Options

QUIT POSTING IN ME

• Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Just finished today. Good game overall, but: a lot of the map barriers are obvious and ruin your suspension of disbelief, characters frequently are unaware of your actions (not just Three Dog's broadcasts) when they ought to be, the final decision was unjustifiable, and the sound has been unreasonably fucked up throughout.

Still, would play again. For now, uninstall and free up nearly 6GB.

Raven Rock spoiler:
    What was that old guy from Megaton doing in the cell next door?

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    the sound has been unreasonably fucked up throughout.
    Did you ever get a really annoying buzzing sound when talking to people with the radio on?

Couscous on
  • Options
    wishdawishda Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Couscous wrote: »
    Did you ever get a really annoying buzzing sound when talking to people with the radio on?

There is a buzzing sound you get on the radio when you get nearly out of range before you upgrade the transmitter. I thought it was a bug for awhile, then realized that it was intentional.

wishda on
  • Options
    Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

I got that when listening to the radio then something blew up. It then kept going through two area changes. Then I quit the game so I dunno if it'll keep doing that.

Need help (slightly spoilery)
    I left Charon and Dogmeat in the Muddy Rudder when I went to go to Project Purity for the second time, cos I heard that sometimes Charon disappears or something. But when I got back they were gone. And Dogmeat's not at Vault 101. Where will they be? PC version, by the way, so feel free to give console codes if absolutely necessary.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dr Snofeld wrote: »
    Need help (slightly spoilery)
    I left Charon and Dogmeat in the Muddy Rudder when I went to go to Project Purity for the second time, cos I heard that sometimes Charon disappears or something. But when I got back they were gone. And Dogmeat's not at Vault 101. Where will they be? PC version, by the way, so feel free to give console codes if absolutely necessary.
    When I went into the tunnels to escape the Enclave, Charon and Dogmeat spawned in with me. Seems like, despite being told to wait at my house (or the Muddy Rudder in your case), they decided to follow rather than stay.

My only guess in your case is that they're in the citadel, or stuck in the tunnels somewhere.

Suriko on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    wishda wrote: »

There is a buzzing sound you get on the radio when you get nearly out of range before you upgrade the transmitter. I thought it was a bug for awhile, then realized that it was intentional.
    What I got wasn't in-game static, I later learned, but out-of-game stuttering and electronic glitching. I scoured tons of forum threads and help guides but nothing fixed it. It wasn't even until a while after first playing the game that I realized the opening track isn't supposed to be all glitchy-sounding.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    I mentioned this earlier in this thread but I had full pickpocket plus stealth clothes on and I still failed pickpocketing on larger items or large amounts of items every single time out of 20 quick-loaded attempts anmd some seemed damn near impossible, despite the easily low level that the character target must be.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    OK, I've noticed that some items are pretty hard to get despite their being nothing special about them.

One example of this is the Merc Grunt Outfit, which I think looks rather badass. And, even though it consists of nothing but your undershirt, a pair of cargo pants and some army boots, it is impossible to find for sale anywhere in the wasteland. There's only one place I know to get it that doesn't require killing an innocent person, and thus turning a city against you.
    One of the butchered bodies in the Andale basement has one.

Two more hard-to-find items are the lab assistant's outfit (like what Dr. Lesko and some of the other scientists wear) and the Pre-War Relaxedwear (The outfit Herbert Dashwood wears). While you can get Lesko's lab coat if you do Those! properly, I don't know anywhere else to get the item. The P-W relaxedwear sometimes spawns in the dressers in Minefield, but not always (I think it increases AGL by 1, like most of the other Pre-War outfits). I've also had trouble finding the plain old Bandana (not Red's special bandana) - the only sure-fire way I know to get it is to kill the sentry at Meresti; I've not found it anywhere else.

Wasteland Doctor and Surgeon fatigues also can't be bought (Improve medicine), as far as I know, but the doctor who works at Paradise Falls has both. Being a slaver, you actually improve your karma by killing her. The vault lab uniform is also kind of rare, but there are two places I know of that you can obtain one.
    The first is, of course, by looting Jonas' body at the very beginning of the game, if you're feeling ghoulish. The second is the doctor who wears one at the bottom of the hallucination Vault - I think her name is "Survivor" or something like that. She's also apparently evil, because you can take her finger.

Anybody else know where to find these and other weird items? I'd love to find a way to get Billy Creel's eyepatch, but you apparently can't even loot it off his body.

Duffel on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Duffel wrote: »
    OK, I've noticed that some items are pretty hard to get despite their being nothing special about them.

One example of this is the Merc Grunt Outfit, which I think looks rather badass. And, even though it consists of nothing but your undershirt, a pair of cargo pants and some army boots, it is impossible to find for sale anywhere in the wasteland. There's only one place I know to get it that doesn't require killing an innocent person, and thus turning a city against you.
    One of the butchered bodies in the Andale basement has one.

Two more hard-to-find items are the lab assistant's outfit (like what Dr. Lesko and some of the other scientists wear) and the Pre-War Relaxedwear (The outfit Herbert Dashwood wears). While you can get Lesko's lab coat if you do Those! properly, I don't know anywhere else to get the item. The P-W relaxedwear sometimes spawns in the dressers in Minefield, but not always (I think it increases AGL by 1, like most of the other Pre-War outfits). I've also had trouble finding the plain old Bandana (not Red's special bandana) - the only sure-fire way I know to get it is to kill the sentry at Meresti; I've not found it anywhere else.

Wasteland Doctor and Surgeon fatigues also can't be bought (Improve medicine), as far as I know, but the doctor who works at Paradise Falls has both. Being a slaver, you actually improve your karma by killing her. The vault lab uniform is also kind of rare, but there are two places I know of that you can obtain one.
    The first is, of course, by looting Jonas' body at the very beginning of the game, if you're feeling ghoulish. The second is the doctor who wears one at the bottom of the hallucination Vault - I think her name is "Survivor" or something like that. She's also apparently evil, because you can take her finger.

Anybody else know where to find these and other weird items? I'd love to find a way to get Billy Creel's eyepatch, but you apparently can't even loot it off his body.

The reason shes a survivor is probably because shes behind it.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

You did read all the computer terminals right? Definitely, psychotically evil.

I don't know about eyepatches, but the Wasteland Legend outfit can be found later in the game.
    It's in Vault 112 in Braun's office; look in the locker.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Shit. My character right now has really low science, so I missed out on stuff like that. Now I have to create a science-based character so I can sneak in there, hack the terminals and get the gruesome backstory.

Damn, I love this game.

EDIT: Yeah, I'd heard about the Wasteland Legend Outfit being there, as well as in other places, and maybe even as a quest reward (?). It's supposed to look just like the Merc Veteran Outfit, which I've also never seen for sale but did pick up off a dead merc I met in a random encounter once. The Merc Cruiser Outfit - what Lucy West and Moriarty both wear - is also pretty rare, but you can get one, along with the equally-rare Head Wrap, off of Silas at the Lincoln Memorial.

Duffel on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I found the Wasteland Legend outfit in several places. I can't remember where.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    One of the slavers in the gift shop below the national monument has a bandana (called "head wrap" in-game).

Also, there's a mod that adds an eyepatch as an in-game item.

Suriko on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Craigopogo wrote: »
    Black Widow and Lady Killer also give you a 10% damage bonus against your opposite gender, which is incredibly useful if you play a female.

That's bonus damage for pretty much everyone you run across in-game.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    There are a lot of female raiders at least.

jackal on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    According to the wiki, you need to be completely unarmed in order to use the paralyzing palm attack. You can't even use unarmed weapons. WTF?

Couscous on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Why would you wear anything other than Reilly's Ranger armor?

tofu on
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    tofu wrote: »

Because it sucks? All the armour sucks, except leather armour.

No other armour makes you look more of a badass. then leather armour.

80 hours of playtime and i have yet to change out of leather.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Why the hell does using power armor even require any training?

Couscous on
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

so you cant wear it way too early and pretty much at the start of the main quest.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

I recently swapped out of leather armour to the pre war strolling outfit, with my pre war hat and sunglasses I've been wearing forever. There's something awfully awesome about looking that casual with GNR playing in the background while blowing apart raiders or swatting mutant dogs away with sledgehammers.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Yeah +1 LUCK, +5 Action Points and +10 Small Guns are terrible stat bonuses. :rotate:

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Plot-wise, I figured it was kind of like learning to use a spacesuit - not something that your average joe can just put on and start kicking ass in. It's supposed to augment your own muscular strength, and respond to your body movement, so the training would be learning to get used to being strapped inside a machine that's a combination of medieval knight armor and a tank.

Gameplay-wise, in FO3 at least you can get Power Armor very early in the game, and it's really not all that expensive to repair to a decent level. So, keeping the training unavailable to you until midway through the plot makes sense if they don't want you to have the best suit of armor in the game after you've been playing for an hour and a half.

Also, is Power Armor supposed to make you move like you're overencumbered, even when you're not? I put on Power/Tesla/Enclave armor and I move like a snail. Swap it out for my regular clothes, I'm fine. What's the point of using this extremely powerful armor if you can't even run while you're wearing it?

Duffel on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I wear the prototype medic power armor because it looks great, "GEAR UP, SOLDIER!" is a better warning of enemies than a bullet hitting the rock next to my head, it can be repaired with normal power armour and the DR is nice.

Screenshots.
    fall3-1.jpg
    fall4.jpg
    fall5.jpg

Suriko on
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Plot-wise, I figured it was kind of like learning to use a spacesuit - not something that your average joe can just put on and start kicking ass in. It's supposed to augment your own muscular strength, and respond to your body movement, so the training would be learning to get used to being strapped inside a machine that's a combination of medieval knight armor and a tank.

Gameplay-wise, in FO3 at least you can get Power Armor very early in the game, and it's really not all that expensive to repair to a decent level. So, keeping the training unavailable to you until midway through the plot makes sense if they don't want you to have the best suit of armor in the game after you've been playing for an hour and a half.

Also, is Power Armor supposed to make you move like you're overencumbered, even when you're not? I put on Power/Tesla/Enclave armor and I move like a snail. Swap it out for my regular clothes, I'm fine. What's the point of using this extremely powerful armor if you can't even run while you're wearing it?

Except absolutely everyone else in the wastes can wear power armour but you. Clover was wearing power armour before I got the training in it.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    EvilBadman wrote: »

Yeah +1 LUCK, +5 Action Points and +10 Small Guns are terrible stat bonuses. :rotate:

Guys, look you are both wrong. The regulator duster and stormchaser hat are the best clothes. Duh!

Xtarath on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    See this is why I kinda liked Fable II's ideas of not having a fucking thing attributed to clothing.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    The answer to this problem is to have badassness determine the DR of the clothing.

Couscous on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yes that is a fantastic idea.

tofu on
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yes that is a fantastic idea.

"Man, that guy looks so badass, I can't bring myself to shoot him."

Xtarath on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Worked in X-Com.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    ChewyWafflesChewyWaffles Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So I've played a bit of FO3, but not so much yet. Decided that I might want to catch up on FO2 and/or 1 and looked for a Let's Play of it...low and behold I find this.

"Herro. Me name am Trogg. Me am mightyfine young man from village of yoyo."

ChewyWaffles on
    mwf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Because if you don't move in it correctly, it pinches.

Syngyne on
    5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    T-51B armor and Crow's Eyebot Helmet make you look like a fucking soviet cosmonaut, especially when you add in the shishkebab.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TVs_FrankTVs_Frank Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    screenshot12zr5.jpg

Um, yeah.

TVs_Frank on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    WHY

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    El ExtremoEl Extremo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh god. I can't unsee it!

El Extremo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TVs_FrankTVs_Frank Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It was the Dunwich Building too. That makes it even worse somehow.

TVs_Frank on
  • Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ya gotta shoot em' in the head.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The sexy pajamas are totally the best armor.

Speaking of which, I never got around to delivering those. Is there anything to find when doing so?

LavaKnight on
This discussion has been closed.