Options

[Eve Online Special Edition] Expansions, Mac/Linux Clients, and newbie drive

• Options
    EyeguyEyeguy Registered User new member
    edited February 2008
    Hello. Aikai is my name and I'm on my way to apply!

Oh, and I've got your donuts..

Eyeguy on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ParkingtigersParkingtigers Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So, I've just downloaded the trial. I don't know when I'll be along to apply though, internet access is still iffy so I'm going to piss about with the tutorials and things.

Wow this is intimidating stuff. I've spent the last 4 hours staring at menus and windows and wondering what the hell anything does. It's wonderful.

Please accept me into Merch Industrial, I'll be heading along to the nearest office just as soon as I can. My in game name is Parkingtigers. I didn't follow any of the character creation guides, I just poked with the menus until I found something that I was happy with. I'm a Gallente that looks the spitting image of Gary Numan, Christ knows how that happened.

Parkingtigers on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] sig.gif
  • Options
    ParkingtigersParkingtigers Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Eyeguy wrote: »
    Hello. Aikai is my name and I'm on my way to apply!

Oh, and I've got your donuts..

Hey, Aikai was the first MerchI player I saw in game as I was heading to the jumpgate on the first courier mission. I have to admit I got a little excited to see the [ohgod] tag on the display.

Parkingtigers on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] sig.gif
  • Options
    ButterOrGunzButterOrGunz Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've been thinking about getting into eve for a while, and when this thread caught my eye I decided to download the trial.

My character's name is Osoto Otoshi. I am interested in the whole tackling/interceptor side of things, and I thought naming myself after a Judo throw would be amusing, especially as I'm a Caldari Achura. I went with the PvE build to start since it has the electronic warfare skills.

I pretty much just made my character and set something to train (Electronics IV) before logging off last night as my download didn't finish until late, but I'll probably be on some tonight to get through the tutorial and do the whole application procedure.

Also, for those of you who are unfamiliar with Osoto Otoshi:
    osotootoshi714.gif

(Imagine BoB is the blue guy ;-))

ButterOrGunz on
  • Options
    gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Two men making out in their pajamas?

gilrain on
  • Options
    VisibleManVisibleMan Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Downloaded this expecting to hate it, and I found myself actually pretty interested thus far.

Character name is Mori Azaz. About to submit my application.

spy128.jpg

VisibleMan on
  • Options
    ButterOrGunzButterOrGunz Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    gilrain wrote: »
    Two men making out in their pajamas?

Clearly, that's the point of grappling arts. To put two men into vaguely sexual situations wearing clothing that could be confused for sleepwear.

(I do Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and whenever I see my dad he asks me if I like having sex with men. I then ask if he'd like me to break his arm.)

ButterOrGunz on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It's kind of depressing that there's still 7 days till I get JDC 5, and then I'm going to have to go train something more useful like Shield Emissions and Capital Shield Emissions to do anything productive for a while.

That's my major problem too. Since I'm only a few weeks old, give or take, my character doesn't have a lot of skills everyone else takes for granted, like Hull Upgrades 5 and the like.

Everyone's like "Why aren't you wearing Damage Resistance Gear?" "Um, what?" "Damage... wait, what's your Hull Upgrades?" "I have HU1..." "WTFOMGBBQ"

KiTA on
  • Options
    ShagohadShagohad Registered User new member
    edited February 2008
    Hello, posting to say I am flying over to Mista to apply to join Merch. My ingame name is Shy Gal, I am a caldari flying a kestral, im about halfway through my freetrial, I plan on subscribing but im going to wait till the end of free might as well not waste the opportunity. This is my second time around I played for about a month a year or so ago, but life didn't really give me the time and I kind of lost interest. I am taking a more casual approach this time around, I also play wow so I have something to fall back on during long skill training sessions. I have been an avid penny arcade fan for years and would love to join up with a corp that shares the same interests of fun and conquest :)

Merch or die!

Shagohad on
  • Options
    eatblueshelleatblueshell Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Shagohad wrote: »
    Hello, posting to say I am flying over to Mista to apply to join Merch. My ingame name is Shy Gal, I am a caldari flying a kestral, im about halfway through my freetrial, I plan on subscribing but im going to wait till the end of free might as well not waste the opportunity. This is my second time around I played for about a month a year or so ago, but life didn't really give me the time and I kind of lost interest. I am taking a more casual approach this time around, I also play wow so I have something to fall back on during long skill training sessions. I have been an avid penny arcade fan for years and would love to join up with a corp that shares the same interests of fun and conquest :)

Merch or die!

Tits or GTFO.

eatblueshell on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Wow. Got disconnected at the start of the big op and can't reconnect.

Just as well, I was honestly just taking up space.

KiTA on
  • Options
    MidshipmanMidshipman Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    KiTA wrote: »

That's the wrong attitude. Everyone plays a part in Goonswarm, even if you're just a newb in a frigate with no guns.

Midshipman on
    midshipman.jpg
  • Options
    DavorDavor Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Midshipman wrote: »
    KiTA wrote: »

That's the wrong attitude. Everyone plays a part in Goonswarm, even if you're just a newb in a frigate with no guns.

Limed for truth. Most fun I've had was in an out-of-ammo, no-way-to-get-more tackling frigate yesterday.

Davor on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm gonna warn ya newbies: DON'T TALK ON BIG FLEET OPS. If you say one thing wrong, you could accidentally inflict big damages. This is why I don't play EVE anymore. Awesome game, but any screwups you make hurt. Bad. I still owe Merch some cash for some tiny shit that exploded into blowing up a friendly capital ship because I said the wrong thing at the wrong time. Don't risk screwing up.

Corp and GFFM should be fine, though. Emphasis on should be.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Opsec. Live it, then stfu about it.
    Opsec is short for Operations Security/Secrecy, it just means to keep your damn dirty spy mouths shut. ;) I wink but seriously, shuttie.

Davor on
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    I'm gonna warn ya newbies: DON'T TALK ON BIG FLEET OPS. If you say one thing wrong, you could accidentally inflict big damages. This is why I don't play EVE anymore. Awesome game, but any screwups you make hurt. Bad. I still owe Merch some cash for some tiny shit that exploded into blowing up a friendly capital ship because I said the wrong thing at the wrong time. Don't risk screwing up.

We didn't really lose a cap ship. They just yelled at you because it was the second time you did it and the first warning didn't seem to sink in.

Bremen on
  • Options
    ScreamlineScreamline Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    oshizs6.jpg

Screamline on
  • Options
    SpikeyueSpikeyue Registered User new member
    edited March 2008
    Hi. I started playing EVE a couple weeks ago. I'm a gallente covert ops. My in game name is SpikeyueL.

Right now I am just doing missions and buying implants to train faster.

I've lurked the PA boards for years and would love to join the PA EVE corp.

I am admittedly a noob, but I am learning very quickly. Ill be sending you my application shortly.

Hope to see you guys in game.

Spikeyue on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So I haven't actually started yet, and I'm kind of interested, but there's a big question that needs answering first:

What's with this 6GB minimum HDD requirement? Is this game going to download 6GB worth of data, because my connection can't handle that; well, it probably can, but I'd have to leave it on for a couple days and not be able to do anything else. And the client is apparently 600MB. Is it going to dynamically download stuff after I start playing, or is it just there for show?

freakish light on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So I downloaded this (was about 800 or so mb), played it for 10 minutes then decided I'd be stupid to keep playing until I actually buy a mouse.

I'll be back dammit!

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    It's not 6GB, that's just the maximum it could get to. Download can be around 500mb up to around 800mb depending. Just fyi, my CCP dir. at the moment is at 2.5gb.

Davor on
  • Options
    Captain ActionCaptain Action Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Damn, I'm feeling the eve itch again. Can I use a timecode to restore my account if the account is out of time?
    I think I left my character with 200k isk.

Captain Action on
  • Options
    MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Just started playing

game name is Miharu Endo

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Damn, I'm feeling the eve itch again. Can I use a timecode to restore my account if the account is out of time?
    I think I left my character with 200k isk.

I'm pretty sure you can, yes. In fact, if your character has enough isk, you can buy a timecode from another player with ISK even with an inactive account, using their website's secure purchase system.

Bremen on
  • Options
    RataxeSRataxeS Registered User new member
    edited March 2008
    Re-activated my account just today, was thinking about joining.

Character: Triar T

RataxeS on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Bremen wrote: »

We didn't really lose a cap ship. They just yelled at you because it was the second time you did it and the first warning didn't seem to sink in.

I had suspicions that Solaris kal'tech was trying to scam me by saying I had to pay for what I'd done, but damn, I didn't expect everything he said was a scam. After he said that to me, I was so pissed at the seriousness of the game that I quit before anyone else could talk to me. It was an effective lie, I must say. I'm actually kinda amazed. Had I known the truth, I think things would have been a bit different.
    I mean, damn, I think I might actually be able to play this again.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    FanciestWalnutFanciestWalnut Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hello members of merch, my EvE name is Retoran, hope to see you soon.

FanciestWalnut on
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hey guys, I've been trying this game and so far so good. Just bought my first ship. Well I am currently on my way to join Merch I so I wanted to let you know. My game name is Simonneau.

TimFiji on
    Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      bearzerkbearzerk Registered User new member
      edited March 2008
      I, too, reactivated. Name is Psiphi in game. Applied to MerchI This morning.

bearzerk on
    • Options
      intelnaviintelnavi Registered User regular
      edited March 2008
      Alright, I'm finally ready to graduate. Any chance I can bring my brother in the fold with me? (He just registered for these forums). We're both in BC's, got our tackling skills ready, and both have very different career paths lol.

Name will be Sinwalker and Caldinara. Applying tomorrows.

intelnavi on
    • Options
      edited March 2008

I had suspicions that Solaris kal'tech was trying to scam me by saying I had to pay for what I'd done, but damn, I didn't expect everything he said was a scam. After he said that to me, I was so pissed at the seriousness of the game that I quit before anyone else could talk to me. It was an effective lie, I must say. I'm actually kinda amazed. Had I known the truth, I think things would have been a bit different.

Not with us you wont. And don't think think the game has no risk; we might not have lot a cap ship but the reason everyone was mad at you was we easily could have.

Bremen on
    • Options
      edited March 2008

Not with us you wont. And don't think think the game has no risk; we might not have lot a cap ship but the reason everyone was mad at you was we easily could have.
      I accept these facts.

Mortal Sky on
    • Options
      J_LJ_L Registered User regular
      edited March 2008
      Play this game, seriously. but don't be a jackass like the above fine fellow, you can only really make a mistake like that by being a retard, and if you fall into that category you'd probably be better off playing a less complex game.

J_L on
      Got A Penny?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      EvE: Vetitum/Venitum
    • Options
      edited March 2008
      J_L wrote: »
      Play this game, seriously. but don't be a jackass like the above fine fellow, you can only really make a mistake like that by being a retard, and if you fall into that category you'd probably be better off playing a less complex game.

Pretty much.

Seriously newbies, don't get cocky or you end up like me, hated by your former comrades. Trust me, it happens. This game is incredibly fun if you do it right, but the consequences for mistakes are harsh. EVE is serious business.

Mortal Sky on
    • Options
      GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
      edited March 2008
      I feel sorry for newbs that get a full blast from the elitist prick cannon so soon after starting. If I didn't admire the game right off the bat so much, it would have turned me off from the game too. But know I have awesome skills and get to say things like "in my day."

Gihgehls on
      PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
    • Options
      eatblueshelleatblueshell Registered User regular
      edited March 2008
      Gihgehls wrote: »
      I feel sorry for newbs that get a full blast from the elitist prick cannon so soon after starting. If I didn't admire the game right off the bat so much, it would have turned me off from the game too. But know I have awesome skills and get to say things like "in my day."

Being only 8 months into the game myself, I can Hardly say, "in my day"

"Current events" would probably become "My day." Things like:

"BoB was still alive!"

"Cyno-Jammers made you invincible!"

"People thought you couldn't kill Nano-Gangs!"

"Remote Sensor Damps sucked!

"RA Was Scary!" (wait... that one won't change)

"Assault Frigs were useless!"

eatblueshell on
    • Options
      edited March 2008
      Gihgehls wrote: »

In my day we didn't have these fancy pantsy drakes. We used a ferox with 5 Heavy missile launchers in the highs, and we liked it!

Bremen on
    • Options
      edited March 2008
      In my day we didn't have battle cruisers. In my day I thought I was a bad ass when I built my first Moa.

Too bad I didn't keep training and playing, when I was back in the day.

Davor on
    • Options
      StormyWatersStormyWaters Registered User regular
      edited March 2008
      man i havent posted here in a while just want to say that ccp should've given apoc optimal bonus fuck them :/

StormyWaters on
    • Options
      JaninJanin Registered User regular
      edited March 2008
      In my day, newbies could make bank picking up rat loot (RIP :()
      "Assault Frigs were useless!"

This one will also not change.

Janin on
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This discussion has been closed.