Options

QUIT POSTING IN ME

• Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I was just sad that the entire ending
    revolved around your path through the story and not so much any sort of story resolution. In a way it was fitting, but I was expecting more about how my actual choice at the end affected the wasteland. But it was 2 seconds of that and then a long narrative about my karma choices through the game.

I don't think it was bad, just not what I expected. It was easy though. Lyons Pride got decimated, but I made it with my trusty go-bot.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    urahonky wrote: »
    Sigh... And here we go again. Ten pages of "ZOMG ENDING TEH SUCKS". It's like clockwork!

It's been a while since we had one of these. The DLC news makes it different! Kind of! I really hope they can "fix" the ending somehow. I know they probably won't, but I CAN HOPE.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Haha, I know. I just think it's funny that it happens every 4 or so pages. Yes the ending sucks. Yes it feels rushed. Yes we were lied to.

I wish we could have that in the OP. "YES the ending sucks, now lets talk about everything else!"

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Haha, I know. I just think it's funny that it happens every 4 or so pages. Yes the ending sucks. Yes it feels rushed. Yes we were lied to.

I wish we could have that in the OP. "YES the ending sucks, now lets talk about everything else!"

It does come up a lot.

Almost every time someone finishes the game....

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Behemoth wrote: »

It does come up a lot.

Almost every time someone finishes the game....

Then you have 4 or 5 people jumping into the fray with their thoughts.

Which all end the same. :P

urahonky on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    OP should be SPOILER WE HATE THE ENDING /SPOILER Now talk about cool stuff

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Agreed Zen.

I do want to say... I'm saddened that I finished all the Achievements for this game. I can't wait for the DLC and the GECK.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I like how easily Oblivion shit can be ported.

Does that mean I'll be able to get an array of Oblivion modded weapons into the game?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You should be more worried about the utterly terrible sex mods and deformed bodies getting ported in.

A GAME WOMAN IS NOT A REAL WOMAN UNLESS HER CHEST WARPS GRAVITY AND TERRIFIES SMALL ANIMALS

ALSO NOW CHARON'S GENITALS ARE THE HEIGHT OF A BEHEMOTH I JUST WANTED TO RENDER BONERS

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Whatever I can ignore those.

Although I'd accept a Fable-esque "have sex, get a kid that depends on you" mod. Having a family would be kinda cool.

Then I can sell them to slavers.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    but ive been through all the cool stuff....

all i had left was the ending and it was like watching an R rated movie with nudity that happens to be a great movie and funny/entertaining... but in the end, you know you bought it because of the boobs and it only had a 2 second flash of some blurry ugly chick naked in the background. will you watch it again because it was a good movie? sure! but will you ever get over the disappointment of the scant amount of nudity? never.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Edcrab wrote: »
    What I was half-expecting in the ending:
    John Henry Eden is not vanquished- he's got a mainframe elsewhere. He breaks into Liberty Prime's processing unit and has himself a huge stompy body. He smashes down the walls of the Memorial as you're facing down Autumn.

He proceeds to mock your naivety for thinking you could just talk the President to death, and then you're faced with a proper diplomatic challenge or the fight to end all fights.

Bethesda, HIRE THIS MAN!

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I’m really enjoying my second playthrough. I’m only level 8 and I’ve discovered 5 or six locations that I just missed on my first game. I’m playing a Melee/Explosives character, which means I get shot and beat up a lot, so my supply of healing items is not as massive as in my previous game (I still have plenty of radiation chems though).

I’ve also made a couple of decisions that I’m just going to have to live with. For example:
    I blew up Megaton and moved into Tenpenney Tower. My first night there I poked around and robbed some of the local merchants. The next morning I discover that they’re leaving in the wake of the awful crime I perpetrated! No household upgrades for me, and now I’m going to have to go to Paradise Falls or Canterbury Commons to sell stuff. D’oh!

I could go back a couple of hours and change things, but I feel that this is my own damn fault and that I should take the good with the bad. Now to kill some zombies.

Also, regarding Oasis:
    I really liked this quest. I got it fairly late one evening, and I wasn’t really sure what to do, so I turned off the game and kinda stewed it over until the next evening. It took me a while to get to the heart, because Mirelurks are fucking brutal when you’re level five and rely on a sledgehammer to get the job done. Anyway, I got to the heart and still had to mull over what to do before I finally made a decision: as much as the Wasteland needs Harold’s gift, I felt that his personal choice had to take precedence. It’s a genuinely interesting decision and a quality quest.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Just a question about that Oasis quest:
    Was that the same Harold from Fallout 2? It sounded like him, but I wasn't sure.

urahonky on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Same character, different VA.

In fact I think that VA is Garret from Thief.

august on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm having a lot of trouble getting into my melee character. I'm level 8 or 9 or so. It's just not as satsifying as popping into vats with my lincoln repeater and blowing off three guys' heads. I am hoping that this changes when I have power armor and can consistently maul people with a flaming sword.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Mannnn. I liked Harold. :(

"Evenin' Smoooooothskin."

*Uh, you have a tree growing out of your head*

urahonky on
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I’ve also made a couple of decisions that I’m just going to have to live with. For example:
    I blew up Megaton and moved into Tenpenney Tower. My first night there I poked around and robbed some of the local merchants. The next morning I discover that they’re leaving in the wake of the awful crime I perpetrated! No household upgrades for me, and now I’m going to have to go to Paradise Falls or Canterbury Commons to sell stuff. D’oh!

I could go back a couple of hours and change things, but I feel that this is my own damn fault and that I should take the good with the bad. Now to kill some zombies.

That's weird. I did the same thing to the lady salesperson and nothing happened.

Then again, the clothing salesman did take a vacation unexpectedly...when I planted a grenade in his pocket and then robbed his safe and inventory...and then sold everything in his inventory back to the woman across the main lobby...and then tossed his body around for funsies...

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    atat23atat23 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dr Snofeld wrote: »
    In my current playthrough I have a running commentary in my mind along the lines of "The Adventures of the Wasteland Wanderer, with his trusty assistant Charon!"

yeah Charon rocks, me and him are reclaiming the wasteland one shotgun shell at a time in the name of our ghoul brethren. (one combat shotgun each takes enemies down fast as hell, also charon's range with the shotgun is amazing)

This first play through seems to be my "ghoul lover" play through, I am helping the ghouls every chance I get while donning my ghoul mask and an Abe Lincoln hat, looks cool, oddly enough.

Anyone else try and make their char look like them, i've shown family and friends what I created and it is eriely similar. (without the ghoul mask that is)

atat23 on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I tried to make myself in this game, and it was decent.

Not nearly as good as my Saints Row 2 character. That's so accurate it's actually a little creepy sometimes, especially during cutscenes.

My brother did the same with his SR2 dude and our guys dress like we do, and go around fucking shit up in our flash sports car, and it just feels pretty weird.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I hope they add in more weapons that you can make. The dart gun was the best out of all of the weapons on there, because it was so useful (except against robots).

urahonky on
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Omeks wrote: »

That's weird. I did the same thing to the lady salesperson and nothing happened.

Then again, the clothing salesman did take a vacation unexpectedly...when I planted a grenade in his pocket and then robbed his safe and inventory...and then sold everything in his inventory back to the woman across the main lobby...and then tossed his body around for funsies...
    Well, the only thing I did was empty the safes, which pissed off both Tenpenney merchants enough that they’re leaving.

And yes, Harold is voiced by the same fellow who did Garrett. Apparently he listened to the original VA and tried his best to emulate it.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    If you slip a grenade in someone's pocket and they die, do you get blamed for it? Will the people of their town turn hostile on you and shit?

Because if not, I am murdering the fuck out of a couple people.

Pony on
  • Options
    RotamRotam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I just done Tranquility lane.
    I'm gonna have to go back there at some point. I found the other simulations through the puzzle right after I became the 'pint sized slasher'.

I think I'm gonna be a more melee based character for my badguy playthrough. Obviously I'm gonna use the bloody mess perk for maximum carnage.

Rotam on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    If you slip a grenade in someone's pocket and they die, do you get blamed for it? Will the people of their town turn hostile on you and shit?

Yeah they still know it was you, which sucks. But if you do it, then pop a Stealth Boy I think you can avoid blame.

urahonky on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If they don't see you do it (You are hidden) not always.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    also

what if i use the sandman perk to kill someone in their sleep?

would everyone in town know?

Pony on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm having a lot of trouble getting into my melee character. I'm level 8 or 9 or so. It's just not as satsifying as popping into vats with my lincoln repeater and blowing off three guys' heads. I am hoping that this changes when I have power armor and can consistently maul people with a flaming sword.

PROTIP: Get your explosives skill up so you can get the Pyromaniac perk. It makes the shishkabob ridiculously powerful.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    also

If no one sees, no. If someone sees and you kill them before they leave the building, no. Otherwise, yes.

At least according to my experience.

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Random observations over the weekend ...

1. God the AI is thick.
    I don't care how dumb Super Mutants are, if the guy directly in front of you suddenly turns into cranberry sauce because I stealth-critted him in the face with the Bloody Mess perk active, you need to notice.

2. Sniper Rifle degrades way, way too fast.
    I've left it in my locker in favour of the Hunting Rifle, because I run into those everywhere.

3. Hit squads? More like Money In The Bank.
    Stop sending these little Talon punks after me. It costs me a clip of .32 which one of them is usually carrying for his little peashooter, and then I get three or four bodies to loot.

4. Got Smack?
    What stat affects how easily I become a junkie? Because if I take two hits of the same stuff in a row, I'm hooked and need to detox myself.

5. Fuck V.A.T.S.
    And the armoured horse it rode in on.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    also

So long as you are hidden while doing it nobody knows and you can murder to your hearts content.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »
    also

So long as you are hidden while doing it nobody knows and you can murder to your hearts content.

See, I'm torn as to whether or not to get this for my Evil Asshole playthrough.

On the one hand, I could kill people and get away with it.
    On the other, I don't give a shit if I get away with it, because I'll just kill anyone who comes after me. :D

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    About Fawkes: Yes, was a girl. Now looks like a dude and talks like a dude. As far as I'm concerned, Fawkes is a he.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    also

fuck yeah

i wanted to play an evil guy and murder the entirety of megaton's residents BEFORE i blew them up, but i don't want to fight the whole god damn town at once (and definitely don't want to fight Jericho)

Pony on
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    also

fuck yeah

i wanted to play an evil guy and murder the entirety of megaton's residents BEFORE i blew them up, but i don't want to fight the whole god damn town at once (and definitely don't want to fight Jericho)

I was actually disappointed towards the end how easy it is to sneak-kill people right in front of others. I took out all of tenpenny tower while only having to start 1 big firefight in the lobby area. Everyone else was dead except those few security guards that roam that area. Rediculous.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Concerning Oasis:
    This was one of the things I was hoping would be clarified in the ending. I chose to apply the stuff that made the plants grow even faster, but I wondered if it was wise - I could easily see a group of raiders finding out about the place and, after realizing there was no way they could get anything out of it, just taking a flamethrower to it. On the other hand, if the growth stopped, the last chance to have anything grow out of the wasteland would probably be gone. I would have really liked to have known how it turned out, but as it stands, the only difference in the outcome of your actions is what gifts you get when you complete the quest, and none of them are anything outstanding. Lame.

Duffel on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    also

fuck yeah

Pretty sure you'll have to pick the locks to get into their places, which 1. requires a lot of points in lockpick, and 2. counts as a hostile act - so you'll get them shooting at you as soon as you try it.

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So, can someone explain how Silent Running works? Does this mean I can run regularly and be considered hidden? Or do I have to still be crouched?

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

The exact way the detection works is as following.

If you're are hidden at the time of putting it in there you won't be immidiatly seen BUT anyone who saw the explosion will turn hostile and search for you, if they do not find you within some 10 seconds time they give up and you are free to do whatever you want.

This is how the detection with all stealth kills work, you have to stay hidden until they give up the initial search.
    PunkBoy wrote: »
    So, can someone explain how Silent Running works? Does this mean I can run regularly and be considered hidden? Or do I have to still be crouched?

Still have to crouch.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    also

fuck yeah

Pretty sure you'll have to pick the locks to get into their places, which 1. requires a lot of points in lockpick, and 2. counts as a hostile act - so you'll get them shooting at you as soon as you try it.

but if nobody sees you pick the lock, they don't go hostile, right?

i am thinking at like 1 am sneak into people's houses and murder them

Pony on
This discussion has been closed.