Options

Hugs are where its [chat]!

• Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    VishNub wrote: »
    1) It's a guy friend, if that matters, in this case I don't think it does (knowing her and her relationship to him)
    2) He was just doing the annoying "grawr if you hurt her grawr" posturing nonsense. I found it annoying.

That shit is annoying.

Take it like a man, gracefully.

Greeper on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    1) It's a guy friend, if that matters, in this case I don't think it does (knowing her and her relationship to him)
    2) He was just doing the annoying "grawr if you hurt her grawr" posturing nonsense. I found it annoying.

A guy friend changes everything. So was he plowing her or did he just want to plow her? You should have responded "Hey its not my faults she's into the freaky shit I'm like baby isn't that too hard and she's all 'Slap my ass like you have a pair of testicles faggot'"

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I'm totally going to make a "No Fat Chicks" sign for our movie night, man.
    Awesome. I told my fiancee about that and she was like "I dunno if you should meet dudes from the internet" then when I said it was you she's like "Oh hes funny go ahead he wont rape you".
    My fame has spread far enough afield that your wife knows me? o_O

Thanatos on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Feral wrote: »

Awesome. I told my fiancee about that and she was like "I dunno if you should meet dudes from the internet" then when I said it was you she's like "Oh hes funny go ahead he wont rape you".

Man she doesn't know Than very well does she?

I let her have the fantasy man. I mean really why else would I go if not for the rapes?

What sort of future could you have with a woman that you can't even ask to rape you? What I'm saying is, you should be able to get the full menu at home, because you shouldn't go get take-out, it's bad for family values.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    How about just telling him that he's retarded?
    She was sitting there.
    An eye-roll would have been the most appropriate response.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

She was sitting there.

I would have just given him a "you gotta be fucking kidding" look, paused for a really long time, and then said, "I wasn't planning on it."

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    My fame has spread far enough afield that your wife knows me? o_O

She's a lurker, mostly reads H/A so you are more known to her then say Will even though I have played live with Will before.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2008

She was sitting there.

I would have just given him a "you gotta be fucking kidding" look, paused for a really long time, and then said, "I wasn't planning on it."

I would have said, "Nice speech, Don Quixote."

edit: Actually, I probably wouldn't have said anything, just smiled and nodded, because I'm very non-confrontational.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Man she doesn't know Than very well does she?

I let her have the fantasy man. I mean really why else would I go if not for the rapes?

What sort of future could you have with a woman that you can't even ask to rape you? What I'm saying is, you should be able to get the full menu at home, because you shouldn't go get take-out, it's bad for family values.

She's a former lutheran, it was hard enough for her to get over the "Sex is evil" line of stuff, the raping will come in time.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Holy shit, this is awesome. Better living through mushrooms.

http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/258

Sami on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited May 2008

In all seriousness, are there people who still think it's weird/dangerous to meet people off the internet? Weirder or more dangerous than meeting any other sort of stranger? Because like half my social life these days has come to me via the tubes in one way or another. The internet is like a magical machine that has given me friends, girls, jobs, and love and all it asks in return is the occasional lolcat.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    jacobkosh wrote: »

In all seriousness, are there people who still think it's weird/dangerous to meet people off the internet? Weirder or more dangerous than meeting any other sort of stranger? Because like half my social life these days has come to me via the tubes in one way or another. The internet is like a magical machine that has given me friends, girls, jobs, and love and all it asks in return is the occasional lolcat.

My boyfriend, for one.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

In all seriousness, are there people who still think it's weird/dangerous to meet people off the internet?

My mother I guess.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

She's overly cautious. I mean honestly she worried about me getting our Wii online for fear of viruses. I love the woman but yeah.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    1) This was an AIM conversation, so body language was inneffective. I rolled my eyes a number of times, though.
    2) I basically made it clear I wasn't going to play his game.

VishNub on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

My boyfriend, for one.

Well with all the talk of raping you on this forum... I could see his fear.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    1) This was an AIM conversation, so body language was inneffective. I rolled my eyes a number of times, though.
    2) I basically made it clear I wasn't going to play his game.

Jesus online convo? Good lord man that like doesn't even count.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited May 2008
    My boyfriend, for one.

That's sad. Granted, if he perused [chat] I could hardly blame him.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Sami on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    My last name means (or meant, in Ye Olde Englishe) "crow." I've always felt a special attachment to them, except for the part when they eat eyeballs out of bodies on battlefields.

But I'm totally rad.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I've always felt a special attachment to them, except for the part when they eat eyeballs out of bodies on battlefields.
    That is one of the things that makes crows awesome.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Sami wrote: »

So awesome.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    My last name means (or meant, in Ye Olde Englishe) "crow." I've always felt a special attachment to them, except for the part when they eat eyeballs out of bodies on battlefields.

But I'm totally rad.

My first name is shared by a Celtic goddess whose symbol was the crow.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I'm personally more concerned about being tied down and forced to listen to Johnny Cash and Muse. And possibly being forced to eat a peach or lemon meringue pie.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I'm personally more concerned about being tied down and forced to listen to Johnny Cash and Muse. And possibly being forced to eat a peach or lemon meringue pie.

You see the primary thread? Its actually post the irene slash fic thread, we just had to disguise it.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

How do you feel about ice cream pies? My mom used to make this wicked grasshopper pie. The "dough" was crushed oreo cookies (just the cookie, not the center) and the filling was a mixture of mint chocolate chip ice cream, and both types of creme de menth liqueur.

Of course, I guess the resemblance to pie is mostly superficial.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Richy wrote: »
    Damn Oboro, why does that weird stuff keep happening to you.

If you think about this more you'll quickly realize the answer.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Damn Oboro, why does that weird stuff keep happening to you.

If you think about this more you'll quickly realize the answer.

Yeah self fulfilling prophecies and all that.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Belruel wrote: »
    i generally do not need belts of such high quality to hold up my pants, the one i use doesn't seem to be shattering under the immense weight of my corpulence, so i think its doing fine

I meant that the metal, being brass, will not rust or stain as quickly as steel/iron or whatever metals are used in most belts, and also looks nicer.

Also I've found that over time, fabric belts tend to fray. I have seen no such fraying on this belt.

James on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Of course, if anyone does really like the sound of that pie they'll have to be willing to experiment to get the right mix of ingredients, mom is notoriously secretive about her recipes.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I think you mentioned your name once and I thought it was pretty cool. I've never been completely satisfied with "Jacob", it's just kind of meh. It apparently took my parents three months to name me; they should have waited longer and just asked me.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    jeepguy wrote: »
    Of course, if anyone does really like the sound of that pie they'll have to be willing to experiment to get the right mix of ingredients, mom is notoriously secretive about her recipes.

Curse you jeep I was all "Damn that sounds tasty" but I knew there was a catch.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I think you mentioned your name once and I thought it was pretty cool. I've never been completely satisfied with "Jacob", it's just kind of meh. It apparently took my parents three months to name me; they should have waited longer and just asked me.

My parents had to think fast and took my first and middle name from a soap.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    jeepguy wrote: »

How do you feel about ice cream pies? My mom used to make this wicked grasshopper pie. The "dough" was crushed oreo cookies (just the cookie, not the center) and the filling was a mixture of mint chocolate chip ice cream, and both types of creme de menth liqueur.

Of course, I guess the resemblance to pie is mostly superficial.

That sounds pretty good. But yeah, that's pretty much an ice-cream cake.

So if I ever meet you, you're going to kidnap me and force-feed me mint ice cream cookie pie?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Haha, that's awesome. "Uh...this? This is our son...um...Brock. Brock Hard. Yeah, that's the ticket."

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Haha, that's awesome. "Uh...this? This is our son...um...Brock. Brock Hard. Yeah, that's the ticket."

Well the worst part I'm the younger child, my brother got biblical names because of the same thing. Apparently the early 80s didn't have very good methods for determining sex, ergo my brother and myself were thought to be female children. Thanks spokane medical professionals!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I like "Jacob," it's classic and refined, but not stuffy like, I dunno, "Milton." I also really like "Alex" or "Alexander." The problem is that I really like "Alexander," but it would feel too formal to actually address people that way in everyday situations.

I also really liked the name "Jezebel" before I knew about the origin of the name.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    And really, I just don't like his cover of Hurt.

I'm calling Kali Ma, because we need somebody to find your heart.

Can't. Died a couple years back.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I like "Jacob," it's classic and refined, but not stuffy like, I dunno, "Milton." I also really like "Alex" or "Alexander." The problem is that I really like "Alexander," but it would feel too formal to actually address people that way in everyday situations.

Amusingly, my best friend (since second grade!) is named Alex.

Also: <3<3<3

So what would look best on a dust jacket, though? "Jacob lastname", "Jacob G. lastname", or "J. Gregory lastname"? I'm kind of thinking the last one, but my instincts for this stuff are terrible.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wow this internet service is awful at this hotel.

Zen Vulgarity on
This discussion has been closed.