Options
    Metroid DREAD
    Liked the Hollow-knight influenced Metroidvania where you play as Death.

• Options
    Metroid DREAD
    CAR GAME WIN UNGA BUNGA (but forreal tho those cars sounded fucking sick)

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    OK, this is a good song and all, but a bitter song about lost love kinda is a weird tone for the game awards, no?

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    OK, this is a good song and all, but a bitter song about lost love kinda is a weird tone for the game awards, no?

Arcane is just mega popular and that song one of its most identifiable.

• Options
    Oh it's from that. Gotcha.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    It Takes Two
    I feel like Offspring's Let the Bad Times Roll would've been more appropriate.

Oh hey look, lip service to improving the industry.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Geoff's bringing the (necessary) fire.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Resident Evil VIIIage
    Evil West, Have a Nice Death, and Planet of Lana stand out for me so far, for various different reasons. Bring on more~!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    cloudeagle wrote: »

I would've liked a direct shot at Activision-Blizzard in there. Granted, that is the most obvious thing that he could be referencing with "the headlines", but still.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Metroid DREAD
    Oh hey, they are still pulling that bullshit of lumping awards together.
    Enlong wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »

I would've liked a direct shot at Activision-Blizzard in there. Granted, that is the most obvious thing that he could be referencing with "the headlines", but still.

Not with Ubisoft's actor coming up next.

• Options
    Metroid DREAD
    2021, the year of throat singing. Hell Yeah Heilung

• Options
    Eh this is in engine but it's barely "gamePLAY"

• Options
    It Takes Two
    Eh this is in engine but it's barely "gamePLAY"

Back in the day we called it "in-engine".

But like "world premiere" terms are used fairly loosey-goosey nowadays.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    This is just gonna be battlefront 3 isn't it?

Edit, oh quantic dream that explains the insanity.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Metroid DREAD
    I was super intrigued by that Star Wars trailer until the Quantic Dream logo popped up.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Here's hoping they give David Cage a story editor for once.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    It Takes Two
    Oh shit! That Star Wars game piqued my interest. Quantic Dream kinda tempers it though.

And also, holy shit when did EA lose their exclusive Star Wars strangle hold?

Axen on
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    yeah if it were an open-world High Republic game that'd be wicked but those Quantic Dream QTE movie-games eeehhhhh

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."