As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] Oh yeah. Slob those Knobs.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    PA isn't much better than VN. It's just got a more classy level of stupid.

I'm not sure if I can concur on that point. There is certainly a level of stupid here, but it tends to be of the average stupid kind, whereas VNBoards has an extremely healthy population of facerollers and other people who have obviously experienced a great deal of trauma to the head.

See this, what you are doing here? Prejudice and stereotyping, unthinkingly, to a huge degree.

You have absolutely no proof that any of those people would not talk differently in a different environment or with a different education, no information on their situation and only a cursory glance at the boards.

You just proved my point about a more classy level of stupid. Grats? :)

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hey, at least we're classy.

Shabooty on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yes that's why I post here.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It's not impossible that they're smarter than they appear from their posts, but the way in which they post is all I have to go by, so.....

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    So you immediately leap to a conclusion to judge the entire person and not the post?

Can you not see why such wild leaps are a bad idea?

I make bad posts all the time.

God I made such horrible posts when I was a teenager.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Revolting Crocks

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Folks,

Some good news as the weekend approaches:

1) We hope to have the PTS up and running this weekend. Right now we are shooting for sometime tomorrow. The Herald will have all the latest information.

2) As promised, our C&C team has combed through this thread (and pertinent links) and here's what they have found in regards to bugs. Unfortunately, there were a number of both unreported bugs and reported bugs that didn't make it up to the C&C team in time for this patch (initially). I am in total agreement with player sentiment that these bugs need to be fixed along with 1.0.5 and as such, the team is already working on doing that today and over the weekend. The current plan is to fix the vast majority of them in time for the patch but some, because of the coding involved or if they are minor bugs (display) will not be fixed for 1.0.5 but will be fixed as soon as practical. The update to the 1.0.5 patch will be updated to reflect these fixes once these changes are incorporated into 1.0.5.

3) We are also going to look at making some additional changes to some of the classes/archetypes. As I've said before, 1.0.5. is not yet up on the patcher and we expect to continue to make more tweaks/adjustments until the patch goes live. Among the changes currently going into 1.0.5 are:

a) BW/Sorcs will have their crit chance lowered for combustion.

b) Sorcs will also see Word of Pain’s debuff changes from a willpower debuff to a resist debuff to match BWs and it will no longer stack Word of Pain and be a single application that deals damage at the end. Stricken Voices will have its cast time removed to match Bright wizard Choking Smoke.

c) For IBs, we are going to make some changes that will allow the IB to get to low grudge more quickly than initially proposed by increasing Oath friend grudge thresholds from 5/3/1 grudge generated to 10/5/3. Also, we are lowering the grudge required (and making a couple other changes) in the following abilities:

Shield Sweep: Cost reduction from 30 Grudge to 25 Grudge.
    Oath bound: Cost reduction from 30 Grudge to 15 Grudge.
    Avenging The Debt: Increase heal value.
    Away With Ye: Reduce cost from 30 Grudge to 25 Grudge. Increase damage. (Also requires cool down from 0s to 10s)
    Watch An' Learn: Reduce cost from 30 Grudge to 15 Grudge. (Also requires cool down from 0s to 20s)
    Grumble An' Mutter: Increase heal value.

The combination of better contribution from OF and lowering the grudge cost of some abilities should help alleviate some, if not all, of the IB's concern. We will continue, of course, to look at the IB as a whole to determine if additional changes are still necessary.

d) For our healers, we are looking at making the following changes:

Ranged Healers

Long Cast Big heals go from 3s cast to 2.5s cast
    Interrupt / setback value on long heals is reduced by 50%

Melee Healers
    Divine Strike and Rend soul will now heal for 350% damage dealt instead of 250%

Like the IBs, this is just part of an ongoing process. As I said yesterday, the team will continue to look very carefully at the healers on the PTS and if more changes need to be made, we'll make them.

e) The Chosen seemed to have a higher number of potential (we haven't confirmed them all yet) bugs but in the meantime, we will make the following changes:

Convert Blast Wave, Bane Shield and Quake to magic attacks that use STR instead of INT for bonus damage
    Push Aura code fix up that makes twisting easier

f) The Marauders have a similar bug to the Chosen (using INT not STR) so we are making the following change:

Mouth of Tzeentch will use STR instead of INT for bonus damage

g) For the Black Orc the biggest bug appears to losing their place in the combo chain randomly. The team has been trying to duplicate this all day and so far, no luck. If we can duplicate it, it will be fixed.

So, a few things:

1) Let me once again express my thanks to those great people here on the Vault (and elsewhere) who spent time and energy posting helpful (critical, insightful, positive, etc.) messages. You have helped us quite a bit by doing so. The 1.0.5 thread was, at its best, a great example of how developer<->community interaction can work very well at times when you have motivated players and interested developers who are actually paying attention. So again, you have my thanks.

2) The changes here are still part of an ongoing process of evaluation and reevaluation of 1.0.5. Nothing is final and until the PTS is up and running and 1.0.5 goes through the ringer, will it even be close to final. So please, when the PTS goes up let us know what you think through feedback here and in the game.

3) Some of the bugs/changes that I'm listing here will not be fixed/up by tomorrow of course but they will be during the time that the PTS is running and *before* 1.0.5 goes LIVE. We will keep you informed about the changes through the patcher.

4) A number of people have commented that this patch seems more chock full of ranged DPS changes and while the team believes that a lot of the changes we made to the the rDPS group will have a significant positive impact on our tanks and mDPS folks, they will turn their attention to those careers again after the 1.0.5 version. Again, please keep in mind that bugs for the mDPS/Tanks will be fixed for this version as well.

Again, my thanks to the many members of the WAR community for their efforts in regards to our game.

Mark
    Khrabec_ wrote:
    a) BW/Sorceresses will have their crit chance lowered for combustion.

So us Sorcerers are safe then? :D

LOL, now everyone is a Sorc! :)

Mark
    Amazing change for healers! This is precisely what that 3s cast heal needed. You have my blessing Mark! [face_applause]

<sniff> It's what I live for. :)

Seriously though, you're welcome. As I've said over the years, we aren't perfect but we do try damn hard to make a great game and make things right when we make a mistake.

Mark
    Ayda_ wrote:
    c) For IBs, we are going to make some changes that will allow the IB to get to low grudge more quickly than initially proposed by increasing Oath friend grudge thresholds from 5/3/1 grudge generated to 10/5/3. Also, we are lowering the grudge required (and making a couple other changes) in the following abilities:

Shield Sweep: Cost reduction from 30 Grudge to 25 Grudge.
    Oath bound: Cost reduction from 30 Grudge to 15 Grudge.
    Avenging The Debt: Increase heal value.
    Away With Ye: Reduce cost from 30 Grudge to 25 Grudge. Increase damage. (Also requires cool down from 0s to 10s)
    Watch An' Learn: Reduce cost from 30 Grudge to 15 Grudge. (Also requires cool down from 0s to 20s)
    Grumble An' Mutter: Increase heal value.

The combination of better contribution from OF and lowering the grudge cost of some abilities should help alleviate some, if not all, of the IB's concern. We will continue, of course, to look at the IB as a whole to determine if additional changes are still necessary

Are you still looking at the time at which grude will degrade? Personally I feel that 10 secs is a bit to fast, maybe something closer to 15-20 seconds after not getting attacked.

Of course. That's what we will be doing with the PTS. If we're wrong, I'd rather us be wrong by overcompensating a little now and then improve it later. Going the other way usually doesn't work out well for anybody. So, if the feedback/data from the PTS says that IBs need a slightly different mechanic that BWs, we'll do it. It's not like we don't have totally different mechanics in the game already, so another one won't hurt.

Mark
    ---Brad--- wrote:
    This is a good start.

For healers, I hope you guys will look at the HoTs a bit more. Having the ticks reduced by almost 50% is a huge nerf, especially considering the increase in dps.

For BW/Sorc mirror, BWs are still vastly superior. BWs need to have a cast time on more of their spells.

It's a good start and I really can't emphasize enough how these are just are initial plans for 1.0.5. We need people to play on it when it goes LIVE so we can have lots of data to look through before we push the changes to LIVE. We are not afraid to make additional changes if we have over/under compensated. As I said yesterday, we don't want any career to be OP nor do we want any career to be GIMP, that is not our goal.

Mark
    d_i_r_t_y wrote:
    Much better set of changes i think.

I'm a T4 BW and T4 sorc player (what can i say, i love casters...)

I think addressing the obvious disparity between BW and sorc is well warranted.

If crit chance at high combustion/DM were reduced, i would really urge you to consider reducing the backlash/explosion damage a bit as well, at level 40, a backlash is 750 a pop, which even now, is sometimes more than the damage of the spell being cast.

Don't get me wrong, i love the backlash/explosion mechanic, it was pure genius, but the reality is that BW/sorcs already struggle to 1v1 any class, even tanks, which RDPS are supposed to be strong against. As the most easily killed class, i expect to be able to output the most damage.

Honestly, I would argue that the best way to lessen BW/sorc damage is not to reduce the crit%, we already pay for that with harsh blacklash dmg, but rather, look at modifying how easy it is to apply that damage.

The instant cast BW AE DOT spell Detonate is a case in point. It's a bit too good. Det is the main reason my BW racks up tons of damage on the charts, leading to the perception of OPness. While i will admit my BW is a bit OP (moreso than my sorc), it's the ease with with he can DO dmg through instants, not so much the dmg itself being too high. Before you go nerfing our crit%, which is really the only way we are capable of killing anything, please look at stopping resist debuffs from stacking, or making it less easy to "spam dmg" through simple instant cast DOTs, especially a super powerful instant AE DOT like Detonate. Compare Detonate to the equivalent sorc ability - Gloom of Night, which has a 2 sec cast time yet does roughly the same amount of dmg as Det but is considerably harder to use (and requires master points no less). If anything, nerf Det to have a 2sec cast time, which would drop BW "spam dmg" without gutting us.

I would really like to test how much of an impact that nerfing root has on our survivability before poleaxing our dmg, especially if it didn't come with a concomittant reduction in backlash dmg. Not to mention the variety of buffs to other RDPS classes that are coming.

remember: small, frequent changes >> infrequent large changes.

thanks for reading.

This will be my last post tonight probably but since you took the time to explain your concern and since BWs got a hit to their crit %, I'll say this:

1) I don't want BW/Sorc to be useless and weak. They are intended to be glass cannons, great damage dealers but they do have a tendency to die easily.

2) If the crit % change causes the DPS of a BW/Sorc to go lower than expected, we'll change it again. Just like the IBs, I'd rather us start off with a possibly harsher change and then cut some of it, if the DPS of those careers makes them less like glass cannons than they should be, expect another change.

3) Please, get on our PTS and play your character there. BWs should be able to be solo great in PvE and obviously, very powerful in RvR. If they can't because of the change, let's us know.

And as someone else pointed out, the BWs/Sorcs DOTs were raised in 1.0.5 so that will ameliorate some of the effects of this change.

Mark

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Folks,

I'll be signing off for a bit tonight, due to a blossoming cold/flu (I just had the shot so...) and I'm not sure I'll be on any more tonight. So, if you don't see a response from me, I'm not ignoring my own thread on purpose.

Again, my thanks and keep in mind that the 1.0.5 patch is only one step on the way to 1.1.

And, for a bit of a teaser, I just saw some of the concept art for our third major content patch (1.1 is our first). Oh, are you folks going to be surprised and happy when we start talking about it. It's really, really cool.

Mark

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    jkylefulton, you're pretty much my favorite poster in this thread.

Also, what do they mean they can't replicate the Black Orc bug. It happens all the time.

Toothy on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    350% on Rend Soul!!!!

350%%%%% WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

I don't have words! Words gone weeee!

Morninglord on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited November 2008
    1.3 content patch is skavenblight

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

:(

I was hoping for the other direction.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    The current thinking on the Black Orc bug seems to be that it has something to do with the combat 'lag' timer. I'm sure they'll get it fixed.

Anyhow, I completely take back what I said about the heal HoT change - I know it might sound trivial to non-healers, but shaving that half-second off of my three second heal is a HUGE deal (and I wouldn't be surprised if it ultimately gets pushed down to a two second cast). The 50% setback is also a huge bonus. Those two little changes pretty much eliminate the current gripes I have with my healer (from his other comments, it sounds like multiple tactics like Restorative Burst and Wild Healing will be fixed as well).

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »

:(

I was hoping for the other direction.

Mythic has been enamored with the twisting concept as far back as Minstrels/Sorcs/Paladins. Honestly, I'd suggest a Nostromo, as cheezy as it sounds.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    1.3 content patch is skavenblight

With rare skaven cloak drops.

I can live with twisting, I guess. I just need to get better at it.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Also, there's a quote in that text block that's not from Mark - the VN poster just insists on using the red text for their name as well, and that's how I filter this stuff out. So.....ignore the one that's not signed by Mark. :P

Edit: I deleted the post in question, so disregard.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Hey folks, Like Mark said we're still working on bugs here and will be all weekend and throughout the PTS period. Just b/c your particular bug wasn't mentioned doesn't mean we we are not looking into it.

-Adam

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited November 2008
    1.4 to add space marines

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Deathain wrote:
    Great news Mark!

While I do support the notion of objective, tested balancing of classes, please do not go down the road of making changes based on VN public outcry. This only begins a vicious nerf this/nerf that cycle because classes do not have the same abilities. If a class is truly unbalanced, then balance it. Consider the design intent behind the class and how it fits in with the rest of the classes before you make the change. If you feel the change is unnecessary, then you have to be able to withstand criticism and stand by your design decisions.

In my opinion, the real reason why people think the BW is overpowered is because of the sheer number of players playing that class. Any large number of ranged dps classes capable of huge amount of aoe damage will sway the outcomes of battle. People see themselves being killed constantly by BWs and think it is because they are overpowered. The reality is that they were targeted by 3 or 4 BWs and died because of it.

This single change of making BWs/sorcs and other archetypal classes equal is going to open a huge can of worms for you.

Personally I play an archmage and I would like to see myself have the survivability and some of the awesome tactics and spells that the shaman gets. Why wouldn't I ask for that now?

We're not going down that road, no worries. If we were, we would have taken back the changes to BW DOTs, Healers DOTs, etc. We have the statistics on damage output for all the careers and sometimes it just takes a little more reviewing especially when you have 20 classes and all the abilities/tactics/etc. And like I said, all people need to do is get on the PTS and help test the version.

Mark
    Vaskl wrote:
    [hl=#ddaa00]Removed Quoted Violation[/hl]

While this guy's Comment is mostly unnecessary he does have a point in the BW/Sorc non-crit damage being a bit weak. I'll have to get on the PTS to see the change but even without it perhaps we could get an increase in base damage while decreasing the +crit damage. This way the damage done when we crit stays similar, though we crit less often and do a higher base damage.

Dont forget the first set of notes man, with stats coming into play more now, this could very well already be taken care of.

Exactly. If it isn't, we'll make more changes, that's why we now have a PTS. If a BW/Sorcs damage output is too low and the crit/hots need to be raised, it will be done before 1.0.5. goes LIVE.

Mark
    cliveklg wrote:
    Agershowitz_Mythic---

Hey folks, Like Mark said we're still working on bugs here and will be all weekend and throughout the PTS period. Just b/c your particular bug wasn't mentioned doesn't mean we we are not looking into it.

-Adam=

Thanks Adam.

There are a lot of bugs with the Engineer (and I suspect Magus also has similar issues), I hope you are looking over. The post I quoted above is one of the best compilations of Engineer issues I've seen yet.

Actually, Adam and I were just going over the previous post with all the Engineer/Magus issues. From what he saw, most of them are already fixed or in testing. There are some new ones there but the guys were already on most of them.

Mark

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Jesus christ 350% I just calculated what my rend soul does and it jumps from 200 heal a hit to 319. :O

Total jumped from around 800 if all 4 hits to 1200.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

-Adam

It's kinda sad that stuff like this needs to be repeated. So many people are unwilling to understand that bug fixes aren't as easy as saying "Ok, let's fix this". Especially that bug fixes sometimes have the fun habit of creating other bugs in the process!

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ok, well, the .5 second decrease in big heal cast time is nice, as is the interrupt reduction.

But I still can't help but feel that HoT nerf hurts the "pure" healer class concept, especially when they gave the melee healers a 100% increase in healing done.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    BWs - ouch!

tyrannus on
  • Options
    CmdPromptCmdPrompt Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Ok, well, the .5 second decrease in big heal cast time is nice, as is the interrupt reduction.

But I still can't help but feel that HoT nerf hurts the "pure" healer class concept, especially when they gave the melee healers a 100% increase in healing done.

Huh?

I use my big heal all the damn time, this is an absolute godsend for ranged healers.

e: To add some numbers:

BBG: 1500/3s cast = 500 HP/s
    BBG: 1500/2.5s cast = 600 HP/s
    deltaHP/s = +100

EQB: 1500/15s duration = 100 HP/s
    EQB: 1500/24s duration = 62.5 HP/s
    deltaHP/s = -37.5

CmdPrompt on
    GxewS.png
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    CmdPrompt wrote: »

Huh?

I use my big heal all the damn time, this is an absolute godsend for ranged healers.

Maybe it'll actually let you get a heal off on me in time before I get squished. :lol:

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm crossing my fingers that they find and resolve the Black Orc Plan mechanic bug.

Also, I'm hoping that they put up a Known Issues page somewhere, so people know what they need to report, and what has been reported already elsewhere or is already being worked on.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    CmdPromptCmdPrompt Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Caedere wrote: »
    CmdPrompt wrote: »

Huh?

Maybe it'll actually let you get a heal off on me in time before I get squished. :lol:

No joke, the interrupt thing is amazing too, considering how ridiculous it is currently.

CmdPrompt on
    GxewS.png
  • Options
    vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Toothy wrote: »
    Also, what do they mean they can't replicate the Black Orc bug. It happens all the time.
    I think he means they can't reliably pin down what's causing it. I'd be surprised if they're not seeing it in the client, but they're probably having a really hard time figuring out what combination of values under the hood causes it to occur. It strikes me as one of those really random-seeming bugs, and those are always the hardest to squish.

Edit: Also, anyone else enjoying the 1.0.5 communication blitz? I think it's pretty cool. Definitely an improvement over the Blizzard-style wall of silence, IMO.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    Mythic has stated repeatedly that they will not allow addons that actually give you an advantage over another player without said addon, only addons that mod the UI to be cleaner, more mobile, etc.

But seriously, if you need addons to do your job as a healer, you need to L2P.

I don't NEED anything, I simply choose not to play a game where I am forced to use their tedious and TERRIBLE targeting UI to heal with. This is 2008, this isn't EverQuest, and I don't have to open my book to med every time I cast Complete Heal anymore. I'll spend my dollar on games where the developers have a clue about how terrible their own healing system is, or at least give us the mods to fix their terrible healing system.

You really think it's that horrible? Well, you're entitled to opine as you please, but personally I find the system more than sufficient. I acclimated to it very quickly, after having been so familiar with just the single-target heal-targeting systems of WoW and DAoC for seven years, so I think that says something about the intuitiveness of the design. Did you at least give feedback to tell them how important you feel that healing without explicit targeting is? As I'm sure you know, it wouldn't be difficult for them to implement mouseover healing right into the default UI, if they saw that enough people requested an innocent feature that really wouldn't automate gameplay.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The current thinking on the Black Orc bug seems to be that it has something to do with the combat 'lag' timer. I'm sure they'll get it fixed.

Anyhow, I completely take back what I said about the heal HoT change - I know it might sound trivial to non-healers, but shaving that half-second off of my three second heal is a HUGE deal (and I wouldn't be surprised if it ultimately gets pushed down to a two second cast). The 50% setback is also a huge bonus. Those two little changes pretty much eliminate the current gripes I have with my healer (from his other comments, it sounds like multiple tactics like Restorative Burst and Wild Healing will be fixed as well).

One problem with the nerf to that HoT is that it was the one Core heal every healer got. Which means that it's a pretty major nerf to the healing ability of non-healing specs.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Saeris, if I may interrupt your flood of reason for a moment;

How viable is a mod or tool that would extract the guild news to something like an RSS feed?

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Zek wrote: »

One problem with the nerf to that HoT is that it was the one Core heal every healer got. Which means that it's a pretty major nerf to the healing ability of non-healing specs.

I agree, and I'm not entirely happy with the HoT nerf / across-the-board damage increase. However, I'm encouraged that they're actually making changes to healing (specifically lowering cast times) which have been asked for for a long, long time.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Man, having my family up has me on edge, but seriously, tonight's PUG RVR sucked a special kinda arse. Bright Wizards and those twits with a bow can bite m' green gobbo bum.

I guess I should maybe look at speccing something other than pure healing. Maybe it's just cause I'm in T2 but still only level 14 and low geared.

KiTA on
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ok, I have a level 6 squig herder. I do no damage, I get killed by a witch hunter before I know what is happening.

This changes, correct? And not just because of the patch coming?

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ok, I have a level 6 squig herder. I do no damage, I get killed by a witch hunter before I know what is happening.

It gets a little better, mostly after you get Lot o Arrers among others.

I just played a Mourkaine where I felt like I was doing a lot of damage, but it was really just a lot of killing blows and kill assists because at the end while I was tied for most kills I had only 7k damage. That's less than my level 8 Sorc does when I'm having a bad match on her. My Squig Herder is level 14.

I've heard it gets good at the top of T2 and on, and the patch is going to make it even better.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Hey how do I get around and stuff. I tried to find this stuff myself but can't.

I'm in dark elf tier 2. Is there an auction house? I found an awesome sorceror staff for level 15, like 30willpower, 30int, its a blue, 30 dps. But I don't know anybody, not sure where the auction house is since everything is kinda spread out randomly.
    I'd like to be able to check out whats on offer and stuff.

Can you only access renown people in the capturable keeps?

It'd be nice if there was at least one major outpost in every zone with every possible npc.

Also is there a bank?

Morninglord on
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I'm in dark elf tier 2. Is there an auction house? I found an awesome sorceror staff for level 15, like 30willpower, 30int, its a blue, 30 dps. But I don't know anybody, not sure where the auction house is since everything is kinda spread out randomly.

It'd be nice if there was at least one major outpost in every zone with every possible npc.

Also is there a bank?

Everything you seek is in the capital city.

Auctions are in IC, Renown in IC, and bank in IC.

Don't like it? Buy some guild scrolls from the merchants in the vipers pit in the IC, and you can port back to the Pit at anytime.

But soon they will make your book be able to bind to more than one area.

So hopefully you a have one bound at IC, and at last one bound wherever you ar hunting.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    meatflower wrote: »

It gets a little better, mostly after you get Lot o Arrers among others.

I just played a Mourkaine where I felt like I was doing a lot of damage, but it was really just a lot of killing blows and kill assists because at the end while I was tied for most kills I had only 7k damage. That's less than my level 8 Sorc does when I'm having a bad match on her. My Squig Herder is level 14.

I've heard it gets good at the top of T2 and on, and the patch is going to make it even better.

Also, he doesn't have Horned Squig (level 8).

That fucker increases your damage so much over the normal squig it's ridiculous. Also, you get 10 more yards on your range attacks, giving you a little more flexibility in how and where you expose yourself while Plinking.

I mean, you don't even have your Detaunt. So yeah, it's going to be painful.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »
    Saeris, if I may interrupt your flood of reason for a moment;

How viable is a mod or tool that would extract the guild news to something like an RSS feed?

It wouldn't be that hard to export the guild news, but you can only save it out to disk (where it's accessible by some tool to transform it into an RSS feed) when you log out, so it can't be a real-time display.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Also is there a bank?

Everything you seek is in the capital city.

Auctions are in IC, Renown in IC, and bank in IC.

Don't like it? Buy some guild scrolls from the merchants in the vipers pit in the IC, and you can port back to the Pit at anytime.

But soon they will make your book be able to bind to more than one area.

So hopefully you a have one bound at IC, and at last one bound wherever you ar hunting.

So how do I get to IC and what is IC.

Morninglord on
This discussion has been closed.