As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GAME ON]Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Stupid Sexy Snake

• Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So is there a repository of good stages yet? There's only 3 on Crush Siblings and one of them's mine.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    SinaelSinael Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Anyone interested in playin' some? I'd like to give this whole online shebang a try. I'm located in the barren northern expanse called Toronto, Canada. Proximity is, I imagine, a very good thing.

Friend Code: 0044-2501-7958

Sinael on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Bullio wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it odd that you can't trade trophies and stickers over WiFi? I was really hoping they would have come up with something to do with all of these extras by now, even if it is as simple as selling them back for coins.

You can never have too many stickers, especially in Intense Subspace Emissary.

They're pretty much required if you don't want 30 damage off of the lightest hit imaginable. D:

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Man, if this next round is as laggy, I'm gonna have to drop

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    zipidideezipididee Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    yeah, that got silly. I would watch myself jump like 3 secs after I hit the button.

zipididee on
    *ching ching* Just my two cents
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Is there a point to Intense SSE? Or is it just there "for the challenge"?

Joeslop on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    For the challenge, mostly.

I'm up to the second Subspace area now, and every area has nearly forced me to use, if not made me use, a continue...or three.

The worst places are the first times you use characters - because you have no chance to power them up with stickers, and they're just so weak. Being around 150% before you leave the first hallways in some levels is brutal.

You know those green and black mines? An average hit from them is 50%.

Plus, never finding lives...

D:

There are some good points, however. Trophy stands drop like candy, for one thing. Item boxes that hold stickers'll generally drop 4-5 stickers each; great for farming them.

Some characters pretty much become tiny gods, though, when you power them up well. <3 Lucas and Ness.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    ZampanoZampano Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Alright, who's up for an evening manbeating?

Zampano on
    BrawlSig.gif
  • Options
    ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Zampano wrote: »
    Alright, who's up for an evening manbeating?

Where are you located?

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    New Hampshire.

Zampano on
    BrawlSig.gif
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    How exactly do you put stickers on characters?

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    New Hampshire.

Then let's go, add me.

Edit: Oh, I'll host. I've got a lot of people on my list and we've been fighting all night, not all are from PA so they won't have your code.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    There should be a button pretty clearly labeled 'Stickers' on the world map in SSE.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    In between levels in SSE. You can access the "Stickers" menu down below along with the Save and Quit options.

Zampano on
    BrawlSig.gif
  • Options
    thebreadkingthebreadking Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Anyone on the West Coast down for a couple of games? My Friend Roster has been incredibly slow to update, but I'm hoping it'll work tonight.

thebreadking on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Tomorrow, I enter the Intense Great Maze.

I fear this will be the death of me.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Man, PA forum house rule foul on attacking someone while they're taunting during the "Taunt!" minigame on Warioware Inc. stage.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    New Hampshire.

Then let's go, add me.
    Done.

4 Stock, Best of Five. Concur?

EDIT: Hmmm. Let's try that again.

EDIT2: Dammit. It won't let me connect with you.

Zampano on
    BrawlSig.gif
  • Options
    Spoom182Spoom182 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The whole point of that is to weigh your options and see if you should KO the guy or try to get the reward. Plus, its really fun to nail some guy that thinks hes safe because hes taunting.

Spoom182 on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    There should be a button pretty clearly labeled 'Stickers' on the world map in SSE.

Oh hey that makes a ton of sense.

I am dense.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    If you do not participate in the mini-games during the Wario-Ware stage, everyone else is required to Gang-Bang you?

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    RogarRogar Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Anyone on the West Coast down for a couple of games? My Friend Roster has been incredibly slow to update, but I'm hoping it'll work tonight.

I'm up for a game. My last one just ended, but man, is this game ever great online. Code's in the sig.

Rogar on
    Pearl FC: 1676 7951 0481 - Platinum FC: 4082 6952 6888
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    If you do not participate in the mini-games during the Wario-Ware stage, you do not have a soul.

Fixed.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I can't connect with Zack for some reason. It happened earlier in the day to.

Anyone else want to play? Maybe I'll have better luck.

Zampano on
    BrawlSig.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    By the way, Rogar/Idol/Spoom those were some great matches, haha - I hate Skyworld + input lag, I swear we all suicided at least once. I don't know why I couldn't get into my Mario groove, but I guess I felt better on Lucario, anyway. I still have no idea who I want to 'main' even after so many hours of brawling.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Ack, back paged. Still looking for a match.

So, do we know that playing with relatively local opponents reduces lag? Or is that really just wishful thinking/a desperate remedy?

Zampano on
    BrawlSig.gif
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yay! I just beat level 4 targets in under 30 seconds.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So I hear people are playing this Smash Brothers game. Fascinating. I would love to join in these celebrations. I do believe I need a copy.

Wait, what's this? I pre-ordered it online from TRU at the end of November? Why, where ever could it be?
    I should track down the miscreants whom have my copy. Let us follow these people, to the ends of the earth.
    My tracking number leads me to a website...
    I see TRU has decided to ship via some new UPS thing they call "Mail Innovations"
    upsmi.png
    That sounds lovely. And Innovative. It must be good. I know what brown can do for me... so where does this go?
    ssbmups1.png

Interesting. I learn two things from this. One, TRU is made of large amounts of failure, being unable to ship a pre-order prior to the release date, much less actually on the release date. Two, their warehouse is near Ohio. Also, note the destination zip code of 37912. I live in Knoxville, TN. This is good, as Ohio is not particularly far away. I should have this shortly.
    ssbmups2.png

Days pass. It seems that Atlanta is closer by freight to Ohio than Knoxville. I can only assume they transported it by air or railway, as I would like to think that a truck would simply have stopped in Knoxville on the way down I-75. Perhaps they took I-65 instead, and completely bypassed Knoxville. I suppose that is understandable. And what's this? They have given my package to the USPS? This is their innovation. That seems good. I never have any lost mail (that I've found), and they deliver on Saturdays too. Plus, they say it's in Knoxville at the BMC (their processing plant)

The weekend passes. It's Monday now... I am not confirmed for Smash. Let us check the internets, and see where it could be. This is still from UPSs tracking information.
    ssbmusps1.png
    Ok. That matches up with what our good friends at UPS told us. But that was last week. And if you recieved the package that morning, why not bring it out on Saturday? Or even Monday morning?
    ssbmusps2.png
    O_o???
    \o_O/
    I suspect something has gone amiss. I know USPS has more detailed information on their site, so I input the tracking number...
    ssbmusps3.png
    I...I... Wait a damn minute.
    Lemme check that Knoxville Zip code...
    uspsgoogle.png
    D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:
    So, I leave you with this
    Where the hell is SSBM?
    I still don't have it. People will be harmed shortly, hostages will be taken. Or, I'm going to Toy's R Us tomorrow, buying a copy, and returning the one that shipped if it ever shows up.
    TL : DR
    USPS=WTF?

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Rogar, Ronaldo, and Spoom:

Awesome fun games. The dual Donky Kongs destroying Skyworld was hilarious. I wish I had replays of some of those matches like the Spear Pillar one. :)

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    thebreadkingthebreadking Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Rogar wrote: »

I'm up for a game. My last one just ended, but man, is this game ever great online. Code's in the sig.

I've opened up a room if you you want to join up.

thebreadking on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, I got killed by Cresselia like twice. The first few matches were way laggier than the rest of them were, haha. You keep getting better and better, *shakes his fist* I wish I could learn how to improve my game, I guess I am too used to just messing around when playing with my friends.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    RogarRogar Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    By the way, Rogar/Idol/Spoom those were some great matches, haha - I hate Skyworld + input lag, I swear we all suicided at least once. I don't know why I couldn't get into my Mario groove, but I guess I felt better on Lucario, anyway. I still have no idea who I want to 'main' even after so many hours of brawling.

Definitely. Those were some of the best matches I've played so far, and not very much lag for having four people. It did get a tad laggy at the end, but other than that, they were good. That stupid Nintendog makes me laugh so much. No idea why, but just having some little dog jump on the screen and wreck the intense battle is entertaining to me.

I juggle way too many characters. I'm pretty decent with Toon Link, but I find him to be almost identical to Young Link from Melee. Pokemon Trainer is maybe my only other decent character. I'll find one in time.

Rogar on
    Pearl FC: 1676 7951 0481 - Platinum FC: 4082 6952 6888
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Would any of you good fellows fancy a match with me and Mr. Wario? And his motorbike?

Zampano on
    BrawlSig.gif
  • Options
    ImperiousImperious Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    To all of you on my friends list:

My Wii fucked up and won't play any games anymore. I won't be able to play with anyone for at least another week or so, when my Wii gets back from the repair shop.

It's going to be torture not being able to smash it up for a week or two.

Imperious on
    3DS FC: 2964-9386-0643
    NNID: NotImpervious
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Question that's probably been answered!

For the challenge 'Collect trophies for all characters' I assumed that meant 'clear Classic with all characters and get their trophy', but then I did that and it didn't unlock. So, what does that challenge actually entail?

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Do you actually have all the characters?

Also: How do you get "Final Smash" trophies? There's a challenge that requires it, but I don't even have one.

...somebody fight me...

Zampano on
    BrawlSig.gif
  • Options
    ImperiousImperious Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Houk wrote: »
    Question that's probably been answered!

For the challenge 'Collect trophies for all characters' I assumed that meant 'clear Classic with all characters and get their trophy', but then I did that and it didn't unlock. So, what does that challenge actually entail?

All-Star mode.

Imperious on
    3DS FC: 2964-9386-0643
    NNID: NotImpervious
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Oh Big Blue, how I love to suicide on you.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Do you actually have all the characters?

Also: How do you get "Final Smash" trophies? There's a challenge that requires it, but I don't even have one.

...somebody fight me...

I think that's what you get when you clear Allstar with a character.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Oh holy jesus

No wonder I keep getting my ass beaten by the last boss in Boss Battles Intense.

I just had Rayquaza as 9th, and he was going nuts with attacks. Like, ridiculously fast.

Then when I restarted, he was first, and totally mellow.

The motherfucking bosses speed up.

I hate you, Sakurai.

Ein on