Options

[chat] about public transport

HonkHonk Honk is this poster.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
bwoqg9mllr7b.jpeg
We sometimes take the train to places that are not where we currently are.

PSN: Honkalot

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Somehow not being Chanus has left a gaping hole in my heart

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    But also, adorbs

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Choo choo!

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    TTODewback wrote: »

I, too, sometimes weep that I am not Chanus

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

i am honks other child

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Whenever I feel this way, it helps to remind myself that not being Chanus lets me better admire Chanus.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    We each have a Chanus-sized hole

which we all yearn for Chanus to fill

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Whenever I feel this way, it helps to remind myself that not being Chanus lets me better admire Chanus.

So, what you're saying is that Chanus is incapable of admiring Chanus?

That's...hm that might check out, actually.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    We’re taking that very train tomorrow to get the stroller serviced because one of the wheels is randomly falling off.

Also taking the opportunity to get lunch with Beep’s aunt (my sister) who works close to that shop. Beep really loves her aunt!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Can Chanus chanus a Chanus too chanus for Chanus to admire?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    8809516858b36afa9ed02bf5a15e416b.jpg

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited January 22
    God it’s depressing how the US doesn’t have a viable train system outside a few high-density corridors

Just traveling across my state, an Amtrak ticket is more expensive than the fuel costs of driving, and the trip takes 3x as long for some insane reason

Edit: although i’m 90% certain part of that is they manipulate the timetable for the tourists, so that the train is always going through the mountains at sunrise/sunset

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    God it’s depressing how the US doesn’t have a viable train system outside a few high-density corridors

Just traveling across my state, an Amtrak ticket is more expensive than the fuel costs of driving, and the trip takes 3x as long for some insane reason

I too have the notrain sads

1920_v_NOW_MAP-min.jpg?fm=jpg&fit=fill&w=1600&q=80

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    a friend of mine has decided to relocate from Dublin to Amsterdam and cited the much better train system as the number two reason

im bummed but also hell yeah trains rock

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    a friend of mine has decided to relocate from Dublin to Amsterdam and cited the much better train system as the number two reason

im bummed but also hell yeah trains rock

I think we both know the lack of a whitewater rapid complex is the number one reason.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Riot is laying off 530 people (11% of staff) and reducing the size of its Legends of Runeterra team. The company is offering a minimum 6 months' salary, cash bonus, career support and personal computer to those impacted:

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    If there’s anything I’ve learned about life

Everyone is somewhere all the time and

Its never been more like it is than now

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    omfg those blue eyes...

cutest baby 2023 for sure.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited January 22
    h183cqxn734n.jpeg

Havelock2.0 on
    You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    She baba on my ga until I noush

(I’m roasting eggplants)

• Options
    I’m mad I missed the anime page

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options

never forget what they took from us

• Options

o54sbga6a1nk.jpeg

• Options
    it’s wild seeing a comedian who used to post on r/standup like 8 years ago be on Netflix

• Options

o54sbga6a1nk.jpeg

Part of the problem was a new international border complicating a lot of those lines.

Also

ni-map-3.jpg?resize=780%2C551&ssl=1

• Options
    Derry City suffered economically very hard after partition when up to have of the economic activity that used to flow into it became another country.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I am really frustrated.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I live in suburbia so public transportation is not really an option.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Feral wrote: »
    Can Chanus chanus a Chanus too chanus for Chanus to admire?

mu

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Chanus is as Chanus does

• Options
    hubuguhununihuhubu

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I am really frustrated.

What about

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Six months severance? Wow.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 23
    when I see things like 6 months of severance I feel a sense of deep jealousy thats unfair because they have the stress of finding a new job but goddamn

six months

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Hmm I only now thought to google it, the night before. But the internet tells me that my failure to try and apprehend at least a few common phrases before going to Montreal makes me a boorish, self centered American

Weep

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    i want six months off. i took 3 weeks in December and I felt so amazing. so fresh and sharp. I learned so much and did so many projects.

I hugged my puppies in bed for an hour every morning while we slowly woke up, then went for a long walk. they ate breakfast while I made a cappuccino and sipped it while watching a youtube video

then I'd move on to whatever interested me

I ate better food because I had the time to make it.

y'all it was incredible

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Ha I think my girlfriend just left me.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    GiantGeek2020GiantGeek2020 Registered User regular
    edited January 23
    Honk wrote: »
    bwoqg9mllr7b.jpeg
    We sometimes take the train to places that are not where we currently are.

Why do I get the feeling that adorable baby is on her way to solve crimes, interrogate suspects and look pensively out at snow?

Also why do I automatically label Honk as the more relaxed, more stable junior partner in that relationship?

Like Beep is clearly the grizzled vet and Honk is experienced, but not really expected to rise past the rank of detective.

GiantGeek2020 on
  • Options
    GiantGeek2020GiantGeek2020 Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Ha I think my girlfriend just left me.

bro.png

This discussion has been closed.