As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROCK BAND: We don't have "Jessie's Girl" ...yet

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I don't think we'll be seeing any more Pixies, Cars, Jane's Addiction, Judas Priest, Rush, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Motley Crue, AC/DC, Who, Boston, Nirvana, Megadeth, or No Doubt unless it's on-disk for Rock Band 3.

Also, after listing it all, holy shit there's a lot of albums out for Rock Band.

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Bring on the Talking Heads! Remain in Light or whatever will give me Life During Wartime, plz

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Also Beck

We need a lot more Beck

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I don't think we'll be seeing any more Pixies,

:(

My dreams!

I still really do want Where is my Mind though. Playing it is pretty chilly.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Alive is one of the most fun songs to play on drums. I just needed to say that, really, and this also comes from someone that never really liked Pearl Jam at all.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Alive is one of the most fun songs to play on drums. I just needed to say that, really, and this also comes from someone that never really liked Pearl Jam at all.

It's pretty fun to play on all instruments, really (I haven't played bass, I'm sure it's dull). Guitar has a wicked solo and even though the vocals are easy, I love singing to it since I'm so used to singing along to the song when it comes on the radio in the car.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Also Beck

We need a lot more Beck

Nimble Cat on
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I've been thinking about picking up either Rock Band or Guitar Hero. Now I'd only be playing by myself or with people online, so it would strictly be a guitar game for me. I'm kind of leaning toward Rock Band because of the songs, especially now that I know Silversun Pickups or coming to Rock Band.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I don't think we'll be seeing any more Pixies, Cars, Jane's Addiction, Judas Priest, Rush, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Motley Crue, AC/DC, Who, Boston, Nirvana, Megadeth, or No Doubt unless it's on-disk for Rock Band 3.

Also, after listing it all, holy shit there's a lot of albums out for Rock Band.

I wouldn't count that out at all. They already expressed an interest in doing more Who DLC down the line. And I wouldn't expect RB3 so quickly either.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I've been thinking about picking up either Rock Band or Guitar Hero. Now I'd only be playing by myself or with people online, so it would strictly be a guitar game for me. I'm kind of leaning toward Rock Band because of the songs, especially now that I know Silversun Pickups or coming to Rock Band.

I'm not sure why that rules out drums.

A ton of people find drums to be outrageously fun, so if I were you I'd try them out somewhere before ruling them out.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

A ton of people find drums to be outrageously fun, so if I were you I'd try them out somewhere before ruling them out.

Or singing. I'm a pretty terrible singer, but I do it anyway and it's fun.

Nimble Cat on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Bring on the Talking Heads! Remain in Light or whatever will give me Life During Wartime, plz

My tin foil hat thinks there's more Talking Heads coming, because in a pre-release interview with the guys (and gal) who did all the TV appearances, they were asked what their favorite new song is, and the one guy goes "The Talking Heads". The interviewer goes oh great, which song is on disc? and the HMX guy had no idea. He goes "Um...what did we put there?" and someone else had to say Psycho Killer.

I just feel like if that was the only song they had, and it was his favorite new song in the game, he'd have remembered it!

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm on the drums this morning if anyone wants to mess around before I go get lunch.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    mxmarks wrote: »

My tin foil hat thinks there's more Talking Heads coming, because in a pre-release interview with the guys (and gal) who did all the TV appearances, they were asked what their favorite new song is, and the one guy goes "The Talking Heads". The interviewer goes oh great, which song is on disc? and the HMX guy had no idea. He goes "Um...what did we put there?" and someone else had to say Psycho Killer.

I just feel like if that was the only song they had, and it was his favorite new song in the game, he'd have remembered it!

I think you'd be amazed at the number of people who couldn't name a song to save their life but know the name of the band that did it.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

I'm not ruling them out, just from a cost stand point I can only afford one instrument. I'm sure they're a lot of fun but I'd rather have the guitar.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    mxmarks wrote: »

Actually, this leads me to believe that they have more Talking Heads songs already developed with Note Charts, and he couldn't remember which song was actually put on disc.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It led me to believe that PR reps said "Hey, you guys mention these bands during the interview so that word gets out that they're on the disc." And that guy got stuck with Talking Heads and happened to not really be that big into them.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Upper 90s heat + drumming for 2 hours = I feel like I have multiple layers of sweat

That's my workout for the morning. I did the Disturbed pack on drums and only 3 starred Inside the Fire but 4 starred the others. I feel like a champion.

Arikado on
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You know what I just realized? There's no Alice Cooper in RB2 or GHWT.
    What the F?

They need to remedy that situation immediately.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Well Alice has been doing a lot of PR stuff and concert hosting in support of Rock Band so who knows.

Also, there's this new commercial for GH:WT that has Kobe Bryant, Mike Phelps, Alex Rodriguez, and Tony "PR Whore" Hawk.

GH4 Commercial

...yeah...

EDIT: I apologize for the D: I have unleashed on the top of the page.

Arikado on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    That song isn't even in GHWT, is it?

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    What the F?

The biggest "ugh" ever.

I would make it size 7 font but it's futile because we have no size 100 font.

Not only is Alice Cooper fucking terrible, but both Billion Dollar Babies and School's Out were terrible notecharts, showing that neither Harmonix or Neversoft can get anything useful out of the band.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Tony Hawk looks sooooooooo stupid in that commercial.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Imagine how much it cost for that 30 second commercial.

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Tony Hawk's corny-looking face made that commercial more awesome than it should be.

But no, that song isn't in the game.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Pretty hilarious that they decide to advertise with a song that isn't even in the game.

By hilarious I mean pathetic. I hope Rock Band has it for DLC soon.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Once again, videos of people just playing Rock Band in a packed room and having the time of their lives is way more effective than "Hey look at these big stars playing our game because we own them!"

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I thought the 30sec "Joker & the Thief" Rock Band commercial was pretty dull but still quite effective.

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I never saw a Rock Band 1 commercial. :(

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Tony Hawk's corny-looking face made that commercial more awesome than it should be.

But no, that song isn't in the game.

I guess they're taking tips from Konami. The Rock Revolution commercial also features a song that isn't in the actual game.

Activision makes some pretty terrible (and costly I imagine) ads for Guitar Hero.

Omeks on
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I didn't like Rock Band's commercial, but 2's was great. Don't remember Guitar Hero III's.

But Guitar Hero II for the 360 had the best commercial.

Sir Platypus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I never saw a Rock Band 1 commercial. :(

I tried looking for the Wolfmother one. I know I saw it. It was just a short blip, probably not even 20 seconds. It displayed the full band notecharts and just played the guitar intro then skipped ahead in the song then it flashed the whole Rock Band logo thing.

There was the Nintendo Wii version though with "Welcome Home"

Rock Band Wii

And then the UK commercial with "Suffragette City" and all awesome:

Rock Band UK

Arikado on
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What the F?

The biggest "ugh" ever.

Not only is Alice Cooper fucking terrible, but both Billion Dollar Babies and School's Out were terrible notecharts, showing that neither Harmonix or Neversoft can get anything useful out of the band.

I'm sure you want something in Rock Band that I consider fucking terrible, but you don't have to be a little twat about it. Many people would agree that having some more Alice Cooper would be awesome.
    If you don't like it, no one's putting a gun to your head and forcing you to download it.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    Can_CalyxCan_Calyx Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Arikado wrote: »
    Well Alice has been doing a lot of PR stuff and concert hosting in support of Rock Band so who knows.

Also, there's this new commercial for GH:WT that has Kobe Bryant, Mike Phelps, Alex Rodriguez, and Tony "PR Whore" Hawk.

GH4 Commercial

...yeah...

EDIT: I apologize for the D: I have unleashed on the top of the page.

That is the stupidest damn thing I've ever seen.

Can_Calyx on
    Those Days Different.
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What the F?

The biggest "ugh" ever.

The notechart for Billion Dollar Babies wasn't really bad. It's not my favorite song in GH2 by a long shot but it's pretty fun.

I'll agree on School's Out, though. It was a bad choice for GH3.

Edit: The best part of that GH4 commercial is Tony Hawk playing drums with a helmet on and that facial expression.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I don't know - I liked School's Out.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well, it doesn't get much more corporate than that.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, the ad is a travesty.

And dressing them all up in pink fratboy shirts?

I don't even know what they were going for.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    What I don't get is why they couldn't have done it with regular people.

Maybe I'm overestimating the intellect of the American consumer, but it doesn't seem like having Tony Hawk and Kobe Bryant in a commercial is going to make you think "Hey, I wanna play that because Tony Hawk does it!"

Omeks on
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What the F?

The biggest "ugh" ever.

I'm sure you want something in Rock Band that I consider fucking terrible, but you don't have to be a little twat about it. Many people would agree that having some more Alice Cooper would be awesome.
    If you don't like it, no one's putting a gun to your head and forcing you to download it.

Yeah... It's best to take it in stride. I should know.

Santa Claustrophobia on