As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo] ... please move on to new thread ...

• Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    Still in the first village area with my Necro and loving the skellymans so far, but I've already run into what I'm hoping is a bug: skeletons don't auto-aggro on things if you're not considered "in combat". I've already run into packs and gotten walloped before my minions bothered to do anything.

Opposite for me, enemies run right at my skeletons and I literally sit back and boner them up without any aggro. Seems busted so not sure if I liked it.

Also the skeletons skipping once you get to town because of the netplay is incredibly jarring.

Yeah, the enemies do go for the skeletons, but so far they don't seem to entirely keep up outside of combat so I'm often the closest target when I run into some mobs. Until my minions or myself get attacked, the minions will just sit there.

It's mostly a problem when I'm running towards some offscreen mobs that are also running towards me, or when I open a door in a dungeon and there's mobs immediately on the other side.

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    137 minute queue. Then it fails to log me in and puts me in a 140 minute queue.

I guess there'll be no Diablo tonight.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I was just playing and the game kind of pissed me off. I was doing the Act I pilgrimage quest and there is a monster at the end of it that was pretty much impossible to beat at my level. Then, I did a dungeon and the boss was impossible to beat. So, I quit the dungeon.

I am trying to hit level 20 and the game starts pulling this shit. So, I have made it to 19 now. Not much of a way to go.

I will just find some random dungeons and finish it off.

Seriously, WTF?, game

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Fiskebent wrote: »

Maybe not, but a bit too soon to tell for tonight unless you can't play then. Queue times went down as we went last week, though of course more people now.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    So necros have some fun legendaries...
    the sythe that makes blood mist pop corpse explosion with all the corpse gen passives is insane lol

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Went through queue again, but crashed at completion

• Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »

Maybe not, but a bit too soon to tell for tonight unless you can't play then. Queue times went down as we went last week, though of course more people now.

I guess I should have specified my timezone. I'm in Europe, so in 2 hours it's going to be 10 PM. And I'm not betting on it letting me in when this queue finishes :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    Got in after a 20min queue, so I've been playing for three hours straight now
    yeah.

e: now that I posted, it seems to be stuck on a loading screen. Classic!

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    just imagine if there was a single player mode and we all could be playing right now!

• Options
    So yeah Necro may be stronger than sorc.

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Jars wrote: »
    just imagine if there was a single player mode and we all could be playing right now!

Adding to that: I don't think I like that other people are running around in the game. Like, they try so hard (one might argue too hard) to make this grimdark, cinematic experience and one second later there's like four dudes standing in front of my wardrobe and stash. Poof, there goes that feeling they try to build.

It's okay in the world events, but often it *feels* like I'm running into an area where there just happens to be someone five steps ahead of me, already murdering "my" enemies. It probably doesn't actually work that way, xp-wise, but still. I could do without that stuff.

e: yeah okay, I'm not sitting in a queue for >2.5h, enough for today : )

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Much like Barbs I have mixed feelings on the Druid shapeshifting system. It's completely seamless, which on one hand is cool, but on the other hand essentially means that it's cosmetic only and you can use every ability whenever. There do seem to be passives that apply only while shifted though, I think they should lean more into that. Maybe the level 15 mechanic does, IDK.

It's really more a thematic complaint than anything. I do like that I don't have to specialize super heavily towards a single playstyle.

• Options
    edited March 2023
    So just to say it ..

If this game was single player only we wouldnt be playing it right now. Being sp would mean it doesn't need a big stress test...

And if it had a sp it would be disabled to test the online too. .

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

Adding to that: I don't think I like that other people are running around in the game. Like, they try so hard (one might argue too hard) to make this grimdark, cinematic experience and one second later there's like four dudes standing in front of my wardrobe and stash. Poof, there goes that feeling they try to build.

It's okay in the world events, but often it *feels* like I'm running into an area where there just happens to be someone five steps ahead of me, already murdering "my" enemies. It probably doesn't actually work that way, xp-wise, but still. I could do without that stuff.

that, and their names are floating above their heads and wouldn't you know it, the great hero, "XxTSwiftLifexX" is out there in Sanctuary, lending you a hand...

• Options
    edited March 2023
    el_vicio wrote: »

Yeah. This also happened with Diablo 3. People are doing the stuff that you want to do. Now, they are these events in the game.

An analogy for this would be to buy a meatball sub at Subway and, just when you sit down to eat it, someone snatches it out of you hands and eats it in front of you.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    I have the impression that for me the queue counter is 2 times the time in reality; my counter said 120 minutes, but after half an hour it’s now at 60 minutes

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    So just to say it ..

If this game was single player only we wouldnt be playing it right now. Being sp would mean it doesn't need a big stress test...

And if it had a sp it would be disabled to test the online too. .

Yeah I hate the always online stuff a bunch too, but this event is only happening because they need to stress test their servers and try to avoid a repeat of the D3 launch.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I'm not mad about the queues or whatever, that's expected. It's a stress test (and of course, marketing/there to create buzz)

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    edited March 2023
    I haden't seen anything on trading in D4, so I looked it up. Apparently, you can't trade legendaries and uniques. Only rares and below. That's kind of a bummer. I liked trading in D2.

Fiskebent on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I haden't seen anything on trading in D4, so I looked it up. Apparently, you can't trade legendaries and uniques. Only rares and below. That's kind of a bummer. I liked trading in D2.

Huh. They probably want to kneecap the grey market as hard as they can.

cynical bonus: what if a future battlepass feature increased the legendary drop rate

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular

Yeah it's a bit annoying to pick up a Legendary Mrs. Red Robe could use and just, not being able to hand it to her.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I am guessing trying to recreate the same hero 3 times while getting errors screwed up the game, so it is telling me to scan and repair now.

Probably said it last time, but just clicked through the error message

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I've only tried Druid so far, but I don't think this feels nearly as good as Diablo 3.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Might I interest you in playing Hellgate London? There is a free server running now.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Hmm yeah i just got stuck on an infinite loading screen leaving a cellar.
    Had to alt+f4 out and now I'm in a queue for 17 mins. Wonder if it kept my spot somewhat?

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Quite curious to see how game performance and such is this weekend. Got a full work day ahead before getting to play again. Necro is on the menu.
    I'm going to guess rubber-band city.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I have been enjoying the random co-op events that occur. Just spices things up nicely. Reminds me a bit of ye olde Rift. I still have my collector's edition box of that game on the shelf.

• Options
    They have said for a long time now it won't be predatory. And immortal turned out fine and reasonable for that genre. So no reason to believe it won't be what they said like Immortal was.

You get free respecs until 15 also so just play around. I am using just decompose and blight with minion nodes and passives for corpse gen and minion dmg and life and it is really strong so far.
    Technically the free respecs end at like level 8. That's when the gold cost kicks in.

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Might I interest you in playing Hellgate London? There is a free server running now.

Ooooh. Far from a perfect game, but I'm always up to give it a spin every few years....

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    forty wrote: »
    They have said for a long time now it won't be predatory. And immortal turned out fine and reasonable for that genre. So no reason to believe it won't be what they said like Immortal was.

You get free respecs until 15 also so just play around. I am using just decompose and blight with minion nodes and passives for corpse gen and minion dmg and life and it is really strong so far.
    Technically the free respecs end at like level 8. That's when the gold cost kicks in.

Oh thanks. My bad

• Options
    Fiatil wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »

Ooooh. Far from a perfect game, but I'm always up to give it a spin every few years....

Dotter's screeching "hellowwww" is seared into my mind

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I am guessing trying to recreate the same hero 3 times while getting errors screwed up the game, so it is telling me to scan and repair now.

Probably said it last time, but just clicked through the error message
    I had this happen last weekend, and when I finally gave up on creating the character and ended up re-logging in, I had like 8 copies of her in my selection screen.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    kevin smith huge tchorts

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    I've only tried Druid so far, but I don't think this feels nearly as good as Diablo 3.

I mean the gameplay experience you get in the first few hours of a Diablo game bears no resemblance to the endgame. Everybody said D3 was boring too when all we had in beta was the section up to Leoric.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    there definitely aren't enough ways for enemies to die

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    Zek wrote: »
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

I mean the gameplay experience you get in the first few hours of a Diablo game bears no resemblance to the endgame. Everybody said D3 was boring too when all we had in beta was the section up to Leoric.

D3 up to Leoric was less boring even. The ramp-up of skill acquisition is much slower here. You got a few levels where you are enhancing your one or two skills instead of filling up the bar with skills ASAP. And up to Kyovashad the only interesting standard enemy has been the fallen shamans. No enemies exploding into writhing eels, no zombies rising out of the ground, no uniques with weird affixes.Apparently there is a standard skeleton mob that just generates clockwork lasers, which is kind of neat, and I did like the first boss, but that's been it.

Not judging the game long-term at this point, maybe simplicity is good for a wider audience, but this one has a slower start. And some of us are not going to be grinding high level endlessly and want a decent mid-game experience at the very least on the first go. I do love the presentation, story and cinematic stuff though (the things no-one says an ARPG needs), so hopefully that will carry me to where the gameplay starts picking up.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    Yeah there is something oddly same-y about the encounters. The only "memorable" ones so far were those world event things where, idk, you have to stop some summoning thing. But there's no tangible ramp-up of mobs to a rare or unique mob, like in the cave of evil in D2, for example

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2023
    So I have a few legendaries on my nec, at lvl 15.

I have one that pulls people into where my Blight hits. Then they are stuck in the AoE that increases their dmg. The Reaver Skellies makes corpses on hit so it’s easy to just wipe everything out with corpse explosion.

I see nerfs in the necros future, it’s just too easy.

I played a Druid to lvl 10 and it’s a stark contrast to level of ease.

Prob take a break and play RE4 later. Come back to D4 tomorrow.

Dixon on
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Those cheeky bastards have removed the option to report bugs/feedback in the game itself! Then I looked at the Blizzard forums for reporting a bug and quickly backed out of there because of all the negativity there…

I liked that option of being able to report stuff in-game!

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Oh and what was this about a "story reset." One of the earliest key NPCs you meet, the one who looks like will be the "Deckard Cain" for this game giving you your primary quest...

MaleCloaked_Portrait.png

Lorath Nahr. Leader of the "new horadrim," servant of Tyreal in Reaper of Souls:

IEyGrXH.png

This discussion has been closed.