As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's take it in the shorts! (aka Let's Give Wall Street One Trillion Tax Dollars)

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    do you feel pinching

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2008
    Hopefully they put together a bill in the next go around that isn't absolutely retarded.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    I don't know

is someone pinching me?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    do you feel pinching

more specifically in the heart region

Javen on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    dead feels like pinching

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    all I know is I spent 40 of the past 48 hours drawing

and I seriously developed a callous on one finger from pressing my pen into it so hard for so long

living off of dennys coffee and sleep deprivation and a piece of pie

fuck I want to curl up and sleep for weeks

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    also this whole fucking wall street shit or whatever best not effect my ability to go to school

I gots good credit and all, but damn if I can't get a loan I'm up shit creek

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    rank do you need a hug

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    you should probably be fine. Student loans are a different monster.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I feel you there, Rank, it was hard enough getting a $7000 loan at 12% nondeferred interest, I better be able to still get something in May.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I need a meal and a nap

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Amen to that, hoss

Javen on
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mysst wrote: »
    I feel you there, Rank, it was hard enough getting a $7000 loan at 12% nondeferred interest, I better be able to still get something in May.

Jesus I could offer you a loan at 10%, finance it off my line of credit, and still make hundreds of dollars of profit.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    robothero wrote: »

studewnt loans are already starting to have issues.

Evander on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ruckus wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »

Jesus I could offer you a loan at 10%, finance it off my line of credit, and still make hundreds of dollars of profit.
    Yes, I am not pleased at all with it. With it being a student loan it rreally should have the interest deferred as well as the payments, i thought, so I'm calling them when I get home and being 'What the fuck?"

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    you guys are fucked.

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Evander wrote: »

studewnt loans are already starting to have issues.

I guess this is where not being a student anymore is starting to show.

Also I didn't have any loans.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    There's always prosper.com, who needs banks! Peer-to-peer, free-market usury at its finest.

LTM on
  • Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i was lucky enough to have parents who started a school fund for me when i was born

also cheap education in utah

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, my folks started up a college fund for me as well, and I got scholarships that knocked out the bulk of the cost of school, so the fund covers the rest pretty comfortably

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    CVS paid for most of my education, thanks to them mucking up a perscription when I was a kid, which landed me in the hospital for a few days.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    CVS paid for most of my education, thanks to them mucking up a perscription when I was a kid, which landed me in the hospital for a few days.

Nice

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I wish I could just get rid of my school loans completely. I pay way too much and I can't get it any lower. God.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This whole thing scares the shit out of me. I've turned to alcoholism to cope

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    This whole thing scares the shit out of me. I've turned to alcoholism to cope

Bootlegging and rumrunning could make you quite the profit once Great Depression Round 2 hits

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I really feel like a lot of people are not seeing how terrifying this whole situation is. These people being college freshmen living on my floor mostly

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    dang I don't know how I didn't see this thread

Ranx on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    I really feel like a lot of people are not seeing how terrifying this whole situation is. These people being college freshmen living on my floor mostly

it's not as terrifying as the depression by any means

it sure as hell is gonna suck though

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I say we refuse to give money to Wall Street
    And instead put money into Main Street

i.e. Everyone goes to Disneyland

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'm on board

Javen on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man, I'm pretty psyched about getting out of grad school in about eight months. Especially since my degree is pretty much only good in America. Yee-haw.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    BusterK wrote: »

Disney World, Buster

I am down with this plan

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Seriously, not to sound like an asshole but this is EXACTLY whats wrong with the way we run our government, the people don't run it, SOME people do and they run it in a way to help their self interests and then they run it into the ground.

Honestly were pretty fucked right now and it sucks. If we enter another Great Depression, I think we need to go back to old school American ways.

Like remember when we said "Fuck you England"? Yeah, that old school.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Seriously, not to sound like an asshole but this is EXACTLY whats wrong with the way we run our government, the people don't run it, SOME people do and they run it in a way to help their self interests and then they run it into the ground.

Honestly were pretty fucked right now and it sucks. If we enter another Great Depression, I think we need to go back to old school American ways.

Like remember when we said "Fuck you England"? Yeah, that old school.

the oldschool american ways led to the great depression

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Olivaw wrote: »
    BusterK wrote: »

Disney World, Buster

I am down with this plan

Hey, my plan only included spending this money in Main Street U.S.A.
    Not to use to try to have sex with Sheri
    You add all these amendments and everything will get fucked up

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    this was caught early enough that there is no way it will lead to anything even remotely close to a depression

unfortunately the timing is awful for any sort of bipartisan bill to be passed with any sort of celerity

Javen on
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Javen wrote: »
    this was caught early enough that we can buy our way out of it, passing the cost of our failures on to future generations at minimal cost to ourselves

LTM on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Javen wrote: »
    this was caught early enough that there is no way it will lead to anything even remotely close to a depression

unfortunately the timing is awful for any sort of bipartisan bill to be passed with any sort of celerity

this could very easily lead to a depression, but not the "hell in a handbasket" everyone that is screaming like a lunatic seems to think it will be

it's gonna be real bad, but a bailout will lead to far more problems in the long-run

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This is nowhere near as bad as the Great Depression. People saying that don't understand how economics work. It's shitty yes, but it's not the same as preludes to the Depression.

Also, I am incredibly glad I just landed ROTC scholarships, as my money just ran out for school. It's perfect though, college degree with zero loans. Just gotta do the Guard for another five years....

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I've been reading up like crazy but does anyone know how close we are to hitting depression level?

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg