As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's take it in the shorts! (aka Let's Give Wall Street One Trillion Tax Dollars)

• Options
    eryu90eryu90 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    now thats a campaign i can get behind.

eryu90 on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It had to all come crashing down eventually.

But the thing is, and correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm not living in America, but didn't Bush and his administration see this shit forming several years ago? Because it's not like this happened over night... Man your president sucks.

Where are you? - If you dont mind me asking.

Australia.

We certainly feel some of the shit that goes down in the US, but we like to think we have a little bit of padding thanks to our trade with Asia or something.

If there's any sign of trouble I'm pulling all my savings out from my bank accounts and dumping it under my mattress!

Oh shoot, nice for you. The way things are going I dont know if I could get to study abroad like I had planned. Or maybe it will actually be a better idea? But dang if living in another country for a couple of years dont sound like a good idea. I am seriously contemplating the thought.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Puttin' in a big ol' order of shotgun shells tomorrow morning.

Also, so glad that I've got close to 400lbs of moose meat in my deep freeze. Fuck yeah!

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man your president sucks.
    really? we had no idea!
    I'm glad to be the first one to let you know, in that case.
    Infact, if you want, I can inform you about many other facts that you may have previously been unaware of... All for a low-low fee of less than what you'll be forced to pay your government!

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i'm hearing a lot of 'no blank checks!'

catchy

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    OPEN ASS FUCK BORDERS

VOTE RANEADOS

man

I am totally too tired to catch on to THIS?!

I am going the fuck to bed

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

But the thing is, and correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm not living in America, but didn't Bush and his administration see this shit forming several years ago? Because it's not like this happened over night... Man your president sucks.

Australia.

We certainly feel some of the shit that goes down in the US, but we like to think we have a little bit of padding thanks to our trade with Asia or something.

If there's any sign of trouble I'm pulling all my savings out from my bank accounts and dumping it under my mattress!

Oh shoot, nice for you. The way things are going I dont know if I could get to study abroad like I had planned. Or maybe it will actually be a better idea? But dang if living in another country for a couple of years dont sound like a good idea. I am seriously contemplating the thought.

If you are hot (even if just a little bit), you can live in our garage! We never park our cars in it, so there's heaps of space, and it's not directly accessible from the house, so you wouldn't even disturb us much!

But seriously - cost of living in Aus has gotten pretty high these days, too. Renting in Sydney is a joke. Buying a house anywhere remotely respectable is also a joke, but it's better than renting.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said that Bush "believes it is important for the American people to fully understand the depth of the crisis in our financial markets, how that crisis affects them, and the urgent need to agree on a solution." Bush has been criticized for waiting too long to speak in prime time.

why don't i have a clue beyond the most general broadest guess at what is going on?
    is it because the president does have a clue beyond the most general broadest guess at what is going on?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Australia.

If you are hot (even if just a little bit), you can live in our garage! We never park our cars in it, so there's heaps of space, and it's not directly accessible from the house, so you wouldn't even disturb us much!

In two more years, totally.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    the mormon church is going to use this economic crash to establish utah as its own nation state

Kovak on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    muse are you 14 or 15 I can't remember

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    i feel like i am talking to myself guys

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Oh shi-

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said that Bush "believes it is important for the American people to fully understand the depth of the crisis in our financial markets, how that crisis affects them, and the urgent need to agree on a solution." Bush has been criticized for waiting too long to speak in prime time.

why don't i have a clue beyond the most general broadest guess at what is going on?
    is it because the president does have a clue beyond the most general broadest guess at what is going on?

You could make an effort to try to understand what is going on
    In fact I invite everyone to try this

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    see this is why I didn't want to come back here

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Oh shi-

16 in December so in two years I'd be 18 and living in Australia.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    daaamn muse

didn't realize you were only a year younger than I

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    HomelessHomeless Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Kovak wrote: »
    the mormon church is going to use this economic crash to establish utah as its own nation state

we have to run away into the sunset before that happens

actually, towards the sunset is the salt flats

nevermind

Homeless on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This shit makes me want to run for something and try to help

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Uncle Long wrote: »
    Puttin' in a big ol' order of shotgun shells tomorrow morning.

Also, so glad that I've got close to 400lbs of moose meat in my deep freeze. Fuck yeah!

Hey, any of you guys have any good jerky recipes?

This is going to take me a while to go through.

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Homeless wrote: »
    Kovak wrote: »

we have to run away to the sunset before that happens

i was thinking we single handedly assault their goddamn giant office building thing

Kovak on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    daaamn muse

No, actually. It's not just me and Projeck!

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    itswebitsweb Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    daaamn muse

bow chicka bow wooow
    [ ] y
    [ ] n

itsweb on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Oh shi-

And you'd actually be of legal age to drink down here. Bonus!

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    HomelessHomeless Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    then we still have the temple and every. single. church

and they have a records complex built into the side of a goddamned mountain

Homeless on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Oh shi-

And you'd actually be of legal age to drink down here. Bonus!

Deal! So many margeritas ...

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    i'm hearing a lot of 'no blank checks!'

catchy

i don't know what people have against them

worked out pretty well in the movie

satansfingers on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Seriously
    If anyone wants to do more than yell platitudes and paranoia
    You could start where everyone starts with everything

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulson_financial_rescue_plan

And maybe actually read a newspaper
    http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-regulate25-2008sep25,0,920927.story

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    nah I'm more content to yell.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh God if this passes what does it mean for my college?

Shit.

Start applying for scholarships now. Getting a non-federal student loan is hard right now and it's only going to get harder.

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    IpseDixit wrote: »

Shit.

Start applying for scholarships now. Getting a non-federal student loan is hard right now and it's only going to get harder.

Starting December I can. When exactly would this go into effect?

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    the problem is i miss the national news on the tv thanks to my hours
    the newspaper i read has about 2 pages of natl news, half of which is weather and celeb gossip
    the noon news really broadly summarizes most national things

the web news i read is either really really focused (an article about mccain going back to work on a bill or something) or really really broad (7000000000 dollar bailout to wall st in the works)

and i am left slightly informed and very worried in a vague sense of somehow becoming poorer through no fault of mine

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    LucentLucent Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This makes me angry enough to really wish a military coup was possible in this day and age.

Lucent on
    s6e07VashAndJennySig2.png
    I'm afraid to click that spoiler. I'm not sure I want to know. I'll just keep trying to fuck everything. -- trentsteel
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    the problem is i miss the national news on the tv thanks to my hours
    the newspaper i read has about 2 pages of natl news, half of which is weather and celeb gossip
    the noon news really broadly summarizes most national things

the web news i read is either really really focused (an article about mccain going back to work on a bill or something) or really really broad (7000000000 dollar bailout to wall st in the works)

and i am left slightly informed and very worried in a vague sense of somehow becoming poorer through no fault of mine

Really it can't take more than five minutes to read this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulson_financial_rescue_plan

maybe two more to read this
    http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-regulate25-2008sep25,0,920927.story

Complete ignorance has no excuse!

BusterK on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    In fact, some of the most basic details, including the $700 billion figure Treasury would use to buy up bad debt, are fuzzy.

"It's not based on any particular data point," a Treasury spokeswoman told Forbes.com Tuesday. "We just wanted to choose a really large number."

The damnedest thing.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    IpseDixit wrote: »

Shit.

Starting December I can. When exactly would this go into effect?

The buyout really won't have much of an effect on it. Banks just aren't giving out loans right now, especially student loans which they have to sit on for several years, and then receive payment back very slowly.

Scholarships are your only hope right now, assuming your parents/relatives haven't set up an education fund (which if they have you better hope it's backed by conservative investments)

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    # By a margin of 55 percent to 31 percent, Americans say it's not the government's responsibility to bail out private companies with taxpayer dollars, even if their collapse could damage the economy, according to the latest Bloomberg/Los Angeles Times poll. [37]
    # By a margin of nearly two-to-one, Americans surveyed say the federal government is doing the right thing in intervening in the financial market credit crunch[38]

Huh?

Wait, so they don't want the gov't to bail out private companies, but they want the gov't to intervene? I don't follow...

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Lucent wrote: »
    This makes me angry enough to really wish a military coup was possible in this day and age.

Who says it isn't?

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    In fact, some of the most basic details, including the $700 billion figure Treasury would use to buy up bad debt, are fuzzy.

"It's not based on any particular data point," a Treasury spokeswoman told Forbes.com Tuesday. "We just wanted to choose a really large number."

The damnedest thing.
    were they high? who let this guy talk to the press?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

The damnedest thing.
    were they high? who let this guy talk to the press?

Ahahahahahahahahaha giggling so hard right now. People are looking at me. Ok gotta stop.

*snort*

Tweaked_Bat_ on