As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2022! It's over!

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    I didn't order this. . .
    It was a box, here is proof! 9fbimd81hgg3.jpg

And then!
    d66oyfbq01gi.jpg

Oh heck yes! THANK YOU SATAN.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Satanhawk: I got the shelf but I've been lazy about putting it up. I'm going to have it beneath my TV which I got a studless mount kit for Christmas as well. Probably this weekend then I'll take pics. Thanks again!

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    A package has arrived, and according to IMPerial decree it is for me! I’ll open it later today!

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Yeah I couldn't wait.
    qzigm6u8b8cb.jpg
    d370l435y5vf.jpg

I'll rearrange when I get the other X-Wings and TIE Fighters hung from the ceiling and shelves put up, etc, but that was a fun build! Thanks again unknown Satan!

There was no identifying note in the package.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Satan I think you may have sent me something but I'm currently in Calgary waiting to fly to Seattle after a 2 day delay! I will be back on Thursday and can officially open it then!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Perrsun wrote: »
    A package has arrived, and according to IMPerial decree it is for me! I’ll open it later today!

@Elvenshae 🤯😱😱😱🤗🥹♥️💙💜

(Real post later)

• Options
    First, the box contents with a message! Gonna be honest, when I first read that, I thought to myself “You can’t tell me what to do, paper.”

But I acquiesced.
    j67gffx7wh0j.jpeg

The message was a detailed description of the order to open the presents, and context for each one. Here’s the haul in totality:
    at188lboqcgk.jpeg

First up, we’ve got a book of personal importance to the sender, an ornament that doesn’t just look like gingerbread… it smells like gingerbread!, a board game fit for solo or 2 player play, and some peanuts of a local variety! A good collection right here, but we’re not done yet…
    8r14rl187vdb.jpeg
    rgjqeva1e2hc.jpeg
    cmw3ba7mcmsv.jpeg

Next up we have a pair of glass ornaments, each inscribed with the initials of my kids! (I purposely angled the picture to show more of the detail in the glass)
    2oli51bma3kn.jpeg

And finally we have a massive piece honoring the best Rankin Bass Christmas special ever made:
    The Queen of the Water Spirits from The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
    mo0k48m54r4p.jpeg

A gigantic and heartfelt Thank You to the person that I sent to last year, and this year got me… @Elvenshae !
    Bonus of my older son “pretending to be a present, too!”
    vxfifvesknpw.jpeg

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Hardback and invisible cities are both great. All timers.

But hang on, that’s not the year without Santa

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I'm jealous of that tin of peanuts!

Not sure how to put this, but I'm taking a break from PA for a time. Just wanted to give an explanation so people don't wonder why I dropped off. PMs should still go to my email if you want to get in touch. I figured this maybe was the best place to mention it?
    You guys are awesome and I've enjoyed being a part of this community. I just need to focus on some things.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Hardback and invisible cities are both great. All timers.

But hang on, that’s not the year without Santa
    xl2eym09jntf.jpeg

kuxy60o4k658.gif

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Satan! I got back from my trip late yesterday and found that you have bestowed your blessings upon me. Once I unpack, and run a few errands I'll take photos of the bounty that you have provided.

In your name, hail.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    urp771zih9xj.gif

Dang Satan! I just got back home last night and as I'm eating breakfast my doorbell rings and a box is left on my porch!

c56wy1dsppzb.jpg

A Box! A Fragile Box! I like Fragile, Fragile is good

b0acn90afgjd.jpg

oooo pretty stickers. I've taken to sticker bombing my laptop, and these will be well used <3

A letter!~
    43i9dgkt84wj.jpg

Awww you're so thoughtful @#pipe , you're the best <3<3

The gifts! (The tea is already drunk, they were all really so damn tasty)

wscq75q1d9mw.jpg

ahhhhhhhhhh that's so cool! Thank you Satan/#pipe, these are going to be so fun to play & build and I know exactly where I want this lamp to go - my desk has a little ledge I never really knew what to do with and I love that you included an outlet with usb access

<3<3 lots of love

• Options
    edited January 2023
    I love that man's lamps.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Hooray! I'm glad you like all the things!

If you know someone with a 3D printer, I think printing the God Favor tokens for Orlog would make the game much better. As it is, the game is missing some of them. Although that might be a balancing thing? Anyway HAIL SATAN

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I'm definitely going to look into that, and it would be a nice way to paint htem/weather them myself, because while it all looks nice it could all look awesome

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Got home as the light was dying outside to find a package darkening my door. A package I was not expecting.
    F46Qpjrh.png
    A package clearly from Satan. Of Satan.
    l4hEbF3h.png
    I'm a big sucker for art books so it was a pleasant surprise getting this one. There's a ton of good art (especially full page Brom pieces, I had no idea they still did art for 3 and 4). Good commentary on design decisions but the most surprising thing was that it is hands down the best credited artbook I own. Everything is credited to both the artist and the game it's from. Even when they can't find the name of the orignal artist they include it as "uncredited"
    Like look at this page, look at that sidebar that's almost as tall as the actual text.
    VP93uKfh.png

I suppose this means I have a collection at this point huh?
    GWtOPeEh.png

Thanks so much @anoffday

• Options
    Satan!! You are too generous!!!

I have received two packages while I was out of the country and just opened them now. Pictures to come later today when I am less jetlagged to hell and back and can stage some photos!!!

Steam
  • Options
    Oh damn it I forgot to put a note in with my boxes. I'm so good at this thing i've been doing for only like a decade.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I got some packages! What could they be??

RVAPO6ch.jpg

Some things wrapped up very nicely!

kcoQ2kXh.jpg

Oh very cool!

F8dtV8oh.jpg

So that rolled up thing on the right are some grid map mats that you can use with dry erase markers for TTRPGs!

I've never played Marvel Champions, but I'm looking forward to trying it out!

There was a name on the packages, but no note, so I'm not sure of their forum name...

Thanks so much, Satan!!

• Options
    Oh hey, somewhat related to my last post.

My understanding is that the mat is wet erase, so stick to the markers I included or any ones that say “non-permanent” or “wet-erase.” Like if you’d use it on a transparency in middle school it should also work on the mats.

Champions is kind of a silly connection, but we were Facebook friends years ago before I deleted my account, and I’m pretty sure it was to get friend log-in rewards for some marvel squad fighting game that probably hasn’t existed for a decade+ At this point. I think champions is great. It’s kinda like a boss fight simulator as a card game. It’s technically my second favorite of their card games but I thought you’d be into the comics theme.

Also… I can’t believe they took the tube I made by duct taping a bit of two shorter tubes together and put it in a real box. Those cowards.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Hopefully I found all the new giftees since I last did this. @KoopahTroopah I got pretty confused about which of your gifts are Satans and which turned out to be from Steam chat so let me know if I got them wrong

---

JimBobtheMonkey > Kendrik 1 | 2 > Fig-D 1 | 2 > Elvenshae 1 | 2 > Perrsun > Radiation

anoffday > Lasbrook 1 | 2 > Naphtali > Noggin 1 | 2

Skeith > #pipe > Psykoma 1 | 2

Tofystedeth > MNC Dover 1 | 2 | 3 > Brolo

Blackhawk1313 > Goose

Kyougu > Shadowfire

? > StabbityStyle > Handkor > see317 > initiatefailure > Centipede Damascus

? > Antoshka > KoopahTroopah 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 > Bucketman

? > LWT1973 1 | 2 > ArcSyn 1 | 2

? > Radiation > Cameron_Talley

? > Tonkka > Ladybug2332

? > Straightzi

? > smof

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    My satanee did not get their Xmas eve package because Amazon is a liar but they did arrive on the 28th and 29th it says, hopefully they got them!

• Options
    So sorry for not updating yet Satan! My dad was in a collision on Friday when some asshole ran a red light and hit his car, so this weekend has been more caretaking and less wearing cool ass skirts. I hope to have some photos of my swag this week when I reclaim my room! (He's staying in there for now since I spent silly amounts of money on an adjustable frame early pandemic, and his fractured sternum makes it hard to lie down.)

Steam
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    oh jeez, hope he recovers quickly Cello

all the best to your family

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »

He's doing okay all things considered! He just can't lie down or get up without severe pain, and basically any movement that uses his pecs fucks him up. Gonna have to see what insurance does this week with regards to him being unable to work since unfortunately dog training is entirely bending down and using your pecs or whatever.

Given the situation it could have been wayyyy worse so we just gotta kinda roll with it I guess.

Steam
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

He's doing okay all things considered! He just can't lie down or get up without severe pain, and basically any movement that uses his pecs fucks him up. Gonna have to see what insurance does this week with regards to him being unable to work since unfortunately dog training is entirely bending down and using your pecs or whatever.

Given the situation it could have been wayyyy worse so we just gotta kinda roll with it I guess.

Genuinely hope your dad makes a quick and full recovery, but also have to admit this post gave me a mental image of a shirtless guy in a dog training class doing Dave Bautista style pec flexes with a very serious teacher expression on his face

• Options
    Good thoughts your way, Cello. And glad that your pandemic purchase is helping him out.

Ok, Satan, I know I know I owe the post that shares your awesome...BUT I HAVE BEEN USING THEM. So, you know, I'll get on taking a picture today.

And Satanee - you have already received something from me (though you do not know it was me - cackle cackle cackle), but there is something else that is apparently taking a very circuitous route to you. I have exactly zero idea when it will get there and if it'll have a note attached or not. This has been a not at all helpful message. As is Satan's way.

• Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Good thoughts your way, Cello. And glad that your pandemic purchase is helping him out.

Ok, Satan, I know I know I owe the post that shares your awesome...BUT I HAVE BEEN USING THEM. So, you know, I'll get on taking a picture today.

And Satanee - you have already received something from me (though you do not know it was me - cackle cackle cackle), but there is something else that is apparently taking a very circuitous route to you. I have exactly zero idea when it will get there and if it'll have a note attached or not. This has been a not at all helpful message. As is Satan's way.

Next time I'll make sure to buy you something less useful so you'll post pictures more promptly. Like a towel set, or half a dozen boxes of cheezits :p

For reals though, glad you're getting some immediate use out of them. Happy Sataning!

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    Oh right, a week ago SATAN WAS REVEALED TO ME (sorry it took so long to post stuff happened).

I was summoned to a bar, far to the North, and after procuring cans of beer, a note was slid across the table.
    b5p4jfldal9i.jpg

I was very confused.

Then a bag!
    qt155z3y65pb.jpg

Things in the bag!
    kgdbky4atc32.jpg

Funny enough, I was watching a little hockey before the meetup, so had a little holiday cheer in me already, which led to the confusion on my part admittedly. Turns out that @Cello was my Satan and smuggled my gifts in to the United States of America to present them in person! Thank you again for the personal delivery! HAIL SATAN.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    HAI
    LSA
    TAN

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    I have been remiss. I was gifted! It was during a time when the house was being bombarded with boxes such that I couldn’t be 100% sure of the origin of some items. There was however a package that whole non-descript, and unassuming in its nature, was a Satan gift! I received Horizon: Forbidden West and I’m super stoked to play it as I loved the first one to pieces. The behind the scenes actions to ensure I actually received said package also resulted in the reveal of the dark patron who deigned to grace me with it! Thank you @Tef you are awesome!

• Options
    Hopin' to take some pictures on Friday, Satan, now that things are chilling out a little around here! Sorry again for the delay. (Dad is recovering well!)

Steam
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I have received a Mysterious Package that I suspect might be related to all this business

Updates soon, possibly split into a couple parts

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Got home as the light was dying outside to find a package darkening my door. A package I was not expecting.
    F46Qpjrh.png
    A package clearly from Satan. Of Satan.
    l4hEbF3h.png
    I'm a big sucker for art books so it was a pleasant surprise getting this one. There's a ton of good art (especially full page Brom pieces, I had no idea they still did art for 3 and 4). Good commentary on design decisions but the most surprising thing was that it is hands down the best credited artbook I own. Everything is credited to both the artist and the game it's from. Even when they can't find the name of the orignal artist they include it as "uncredited"
    Like look at this page, look at that sidebar that's almost as tall as the actual text.
    VP93uKfh.png

I suppose this means I have a collection at this point huh?
    GWtOPeEh.png

Thanks so much @anoffday

Should be one more on the way.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Satan! I made time to take photos yesterday! Admittedly my hair is a bit of a mess after digging us out from like a foot and a half of snow, but ah well

I received two packages! The first was a set of items from Fangamer - wound up being a good thing I sighed heavily at the price of the Tales of Symphonia records while in Seattle because you got me one!!!
    wdpbldnorfye.jpeg

denvhlqc3mrb.jpeg

0st72rg01krp.jpeg

qp7bv2bby7iu.jpeg

dgcb9indifnm.jpeg

It also included an Undertale annoying dog pin, which now sits perched across from the cute Koromaru dog pin I got from Seattle too - pin theming!! I've only just now got a bag I feel comfortable decking out in pins - this bag is effectively my office when I'm carrying my stuff in for an in-building work day - so this is a fun way to tell people I like dogs that you can't get rid of!!
    j7j2ggt6hdm4.jpeg

6ewxbmg7zwpz.jpeg

Last but not least, this kickass Hades mat for my desk - it makes all the PC gaming I do feel very important:
    axq2k84jiwgf.jpeg

The second package came from Dark Western / Y'Allternative Toronto brand Katakomb!! And frankly, it rocks

The biggest piece was this suspender based dress which will increase my goth points by I assume at least 100, as well as this elastic belt that I'm very excited to try to use with some self-made dresses I'm hoping to do this year:
    fqikpcwzq0k9.jpeg

Also these pleather gloves with spider details! Tried 'em on, super comfy and pliable, very excited to put these into use in Canadian winter. Plus they seem to make me move very fast based on the motion blur I accidentally included in the photo!
    mo61nny2233v.jpeg

And also these fun harnesses! One with wings, one quick-deploy with buckles. These are my first ones and I'm eager to try them with a variety of outfits! Also potentially a good option to spice up work outfits once I leave the office if I'm going out after, I'm thinking:
    bg1pg1nju9o4.jpeg

fefdnzmiczjt.jpeg

rhpzm7vurcao.jpeg

y10pxa2guk4d.jpeg

No notes in either package so my Satan remains a ~mystery~, but I am absolutely delighted by the gifts so far in the middle of a dreary January winter!!!

Cello on
    Steam
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Satan! I made time to take photos yesterday! Admittedly my hair is a bit of a mess after digging us out from like a foot and a half of snow, but ah well

I received two packages! The first was a set of items from Fangamer - wound up being a good thing I sighed heavily at the price of the Tales of Symphonia records while in Seattle because you got me one!!!
    wdpbldnorfye.jpeg

denvhlqc3mrb.jpeg

0st72rg01krp.jpeg

qp7bv2bby7iu.jpeg

dgcb9indifnm.jpeg

It also included an Undertale annoying dog pin, which now sits perched across from the cute Koromaru dog pin I got from Seattle too - pin theming!! I've only just now got a bag I feel comfortable decking out in pins - this bag is effectively my office when I'm carrying my stuff in for an in-building work day - so this is a fun way to tell people I like dogs that you can't get rid of!!
    j7j2ggt6hdm4.jpeg

6ewxbmg7zwpz.jpeg

Last but not least, this kickass Hades mat for my desk - it makes all the PC gaming I do feel very important:
    axq2k84jiwgf.jpeg

The second package came from Dark Western / Y'Allternative Toronto brand Katakomb!! And frankly, it rocks

The biggest piece was this suspender based dress which will increase my goth points by I assume at least 100, as well as this elastic belt that I'm very excited to try to use with some self-made dresses I'm hoping to do this year:
    fqikpcwzq0k9.jpeg

Also these pleather gloves with spider details! Tried 'em on, super comfy and pliable, very excited to put these into use in Canadian winter. Plus they seem to make me move very fast based on the motion blur I accidentally included in the photo!
    mo61nny2233v.jpeg

And also these fun harnesses! One with wings, one quick-deploy with buckles. These are my first ones and I'm eager to try them with a variety of outfits! Also potentially a good option to spice up work outfits once I leave the office if I'm going out after, I'm thinking:
    bg1pg1nju9o4.jpeg

fefdnzmiczjt.jpeg

rhpzm7vurcao.jpeg

y10pxa2guk4d.jpeg

No notes in either package so my Satan remains a ~mystery~, but I am absolutely delighted by the gifts so far in the middle of a dreary January winter!!!

Your Satan was unable to include messages in the shipping but we reveal themself shortly I assure you. :)

• Options
    edited January 2023
    (This arrived a bit ago but I am delayed in posting this)
    As it was foretold in the ancient scriptures (letter in the box) the package-that-might-have-arrived-first-but-actually-arrived-last has arrived.
    3s825zg13dez.jpeg
    qmyjh2gd4ni8.jpeg
    198bd0o2jpfv.jpeg

A hat that is me-sized and a pair of shirts for my kids. Based on a minor league baseball team with strong emotional ties to the sender!

Thanks again @Elvenshae !

Perrsun on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    hey now that we're at the halfway point of January

anybody who has NOT sent their gift
    or
    anybody who has NOT received their gift

could you send me a PM?

there's still a bunch of time left, so don't worry, just gotta make sure nothing is getting lost in transit

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    The package I was forewarned about arrived today!
    LQlmJuvh.png
    Whatever it was sounded like it was sliding around in the package so I tore into it with devilish speed.
    t9OL2V7h.png
    Resident Evil 2 Remake!
    Thankfully the disc WAS just loose in the case but doesn't look like it got a single scratch.
    Fun fact, unless you want to count the like 1/3rd of RE7 I played on PC, this will be the first RE game I've played on a console other than a Nintendo one. I've only played RE2 on N64, and RE1&4 on gamecube. I'm excited to finally see how X is gonna give it to me.

Thanks again @anoffday !

Also, I got to play a bit more Strafe and Dusk this weekend and those games are definitely aimed right at me. Dusk even has a fake DOS bootup scroll and an alternate color palette based on Quake which I appreciate. Strafe hasn't quite clicked with me as a roguelike but it's got style (and FMV cutscenes that you can make look incredibly terrible in a good way).

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I sent my Satanee a digital good, but am sending the physical goods this weekend.