Options

No More Heroes 2

• Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The best thing with Rose Nasty is fighting other guys with sabers and never giving them a chance to do anything. You can just keep hitting them and hitting them for like 50 blows until they finally die. Blocking is of no use to those who challenge the Nasty.

Gilder on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Gilder wrote: »
    Sorry friend, the final levels in the gym cost 14k. You've got one more round ahead of you of kicking dumbbells.

Does in unlock after the next boss? I did all of the available ones, well my wife did, at rank 8. I may be forgetting the price.

Yeah, I will try the swords out some more before I settle on a favorite.

The jacket from nmh1 is still my favorite.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    this game is all about the b button anyways, mix up a few saber hits for some damage, mix up some high low b punches for the dizzy, wrestlefest time.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Gilder wrote: »
    Sorry friend, the final levels in the gym cost 14k. You've got one more round ahead of you of kicking dumbbells.

Does in unlock after the next boss? I did all of the available ones, well my wife did, at rank 8. I may be forgetting the price.

Yeah, I will try the swords out some more before I settle on a favorite.

The jacket from nmh1 is still my favorite.

It should. What's confusing is the bar of stars at the top is your current level. You're not completing it and filling in a star, it's the furthest star that's filled in that you're working on. So if you had one white star left then yeah, you'll get it after the next boss.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ahahaha. I can't stop laughing at the level before the Rank 3 fight. Bravo Suda. Bravo. Anyway I finished that and then the Rank 2 fight. Guess now I have to grind out a ton of money so I can buy the last pieces of clothing and then hope they don't disappear on me. I think I'm going to need around 400k to buy what's left, and I have to buy it all in one shot.

Gilder on
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Anybody have a good strategy for #1?

Once he's on foot it's pretty ridiculous.
    I can handle the bat-breath and most of the grabs, but the telepunch is, well, frustrating as hell. Hmmm...maybe I should try using the sword-switch trick to become invulnerable. Is there a tellsign before he starts popping in and out of the air?

Otherwise, excellent boss, really. Really reminds me of the final boss from The Simpsons Arcade in a lot of ways.

Linespider5 on
  • Options
    Red or AliveRed or Alive Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Rising Star Games' Twitter feed states an end-of-April release date for PAL regions. That's an even longer delay between the US and EU/Oz than the first game. I had hoped for a speedier release after the (relative) sales success that was NMH1 for RSG.

Red or Alive on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Linespider5 on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Rising Star Games' Twitter feed states an end-of-April release date for PAL regions. That's an even longer delay between the US and EU/Oz than the first game. I had hoped for a speedier release after the (relative) sales success that was NMH1 for RSG.

On the upside, we should actually get the gory version this time.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Anybody have a good strategy for #1?

Once he's on foot it's pretty ridiculous.
    I can handle the bat-breath and most of the grabs, but the telepunch is, well, frustrating as hell. Hmmm...maybe I should try using the sword-switch trick to become invulnerable. Is there a tellsign before he starts popping in and out of the air?

Otherwise, excellent boss, really. Really reminds me of the final boss from The Simpsons Arcade in a lot of ways.
    Rank 1 fight:
    To me it seems like luck is a huge part of this fight. When I beat him, I was using Peony charge up attacks and pretty much rolling out of the way as soon as I hit him. The upside of this is that the charge attack makes you invulnerable as you unleash it. If he just missed with an attack, then I would use the wii remote waggle followed by a nunchuck waggle for a couple quick hits - I hardly ever regular attacked him. If he telepunches you into a wall, he will usually be close afterward, and immediately try to telepunch again. Stay down until he's done with his second wave, or he'll just keep it up. I still haven't figured out a good way to avoid his hurricane punches or whatever, but like I said, luck.

If anyone knows of a good way to stun him, I'm all ears.

---

Regarding t-shirts I thought those two were a couple of the best in the game. The others didn't really feel as creative as in NMH 1; the new jackets made it hard to tell what the shirts were, and even then they were hard to read. I think my favorite though was the panda.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is gonna sound really bitchy but I still don't understand why they didn't make more skins for the game. The original had one character model with 8 different jacket textures. It really couldn't have been that hard to amp in some variations for the different coats and stuff. I suppose it goes against the greater design philosophy of the game, but I would've totally been down with more clothing, even if it meant I'd have to replay the game six times to unlock the extra stuff.

Linespider5 on
  • Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Use peony. If you swing JUST as you hear the teleport noise you hit him before he lands his blow. This doesn't end the sequence, so just keep swinging as fast as you can from that point on until he stops.

psyck0 on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Is it just me, or does Suda have a thing for scorpions? They're enemies in Bug Out and Coconut Grabber (and the toughest enemies in Bug Out are giant scorpions) and the only 3D job to return from the original was the scorpion-hunting.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does Suda have a thing for scorpions? They're enemies in Bug Out and Coconut Grabber (and the toughest enemies in Bug Out are giant scorpions) and the only 3D job to return from the original was the scorpion-hunting.

I was hoping there was going to be some sort of "FUCK SCORPIONS" shirt. I was disappointed... :(

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tigers and scorpions are kickass.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Andy Joe wrote: »

I think a lot of Suda's design choices actually have an underlying, practical reasoning, even if the outward appearance makes no sense. That might even be the qualifier. Of course, it's sooo easy to begin interpolating ideas, I shouldn't even start, but the scorpion's awfully similar to the traditional gaming foe. Some small, underfoot thing that if it touches you you're fucked, that can be found practically anywhere.

Linespider5 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I had better luck with the stamina treadmill when I started using the classic controller.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Shinobu Vs. Charlie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyVsyCX6KvA
    You can skip to 0:40

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    One thing I've noticed about Desperate Struggle that's different from the original is that the pacing of the boss fights is generally much faster. With many of the old bosses, like Bad Girl and Henry, the best strategy was to play defensively and counter their attacks, whereas with some of the later bosses here you really have to go after them and initiate attacks yourself. There were bosses like that in the original too, like Holly, but now it seems they're higher ranked and more difficult.

Specifically,
    Margaret, Alice, and Jasper's second form are all fights where you have to be aggressive, at least from how I played them. All those fights were sort of battles of attrition-I couldn't dodge or counter their attacks real consistently, so I had to make sure their health meters went down faster than mine.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    agoaj wrote: »
    Shinobu Vs. Charlie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyVsyCX6KvA
    You can skip to 0:40

Can you explain how this is happening?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Someone modded their wii methinks

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Finally got my hands on this one. I still haven't finished the first, but that's because driving around on the bike is an exercise in frustration.

Thankfully Desperate Struggle drops the bike driving in favor of menus.

All-around, I'm enjoying it much more than the first, but my gripe with the original still remains in that it needs HD in a bad way. Things just get all muddled together and it's hard to tell what's what sometimes. The new one isn't as bad an offender, but the first was so plagued by it, that I just couldn't finish it.

Also, playing with the classic controller is soo much better.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I have $30 in Best Buy gift certs. Its between this, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, or Bioshock 2.

Someone with all 3 tell me what to do!

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Classic Controller is for SILLY GEESE. If this post was made in a few more days I'd have something much stronger to say about it.

This, TvC, or Bioshock 2.

I've heard disappointing things about BS2. More of the same, multiplayer isn't very good, didn't really need another Bioshock game, etc.

I've played and beaten both of the Wii games.

NMH2 is an extremely solid ten hour game.

TvC is what I consider to be the best game in the Versus series.

If you prefer single player games, get NMH2.

If you prefer multiplayer, have someone to play with or a decent online connection, get TvC. The online play is fantastic after all.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I've just never gotten used to using the analog stick on the nunchuck for movement, and when something as basic as moving around is hindering me having fun, I opt for the alternate control.

Now, if there was a nunchuck that somehow allowed the analog stick to be rotated about 30 degrees counter clockwise where my thumb could move it just like a 360 controller, or had an extra handle on it that positioned the stick lower in reference to your hand like a PS3 controller, we'd be in business.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    How did you beat NMH2 in 10 hours? I've played it somewhere between 10 and 15 hours (left it paused for a couple really long periods) and am only at rank 8. I guess being good at the gym stuff could shave a two hours off of that time.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Only time we died was against Skelter Helter. Only bought the beam katanas, one set of clothes, and yes, I am pretty much the king of Stamina. Muscle besides rank 2 took between 1 and 3 tries and my buddy is king of meat.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wow, that is impressive. I spend a lot of time at the gym.

I'm trying to decide if I should get caught up with stamina or do another ranking battle.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I have $30 in Best Buy gift certs. Its between this, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, or Bioshock 2.

Someone with all 3 tell me what to do!

Buy No More Heroes 2. Then, if you dig air-comboing people and miss Viewtiful Joe, get TvsC.

Linespider5 on
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    my buddy is king of meat.

Man the Meat is definitely a cash cow (no pun intended). My record is 56K; that's crazy for doing nothing more than holding down the A button and counting seconds.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    After I pointed out to him that the number of flames changes between each stage, speeding up the cooking, he figured out the exact one-one thousand timing to get delicious every single time. He could do it perfectly each time after our fourth attempt!

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    After I pointed out to him that the number of flames changes between each stage, speeding up the cooking, he figured out the exact one-one thousand timing to get delicious every single time. He could do it perfectly each time after our fourth attempt!

man what

And here I've been happy perfecting my sewer puzzle game.

...counting the flames...crazy

Linespider5 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I noticed the different flames, but still have a really hard time getting it right. My much more observant wife does pretty good at it though.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Vyolynce wrote: »

Man the Meat is definitely a cash cow (no pun intended). My record is 56K; that's crazy for doing nothing more than holding down the A button and counting seconds.

You guys know that in the astronaut game on the last round if you leave 1 easy piece of trash and suicide the timer resets. Then you grab that piece of trash immediately and finish.... the time bonus will net you 96-98k for just that round. Easy way to get about 130k for the 4 rounds each and every time.

EDIT: I just realized you can move the trash and leave it somewhere, die, and IT WILL STILL BE THERE. So you could drop it right in front of the door... and probably break 100k for just the 4th level. Damn, wish I thought of that part before I beat it.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That's an exploit and you should be ashamed of yourself.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

I first discovered it on my first attempt at the game... when I died on the last trash piece.... and then finished. I saw the time bonus and laughed.

I don't know that I would call it an exploit because the timer resets on each of the mini-games when you die. Thus it was intended. And this is Suda-51 here, I'll bet he wants us to figure this crazy stuff out!

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

You're...kidding? Right?

Linespider5 on
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    DaemonSadi wrote: »

You guys know that in the astronaut game on the last round if you leave 1 easy piece of trash and suicide the timer resets. Then you grab that piece of trash immediately and finish.... the time bonus will net you 96-98k for just that round. Easy way to get about 130k for the 4 rounds each and every time.

EDIT: I just realized you can move the trash and leave it somewhere, die, and IT WILL STILL BE THERE. So you could drop it right in front of the door... and probably break 100k for just the 4th level. Damn, wish I thought of that part before I beat it.

I did know that, but that game requires too much thought and effort. I'll stick to steaks and one-button gameplay for my cash grinding.

EDIT: If only Muscle 6 were that easy. Wow, that one is hard.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    DaemonSadi wrote: »

I did know that, but that game requires too much thought and effort. I'll stick to steaks and one-button gameplay for my cash grinding.

EDIT: If only Muscle 6 were that easy. Wow, that one is hard.

It's not that bad, the controls suck but it doesn't take that long to beat all 4 rounds, the first two will be done in a matter of seconds. Overall you're probably looking at 5 or 6 minutes for 130k+. Pretty sweet deal.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I finished my first run-through of NMH2 in around 10 hours largely because, like a true nerd, I completely ignored the possibility of buying new clothes. Default outfit the whole way through, and absolutely no superfluous monetary grinding.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.