Options

Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom announced

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Get the .dll? Every time I run into a .dll error I find countless sites with the file I need.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Get the .dll? Every time I run into a .dll error I find countless sites with the file I need.

The binkw32.dll is custom compiled for each game. I have a couple dozen different dll's, including the one included with Majesty, and they don't work.

Edit: Huh, the one at dll-download works. Nifty!

rayofash on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Damn, I remember playing the demo of this (I think it came on a PCGamer demo CD I had) but I never played the full version of the first one... so bought'd for 10 bucks.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    SnogmonkeySnogmonkey Registered User new member
    edited October 2008
    Oh man this is such great news, I too have the tax collector sound burnt into my brain and my friends and I still love to say "I'm just a gnome!" in their cute little dying demihuman sounds.

I bought Hinterlands the other day and have been playing the heck out of it, but it's made me really anticipate Diablo III and yearn for Majesty more than anything else. It's amazing for a $20 Steam game and well worth it, but it's still just a indie game without the exceptional talent and resources of a Blizzard or Cyberlore Studios.

Hearing there's an expansion coming is great.

Snogmonkey on
  • Options
    KylogueKylogue Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I really wish I had brought my CDs when I moved to the UK... Because now I have to buy the game again!

I seriously recommend this game, so download the demo and have fun(this is not an option, you will have fun).

Kylogue on
    360 GT: Ixtil
    PSN: Kylogue
  • Options
    ZyreZyre Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Holy Bajesus! THAT WAS THE NAME OF THE GAME!

Just last week I was talking to a friend about this RTS game where your entire focus is going about building a city where you don't control any of your units, you have to bribe them with Bounties to get them to do what you want, get your units to attack the enemy base, place a bounty on one of his buildings.

I remember it being incredibly frustrating the last time I played it, I think I may have only played the demo, but I always thought the concept of the game was very solid. Im excited to see they are making a sequel that may resolve my remembered distastes. I just remember being in a 1v1 multiplayer game and was trying to defeat my opponent and I had bounties on my opponents buildings and such and I think my units went to attack once or twice but then my bounties were never high enough to generate interest to any of my units, and I was putting 1000's of gold, pretty much everything I had, and my units still would not attack.

The very design concept behind this game has given me inspiration in my own design theories.

Zyre on
  • Options
    ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    My CDs have disappeared at the peak of my interest in playing them.

:x

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
  • Options
    StuffGuyStuffGuy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Demo for original game is awesome. Buying full thing now.

Now another thing im interested in thats releasing but I have no time to play.

StuffGuy on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What's the deal with the original? I can do all the beginner quests with no problems, but both advanced quests have had me facing hordes of monsters right from the start.

captaink on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Zyre wrote: »
    and I was putting 1000's of gold, pretty much everything I had, and my units still would not attack.

Recruit Paladins[who don't require much nudging], Warriors of Discord[who like to kill things], or Build a Temple to Korlm.[Excuse me for a moment... "KORLM!"]

Other options are statues and royal gardens which makes your heroes more loyal.

It could however just be that that particular lair was "dangerous"
    captaink wrote: »
    What's the deal with the original? I can do all the beginner quests with no problems, but both advanced quests have had me facing hordes of monsters right from the start.

Which one? I can get through most of the advanced quests[there are a few i don't know how to get done]

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I did betrayal of the elves and reclaiming the crown. The elves had about 10 elves in my town really quickly. The crown had about 10 minotaurs even faster.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I did betrayal of the elves and reclaiming the crown. The elves had about 10 elves in my town really quickly. The crown had about 10 minotaurs even faster.

Build towers in the direction of where the elves and rogues are coming from. The towers will drive them off if you upgrade them to arrows, rogues and elves have weak defenses and towers have strong. Turn off your taxes at the start, so the rogues and elves don't gain off your cash. I am not sure what type of upgrading you can do, but skeletons are strong against rogues and elves, so a temple to krypta would work well, wither also makes enemies slower which means your heroes can catch up to them and slaughter them.

For the minotaurs, upgrade your wizard guild to level 3 immediately, don't buy heroes yet. Get a marketplace going. Build wizard towers near where the minotaurs come from and enchant them. When the minotaurs are all close to each other, nuke them with a lightning storm. You will eat a bunch of cash, but after that you can build whatever temple or barbarians you want and start developing normally.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Don't build rangers until you are ready to expand out a little more... they have an annoying habit of exploring even without bounties, pissing a whole train of things off, then fleeing back to your town.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Are the enemy monsters triggered by my building heroes? Such that I shouldn't build 8 heroes right at the start?

captaink on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Are the enemy monsters triggered by my building heroes? Such that I shouldn't build 8 heroes right at the start?

I don't think so. Dead heroes increase the chances of monsters attacking, though. And city size does, too.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    so what was the original like?

Your heroes would be of various classes, some mutually exclusive (ie, you can't build both the buildings for Paladins and Warriors of Discord), gain levels, learn new skills, and behave in ways according to their intelligence and class.

If you built a market, smart warriors would stock up on healing potions before going out to adventure. Dumb ones would skip the first part. Some of the ranged heroes would try to stick behind a tanking hero when available.

It's hard to describe since there isn't really anything quite like it.

Sounds like a more in-depth version of the Wii Ware FF:CC.

jothki on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Majesty is 50% playing, 50% watching.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    i dont know what percentage is which... i have so much fun i cant tell. got the game last night, stayed up till 4:30.... am. i am very very tired, but it was fun.

stopgap on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Sometimes yes.

Usually a reason to not build heroes at the start of a game is because something comes and/or is coming and will kill them. But there is at least one that spawns more enemies the more heroes you have

E.G. At the beginning of "Slay the Dragon" a 500 HP double headed invincible dragon lands in your town and tears shit up. He wont actually kill any buildings so long as there are no heroes around to make him distracted. Once he leaves you can start your rapid and fervent expansion.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I played this game approximately 5-6 years ago, when I was about 9 or 10, so my memory is hazy.

The advanced quests were easier if you began by fortifying your base area, only building heroes once you had the money for the upper tier ones.

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Okay, I have Majest Gold and I'm trying to play the expansion multiplayer over Hamachi. My friend can't see my game, and I can see his, but I can't join his (it hangs and then it says it failed to connect). We have ports forwarded to Hamachi, and can ping eachother.

Edit: We tried GameSpy, and the game would launch but we couldn't connect to eachothers games.

rayofash on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

When you want to get off the ground quickly as soon as you start place all of these in this order (without waiting for them to finish):
    1) Gnome hovel
    2) Ranger guild
    3) Market
    4) Fighters guild
    6) Rogue guild

As soon as the gnome hovel finishes start hiring gnomes. Once you hire the 2nd gnome another hovel with automatically appear. In the same way a 3rd gnome hovel will appear. Just concentrate on getting all 3 hovels up to 3 gnomes. Hire heroes from the other guilds as they become available. Once you have 12 heroes concentrate on maxing out your market.

Gnomes make getting a town up happen at least twice as fast.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Maxing your market isn't that valuable unless you have a trading post you can protect. Otherwise building inns nets you more money[and you can just collect it with the rogues guild] for cheaper. The marketplace is good for keeping heroes alive, but what is more important is healing potions and protection rings[teleportation is nice, but not mandatory]

edit: If you go for elves[level 3 marketplace and an inn] then your market will generate a lot of money on its own. If you go for dwarves[good builders and balista towers] then your market place isn't going to be generating income without trade.

One way to generate trade is to build a post far away. This offers the most income, but it harder to protect. If you have solari, you can garrison them at a tower and do just fine, or you can build balista towers around it.

This is not very safe in most of the harder maps. Its better to build your trading posts as close to your base as possible, and then expand a second one about the same time as you upgrade your market to level 2.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh fuck me running yes.

I loved me some Majesty.

Oats on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    God I want Majesty 2 so hard right now

I want it to be basically Ankh-Morpork: The City Building Game

Please God let it be so

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    JubehJubeh Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So I just played the demo, and now I'm super hyped for this game.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Jubeh wrote: »

The Majesty demo, right? OR IS THERE A DEMO FOR #2?!?!?

Because if there is, HOOK ME UP.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Pata wrote: »
    I played the original and Lego Island all the time at my school's computer lab when I was 11-12.

Awesome.

Oh man me to, except at home alone.

So reinstalling the orginal when I can find the disk and I was THINKING ABOUT THIS TODAY FUCK YEAH!

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    KingMooKingMoo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    after playing Hinterland I am so hyped for a game like this that might do it right. Not to say Hinterland was bad, just a little lacking.

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    !!!!▓▓▓▓▓Gravy?▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!
    !!!!!!▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!!!!
    of doom
  • Options
    JubehJubeh Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

No it was the first one.

Sorry to raise your hopes up and crush them.
    Not really.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

No it was the first one.

Not really.

Meh, that's okay. I'm a patient dude. I guess this reminds me to reinstall Majesty, which is one of only like 8 games I carry around with me.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    KingMooKingMoo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

No it was the first one.

Not really.

Meh, that's okay. I'm a patient dude. I guess this reminds me to reinstall Majesty, which is one of only like 8 games I carry around with me.

that's hardcore!

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    !!!!▓▓▓▓▓Gravy?▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!
    !!!!!!▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!!!!
    of doom
  • Options
    KylogueKylogue Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    KingMoo wrote: »

No it was the first one.

Not really.

that's hardcore!

One might even dare say nerdcore.

On another note, something on my computer was conflicting with the downloader from Gamersgate... So I couldn't instal Majesty. I had no choice really, I had to format my disk...

I have to apologize to all programs previous installed, but seeing you guys talk about the good old days... Just got me more excited for the sequel, and as such I need to quench my thirst for royal blood with the original.

Kylogue on
    360 GT: Ixtil
    PSN: Kylogue
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    "Carry with me" is actually "carry with my computer." And the computer is a desktop. So basically I only keep like 8 games in physical form. So that's like, negative nerd.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh wow I love some of these quest. Except save the Crown, ok game begins LIKE 129021031928321 minotaurs show up.

Grrrrrrrrrr. The Angry Wizard one is pretty awesome.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Oh wow I love some of these quest. Except save the Crown, ok game begins LIKE 129021031928321 minotaurs show up.

Grrrrrrrrrr. The Angry Wizard one is pretty awesome.

You have a level 3 wizards guild. Wait until they all gather around a convenient building and nuke them with a lightning storm. Run up a monastary right quick and start making Paladins. You'll be fine.

Edit: The ones i have trouble with are "Legendary Heroes" and "Day of Reckoning."

I haven't beaten them, Clash of Empires, The Siege or the two hidden master quests yet. But iirc, only Legendary Heroes[which is a crap shoot], Reckoning and the master quests are tough.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I've beat them all, expansion included, and the only really really hard one (as it, its just down to luck most of the time) is the one with the high level heroes where you have to kill the six barrows. That sucks.

Siege is a blast but a bit too easy really. Playing against a human opponent is like that but on crack. So kewl.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I just dug up my old copy of this and OH GOODNESS why didn't I realize how addicting this is?

I just spent like three straight hours playing this and now I will fail all my classes :(

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Actually what is a bit harder than the legendary heroes one is a random scenario with the Winters Wrath mobs. Ice dragons are just death incarnate.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I love the scenarios in this game.

It has one of the better campaign modes around.

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg