As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] - Melee DPS: Schrödinger's Slayers and Choppas

11112131416

Posts

  • ShoggothShoggoth Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Holy shit that is so much more amazing than the semi-marauder equivalent.

    Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sigh, I'm not enjoying monstrosity marauding at all

    This'll have to improve IMMENSELY at 20 and 21 for me to stick to it

    Ledneh on
    Kadith wrote: »
    how do i get off [the bus], do i just start screaming
    well that'll get me off at least.
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Shoggoth wrote: »
    Holy shit that is so much more amazing than the semi-marauder equivalent.

    You mean Tainted Claw? 'cause the WE one requires a at least 8 points up our DoT tree.

    Oats on
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Sigh, I'm not enjoying monstrosity marauding at all

    This'll have to improve IMMENSELY at 20 and 21 for me to stick to it

    Monstro becomes much better once you get concussive jolt, since it's one of the best knockdowns in the entire game. Also, the other two trees are rather sub-par for levelling since one relies on debuffing and the other on backstabs. The other two are much better for most PVP though.

    BlueDestiny on
    Any sufficiently advanced friendship is indistinguishable from magic.
  • SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I've been having a much better time in scenarios since I switched from Monst + survival stats to Brut + Strength Strength Strength! With terrible embrace I felt as though I can actually make a good difference on the field. And stacking noting but strength has made my marauder FINALLY put out the damage needed to kill healers solo, which is all I really wanted to do.

    I run with Subvert Strength, piercing bite, corrupted Edge and Feeding on fear. Have about 780ish strength in my rvr gear and highest Gullotine crit has been 1370 ish on a Warrior Priest. It finally feels like i'm playing a DPS class agian. Sure Monster is fun but when you really want to just kill someone really really quickly, I don't think anything compares to Brut.

    You just have to suffer horirbly from 32-40 to get Terrible embrace.. it's worth it though.. god is it worth it.

    Sonork on
  • Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sonork wrote: »
    I've been having a much better time in scenarios since I switched from Monst + survival stats to Brut + Strength Strength Strength! With terrible embrace I felt as though I can actually make a good difference on the field. And stacking noting but strength has made my marauder FINALLY put out the damage needed to kill healers solo, which is all I really wanted to do.

    I run with Subvert Strength, piercing bite, corrupted Edge and Feeding on fear. Have about 780ish strength in my rvr gear and highest Gullotine crit has been 1370 ish on a Warrior Priest. It finally feels like i'm playing a DPS class agian. Sure Monster is fun but when you really want to just kill someone really really quickly, I don't think anything compares to Brut.

    You just have to suffer horirbly from 32-40 to get Terrible embrace.. it's worth it though.. god is it worth it.

    That is a lot of suffering. I don't think Jesus suffered that much on his cross. :|

    Oddjob187 on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    the 30's in this game


    man they're so slooooooooooow


    and T4 scenarios give shit for xp. Just terrible

    Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You know what I wish? That they hadn't screwed up with the stats on the Blighted Slayer. As much as I love having the 52 strength on my marauder, it just seems unfair. Plus, I'm real tired of the graphic.

    iguanacus on
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    apparently the hottest new WE build is: http://www.wardb.com/career.aspx?id=22#13:8192:9:520:0:0:25

    tyrannus on
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Oddjob187 wrote: »
    Sonork wrote: »
    I've been having a much better time in scenarios since I switched from Monst + survival stats to Brut + Strength Strength Strength! With terrible embrace I felt as though I can actually make a good difference on the field. And stacking noting but strength has made my marauder FINALLY put out the damage needed to kill healers solo, which is all I really wanted to do.

    I run with Subvert Strength, piercing bite, corrupted Edge and Feeding on fear. Have about 780ish strength in my rvr gear and highest Gullotine crit has been 1370 ish on a Warrior Priest. It finally feels like i'm playing a DPS class agian. Sure Monster is fun but when you really want to just kill someone really really quickly, I don't think anything compares to Brut.

    You just have to suffer horirbly from 32-40 to get Terrible embrace.. it's worth it though.. god is it worth it.

    That is a lot of suffering. I don't think Jesus suffered that much on his cross. :|

    Jesus would take the cross again to get Terrible Embrace. It's that good.

    BlueDestiny on
    Any sufficiently advanced friendship is indistinguishable from magic.
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oddjob187 wrote: »
    Sonork wrote: »
    I've been having a much better time in scenarios since I switched from Monst + survival stats to Brut + Strength Strength Strength! With terrible embrace I felt as though I can actually make a good difference on the field. And stacking noting but strength has made my marauder FINALLY put out the damage needed to kill healers solo, which is all I really wanted to do.

    I run with Subvert Strength, piercing bite, corrupted Edge and Feeding on fear. Have about 780ish strength in my rvr gear and highest Gullotine crit has been 1370 ish on a Warrior Priest. It finally feels like i'm playing a DPS class agian. Sure Monster is fun but when you really want to just kill someone really really quickly, I don't think anything compares to Brut.

    You just have to suffer horirbly from 32-40 to get Terrible embrace.. it's worth it though.. god is it worth it.

    That is a lot of suffering. I don't think Jesus suffered that much on his cross. :|

    Jesus would take the cross again to get Terrible Embrace. It's that good.
    Jesus ground through T3 for your sins.

    see317 on
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I've seen terrible embrace in action

    it is hilarious and great

    Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • ShoggothShoggoth Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Thinking of speccing this at 40:

    http://www.wardb.com/career.aspx?id=14#7:160:0:0:13:10272:25

    Maybe take out crushing blows if only to free up a tactic slot.

    Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • ShensShens Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    the 30's in this game


    man they're so slooooooooooow


    and T4 scenarios give shit for xp. Just terrible

    T4 questing has been insanely fast. I have probably gone 32-39 in the time it took me to go from 20-28. I highly recommend trying to go through the chapters and grab all the quests you can.

    Shens on
  • SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Had my best score on my Marauder last night. Really enjoying brut, yanking and killing healers + ranged DPS has never been more fun!

    http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8654/brutscoreda3.jpg

    Sonork on
  • Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sonork wrote: »
    Had my best score on my Marauder last night. Really enjoying brut, yanking and killing healers + ranged DPS has never been more fun!

    http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8654/brutscoreda3.jpg

    Thats alot of DPS.

    Also, fuck yes Roan you sexy fucking Zealot! Break that 100k healing!

    Oddjob187 on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Damn, well done man!

    Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Shoggoth wrote: »
    Thinking of speccing this at 40:

    http://www.wardb.com/career.aspx?id=14#7:160:0:0:13:10272:25

    Maybe take out crushing blows if only to free up a tactic slot.

    hulking brute is pretty much a necessity for monstro.

    Angry on
  • ShoggothShoggoth Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Angry wrote: »
    Shoggoth wrote: »
    Thinking of speccing this at 40:

    http://www.wardb.com/career.aspx?id=14#7:160:0:0:13:10272:25

    Maybe take out crushing blows if only to free up a tactic slot.

    hulking brute is pretty much a necessity for monstro.

    I'm getting by just fine without it atm. Might try it out again at some point tho.

    Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Had to post this just because it was a pretty awesome match:

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/chrethon/grovodcavern.jpg

    Jebu on
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    what the hell was that bright wizard even doing

    tyrannus on
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I hate it when there are no healers (1=0) in scenarios. There's just no point to it all. On the other hand, two sides with a handful of healers, ending with the losers in the high 400s? Fantastic fun.

    Glal on
  • JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    tyrannus wrote: »
    what the hell was that bright wizard even doing

    That was the weirdest thing; all the BWs sucked. And I know I've seen some of them in Serpent's Passage doing at least reasonable damage.

    Jebu on
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    what spec are you, by the way?

    tyrannus on
  • JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    tyrannus wrote: »
    what spec are you, by the way?

    Full Carnage with Kiss of Doom. When I hit 40 I'm probably going to switch to the On Your Knees/Black Lotus Blade build, although I will miss Pierce Armor and Sharpened Edge. Those abilities utterly screw over tanks.

    Jebu on
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    see I wouldn't get SE but instead maybe CoIP. But my build would basically be, if i don't have another WE wingman, OYK/BLB/KOD

    I do wanna try out pierce armor though

    tyrannus on
  • JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I just enjoy how SE works with Ruthless Assault and OYK. Lowering six people's armor for 3 seconds while knocking them down makes it incredibly easy for your teammates to come in and clean them up.

    Jebu on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Has this been posted yet?

    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=263782

    One of the cut MDPS classes is not coming back. My guess is that it'll be the Choppa replaced by Savage Orcs.

    Zek on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I really hope not

    blue tattoos are cool and all, but I prefer having more armor variations

    Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    kiss of doom is so the best

    tyrannus on
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    edited October 2008
    tyrannus wrote: »
    kiss of doom is so the best

    Leaving a lip-shaped mark of cheetos on targets dead by heart attacks.

    Echo on
    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
  • JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The Hammerer's concept art seemed pretty dull and not much different from the Ironbreaker. I'm hoping they were the ones that were cut.

    Jebu on
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    kiss of doom is so the best

    Leaving a lip-shaped mark of cheetos on targets dead by heart attacks.

    i hate you so so much

    tyrannus on
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Jebu wrote: »
    The Hammerer's concept art seemed pretty dull and not much different from the Ironbreaker. I'm hoping they were the ones that were cut.

    I'm not sure how good of an argument that is. The White Lion / Swordmaster are very difficult to distinguish at a glance.

    Shield + Swords vs Axe + Shoulder Pelt

    Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • RialeRiale Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Seeing as tons of artwork and even the intro cinematic had slayers and slayers are awesome and mythic has spoken about slayers and crap...

    yeah, i think hammerers are getting cut for slayers. just a look at the dwarf forums on warhammer alliance shows what a frothing demand there is for them.

    Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • meatflowermeatflower Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Jebu wrote: »
    The Hammerer's concept art seemed pretty dull and not much different from the Ironbreaker. I'm hoping they were the ones that were cut.

    I'm not sure how good of an argument that is. The White Lion / Swordmaster are very difficult to distinguish at a glance.

    Shield + Swords vs Axe + Shoulder Pelt

    The shoulder pelt is the dead give away.

    meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • EndomaticEndomatic Registered User
    edited October 2008
    What's the best for leveling Witch Hunter?

    I've a got a CR 18 one right now. You don't even get the bullets for Inquisition until 35, so I figure that's probably not such a great route.

    I was going to try Judgment as I use Absolution a lot and Torment too. I like to poke stuff in the back.
    Is this a good spec to use?

    Are the healing effects in Confession really profound at all? I know that combined with Dragon Gun they can be great against groups (and the heal from every hit), but what about in general, before you get those abilities?

    Endomatic on
  • CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think its cool that regardless of WHICH of the two missing classes gets cut, they will be replaced by something crazy and tattooed

    Cryogen on
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Endomatic wrote: »
    What's the best for leveling Witch Hunter?

    I've a got a CR 18 one right now. You don't even get the bullets for Inquisition until 35, so I figure that's probably not such a great route.

    I was going to try Judgment as I use Absolution a lot and Torment too. I like to poke stuff in the back.
    Is this a good spec to use?

    Are the healing effects in Confession really profound at all? I know that combined with Dragon Gun they can be great against groups (and the heal from every hit), but what about in general, before you get those abilities?

    I can't say about the the WH one but the healing equiv ability for WE sucks unless you both crit and use the R3 moral for semi aoe.

    Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Endomatic wrote: »
    What's the best for leveling Witch Hunter?

    I've a got a CR 18 one right now. You don't even get the bullets for Inquisition until 35, so I figure that's probably not such a great route.

    I was going to try Judgment as I use Absolution a lot and Torment too. I like to poke stuff in the back.
    Is this a good spec to use?

    Are the healing effects in Confession really profound at all? I know that combined with Dragon Gun they can be great against groups (and the heal from every hit), but what about in general, before you get those abilities?

    I've gone for Inquisition while levelling because once you get to about 21 or so Torment does pretty decent damage from the front anyway if you've got a good amount of strength. Makes any back attacks you do get in on anything that much better and has really improved my healer hunting in scenarios and around the lakes. Plus having absolution crit nearly always is a big plus.

    Junpei on
Sign In or Register to comment.