As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"Honey, I [Grounded] The Kids!"

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    For the pond we just turned off damage. Like too many games underwater in this sucks.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Just read the preview for patch 1.1. Apparently includes an upgrade that lets you go *up* ziplines, which is a serious fucking game changer.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    I wonder how that'll work? Does incline factor in?

I also wish there was an auto gather button to just grab all the plant fibers, pebblets, etc in a short range around you. Sort of like an ARPG loot gather button.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Sounds like a tech thing, because it's called a Zip.R, which is in line with all of Modok's other inventions.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Build something where the dandelion is respawning - like a path tile. It'll stop respawning.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    Sounds like a tech thing, because it's called a Zip.R, which is in line with all of Modok's other inventions.

It's the same upgrade as the Tombraider games ! Next up - mud camouflage and stealth kills, hopefully.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/xvY9-_SVwZQ

This scene in Grounded? Oh yes

• Options
    AntLions are kind of a pita. They do 50% damage popping out of the ground and they show up in packs. Then getting back into the sandbox is a massive pita lol.

• Options
    IIRC a level 5? 6? The one you can do with regular of the Red Ant Club could usually stun them by the third or fourth hit. They do take some getting use to but realize they don't attack that often and their dive is easy to avoid.

But yes at the start they seemed impossible without cheesing with arrows from afar.

• Options
    My favorite is coming at night when the wolf spider is out and letting it tank them while I pepper them with arrows haha.

• Options
    Boy the Coaltana is kind of a pain to get. Feels like by the time I can get it, I may not care. Didn't seem like there was a way to defend it solo. Maybe I'll have to load up with bratbursts or something.

Also, not sure what to do next. I got the Hedge, Pond, and Haze lab chips. It mentions 1 last chip but didn't say where. I'm assuming the Black Ant lab, but I kind of hoped the game would make that apparent.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Boy the Coaltana is kind of a pain to get. Feels like by the time I can get it, I may not care. Didn't seem like there was a way to defend it solo. Maybe I'll have to load up with bratbursts or something.

Also, not sure what to do next. I got the Hedge, Pond, and Haze lab chips. It mentions 1 last chip but didn't say where. I'm assuming the Black Ant lab, but I kind of hoped the game would make that apparent.

There should have been flashing icons of all chips after you brought back your first super chip.

Black ant hill location
    It is in the southwest corner in the garbage dump past the haze and behind the sandbox.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

How I did the Coltana was gas arrows, so many gas arrows. Basically your job is to cc not necessarily kill all the bugs, so just fire gas arrows and run around. But yeah solo its a real bitch and a half. But then you get to have your own Hawei XL KAT ANA

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I forget how I did it, but basically I didn't need the Coaltana after I solo'd it mostly cause only spiders I "needed" to kill was Widows and I skipped em.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

How I did the Coltana was gas arrows, so many gas arrows. Basically your job is to cc not necessarily kill all the bugs, so just fire gas arrows and run around. But yeah solo its a real bitch and a half. But then you get to have your own Hawei XL KAT ANA

I tried gas arrows but they didn't seem to kill the larvae fast enough. I even brought some bratbursts. I can get close, but that last 15% so many larvae pop out.

• Options
    Karoz wrote: »
    I forget how I did it, but basically I didn't need the Coaltana after I solo'd it mostly cause only spiders I "needed" to kill was Widows and I skipped em.

I don't think it's beneficial against Widows anyway.
    Widows aren't vulnerable to spicy like other spiders. They're resistant to everything, at least, that's what the creature card shows. The coaltana demolishes wolf spiders, but by the time you can get the coaltana, you can probably handle wolf spiders without too much trouble anyway.

• Options
    Feels like I'm losing steam. Trying to find the black ant lab has been a pain and looking online, some folks suggest tier 3 stuff, which, I'm not at. I wonder if I burned myself out doing too much crafting and building.

Might just take a break and then come back.

• Options
    Man, some of the bases in this game are insane.

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/zcgwf0

I'm trying to decide if I just want to stick with my original tower or build a mushroom one in the upper yard.

• Options
    https://gamerant.com/grounded-update-1-1-patch-notes/

1.1 just dropped. Tons of great improvements, some I've already noticed and are making a difference.
    • Dying now only drops natural resources in the death backpack, in all difficulty modes.
    • You no longer drop any crafted items when you die.
    • Durability damage on death increased from 5% to 10% in Medium difficulty (still 0% in Mild and 10% in Woah)
    • When a player dies in the pond depths, their backpack will be teleported to the top of the pond.
    • Buildings now give back 100% of their resources when destroyed or recycled by the player.
    • The "Nearby Storage" range has been doubled from 10 centimeters to 20 centimeters.
    • Base buildings can be built using ingredients directly from nearby grass and stem pallets within a 40 centimeter range.
    • The HotPouch now supports 3 sets of favorites that you can swap through while running around the yard. Have more items and gear ready to quickly use or swap out.

On top of new mushroom stairs, half stairs, extra row of inventory space, and the ZIP.R.

• Options
    Killing an animal that drops meat will now give jerky if you use a salty weapon or cooked meat if you use a spicy weapon. Nice change for long expeditions.

• Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    It's worth going through the release notes. Some of the nicest thing, in my opinion, were buried in there.

- You can now name trail markers
    - Peeping previously peep'd creatures will now bring up their creature cards
    - You can now exclude individual containers from the Drop All In Nearby action.

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    I didn't see them in the notes, but you no longer take damage from your own traps!

• Options
    edited December 2022
    What did folks do for "elemental" weapons and such? Now that I unlocked them, I'm not sure what should I be doing with them. Are there specific weapons that match with elements best? I figure the Mint Mace has that covered, so maybe fresh slash/chop/poke as a backup? Same for the others?

Also what tier 3 armor did you use? Tier 2 seemed easier with Spider or Ladybug, but I'm not sure what a good end game armor would be.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Rust spear for termites is all I really cared about so I could make plenty of repair goop for everything. Otherwise basically didn't care.

Sour apparently has some nice end game use but it's like---END end game.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Thanks, I'll work on the spear. Looks like a Fresh Spear and Sour Hammer/Staff are what I should be working towards for the end.

Might work on Fire Ant armor. I never use charge attacks, so not sure about Black Ox.

EDIT: Might need a Salty Spear as well for Termites. Want that Woodpile chip.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Rust was end all be all for termites when I played, harnessed both of their weakness in one weapon.

Also yeah Fire Ant armor was my end armor.

I think I had the minty mace or fire ant club for stunning large foes.

• Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    Finally managed to get two other friends into playing this and wow it’s so much easier and fun than mostly doing things solo.

• Options
    Just the ability to be picked up and keep going is a huge boon that not many games have made up for in solo vs multi.
    Deep Rock Galactic with its drone helped Bosco and a set number of revives is the best compromise I have seen.

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    We're at the last defend mission right now and this is going to take a lot of walls. Mushroom isn't too bad because you can grow them, but the final tier wall seems like it's impossible to build in significant numbers?

• Options
    I thought mushrooms were the final tier wall?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    I thought mushrooms were the final tier wall?

Ash Cement is the top tier top tier, but as said above its a pain in the ass to make in any kind of quantity. Mushroom bricks are just easier to produce so you can have more of them.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Oh. Well I did the final defend mission solo. I had 3 pebble turrets and a layer of mushroom bricks, stem wall and spike strip and ended just fine.

Honestly could have just done 3 layers of mushroom walls in half the time and better results.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    New update has appeared adding Wasps and many many things to make pretty pretty houses. It's worth noting that wasps are absolute shits and you do NOT want to make them mad. I got a wasp raid on my single player save and it was really tough - they do a lot of damage to buildings etc. So I would consider your anti-air defenses carefully if you're going to mess with them.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    41/41 Achievements for me on steam and 41/41 achievements for WOIFE on Xbox.

We did have a problem with achievements popping until I made my world online and shared, where all the achievements my woife should have had popped for her in a huge rain of them. We then went and did the 100% win, including the new statues, so now she has her first 100% game. It's worth noting that there is an update coming just next week for 1.3 and that's changing the 100% win condition. You're going to need all the gold cards, especially for the obnoxious new bosses, so I recommend if you want to 100% the game you should be getting on that right now.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Looking forward to the 1.3 patch. Seems like some good updates around balance.

• Options
    Rather spoiled by the accessibility options in Grounded compared to other survivor games.

• Options
    I only just started playing this again. I've still never actually finished it (Last year I got pretty far) and play solo on the easiest setting.

Patch 1.3 sounds baller.

• Options
    The only thing I wish they'd work on is official "elevators".

• Options
    Well, I'm coming up on the endgame, I guess. I like the new quest system as it did teach me that stuffed and wall mounted insects actually provide a buff. I'd had no idea, because I never bother making them before.

In other news, I'm pretty happy with my backyard castle:
    ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false
    ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

The wasps are new since I last played. Super cool armor set. I haven't gone into the nest yet, that's the last chip I still need. I think that'll be next, though I think I should make a weapon specifically for fight wasps. Hm. Maybe a shortbow with the wasp armor...

• Options
    https://youtu.be/GdW7g_qqW9U?si=ZPOTD5zWfGaW1oKb

Sounds like this is the last update for Grounded. They'll do patching, but what I saw on reddit, this may be the last content update.