As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

10th Edition is Go! [40k]

1136137138139140142»

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I have both. But I’m struggling to see what I could drop to get them in.

It would either be the Rockgrinder, without which my Aberrants are legging it which I don’t want, or the Purestrains, which I’ve spent a long time painting and want to field.

Or the Ridgerunner, but that has the same reason as the Purestrains. I spent ages painting that thing.

I think I’ll just have to live with the list and accept I won’t get all the toys I want in at 1k.

If you the biologus throw it with the aberrants. They are crazy tanky with the -1 to wound by have a character, Drop the pure strains and the primarch. Melee is rough right now.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Biophagus is one of the only Genestealer units I don’t have but it’s on the list.

And again, dropping painted units isn’t happening. I painted them to use painted stuff.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    The most impressive part is the different weapon options on those tiny models.

I thought those were just for looks and that at this scale individual armament wouldn't make a difference? But maybe I'm wrong.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    I freaking hope so. Fidgeting about with magnets and weapon options is already too much in 40k (especially when even your most basic troop choice has three weapon options, which is insane).

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Looking at the announcement article pictures it's three battle cannon preds in the big group picture but a twin lascannon one in the individual shots, so it does seem to provide build options for weapons.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Depends on which edition of epic they're basing it on. At least a few were very abstract with just attack values basically, while epic Armageddon for example hat actual weapon stats, because the streamlined system apparently wasn't as popular with the player base.

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    It's been something through several incarnations of Epic.

They start out with generic "Dreadnoughts".

Then they split into CC and Ranged.

Then they start tinkering with load outs.

I'm more partial to the former (or at least the middle) at this scale, if I wanted full variation, I'd play the big game.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    yeah worrying about weapon load out at epic scale is not something i'm interested in at all

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Depends on which edition of epic they're basing it on. At least a few were very abstract with just attack values basically, while epic Armageddon for example hat actual weapon stats, because the streamlined system apparently wasn't as popular with the player base.

There is such a thing as being too streamlined. Especially since a fair chunk of the marketing behind Epic: 40,000 was about how you could customise your force completely (no fixed unit cards) and I guess people expected their customisation to mean more than adding half a dice to an attack roll.

Armageddon may have swung back too far the other way but it sure felt like making the decision to take more or less AT vs. AP firepower and the relative position of same on the table was actually significant.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    IIRC they said it’s based on Epic 40k, not Epic Armageddon.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    IIRC they said it’s based on Epic 40k, not Epic Armageddon.

They said second edition which is Epic Space Marine (not to be confused with (plain old) Space Marine which was 1st edition).

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

Ah good the Death Korps unit in the legends also have the vox caster rules but NO ACTUAL WAY TO TAKE THE VOX CASTER.

Arvus Lighter seems a bit expensive for a flying box.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Corsairs still being a thing is cool.

My phoenix yet lives.

The vampire hunter cannons are silly bad.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Building my BT Primaris crusaders and i gotta say, wouldn’t recommend for a new player. They are a bit fiddly. Great models though.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Look out sir as a rule doesn’t exist anymore outside of line operatives, correct?

Like a winged prime solo is free to shoot at?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Unless a model has the lone operative rule it's free to shoot as as any other unit

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Corsairs still being a thing is cool.

My phoenix yet lives.

The vampire hunter cannons are silly bad.

I am still curious if they build them up/out with options and leaders so they are on the same level as harlequins as an army

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Almost done with the Sternguard Veterans. They are probably the most detailed leviathan marines besides the Librarian? On the downwards slope to have the Leviathan marines done by the end of the month. Just 5 Infernus marines, the LT, the Biologis and the Dreadnaught, and they are all basecoated. So close I can taste it.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2023
    The Emperor demands new thread.

I'm just middle-management, I don't make the rules.

Echo on
  • Options
    Is that for his new clothes?

This discussion has been closed.