As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ONLY post in this thread if the day in the usa is thursday

• Options
    Up JobUp Job Registered User regular
    Everyone pump up the volume on Song 2, it's officially Blursday

woo hoo

This just made me remember as a kid having a prayer I would recite in my mind when going to bed. I don't remember exactly how it went, there was a bit where I thanked god for their good work on all planets in all universes and another where I repeated "If you give me a scary dream I'll only get scareder" five times. But anyways the outro to my prayer was, for some reason, Song 2.

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    I don't alway listen to Hall and Oates, but when I do it's usually just Out of Touch on a Thursday.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited May 2023
    You should listen to Garfunkel and Oates instead

https://youtu.be/7yxQKxm76TQ

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Suppose they had a Thursday and nobody came

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Second personal Thursday discovery. There's a band called Thursday.

Here's the first youtube video that pops up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-cepZ6K7mY

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I thought everyone knew that song. I feel old.

Also today me and a few friends went to the Great Dismal Swamp for the first time. It was pretty nice! but also you can see why people in the 18th century fucking hated it. Except for enslaved people who self-liberated and hid there where white people didn't want to go.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    amj68x8quxjs.png

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Glad that's over with

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Going out to vote for local councils on this Thursday morn

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    what if thursdays stopped existing

most horrifying future imaginable

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Have voted

Not for anyone you'd know. I'm a hipster voter

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz2e-l82gx8

This song was apparently released today, and I have no clue how I found it as it won't show up again in searches.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i have been trying to atone for how bad last thursday was since it happened

surely this thursday will be better

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    that’s today

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    It's Thor's day here in blighty

• Options
    Folks, we can't keep doing this. Have you heard about Peak Thursday? Thursdays are a non-renewable resource, and we are burning through them at a horrifying rate in this thread. We just had a Thursday! Maybe ride that high for another week, plan to stretch out Wednesday a bit instead of ripping open a fresh new Thursday just because it's May 18.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I would rather shoot a sea turtle in the back of the head execution style than give up Thursdays.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This is the worst kind of Thursday.

A Thursday that feels like a Friday

Jerk

• Options
    this is the last thursday of my 12 week parental leave 😔

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I’m just glad it’s already noon…

What do you mean 9:49?!?!?

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Dang I almost thought it was a Wednesday!!!!!!!!

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

is the child prepared for the Thursdays to come

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Only 39 minutes of Thursday left.

:(

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    thursday why would you do this to me.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Walked up to a medical clinic to give them a check from my mum for services rendered for her foot ouchies on this Thursday.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Today is a Friday in disguise for me. Tomorrow I have a concert which means I don't have lessons. I'm playing a solo feature on the concert too which should be fun.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Since I missed last Thursday, I thought I'd give an actual Thursday Trivia:

Allergists say though it's currently very rare (approx 1 case per 100,000,000 people), allergies to Thursdays are on the rise. Symptoms include sweating, death, thinking it's Friday, and swelling of anal glands.
    Treatments are rare and expensive. Epipens provide some relief,but the most effective treatment is to hangout near the International Date Line and hop back and forth to avoid Thursdays.

• Options
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »

is the child prepared for the Thursdays to come

he’ll have to be

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I'm in the dentist waiting room waiting to get root canal #2
    They're 20 minutes late which is making things worse

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited May 2023
    I was sick as hell yesterday (flu, negative for COVID) so I told work I wouldn't be coming in. Didn't work from home, just stayed horizontal most of the day downing DayQuil to keep my symptoms in check and playing some Zelda when my brain wasn't total mush. Went to sleep tossing and turning.

This morning I woke up covered in sweat nearly 2 hours into my shift. Whoops. My fever must have broke last night because I feel much better today. That, the 10 hours of sleep, and all the adrenaline from waking up, looking at my phone, seeing the time, noticing 7 missed texts from my co-workers, and saying "ohshitohshitohshitohshitohshit" out loud upon putting it all together.

Back in bed now after panicking for a bit and texting work/my coworkers back. Maybe I'll do some work from home around lunch time. Could check my emails. Or I could leave it all for Friday me. That sounds more likely.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

I feel like cartoons and old tv conditioned me to think root canals were the worst thing imaginable, and then when I got one a handful of years back it was pretty easy.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Tooth extraction involves a lot of tooth-scale gore and drilling so it's pretty scary to think about (to me), even if the actual process is not a big deal to perform to dentists.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Tooth scale is a condition that often requires a root canal to fully rectify.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Today being Thursday means that tomorrow is Friday, and that means I am going to see The Melvins and Mr. Bungle with two of my best friends. Pretty neat I have to say.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »

I feel like cartoons and old tv conditioned me to think root canals were the worst thing imaginable, and then when I got one a handful of years back it was pretty easy.

I got 4 in one sitting, the worst things i remember are the vibrations throughout my head and the smell

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Last time I had a root canal I surprised myself by NOT having a panic attack.

There were some close calls though. That thing they put in your mouth to hold it open fucks with my head

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    All happy Thursdays are alike; each unhappy Thursday is unhappy in its own way.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    hi thursday thread

TIL that barnacles are crustaceans????

i always assumed they were akin to like a oyster or sea urchin or what have you but naw, there's a whole ass arthropod in there

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    and they have the largest penis relative to their body size of any animal in the world

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Not at work means good Thursday

This discussion has been closed.