As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Team ICO - The Last Guardian - Out!

• Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That cover art is gorgeous. I'm worried I'll end up buying the perhaps more expensive Japanese versions just for that.

Or you could just print them from the internet for 10 cents.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That cover art is gorgeous. I'm worried I'll end up buying the perhaps more expensive Japanese versions just for that.

Or you could just print them from the internet for 10 cents.

Was gonna say this..

Staples is usually the place I go to for printing high quality inserts.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Amazon has changed the release date on the Ico/SotC collection from January 4, 2012 to September 27, 2011.

sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    we are on pace gentlemen

the time is upon us

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Excellent. Ooh, I wonder if I can change the title of this thread now...

::edit:: Yay! I can!

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    A little over a month to go. My body is ready.

• Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    Is it finally time to get a PS3?

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    This thread was bumped and the new info wasn't posted? Bah.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/08/15/ico-and-shadow-of-the-colossus-collection-bonus-content-trophies-revealed/
    The release of the ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection, bundling two of the most highly acclaimed video games of all time, is right around the corner. Back in July, we revealed that there will be some exciting bonus video content included on the disc, as well as a dynamic theme for ICO and one for Shadow of the Colossus. Now that the videos are finished, I’m happy to give you a preview of what you’ll be able to look forward to when the collection hits on September 27.

Right from your disc, you’ll be able to enjoy these five exclusive bonus videos and go behind-the-scenes to learn more about these two classics and the visionaries that created them:
    • Early concept and prototype video montage of ICO
    • Early concept and prototype video montage of Shadow of the Colossus
    • Initial concept video for NICO, a game that was never made but turned into Shadow of the Colossus, including an on-camera introduction from creator Fumito Ueda
    • Candid 20+ minute round-table discussion between Fumito Ueda (creator), Kenji Kaido (producer) and Junichi Hosono (designer)
    • And last but not least, a 12-minute behind-the-scenes video filmed on location at the SCEI offices in Japan. This video features interviews with key production staff members about the making of ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian, as well as concept art and prototype footage of all the games, and exclusive never-before-seen footage of The Last Guardian

In addition to full 1080p HD and stereoscopic 3D support, and 7.1 surround sound, this re-release also supports a full set of trophies for each game. Here is the full trophy list for both games to give you a taste of the challenges that await you when you set out on your adventure with ICO and Wander this September 27.

They also listed the trophies for each but PS3Trophies.org have the full lists with descriptions anyway. If you're interested in taking a look at them, here they are:
    http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/team-ico-collection-ico/trophies/
    http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/team-ico-collection-shadow-of-the-colossus/trophies/

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    I'm more interested to know if trophies can be disabled. Or at least trophy pop ups.

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Would be cool if they did something like Heavy Rain and just stacked all the trophies until the end credits, then made them pop up. But I doubt they will.

Edit: Oh crap, almost forgot. The novelisation of ICO has been translated into english. You can buy it here:
    http://www.amazon.com/ICO-Castle-Mist-Ico/dp/1421540630

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Antihippy wrote:
    I'm more interested to know if trophies can be disabled. Or at least trophy pop ups.

Yeah, I feel like they should be above having trophies.

SotC, in particular. I think you're supposed to feel a particular way when you defeat a Colossus, and having a little "Congratulations!" ding on your screen will totally go against that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Thanks unco, info shamelessly copy and pasted in to the op.

I bought a 3DTV for this bundle, I absolutely cannot wait to play these games again (I probably won't play them all through in 3D, but I still want to be able to!).

Can't you disable trophy pop ups within the system menu? It's a bit of a pain to do it for just one game but it'd be worthwhile.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Vegan wrote:
    Antihippy wrote:

SotC, in particular. I think you're supposed to feel a particular way when you defeat a Colossus, and having a little "Congratulations!" ding on your screen will totally go against that.

I agree with you but they could very easily wait until the white loading screen that appears after black shadow tentacle moment to pop the trophy. You get your gravitas, then pop, then back at the temple.

• Options
    Giant Bomb is going to have a quicklook of this collection sometime this week.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Vegan wrote:
    Antihippy wrote:

*eyeroll*

And while I saw the point for Heavy Rain I suppose, I don't think either of these games is cinematic enough to warrant that kind of treatment, though I'm not against it either, as long as I get my Trophies somehow

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Trophies are not more important than the game getting proper treatment. It'd be nice if the Trophies only popped during the loading/teleport screen after you defeat a colossus.

• Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    It would be nice if trophies weren't mandated and developers could just put them in when it feels it adds something to the game rather than just slapping them in for playing the game normally to contribute to a meaningless number.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    Rakai wrote:
    It would be nice if trophies weren't mandated and developers could just put them in when it feels it adds something to the game rather than just slapping them in for playing the game normally to contribute to a meaningless number.

This. I wish that [what I assume is] a vocal minority who obsesses about cheevos didn't make MS and Sony think they're so important that they have to be mandatory.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    I'm really anticipating the quick look after hearing everyone bitch about him forgetting the grip meter. :lol:

Which is funnier because he reviewed it back in gamespot.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I've never played Shadow of the Colossus before. I was interested in it, so I decided to watch the quicklook. About a minute and a half in even I was screaming "THATS OBVIOUSLY THE GRIP METER" while he kept falling off.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I demand a video segment where everyone ribs Brad about the grip meter.

I like to think Ryan knew what it was but said nothing for comedic effect.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    To be fair ryan completely missed it too, so, fair's fair I guess?

Gawd, SotC looks fucking gorgeous though, looks like an early or mid gen PS3 game. Whoever said that the low framerate on the PS2 was better are CRAZY.

• Options
    I like quick looks because I get to see footage of a game that is not a trailer. But sometimes they are so terrible at games that it makes the game look dumb.

Then I see their Bastion quick look, and obviously they can be pretty dang good.

• Options
    Antihippy wrote:
    To be fair ryan completely missed it too, so, fair's fair I guess?

Gawd, SotC looks fucking gorgeous though, looks like an early or mid gen PS3 game. Whoever said that the low framerate on the PS2 was better are CRAZY.

I don't know about "better", but it didn't bother me. Motion blur helped to mask it, too. But I welcome a smoother framerate. Hell, playing SotC on a BC PS3 gives a better framerate. I played it through once like that just because it's smoother.

• Options
    It's especially frustrating if you're someone who always RTFMs. Sometimes they even complain that they don't know how something works and then actually say that they refuse to look to the manual. Well, then it's your own fucking grave you're digging.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I think they just got a demo so they don't have a manual.

Haha, oh wow, he did notice the pink meter at one point but confused it as something to pinpoint the weakpoints. I guess that explains it somewhat.

Also man, they're attitude towards yorda is so wrong.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    That title screen that scrolls between the two games is sexy. Come on, September.

• Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    Man, I can't wait for September. Shadow of the Colossus is my favourite PS2 game, and one of my favourite games of all time. I think there are still areas in the game that I have never visited.

I'm also excited to play Ico for the first time, but I don't really know what to expect of that game.

Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    physi_marc wrote:
    Man, I can't wait for September. Shadow of the Colossus is my favourite PS2 game, and one of my favourite games of all time. I think there are still areas in the game that I have never visited.

I'm also excited to play Ico for the first time, but I don't really know what to expect of that game.

Greatness.

• Options
    I watched the Quick Look. That was... painful. "Oh we keep falling off because we have the sword selected. We need to go two-hand, that's it, I totally forgot about that." No, you didn't forget; you're making something up that never existed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I just got around to watching that quick look. SOTC looks more interesting than I actually remember it being, but hey, free game with my copy of Ico, so I might as well try it out

The framerate is definitely a nice jump up

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    It looks like there are no upgraded textures. Sure, the resolution is nice, but this is really more like $30 to me.

• Options
    Saw some custom covers over at GAF which would be great for replacing those gaudy collection boxart.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30442991&postcount=1228
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30480885&postcount=85

Might make one myself just for fun.

• Options
    It's awkward how, on the second one, the image for Ico is upside down.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It creates a good balance and symmetry aesthetically.

• Options
    I like the first one a lot, the second not so much

But honestly I don't mind the collection box art as it is. People bitched and bitched for years about getting that Japanese Ico box art, and now you have it (in the only realistic form it could be seeing as it has to share the spotlight) on the box

True, in a perfect world, that box would just be an outer sleeve and the actual case would contain the Ico art on the front and the SOTC art on the back, but oh well. They won't spend that much extra on packaging for a discount game and they need the back of the box to tell people "This is a game where you hit smoke monsters with a stick and drag a blind chick around" and "This other game is a game where you ride on a horse and murder giants"

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    So Eurogamer has it, and they're comparing it to the originals. They've also got video.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-ico-shadow-of-the-colossus-ps2-ps3-comparison

Long story short they look great, each screen shows more detail and the framerate is locked in, though the framerate is 30 FPS rather than 60. Still, that's damn nice.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    There are pics floating around, but the cover is reversible. Standard cover has both games listed on front with typical info stuff on the back. Flip it over, front is nice original Ico cover art, back is Colossus, no words other than the titles.

Classy move, if I may say so.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    The game is looking way better. Sounds like a pre-order.

Here is a link that shows what the cover looks like:
    http://www.giantbomb.com/news/sony-avoids-net-rage-makes-right-call-on-team-ico-box-art/3650/

Krathoon on