As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We are canceling the apocalypse! (Final Fantasy XIV)

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I mean the last part definitely isn't true lol, but its still a lot earlier than I figured it would be

It probably would have been significantly healthier for their servers at launch.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I mean the last part definitely isn't true lol, but its still a lot earlier than I figured it would be

Didn't they literally say that during the conference? I mean, I guess he could be lying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc--2kHCB9k

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I think it was a funny joke

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular

Oh no, that last part is true.

They didn't think it smart to release the same time as Elden Ring's DLC so they delayed the release.

YoshiP joked that they didn't delay the release just to give him time to play the Elden Ring DLC. Though he is looking forward to it.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it sounds like the prizes for the FF16 crossover are going to take a substantial pile of MGP, possibly 200k for the triple triad card. So save up for that if you are low on MGP.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The event should be around long enough where doing the fashion contest every week should be enough MGP to buy everything before the event concludes, if you start this week

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I don’t understand how the fashion contest works

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

You get points for each gear slot. There's a base score for the slot, plus points for dye iirc... and then a few slots will get bonus points for being the correct item, and some colors get bonus points. It's basically community-solved, so you just copy the minimal solution for 80 points each week and get a big pile of MGP for little effort (usually).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

There's a reddit guide for it every week, will tell you the easiest/cheapest parts you need to meet the requirement. Something like this:
    mfIq1ti.png

Bottom right "Easy 80pts" is what you want for the payout.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    That user also has a Twitter account and tends to posts solutions slightly sooner on Twitter than Reddit.

It's also worth doing a few things every week for easy MGP:
    Win 10 Triad matches against any opponent (I use the bots/opponents in GC)
    Win 100 MGP from the games
    Complete 3 GATEs
    Participate in 5 GATEs

There's a Gold Saucer section of the Challenge Log with details.

Also the weekly Cactpot is MGP positive no matter what.

• Options
    Mugsley wrote: »
    That user also has a Twitter account and tends to posts solutions slightly sooner on Twitter than Reddit.

It's also worth doing a few things every week for easy MGP:
    Win 10 Triad matches against any opponent (I use the bots/opponents in GC)
    Win 100 MGP from the games
    Complete 3 GATEs
    Participate in 5 GATEs

There's a Gold Saucer section of the Challenge Log with details.

Also the weekly Cactpot is MGP positive no matter what.

Mini cactpot is also always positive.

I'd also suggest the Win 3 Verminion matches, since the solo challenge levels count and some of them are pretty short.

• Options
    In other news, I want to know why the Internet is on fire for Dawntrail preorder. If people aren't trying to get physical CEs, why are they in a hurry to order?

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    the pre-order gets you instant items, including the earring that's bonus EXP up to level 90.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Seems specifically rough in the US, the UK store still says it has CE boxes available for about 12 hours now

• Options
    ....so 2 days will matter between now and expansion?

I'm missing something. Also at least 3/4 (more) of those rushing have the earring from EW to do the same thing for most of the levels it matters. Yes I know the Dawntrail one will have 10 more levels of boost

• Options
    It doesn’t help that the square enix site is infamously terrible

• Options
    edited March 27
    Sorry, 5 verminion games. Just do challenge #4 and spam poppets until it's over. Only takes like a minute with Wind-up Alisaies. (5k, 10k, 12k for 1/3/5 games, for 27k total)

Polaritie on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    I'm getting back into the game and going through the ARR sightseeing logs right now, and it's kind of baffling to me how they designed this. The log hint gives you almost nothing given how precise the positioning is, most games would give you a screenshot as a hint and have you find it. Then there's the fact that they all have both a time constraint and a weather constraint. Even the ones that are indoors! How was anyone supposed to do this without following a very precise guide? I found the helper tool which is very useful except that it seems a little buggy with its predictions.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    I'm getting back into the game and going through the ARR sightseeing logs right now, and it's kind of baffling to me how they designed this. The log hint gives you almost nothing given how precise the positioning is, most games would give you a screenshot as a hint and have you find it. Then there's the fact that they all have both a time constraint and a weather constraint. Even the ones that are indoors! How was anyone supposed to do this without following a very precise guide? I found the helper tool which is very useful except that it seems a little buggy with its predictions.

There wasn't a lot to do in ARR once you finished the MSQ.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

For better or worse, later expansions simplify it and it's always just finding the glowing spot and using /lookout. No arcane requirements.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Just got up to Heavensward, and the story finally went to 11.

"Then mock her in HELL."

Raubahn's a boss.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Oh hey, apparently today's the day we get the complete OST for all the post-patch Endwalker stuff, I picked a good day to poke at getting Dawntrail preordered. Delicious musics.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited March 28
    Polaritie wrote: »

For better or worse, later expansions simplify it and it's always just finding the glowing spot and using /lookout. No arcane requirements.

There are actually a few exceptions in later expansions, either needing a different emote or being at certain times, but I think the place you have to stand is always visible after ARR's nightmare mode. The post-ARR points that are different are so rare that I get extremely confused every time I stumble on one. I remember there's one up on a cliff in the ruby sea that I was tearing my hair out over for a while.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ....so 2 days will matter between now and expansion?

I'm missing something. Also at least 3/4 (more) of those rushing have the earring from EW to do the same thing for most of the levels it matters. Yes I know the Dawntrail one will have 10 more levels of boost

This is my very first experience boost earring

I just haven’t been actively playing when the last preorder periods started. My last preorder was ARR

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    delphdelph DelawareRegistered User regular
    Has anyone received the in game earring? I'm not sure if I activated my preorder code correctly. I wasn't sure if the earrings are "live" yet.

• Options
    delph wrote: »
    Has anyone received the in game earring? I'm not sure if I activated my preorder code correctly. I wasn't sure if the earrings are "live" yet.

I have. I got it by moogle mail the next time I logged in after activating my code.

This was admittedly several hours later

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Sorry, 5 verminion games. Just do challenge #4 and spam poppets until it's over. Only takes like a minute with Wind-up Alisaies. (5k, 10k, 12k for 1/3/5 games, for 27k total)

Also, it's PLAY 5 games. If you really don't care about the game, you can just afk through 5 losses.

• Options
    edited March 28
    yeah but if you get up to the first boss level it's much quicker to just spam out hildebrands to win than it is to AFK a loss.

Also way funnier.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    delphdelph DelawareRegistered User regular
    delph wrote: »

I have. I got it by moogle mail the next time I logged in after activating my code.

This was admittedly several hours later

Thanks for the response. Once again, I simply had to complain on the internet and it arrived! :)

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular

I wish they were better about making retroactive improvements to older content. Like it couldn't have been hard to just remove the old time and weather conditions. Or the requirement that you do the first 20 and then go talk to an NPC that doesn't have a quest indicator to get the other 60.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    j088Grm.jpg

le douche book

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    j088Grm.jpg

le douche book

Oof

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    le douche book

Failing a one-in-eight chance isn't a slight against you. That's just... normal.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I understand how probabilities work. I lose at two lines all the time.

It's just, even when rng is gonna rng, when it puts that last one on the space right next to where you want it, it feels like a personal slight. :lol:

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    No it's not RNG. Khloe is just spiteful.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Khloe is really hoarding those gold certificates.

They should let you trade up from Bronze to Silver to Gold, even if quantities are ridiculous

• Options
    Ridiculous farming related: is there a reasonable bicolor gemstone guide, so I can get wings?

I didn't get into ShB content until after EW dropped

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 3
    Ridiculous farming related: is there a reasonable bicolor gemstone guide, so I can get wings?

I didn't get into ShB content until after EW dropped

ShB FATEs award 12, EW FATEs award 14.

That's about it. Do FATEs.

edit; Oh, and under the Travel tab there's a section called Shared FATEs. If you fill up all of those, vendors sell some extra stuff.

reVerse on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Some point I should probably do the endwalker FATE tour, believe I have one of the zones capped out, I do not remember if there's a reason why I was grinding the Fates

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    I seem to recall you need ShB FATEs for relic memories. Is that right?