As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E] The Crown of Charon - The Eviscerator

191011121315»

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    This is, uh...going to go poorly. If I didn't pick up the gem, my gauntlets would have made this less dicey.

Edit: Womp Womp

Geth, roll 1d20-1 for STR check

STR check:
    1d20-1 12 [1d20=13]

AustinP0027 on
    edited June 2022
    Oh wait, I have inspiration plus bless. Assuming those work on this (not honestly sure) add more stuff

Edit: Wow Geth. Wow.

Geth, roll 1d4+1d10 for extra dice

extra dice:
    1d4+1d10 3 [1d4=1] [1d10=2]

AustinP0027 on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Scrabbling and pulling through the boiling muck, threatening to suck him down, Sy feels something slicing through the effluent towards him. With a final mighty heave, the eyes of the gods on him, Sy plorps out of the Phlegethon onto the shore, just as the fluid he was in starts churning violently, a flash of metal spotted before the currents obscure it again.

The Hezrou grasps at Lady Lorian, attempting to snatch her up in it's slimy claws!

Geth, roll 1d20+5 for grappling

Initiative

Lorian
    Brygos
    Sy
    Hezrou
    Azara
    Thane
    Six-Headed Magnetic Spirit-Touched Warforged Siege Hydra

We'll need the opposed check with disadvantage from Kime and after the fallout of that, it'll be @The Brayster 's go

grappling:
    1d20+5 25 [1d20=20]

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    It nat-20'd me? uggggh

Geth roll 1d20+9 for Acrobatics to oppose the Grapple

Acrobatics to oppose the Grapple:
    1d20+9 17 [1d20=8]

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    The Hezrou snatches up Lorian and takes her northeast, dropping her into the lake and leaping over to the other bone pile.

Lorian takes 25 acid damage and is restrained!

Hail Hydra
    As Lorian is dragged through the lake, she twists and there's a deep cacophony of sound, a low bass you can feel more than hear. If anyone were able to look closely, they'd see the vibrations emanating from her almost keeping the lake "water" at bay. She emerges on the northeast bone pile scathed, but not as much as expected from what being dragged through acid.

Expending Lorian's reaction this turn and a fourth-level spell slot to use Song of Defense, reducing the damage she took there by 20. 'cause that's a lot of damage to take otherwise :D

Song of Defense: When you take damage while your Bladesong is active, you can use your reaction to expend one spell slot and reduce that damage to you by an amount equal to five times the spell slot’s level.

Steam profile
    She didn't get drug through, she got dropped off partway through, far more fun that way.

Hail Hydra
    Matev wrote: »
    She didn't get drug through, she got dropped off partway through, far more fun that way.

Oh I assumed she was still held on to and thus restrained. Well, slight retcon of my post but it's fine :P

Steam profile
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    Azara then Thane, I think?

Is anyone very injured?

Azara then Thane, I think?

Is anyone very injured?

Lorian's at half, so not great but still standing. Swimming? I guess if she takes another 25 from the lake that she's restrained in that would suck...

Steam profile
    Sy has 14hp

I'm jumping ahead a bit, but when it's my turn Thane will cast Aid at 4th level, so Sy, Lorian, and Brygos all will gain 20hp to their current and maximum HP for 8 hours.

Sy you are still in the muck right? If you are not in melee range of a baddie I will Voice of Authority again on Brygos to hit the adjacent demon.

• BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure if Brygos is adjacent to a demon. The jellyfish-legs is dead, the blubbery one jumped over to a different island, and Metal Gear Ghidora is in the lake.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    Sy also isn't near anything even though he is on the island now (and out of the muck)

Waiting on Azara's turn yeah?

Steam profile
    Ok- I will VoA a logical target. If that means I Aid Lorian instead of Brygos, that will work.

• The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Azara focuses her efforts on helping out her comrades, in part through inspiration and in part through keeping the nearest foe distracted.

Azara uses Vicious Mockery on the closest of the foes. (3d4 psychic damage on a failed WIS 17 save)
    You unleash a string of insults laced with subtle enchantments at a creature you can see within range. If the target can hear you (though it need not understand you), it must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or take 1d4 psychic damage and have disadvantage on the next attack roll it makes before the end of its next turn.

This spell's damage increases by 1d4 when you reach 5th level (2d4), 11th level (3d4), and 17th level (4d4).

Noticing a comrade in peril, Azara gives her all to a final inspiration, though she feels a noticeable lack of energy afterwards.

Azara uses Bardic Inspiration on Lady Lorian
    As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d10). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Geth, roll 3d4 for (potential) Psychic Damage

(potential) Psychic Damage:
    3d4 10 [3d4=4, 4, 2]

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
    @Matev i think it's on you, right?

Steam profile