As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's take it in the shorts! (aka Let's Give Wall Street One Trillion Tax Dollars)

RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazedby the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
edited October 2008 in Social Entropy++
So whatta ya know, duders and dudettes? How fucked is this? Wall street and the greed of the fatcats has nearly brought our economy to its fucking knees, and now we're being asked ("asked") to provide about one trillion dollars to bail out the cocksuckers that did this to us.

How fucking sweet is that shit?

So, like, apparently that whole housing bubble thing where people were all "HOLY SHIT FREE MONEY WOOOOOO!" turned out to be too good to be true. Fuckers started writing loans to people with no credit checks whatsoever. What's that mister gone bankrupt before and don't have even a damn W2 to show me? You want three quarters of a million bucks to buy a home? Can you sign your name? You can? Well hot damn here's some moolah.

And they kept doing this shit. Over and over. And big companies would buy up the loans in blocks and sell them to overseas groups, huge investors, whatever. And then whatta ya know, it couldn't sustain itself forever, so suddenly there's more money than I can fucking wrap my goddamn head around just suddenly like poof gone or whatever, and we the working stiffs get to fucking pay for it.

Ain't that some goddamn shit.

8406wWN.png
Rankenphile on

• KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    with inflation as it is im going have to raise my prices

Kovak on
    edited September 2008
    1 dollar handjob going the way of the double cheese burger

$1.20

Kovak on
  • SephSeph Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    this is it

this is my thread

Seph on
    doit.png
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    the guys who OWN these places

bonuses last year of like

20 billion dollars

between like 3 dudes

they will keep every dime

Raneados on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am not such as a dude who claims to know a lot about the economy but companies posting huge losses and raising prices to recoup while at the same time giving million of dollars worth of bonuses to themselves turns me the wrong way

Javen on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah but are you telling me I can't buy a house if I dont have money for one?

I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA

#pipe on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    let's fuckin' string em up and let each and every goddamn tax payer who has to pay for their bullshit walk by and punch their stupid corpses right square in the ballsack

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited September 2008
    this is almost exactly how the great depression happened

im not even joking

Seph on
    doit.png
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    see, back in the good old days, we wouldn't stand for this shit

we'd go round up, like, Montana or something and just fucking overthrow the motherfuckers

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited September 2008
    but how am i supposed to afford a house

Kovak on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    let's fuckin' string em up and let each and every goddamn tax payer who has to pay for their bullshit walk by and punch their stupid corpses right square in the ballsack

How about we hang them after the ball punching?

#pipe on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    instead of spending the billions to bail out these fucking douche corporations

let's spend HALF of the amount and give it to all the people to recoup the losses and let the big stupid bitch corporation flail and die

and then imprison the people in charge, take their assets, and disperse them like sane people

Raneados on
    edited September 2008
    seriously, if this fucks up my student loans for the next four years, I am walking all the way to DC and straight up cockpunching Bush

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Why did we sell low?

We used to own 4 houses once ...

Muse Among Men on
  • eryu90eryu90 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm up for a good lynching.

eryu90 on
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I wish I was a big enough corporation to get billions of dollars after I decided to light my piles of money on fire.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
    edited September 2008
    Raneados wrote: »
    instead of spending the billions to bail out these fucking douche corporations

let's spend HALF of the amount and give it to all the people to recoup the losses and let the big stupid bitch corporation flail and die

and then imprison the people in charge, take their assets, and disperse them like sane people

hahaha that's not how evil works silly rane

Seph on
    doit.png
    edited September 2008
    "Hey, America? Yeah uh we kinda fucked up there. Got a little out of hand. Sorry, our bad. Tell ya what, we're going to give back the 20 billion each we fucking snookered you for, reduce the penalties and unobfuscate these fucking mortgage contracts, then start building a fund to fucking pay back every last dime we stole while working out a way to cover the losses of all those stupid loans we wrote when we were all high and shit. Sorry about that, we got ya covered."

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Kovak wrote: »

$1.20

when a man can't get a decent handie from a man with a large nose for a dollar or less, the world is going to hell in a handbasket

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited September 2008
    I am becoming a vigilante

that's it

Raneados on
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh God if this passes what does it mean for my college?

Shit.

Muse Among Men on
    edited September 2008
    Hoo boy what a hell of a day

CEOing is a hard friggin job I tell you what

My company is going down the shitter and I actually had to have 2 meetings this week and bring my bi-monthly eight day dynamite fishing trip to the virgin untouched shores of the bahamas down to only seven days

I need like, 2 or 3 million dollar bonus holy shit I'm stressed.

#pipe on
    edited September 2008

$1.20

when a man can't get a decent handie from a man with a large nose for a dollar or less, the world is going to hell in a handbasket
    every time I see that schnozz, I imagine him jerking off, reaching climax and honking like someone just hit a swan with a baseball

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited September 2008

that's it

This is now the budding vigilante thread. SE will be your network of liasons. We will all buy you equipment then send them to you, free of charge.

Whatever it takes.

Muse Among Men on
    edited September 2008

$1.20

every time I see that schnozz, I imagine him jerking off, reaching climax and honking like someone just hit a swan with a baseball

his frizzy hair expands like one of those desktop sphere paperweights

Orikaeshigitae on
  • itswebitsweb Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    no, i think it seems pretty logical.

hey, we forgot how to run our business and now we're neck high in the shit hole. mind throwing us a rope?
    made of money

itsweb on
    edited September 2008

that's it

This is now the budding vigilante thread. SE will be your network of liasons. We will all buy you equipment then send them to you, free of charge.

Whatever it takes.

I call sending him brass knuckles

gonna have angry bananas on them

#pipe on
    edited September 2008
    itsweb wrote: »

hey, we forgot how to run our business and now we're neck high in the shit hole. mind throwing us a rope?
    made of money
    made of all the money in the woooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllld

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited September 2008
    why the fuck is bush so dick heavy on getting this passed?

because he probably stands to make billions off it aduhuuuuuuuhhhhh

Raneados on
    edited September 2008
    why the fuck is bush so dick heavy on getting this passed?

because he probably stands to make billions off it aduhuuuuuuuhhhhh
    didn't he have some board position for like one of those mortgage companies, fannie mae or bernie mac or whatever?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited September 2008

made of money

you forget that while they say this

they're holding giant sacks of money with big $'s on it behind their backs

Raneados on
    edited September 2008
    This makes me wanna move to Europe.

Buon Giorno, muthafuckas.

Muse Among Men on
    edited September 2008
    you guys also know about the 40billion per year the detroit automakers are looking for
    they claim it is for research and development of more effecient/alternative cars (YEA RIGHT)

also this one was pretty good
    http://news.aol.com/article/house-gop-revolts-against-cheney/185902?icid=100214839x1209679396x1200575923 *scroll down*

Seph on
    doit.png
    edited September 2008
    it's cool though, the government says they're totally gunna pay us back for it, you guys

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

made of money

Obviously we'll have to weave more 100 dollar bills to make sure the rope can support the added weight of their sacks of gold.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
    edited September 2008
    times like these i love not living in america

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited September 2008

$1.20

you guys are the reason i post here

Kovak on
    edited September 2008
    President Bush stated that the government is not going to "bail out" mortgage lenders due to the fact that it would more than likely only make the problem continue.

Raneados on
  • itswebitsweb Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

made of money

and performing fellatio on Henry Paulson

itsweb on
    edited September 2008
    do i get any money for not sucking at running big corporations

Kovak on