As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Battlefield: Bad Company - The console only Battlefield game! Out now.

• Options
    narv107narv107 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Fileplanet now has subscriber keys back up. I wonder if anyone out there with a subscriber key and no 360 would get a key and PM it to me.

narv107 on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Regicid3 wrote: »
    this game has some serious balance issues, but with a little work it could be very awesome. Oh btw best round ever 24 kills 0 deaths.

Shh.

G&T hate it when people are good at games.

I still haven't received an email . . . I really hope I do. I sucked up and everything.
    Well one round you can flounder and get the crap kicked out of you and the next you can own Godly. But then again a lot of that comes from EA's asstarded voice and friend restrictions right now. Couldn't play with a special someone last night because they have disabled friends shit for the beta.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    narv107narv107 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    this game has some serious balance issues, but with a little work it could be very awesome. Oh btw best round ever 24 kills 0 deaths.

Shh.

I still haven't received an email . . . I really hope I do. I sucked up and everything.
    Well one round you can flounder and get the crap kicked out of you and the next you can own Godly. But then again a lot of that comes from EA's asstarded voice and friend restrictions right now. Couldn't play with a special someone last night because they have disabled friends shit for the beta.

That's also the nature of Battlefield games in my experience. More so that anything else I find you can hit a groove and just be completely unstoppable.

narv107 on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    narv107 wrote: »

Shh.

That's also the nature of Battlefield games in my experience. More so that anything else I find you can hit a groove and just be completely unstoppable.
    This game does feel more hectic than the previous BF games, you die a lot faster, the guns have a lot more stats, and can be fairly unwieldy.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, I do seem to die fast, but that may just be my lack of skill and cunning.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    They really need to up assault damage/accuracy.

I should not be able to unload a full clip on a dude 10 yards away.... only to have him knife me.

Everytime I play this game I hate it a little more.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    fkn creepfkn creep Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    They really need to up assault damage/accuracy.

I should not be able to unload a full clip on a dude 10 yards away.... only to have him knife me.

Everytime I play this game I hate it a little more.

Aim higher.

fkn creep on
    t1g3rstyl3.png
  • Options
    catalystcatalyst Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I agree, it shouldn't take a full clip to kill a soldier right in front of you.

catalyst on
    MainlineSIX.png
  • Options
    UnKnown SoldierUnKnown Soldier Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Dashui wrote: »
    I had some awesome rounds on the desert map earlier, where the teams actually worked as teams and it was challenging. We had pushed them back all the way as the assault team, and they actually put up an amazing defense that whittled our reinforcements down to almost zero before we took it. They had three people in an APC and were just tearing everyone up. I managed to win in the end by repairing it when they bailed out and using it against them, destroying the final crate with it.

Of course, that wasn't the best thing about that round. I walked out into this long stretch of straight road in the final part of the city, and this guy with a humvee was on the other end. We played a game of chicken, while I was trying to kill him with my light machine gun as he raced towards me. His bumper was about eight to five feet before me when I managed to kill him and the humvee came to a rolling stop at my feet. So made of win.

See, that's what I'm trying to say, this game is full of those little "OMGFUCKYEAH" moments.

For instance I was a defender on the desert map. I placed a single mine in the middle of the bridge.... Meanwhile a massive force of like a tank a humvee and one of those dunebuggy's is coming up the road. I ducked into the bushes for cover. As the tank approaches the bridge the mine explodes. The tank was left intact but it blew open a huge chunk of the bridge causing the tank to partially fall into it and become stuck. The bridge is completely blocked so the humvee and buggy pull up while the driver and the gunner hop out of the tank to proceed on foot. Thats when me and about 3 other squad members who just spawned behind me opened up, slaughtering everyone. God it was amazing, I don't think a movie could have done it better.

UnKnown Soldier on
  • Options
    Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Man, that sounds amazing . . . somebody is driving across a bridge so you just blow a chunk out of it and they fall in the water.

:drools:

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm enjoying the beta, but I still feel that Fronlines: Fuel of War is far superior gameplay wise.

Battlefield: Bad Company to me reminds me alot of COD4 in terms of infantry combat (except not as good), mixed in with classic Battlefield vehicle mayhem.

The game is still alot of fun, but it's not as good (to me) as I had been hoping it would be. With that said, I'll still be playing the hell out of it this weekend.

Bamelin on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Well again, that's where I'm wondering what the singleplayer's going to be like. I'd got the impression it's kinda squad-based missions and stuff, rather than just bot-based skirmishes. If that's the case, consider this bought (as long as it's fun and playable, the two great caveats) because it'll be right up my street.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    jimbo034jimbo034 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    does it have weapon upgrades like cod4?

jimbo034 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    No, but there are unlockable weapons. For instance, I went and bought the laser-designator binoculars and a different sniper rifle, and have been having a blast playing as a Recon. Anti-tank monster! Shame the Barrett doesn't seem to do much to vehicles, so I went with a sniper rifle wich a much higher rate of fire.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    MemnoMemno Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Anyone noticed that the LMG doesn't use a spread when firing but more of a circle ? Would explain a lot about why hitting things at close range with it is a pain.

Memno on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Oh man team balancing is so hilariously bad in this. Last night I joined a game that was 2 on 6 and then the next round was literally 8 on 0. How the hell does that happen?

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    J_LJ_L Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So this game is quite a bit of fun, started playing this morning got some unlocks and just keept going. I've addded PA Battlefied to my buddies and was just wondering when most of you lot usually played.

J_L on
    Got A Penny?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    EvE: Vetitum/Venitum
  • Options
    KogareruKogareru Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    J_L wrote: »
    So this game is quite a bit of fun, started playing this morning got some unlocks and just keept going. I've addded PA Battlefied to my buddies and was just wondering when most of you lot usually played.

Sadly no party system was included in the Beta so the PA Battlefield gamertag is kinda useless at this point. There will be a party system in the finished game so then we'll be able to get some game on's and such. I don't believe any kind of work around has been found.

Kogareru on
    GW2: mKoga-Ultra
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I still have yet to receieve an email from either Major Nelson or EA . . . *cries*

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Kogareru wrote: »
    J_L wrote: »

Sadly no party system was included in the Beta so the PA Battlefield gamertag is kinda useless at this point. There will be a party system in the finished game so then we'll be able to get some game on's and such. I don't believe any kind of work around has been found.

Oh, so you can't actually join up and play with friends? That sucks:(

I play in the evenings anyway (and reside at GMT, so none of this EDT or PDT or whatever).
    edit: if I'm being more precise, it's probably from around 11pm onwards that I'll likely be on. Either me or my brother. We were swapping the controller after every death last night. That was interesting.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Well i'll be around evening GMT time too. Gamertags Vetitum if anyone wants to blast some buildings.

J_L on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    From the sounds of it, all you can do is watch out for each other online, if there's no buddy/party system in place here.
    Shame!

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    oh right so it doesn't work full stop. well that sure is annoying.

J_L on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Key get! See you all whenever this shit finishes downloading.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    darleysam wrote: »
    From the sounds of it, all you can do is watch out for each other online, if there's no buddy/party system in place here.
    Shame!

They disabled it for the beta. Why the fuck did they do that? That's just dumb, and I'm sure not everyone realizes that it was just removed. Ah well, it is a fun game, and while we may not be able to play with each other quite so easily now, come full release we can. It appears most of us like the gameplay, too, so I don't think we'll have too much of a problem getting people together for games in June.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    powersurgepowersurge Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So whats the single player going to be like? Full on story mode or bots? Will the ranking and such be like CoD4 or combine single and multiplayer like Vegas2?

powersurge on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I hate EA so much right now.

They sent me a unique code to unlock the M60 for free.

I don't have a beta key though, making it completely pointless.

What i'm trying to say is, I'm willing to trade an M60 key for a beta key if anyone has an extra.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Raslin wrote: »
    I hate EA so much right now.

They sent me a unique code to unlock the M60 for free.

I don't have a beta key though, making it completely pointless.

What i'm trying to say is, I'm willing to trade an M60 key for a beta key if anyone has an extra.
    Does anybody know how to properly use the code anyway? I got it and went to the unlocks screen of the game like it told me too and there is no way of imputing the code. It says turn on the game, go to multiplayer, go to the unlocks section, hit the enter code button and put in the code to unlock the weapon. Well you can get as far as the unlocks section and there is no enter code button. Anybody figure it out?

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Am.. Am I on drugs or something? I swore I'd never touch another Battlefield game again but with destructible environments I don't think I can keep away. Oh god.

Late to the beta party. No key for me. :(

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Where do you get an M60 key from?

I want one :(

Jean Claude Van Calm on
    PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
  • Options
    AlejandroDaJAlejandroDaJ Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Any remaining places to get keys? I meant to sign up for Fileplanet (finally got rid of my FileShack account) but the registration->key offer seems to have disappeared.

AlejandroDaJ on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    Any remaining places to get keys? I meant to sign up for Fileplanet (finally got rid of my FileShack account) but the registration->key offer seems to have disappeared.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/03/26/how-you-can-get-a-battlefield-bad-company-beta-code.aspx

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    If you want to get the M60 unlock code just go here http://preferences.fun.ea.com/ea/mf_Battlefield.asp
    Now will somebody friggen explain how to unlock it or tell us if it's just broken ATM because I've done exactly what the email says and it doesn't work.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    If you want to get the M60 unlock code just go here http://preferences.fun.ea.com/ea/mf_Battlefield.asp
    Now will somebody friggen explain how to unlock it or tell us if it's just broken ATM because I've done exactly what the email says and it doesn't work.

Are you sure it's supposed to be for the Beta?

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'll be on later tonight, if you get sniped by Grimmsy.... Yeah thats me, all up in your grill.

Jean Claude Van Calm on
    PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Legacy wrote: »

Are you sure it's supposed to be for the Beta?
    The email doesn't really differentiate.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Anybody else been crashing tonight? I've hard locked twice tonight while playing.

Also there is no emote icon that can convey my rage at spawnkills where you die less than a second after spawning.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    Trevor GoodchildTrevor Goodchild Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I crashed twice in one night when beta first started, but I haven't froze since then. So it might just be bad luck. They also had a banner saying they were tweaking server settings and that it might cause some problems.

Trevor Goodchild on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Eurogamer have a pretty good writeup on the beta that seems to address most of the issues I've seen here. Would be great if DICE are looking for feedback beyond load testing and lag issues. The only other thing I would add would be to change weapon-selection controls. Rather than using RB as a kind of toggle and swapping between what feels like layers of weapon choices, which makes it confusing as hell when you've unlocked stuff, just a simple selection-wheel would be great. Hold bumper, choose your desired item with right stick, commence shooting. LB could still be grenade quick-select.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    darleysam wrote: »
    Eurogamer have a pretty good writeup on the beta that seems to address most of the issues I've seen here. Would be great if DICE are looking for feedback beyond load testing and lag issues. The only other thing I would add would be to change weapon-selection controls. Rather than using RB as a kind of toggle and swapping between what feels like layers of weapon choices, which makes it confusing as hell when you've unlocked stuff, just a simple selection-wheel would be great. Hold bumper, choose your desired item with right stick, commence shooting. LB could still be grenade quick-select.
    The article was nice, but it felt as if it was glossing over a lot of the issues with the beta.

The_Spaniard on