As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ONLY post in this thread if the day in the usa is thursday

1777879808183»

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    moon's haunted

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2023
    https://youtube.com/shorts/MsX5n7uA_9M?si=TxJ0SJRysGaHql1L

on second thought i'm just not gonna let that embed cos the thumbnail isn't working

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm running on the Destroy the Sun campaign personally

Elect me to, I dunno, some office of note, and I will do everything I can to ensure that we destroy the sun within my lifetime

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    "This is the land of Narnia," said the Faun, "where we are now; all that lies between the lamp-post and the great castle of Cair Paravel on the eastern sea. And you—you have come from the wild woods of the west?"

"I—I got in through the wardrobe in the spare room," said Lucy.

"Ah!" said Mr. Tumnus in a rather melancholy voice, "if only I had worked harder at geography when I was a little Faun, I should no doubt know all about those strange countries. It is too late now."

"But they aren't countries at all," said Lucy, almost laughing. "It's only just back there—at least—I'm not sure. It is Friday there."

"Meanwhile," said Mr. Tumnus, "it is Thursday in Narnia, and has been for ever so long, and we shall both catch cold if we stand here talking in the snow. Daughter of Eve from the far land of Spare Oom where eternal Friday reigns around the bright city of War Drobe, how would it be if you came and had tea with me?"

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Now that I've put in notice at work, my motivation to do anything productive has predictably fallen into the toilet. I'm WFH today, I've taken one (1) meeting and looked at one (1) ticket. I'll probably get a bit more done this afternoon, emphasis on "a bit"

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    just one more thing… did you know it was Thursday when you got here, or did you learn it when you arrived?

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    it isn't thursday not yet not in my heart it is not yet close enough to friday yet

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I burned a sick day yesterday because I woke up feeling like crap, so I don't even know what day it is now. I don't work weekends so it's still very much a Thursday, but it's also like Monday Jr. It has that similar feeling of getting caught up on stuff people emailed me during my time off.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    It is 3:30pm on Thursday and I've just realized I have not drunk a single drop of water today

Guess that's why they call it thirsty thursday

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Got out of work even stupidly later than usually stupid-late, almost got sideswiped by a piece of shit while driving home, and my throat is still killing me

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    it is thursday and i actively need to look for a new job

feel like getting a text about work from your boss that knows you're in the emergency room seals the deal on moving on

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    This Thursday I learned about the annual people realignment decisions for 2024

I will be reporting to my old boss again

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I don't recall your old boss; is that good or bad?

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Ave Bossa nova, similis bossa seneca

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    I don't recall your old boss; is that good or bad?

It’s fine

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    You can't spell Thursday without Shurt Day

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    yurt shad

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    An interesting Thursday. I was late to work and spent most of it in a haze from two hours of sleep, and afterwards while at the gas station was told that my car was leaking gasoline which is Not Good.

However I've now confirmed my suspicions about the car at least. It's not leaking gasoline, that large splash underneath was a result of the nozzle on the pump having a faulty sensor and it didn't turn completely off when the shutoff occurred. So when I pulled it out gasoline splashed everywhere including underneath the car, with the dripping from the chassis probably from it traveling along the wheel well or something. After getting it back to my apartment, thankfully two buildings away from the gas station, I decided to trust my gut and let it sit there for a few hours. If I was right that it had been from the faulty nozzle then the dripping would stop soon and the gasoline would evaporate. If I was not, there'd be a puddle under my car and I'd have to go from there.

There was no puddle or dripping just now, only a stained spot about the size of a baseball on the asphalt that wasn't even wet anymore, and a cursory google search confirmed that gasoline can stain blacktop so that's clearly just from the original spillage.

Thank fuck because that could've been an expensive repair and I kinda need the car Saturday for a day trip to meet family.

• Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    america can, should, must, and will blow up the moon

6q1elucnvxl0.jpeg

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    happy Fortnite Thursday everyone

(I played a lot of Fortnite tonight of various varieties, had some sick Rock Band 5 Festival groups and almost Full Combo'd a few songs but now my hands are killing me lol)

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    So over Thursdays. Tuesdays rule.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    !
    Naphtali wrote: »
    moon's haunted

What?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited December 2023
    I forget who made those moons haunted stickers but I kinda wish I had one

Edit shit I forgot what day it was fuck

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    !
    Naphtali wrote: »
    moon's haunted

What?

moon's haunted

it's how we keep the aliens away, ghosts > aliens; you can learn more about it in the documentary on the subject, dandadan

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited December 2023
    Ah fuck didn't see what thread I'm in

Madican on
  • Options
    maliya1maliya1 Registered User new member
    Due to various complications, I'm down to four guests for dinner and roleplaying who can't arrive until after five and have to leave by eight

Also I found out just in time that I've first is allergic to nuts and legumes, so I swapped the lentil shepherd's pie to a fake chicken pot pie, but he kept going on about "oh don't worry about me I'm used to not eating out" so I'm unsure whether he's going to risk some kind of nut cross contamination

Hosting is stressful y'all, but at least I get to try out some Christmas dinner ideas ahead of time

Hi,
    Hosting can be a rollercoaster, especially with dietary restrictions to consider! It's great that you're accommodating your friend's allergies, but it's understandable to feel uncertain about potential cross-contamination risks. Communication is key, so maybe have a quick chat with your friend to ensure they're comfortable with the menu changes. In the end, your effort and consideration will surely be appreciated. Enjoy experimenting with Christmas dinner ideas—it's all part of the festive fun.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited December 2023
    The dinner was called off in the end because enough people were poorly that we weren't quorate, but you make good points for next time 👍

Edit: fuck, you tricked me into posting a day early in the Thursday thread 😫

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The fuck is going on here!!

• Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    The fuck is going on here!!

How can us foreigners even know when its thrusday in the US, we use the metric system!

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    You aren’t going to trick me into posting in here again….

Fuck!

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    mods??

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    that's not today

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Literally ONE RULE

This discussion has been closed.