As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

COSMOS FANTASTICA: Marvel Cosmic B.S. Thread

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    BigDes wrote: »
    Hey, what's the High Evolutionary been up to recently?

He was in space for a while, chilling with Nova during the Phalanx thing. After that, he spent some time on Earth, giving Magneto his powers back.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    Magna InfernoMagna Inferno Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    He's the villian in the DnA Thor/IronMan mini series currently in progress.

Magna Inferno on
    ultimates-1.png
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    He's also in the upcoming Silver Surfer miniseries

Rans on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    He's the villian in the DnA Thor/IronMan mini series currently in progress.

Wait whaaaaaaaaaaaa

There's a DnA Thor/Iron Man series?

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    BigDes wrote: »
    The only Inhuman worthy enough to sit on any throne is Lockjaw and we all know it

He'll just sit there on the thone, just chillin'.

Like a boss.

Karl on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    With GotG vol. 4 coming out in trade format tomorrow I think all the current Cosmic Marvel books, sans Thanos Imperative of course, will be out in that format. Anyone here have all 18 volumes? That's all 3 volumes of Annihilation, both volumes of A: Conquest, War of Kings along with WoK: Warriors (if you have the hardcover like me then it's all one volume), Realm of Kings, Nova volumes 1-6, and GotG volumes 1-4.

Amazing how all those stories range from "good" to "freaking fantastic".

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    With GotG vol. 4 coming out in trade format tomorrow I think all the current Cosmic Marvel books, sans Thanos Imperative of course, will be out in that format. Anyone here have all 18 volumes? That's all 3 volumes of Annihilation, both volumes of A: Conquest, War of Kings along with WoK: Warriors (if you have the hardcover like me then it's all one volume), Realm of Kings, Nova volumes 1-6, and GotG volumes 1-4.

Amazing how all those stories range from "good" to "freaking fantastic".

I have all of them yeah. The only trades I'm missing are the one which comes out tomorrow and the Thanos one which will be out next years I think, and I'm getting GotG vol 4 pretty soon.

Best part of my collection to be honest.

Solar on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Missed Road to War of Kings.

I have roughly half of that list, maybe more but working on a complete set. I'll have to remember to check TFAW's black friday and see if they have some missing pieces back in their Nick & Dent stock

Tomanta on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I guess you could count Road to War of Kings, and maybe Secret Invasion: Inhumans as well.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have all the trades that encompass the major storylines of Annihilation, Emperor Vulcan, and Planet Hulk through to the present. This excludes anything that has Red Hulk in it but includes Secret Invasion.

Rans on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I couldn't get into war of kings because Vulcan and the Shi'ar are forever an x-men thing for me. Also my ideal Inhumans storyline involves Attilan being obliterated by the Eternals.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Weaver wrote: »
    I couldn't get into war of kings because Vulcan and the Shi'ar are forever an x-men thing for me. Also my ideal Inhumans storyline involves Attilan being obliterated by the Eternals.

The Eternals rock.

I like some of the Inhumans though (Black Bolt, Crystal and Lockjaw).

Solar on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Crystal & Lockjaw are cool. Not hot on the rest of them. I'd also like to see Ronan find a way to restore the Supreme Intelligence.

Weaver on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    As far as I know, the Supreme Intelligence is still with Wraith, who hasn't been seen since Conquest. So there's potential for a return there.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    As far as I know, the Supreme Intelligence is still with Wraith, who hasn't been seen since Conquest. So there's potential for a return there.

One thing I do hope doesn't happen now that this chapter of cosmic marvel is closed (or one issue away from closing), everything turns back to normal. Skrulls somehow turn back into a threat, they hate the Kree, Kree are militant jerks, Lilandra comes back to life (if anyone needs to stay dead in the cosmic world it's her), Gladiator goes back to not being cool, Galactus is still a generic near omnipotent threat, etc.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Golden Yak wrote: »

Wraith wasn't really the best character to be introduced during Conquest. An emo, goth Kree with no soul who can speak to the dead or something. Unless they want to use him to bring back Star Lord, Nova and Black Bolt, he should really stay gone.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    There is no reason to bring back Wraith. Ever. Not even for a deadpool team up.

As To them hitting a cosmic reset: I seriously doubt it. There are parts that I'm sure will slide back, but I don't forsee a time when the Skrulls are again a major power, and unless one of the Xmen writers feels a desperate need to cover some hitherto unknown ground with the shiiar then theres about a -5% chance that Lilandra will return.

Gaddez on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I seeeeeeeeriously can't imagine them not bringing back the Skrulls as a dangerous force

SOMEBODY with a Silver Age boner will revive them with full force eventually, just you wait

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    They'll pull a Mass Effect and say all those skrulls were just a tangent of the real skrull force.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    or pull a Doctor Who and have them come out of a skrull shaped sarcophagus
    or any of the other bullshit Dalek return methods :P

Antimatter on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yea a reset at any point would be pretty bad, what makes Cosmic Marvel so compelling right now is that they are able to tell an evolving story that changes things in a natural and long term way.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Antimatter wrote: »
    or pull a Doctor Who and have them come out of a skrull shaped sarcophagus
    or any of the other bullshit Dalek return methods :P

Hate Doctor Who.

People I know are always (OK, sometimes) like "hey, you like sci-fi right? Dr Who!" And I have to tell them that not, I hate it. And then people who like it are all "how can you now like it? It's British, not some American trash!" And then I have to tell them I usually hate British TV and much prefer American shows. And that usually gets me some shit, I can tell you.

Solar on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You and your grudge against the British.

The Stamp Act was over two hundred years ago, Solar. Let it go.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Solar is a closet American, like Richard Hammond.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I do love America, I do.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    but but wibbly wobbly timey wimey!
    the new Doctor is my favorite
    bowties are cool

OK, off subject tangent done

Antimatter on
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i remember this one time i read this dr who comic online where all the doctors met all the other doctors and the fourth doctor got all this screen time because everybody likes him because hes all whoopty doo i have a scarf but i dont so i was like click click click and then the two short doctors had an adventure and it was cool because it was like reading about space hobbits and i like hobbits

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    A decent cosmic story could be done out of rebuilding the Kyln and chasing down a bunch of the prisoners that escaped the Wave.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    And if Drax comes back with anything less that direct intervention by the living tribunal I will flip some shit. He was killed by an avatar of death in a universe later imploded by death.

Weaver on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Antimatter wrote: »
    I seeeeeeeeriously can't imagine them not bringing back the Skrulls as a dangerous force

SOMEBODY with a Silver Age boner will revive them with full force eventually, just you wait

I supposed they could have this huge skrull empire come out of a dimensional vortex or something from a universe where the skrulls kicked every body's ass. Instant skrull repopulation.
    A decent cosmic story could be done out of rebuilding the Kyln and chasing down a bunch of the prisoners that escaped the Wave.

Yes. And I've wanted to see what happened with the Fallen One since Annihilation.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    More like

Celestials stop by on their way back from the Fault and eat the remaining Skrulls, seeing as how they eat Deviants.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    And if Drax comes back with anything less that direct intervention by the living tribunal I will flip some shit. He was killed by an avatar of death in a universe later imploded by death.

Theres no reason for him to return. Thanos is stuck in a collapsed universe.
    Yes. And I've wanted to see what happened with the Fallen One since Annihilation.
    We got an answer to that one already: He got by Aegis. It's fair to assume he is in fact defunct.

Though, the whole kyln thing does raise questions about what happened to Skreet.

Gaddez on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

What i don't understand is how Chaos War is happening. Or is the Chaos King's attack localised to just this universe?

Because I'm wondering why the Living Tribunal hasn't gone "Oh this is absolutely not happening" and stopped the Chaos King with nothing more then a thought.

Karl on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

But who would do the chasing?

The Nova Corps is out for the count. Quasar maybe?

Karl on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Yep. Get Quasar to do it. Or basically scrounge together as many of the Guardians who are left to give it a go, that could be cool. "I wish Pete/Drax/Phylla/Adam was here..."

Also yep. Bitch be dead.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Karl wrote: »

What i don't understand is how Chaos War is happening. Or is the Chaos King's attack localised to just this universe?

Because I'm wondering why the Living Tribunal hasn't gone "Oh this is absolutely not happening" and stopped the Chaos King with nothing more then a thought.

See, this is the thing. We know that the living tribunal is out there, and that he's powerful enough that only the one above all can tell him to shove off. I know that everyone is afraid that he's too easy of a Deus Ex to use but the fact is that he's really the absolute hardest one of all; most shit just is completely beneath his notice.

Frankly, the chaos king isn't an apropriate part of any given universe since he represents chaos so complete and utter that life, matter and energy simply can't exist. Even galactus (who is the embodiment of entropy) represents a sort of ordered pace for universal decay and not just this insane bedlam.

Maybe at the end of the arc he'll make an appearance to imprison chaos king or give the heroes enough edge to kick his ass.

Gaddez on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The Living Tribunal is just trying to put together the best Haiku ever to wreck the Chaos King's shit.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I've actually been thinking about this (i should be doing work but fuck it).

The Living Tribunal is the 2nd most powerful being in existence. The most powerful is his boss, The One Above All (aka God. Not just any God, THE God).

I'm going to assume that The Living Tribunal hasn't acted because he hasn't needed to. Like us (the reader), he knows that the Herc and the other heroes will stop The Chaos King. Who lives and dies is a matter that he doesn't actually care about. If the Chaos King actually represented a threat to the entire multiverse, (not just Earth 616) that no one else could stop, The Living Tribunal would have ruined his shit straight away.

Karl on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Quasar/Cosmo buddy cop series

with special appearance by Gamora

Gentlemen

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Quasar/Cosmo buddy cop series

with special appearance by Gamora

Gentlemen

I'd read that.

In what context does Gamora appear though?

I need to know for, er, science.

Solar on