Options

[Chat]al warming

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    I use my name as my handle, so much easier. And woo e-fame.

*insert joke about shoe stores*

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Danigt

I wanted to send some bojangle's sweet tea to a friend of mine but I just realized it would probably go bad if not refrigerated.

Pack it in dry ice.

huh... how do I do this?

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Jennifer?

It's Jennifer, isn't it.

No. Though that does seem to be a common Asian-American name. I kept my Chinese name when I immigrated. The pinyin spelling, too, so a lot of people mispronounce it.
    That's actually pretty awesome. I've met like a zillion Kikis and Mimis and Wendys and Jennys. My Chinese friends from the dog park are Ning and Yaya, which just seems more dignified.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Malkor wrote: »

Oh God. Attempting to have some people who don't usually hang out play Axis and Allies or football were the most amusing/frustrating moments of my life back in the day. Just have fun jerks!

God, trying to integrate social and non-social people led to one of the most surreal experiences of my life. There was this kid back in junior highschool, fat, kind of over weight, would wear like the official dreamcast shirt that came with magazines, coke bottle glasses, etc. Social awkward and all that jazz. Very smart, hilarious and clever guy though. By the end of junior high I got him into my more social group of friends pretty well.

Anyway, a couple years after junior high, I'm at some b.s. lecture on what duties i have to perform for some community service crap I have to do, with a very cute asian girl sitting next to me. After some droning lecture, the instructor says we can have breaks. Being a pretty geeky dude, I let loose a little "woot!" of joy. The asian girl next to me turns to look at me with eyes wide in like amazement. I'm thinking, fuck, there goes my chance with her. And then she asks

"Do... do you know [guy from jr. highschool]?"
    "Uh, yeah, I went to school with him"
    "Oh my god! That sounds just like something he would say!"
    "Yeah, sounds like him alright"
    "Yeah, he's so cool! You must be cool too. He's so popular too!"
    I felt like I landed into the fucking twilight zone or something. I actually ran into the guy in question about a year back at an anime convention (we are both geeks at hear, after all). There's like this masquerade cosplay thing, where you show off your costume for a ton of people in an auditorium. So, he comes out as a box of pocky, dancing around, and then suddenly techno kicks in. He throws off the pocky box, and in there in the yatta outfit (just underwear really) and he is freaking ripped now. Just dancing and flexing. The girls went crazy, whistling and hollering.

Ah, good times. That got kinda ranty, eh?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    My real name is ViolentChemistry. No space.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Edward was my favourite train engine!

Janson on
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Whoo! Surprise... I don't know what these are called... Surprise tasty things!

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Doc wrote: »
    My XBox Live tag is "Angry Steve" because that's a nickname in real life.

casual eddy is a nickname in real life

my improv group has taken to calling me 'fast eddy' because of low energy style of improv, my general sluggishness, and the fact that I'm often slightly late to practice.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    LaOs wrote: »
    Thinatos wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    So I just went browsing for Christmas gifts.

What my dad wants will cost around $115. What my mom wants will cost around $10. I'll see if I can talk her into another gift, one that's at least worth 10% of my dad's gift's value :P
    Hey Richy, I saw an ad in a flyer for a set of poker chips. 30 bucks for the case, chips, two decks of cards--your basic 500 chip set. Would you like me to grab that for you?
    Plastic or clay?
    I forget. I know they were 11.5 gram, though. I could send to you, if you'd like.
    Oh, wait, Canadian, nevermind.
    What do you mean?
    You're Canadian, so I'm assuming the deal is Canadian, too...?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2007

my improv group has taken to calling me 'fast eddy' because of low energy style of improv, my general sluggishness, and the fact that I'm often slightly late to practice.

I'd own that one. The Hustler was an awesome movie.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Danigt

I wanted to send some bojangle's sweet tea to a friend of mine but I just realized it would probably go bad if not refrigerated.

Pack it in dry ice.

huh... how do I do this?

Go down to the biology or chemistry department. A lot of stuff that needs to be shipped around in biology has to be kept at 4 degrees celcius, so they're often packed in dry ice. There's bound to be some lying around that no one needs. Then get a big styrofoam container.

Or I guess you could pack a suitcase full and get a flight to where your friend lives.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Ahahahaha

I find this very amusing. I'd kill to have a nickname like that.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Was that before or after the headbutting?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I think a lot of people who knew me in elementary and secondary school would be surprised at how relatively-not-socially-retarded I am now.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Danigt

Pack it in dry ice.

huh... how do I do this?

Go down to the biology or chemistry department. A lot of stuff that needs to be shipped around in biology has to be kept at 4 degrees celcius, so they're often packed in dry ice. There's bound to be some lying around that no one needs. Then get a big styrofoam container.

And tell the postman that it's a human kidney.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007

Before. One of my friends would always claim that I was angry/yelling when I wasn't, to the point where I would actually get angry/yelling over his claims.

Doc on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0132517/

So my searching turned up this guy as the actor of the character I was named after. I don't know how I feel about that.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Before. One of my friends would always claim that I was angry/yelling when I wasn't, to the point where I would actually get angry/yelling over his claims.

This is not unlike people telling me i'm always contrary just for the sake of being contrary. Then i disagree with them and in the end i just end up getting pissed off.

JPants on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Preacher wrote: »

So my searching turned up this guy as the actor of the character I was named after. I don't know how I feel about that.

He looks like a cool guy. That black and white picture of him holding a rapier is hilarious.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Well pants I only call you a failure. So you have that going for you.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    The new GTA trailer is all right, I guess. The graphics are kind of so-so, and Rockstar would benefit a lot from a more stylized approach to their humans as opposed to kind-of shitty-looking realism. Their lighting seems weak to me with kind of obligatory shadowing but that's it.

It looks offhand to have a stronger story element, though really it could just be a collection of unrelated cutscenes from the classic GTA thousand unrelated minimissions.

Still, the environments look beautiful. I'll probably pick it up when it comes out in like 2010.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007

I think a lot of people who knew me in elementary and secondary school would be surprised at how relatively-not-socially-retarded I am now.

I still had a few kinks to work out in highschool (like placing women on pedestals) that prevented from really tapping into the dating scene, but luckily those days are past.

Of course, even if I had worked those out, dating in highschool still would have been tough due to race related bullshit.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

He looks like a cool guy. That black and white picture of him holding a rapier is hilarious.

Yeah looks like the kind of guy who did some bit parts here and there yet keeps working. If only I could have been named after a William Atherton character or John Glover.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Well pants I only call you a failure. So you have that going for you.

Who? What? I'm confused.

JPants on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Olol you were named after a soap opera character.

You are a product of "mama's stories"

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Oh god my brother just came in to show me his new 'stunna' shades.

Someone get me a gun.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    The new GTA trailer is all right, I guess. The graphics are kind of so-so, and Rockstar would benefit a lot from a more stylized approach to their humans as opposed to kind-of shitty-looking realism. Their lighting seems weak to me with kind of obligatory shadowing but that's it.

It looks offhand to have a stronger story element, though really it could just be a collection of unrelated cutscenes from the classic GTA thousand unrelated minimissions.

Still, the environments look beautiful. I'll probably pick it up when it comes out in like 2010.

This is one I'll be waiting on a price to get. It'll go Greatest Hits/Platinum or whatever the new cheap-o tag will be within a year, I anticipate.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007

I never liked the GTA games. I always thought they were way too unstructured.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007

I still had a few kinks to work out in highschool (like placing women on pedestals) that prevented from really tapping into the dating scene, but luckily those days are past.

Of course, even if I had worked those out, dating in highschool still would have been tough due to race related bullshit.

Dating in highschool would have been tough due to the fact that I went to an arts school. Sure there's less teenage drama in a place where it's all artsy-fartsy people who don't seem to be as petty and vicious as your average teenager, but there are like 5 straight guys in the entire school.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007

Someone get me a gun.
    You don't have to kill him for them, just buy your own.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    That's a selling point for them.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Ahahahaha

I find this very amusing. I'd kill to have a nickname like that.

Last practice they shorted it to 'feddy'

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Someone get me a gun.

A stunna gun? :winky:

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    gundam470 wrote: »

I never liked the GTA games. I always thought they were way too unstructured.

This is my complaint with them also. Driving around messing shit up is fun for like 20 minutes, but after that the game gets boring. And completing missions always felt absolutely un-rewarding.

JPants on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Dating in highschool would have been tough due to the fact that I went to an arts school. Sure there's less teenage drama in a place where it's all artsy-fartsy people who don't seem to be as petty and vicious as your average teenager, but there are like 5 straight guys in the entire school.
    Wait, did you just say that there's less teenage drama in an art school?

That's like saying that there's less sex in a whorehouse.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007

Someone get me a gun.

What is "stunna" supposed to imply in this situation?

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Someone get me a gun.

A stunna gun? :winky:

*groan*

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Olol you were named after a soap opera character.

You are a product of "mama's stories"

Actually both my parents watched soap operas back then. I just hate how women have taken my name, damn women.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Someone get me a gun.

What is "stunna" supposed to imply in this situation?

I don't even know! He just came in and was like "uh, check out my new stunna shades. stuuuuuuunaaaaa! "

They were kind of big? And ugly?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Wait, did you just say that there's less teenage drama in an art school?

That's like saying that there's less sex in a whorehouse.

Well, among my friends and their friends, at least.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.