As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

British teacher lets students name bear Muhammad, incures wrath

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Apparently this bomb is, in fact, a bunch of road flares and duct tape.

Which may be a step above hot dogs.
    What kind of hotdogs?

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    arod_77 wrote: »
    You guys hear that Sudan is suing a French charity for getting 102 children out of fucking Darfur?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21992690/

They called it an "abduction"

Sorry, but Sudan are the official cocksuckers of the world these days, we should have glassed them instead of Iraq in the first place.

Taking children away from their families is ok as long as they live somewhere shitty.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The very fact that the news story is on cnn.politics is so fucking retarded

it's not politics

you fucking media grabbing idiots

Faricazy on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Did the bear go to bear prison?

Javen on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Chadian and French officials say most of the children had parents or close family and have cast doubt on claims they were from Darfur.

Yeah you don't fix a blighted area by exporting all of their children and giving them white families.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Butters wrote: »
    Chadian and French officials say most of the children had parents or close family and have cast doubt on claims they were from Darfur.
    Yeah you don't fix a blighted area by exporting all of their children and giving them white families.
    But...but...they're white.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

What kind of hotdogs?
    Armour hot dogs.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    potted meat

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    ingredients: Beef Tripe, Partially Defatted Cooked Beef Fatty Tissue, Beef Hearts, Water,Mechanically Separated Chicken, Mechanically Separated Children, Partially Defatted Cooked Pork Fatty Tissue, Salt.

PottedMeat.jpg

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Fuck damn that sounds delicious.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    arod_77arod_77 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Vienna Sausage all up-ins?

Damn that stuff is good.

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    ingredients: Beef Tripe, Partially Defatted Cooked Beef Fatty Tissue, Beef Hearts, Water,Mechanically Separated Chicken, Mechanically Separated Children, Partially Defatted Cooked Pork Fatty Tissue, Salt.

PottedMeat.jpg

Mechanically separated children eh?

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That's the same stuff that goes into slim jims.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Is Tube retarded or something?

Can he think properly?

Killjoy on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Killjoy wrote: »
    Is Tube retarded or something?

Can he think properly?
    He can't, but you're not proving to be a star thinker yourself.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2007
    well that's told me

Tube on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    well that's told me

SERVED

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    ZeroFill wrote: »

PottedMeat.jpg

Mechanically separated children eh?

Fish shaped crackers.
    Fish shaped candies.
    Fish shaped solid waste.
    Fish shaped dirt.
    Fish shaped ethyl benzene.

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

What kind of hotdogs?
    Armour hot dogs.
    What kind of man where's armor hot dogs?

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

What kind of hotdogs?
    Armour (piercing) hot dogs.

Butler on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Isnt Muhammad the most common name in the world?

What the fuck? I think the entirety of the first world should have a big "riots in the street" flip-out middle-east style next time they do something against us.

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Isnt Muhammad the most common name in the world?

What the fuck? I think the entirety of the first world should have a big "riots in the street" flip-out middle-east style next time they do something against us.

Didn't you guys invade Iraq because they did something crazy

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Seriously, can you dudes imagine if someone named a dog Jesus, and thousands of Christians cried for this guy's swift execution?

Ranx on
  • Options
    QuethalQuethal The Infrequent OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ranx wrote: »
    Seriously, can you dudes imagine if someone named a dog Jesus, and thousands of Christians cried for this guy's swift execution?

While you have a hilarious point, sir, to be fair, Christians view Jesus much differently than Muslims view Muhammad =P

Quethal on
  • Options
    froggyfroggy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Odin is a better name for a dog any ways.

froggy on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Quethal wrote: »

While you have a hilarious point, sir, to be fair, Christians view Jesus much differently than Muslims view Muhammad =P
    And Jesus is a pretty uncommon name in the Christian world. Muhammed isn't.

Jesus is a prophet of God in Islam, as well, so I don't know how naming a teddy bear Jesus over there would fly, either...

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Blue Is BeautifulBlue Is Beautiful Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    there is very few schools in the US that would let you name the class teddy bear Jesus.

Blue Is Beautiful on
    no, you can't.
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007

Jesus is a prophet of God in Islam, as well, so I don't know how naming a teddy bear Jesus over there would fly, either...

what about mexico

theyre catholic

tugga on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    tugga wrote: »

what about mexico

theyre catholic
    Mexico being the entire Western world.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    tugga wrote: »

what about mexico

theyre catholic
    Mexico being the entire Western world.

well according to social security

Jesus was the 104th most popular baby name in the US the year i was born

tugga on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    it even peaked at 66th in both 2001 and 2002

tugga on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    central/south america, plus lots of asian and african countries use the name Jesus

jesus is important, but in more catholic based offshoots of christianity, he's considered about as important as any other saint, all under god.

anywho, most places in the US wouldn't let you name anything Jesus.

the point in islam isn't that Mohammed can't be a name, it can, for people. teddy bears are inanimate objects.

did you guys hear about how the girl that got raped in saudi arabia got 200 lashings and sentenced to jail and her lawyer banned from law, while her 7 rapists got away?

oh but there's more! the 7 guys raped her AND her male friend. the reason she was being punished was because she was out in public with a man who was not her family member or husband.

edit: i think they caught 2 of the rapists and they're having trials

Blue Is Beautiful on
    no, you can't.
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2007
    Jesus isn't "just another saint" in catholicism. He's, y'know, the son of God.

Tube on
  • Options
    QuethalQuethal The Infrequent OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, kinda a bit of a difference there. You know. Technically speaking.

Quethal on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Faricazy wrote: »
    I gotta say though

despite being ridiculous in places

hinduism is a pretty peaceful religion

or at least the societies in which it was practiced were

obviously there is conflict India is involved in, but that's less religious and more political/anger at muslims for trying to conquer them/etc

I like how that my peoples place is right between India and Pakistan so when the shits finally goes down my family die before the Hindus and the Muslims.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Looks like I owe my priest five bucks.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

i didn't say he was saint, i said he was as important.

lots of central/south american cultures don't even talk about jesus or the virgin mary without mentioning they are under god. catholics don't go so much for the whole jesus is god/but not god crap the europeans got into.

anyway, saints like st. judas, st. lazarus, st. monica take precedence over jesus. that's why they pray to them instead of to god or jesus or mary or anything else.

so it's not a big deal to call your kid jesus. or lazarus or mary.

muslims view muhammed differently

Blue Is Beautiful on
    no, you can't.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    did you guys hear about how the girl that got raped in saudi arabia got 200 lashings and sentenced to jail and her lawyer banned from law, while her 7 rapists got away?

oh but there's more! the 7 guys raped her AND her male friend. the reason she was being punished was because she was out in public with a man who was not her family member or husband.

edit: i think they caught 2 of the rapists and they're having trials
    You missed something: her punishment was increased because she went public with this case. Not only was she sentenced to being lashed, but to prison as well.
    Bloods End wrote: »
    I like how that my peoples place is right between India and Pakistan so when the shits finally goes down my family die before the Hindus and the Muslims.
    Stupid question: Are you a sikh?

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Stupid question: Are you a sikh?

Yup.

Well, family is.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm contemplating naming my wang Mjolnir.

L|ama on