edited December 2008
    Ya gotta shoot em' in the head.

VATS DOESN'T HAVE A GROIN SHOT OPTION!
    It will once the GECK comes. :winky:

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    God I'll be so happy when I can shoot people in the dick again.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ya gotta shoot em' in the head.

VATS DOESN'T HAVE A GROIN SHOT OPTION!

You can still aim for the head. :lol:

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FalstaffFalstaff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Suriko wrote: »
    I wear the prototype medic power armor because it looks great, "GEAR UP, SOLDIER!" is a better warning of enemies than a bullet hitting the rock next to my head, it can be repaired with normal power armour and the DR is nice.
    Appearance and DR aside, there is the fact that this armor is so badass unto itself that it can insult its wearer's manhood on a regular basis.

It's just pain, soldier!

Falstaff on
    Still verbing the adjective noun.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It is like a badass version of Gordon's HEV suit.

Couscous on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Trouble on the Homefront is a a bullshit quest.

tofu on
  • Options
    El ExtremoEl Extremo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    tofu wrote: »

I liked it.
    I thought it was kool to see the effect you and your dad's departure had upon the vault.

El Extremo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

The quest isn't that bad per se, just the ending.
    Come on, at least give me a chance to argue with her instead of just glumly agreeing. I really, really wish I'd just sabotaged the water chip.

Edit: Actually, there was another thing.
    It was way too easy to talk down the Overseer.

Suriko on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    El Extremo wrote: »

I liked it.
    I thought it was kool to see the effect you and your dad's departure had upon the vault.
    I killed her dad in the beginning by accident and it seemed like I had no choice to kill the new overseer. This was terrible for two reasons: one is that I uncovered a plot by the guards to murder all the rebels but I had no dialog options to tell anyone and, two, if the overseer attacks me and I kill him I'm guilty of cold blooded murder?

tofu on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    El Extremo wrote: »

I liked it.
    I killed her dad in the beginning by accident and it seemed like I had no choice to kill the new overseer. This was terrible for two reasons: one is that I uncovered a plot by the guards to murder all the rebels but I had no dialog options to tell anyone and, two, if the overseer attacks me and I kill him I'm guilty of cold blooded murder?

To be fair, she didn't seem that upset.

freakish light on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Just finished today. Good game overall, but: a lot of the map barriers are obvious and ruin your suspension of disbelief, characters frequently are unaware of your actions (not just Three Dog's broadcasts) when they ought to be, the final decision was unjustifiable, and the sound has been unreasonably fucked up throughout.

Still, would play again. For now, uninstall and free up nearly 6GB.
    Oh, and followers are terrible, wasteful, neanderthals, capable only of being pack mules and running off to the nearest Deathclaw den whenever I do so much as jump into the back of a truck. The crowning achievement, though? Clover lost no less than three unique weapons, either getting them shot out of her hands or dropping them, and never once bothering to go find them afterwards. Didn't Eulogy ever give you a slap for losing the condoms back in Paradise Falls? Should have learned, bitch.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Couscous wrote: »
    Yeah. Though other modern games don't punish a player for failing to perform a mindless chore that it should be doing in the first place.
    You must not play many western RPGs.
    simply made the game less buggy.
    The game is quite bug free compared to most other games in the genre.

If by the genre, you mean bethesda games, sure. But I've had less crashes with Arcanum, which is pretty much the buggiest wRPG out there

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Spoit wrote: »
    Yeah. Though other modern games don't punish a player for failing to perform a mindless chore that it should be doing in the first place.
    You must not play many western RPGs.
    simply made the game less buggy.
    The game is quite bug free compared to most other games in the genre.

If by the genre, you mean bethesda games, sure. But I've had less crashes with Arcanum, which is pretty much the buggiest wRPG out there

Pools of Radiance 2 would like to argue that point.

JohnDoe on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Just finished today. Good game overall, but: a lot of the map barriers are obvious and ruin your suspension of disbelief, characters frequently are unaware of your actions (not just Three Dog's broadcasts) when they ought to be, the final decision was unjustifiable, and the sound has been unreasonably fucked up throughout.

Oh, and followers are terrible, wasteful, neanderthals, capable only of being pack mules and running off to the nearest Deathclaw den whenever I do so much as jump into the back of a truck. T

Sounds like Fallout to me.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Oh, and followers are terrible, wasteful, neanderthals, capable only of being pack mules and running off to the nearest Deathclaw den whenever I do so much as jump into the back of a truck. T

Sounds like Fallout to me.

Ian never quite got the hang of deciding who was friend or foe. :x

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    At least Ian never dropped his MP5 (I was a masochistic Fallout player) - or worse, simply put it away - and pulled out a sword to fight Deathclaws.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    2 had better followers.

Not only could they actually aim worth a damn, but you could get an intelligent deathclaw to follow you and kill the fuck out of things for you. Not to mention Skynet in a robobrain body.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    At least Ian never dropped his MP5 (I was a masochistic Fallout player) - or worse, simply put it away - and pulled out a sword to fight Deathclaws.

That's true. He did however execute your other companions and you whenever he felt like it. It's a trade off I guess. :lol:

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008

He did love to shoot you though.

The only companion I've taken in Fallout 3 is Dogmeat, since he died it's been all solo.

tofu on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Fawkes is really useful, and seems impossible to kill. I should let her go 1 on 1 with a behemoth.

L|ama on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    L|ama wrote: »
    Fawkes is really useful, and seems impossible to kill. I should let her go 1 on 1 with a behemoth.

Bwah? Fawkes is a chick?

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hmmm, spawning about $20,000 worth of pre-war money in my Megaton house may not have been the smartest idea.

Oakey on
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Bwah? Fawkes is a chick?

Not any more, but I have heard some rumours that Fawkes used to be female before the dip.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Vic wrote: »

Bwah? Fawkes is a chick?

Not any more, but I have heard some rumours that Fawkes used to be female before the dip.

It's not a rumour. If you check the medical logs in Vault 87 and compare them to the holding cells you encounter, you discover that Fawkes was once a woman. Fawkes is now an asexual Super Mutant, but that doesn't make things any less creepy. :lol:

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dog Meat suddenly appeared in my group in the Taft Tunnels.
    I was so scared he would be murdered!

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Fallout Thread: Yes, Fawkes was a lady.

jackal on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Another theory about it being a rushed ending.
    If you pursue the homefront quest and get along well with Amata, it seemed built up to lead to a romantic relationship, if they talk about destiny in the end then I'd say its built up that you're destined to meet Amata again on the outside. But thats just cast away.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I just did Trouble on the Homefront last night.
    Yeah, that was a big WTF moment. "Thank you for all that you've done, but srs, GTFO. It's for the best." Fuck you, bitch. Quicksave, kill everyone, reload, snicker at them.

I'm so going to enjoy that on my bad karma playthrough...

Houn on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Regarding everyone's reactions to the Trouble on the Homefront quest:

I have a feeling y'all never played the first one. You really should. Oh and sadly you can't kill everyone for an evil playthrough without failing the quest.
    You can however leave the Overseer there with a vault full of corpses and more corpses

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    wow, i just finished after doing all the quests and being level 35 (theoretically, PC version hack), having all these guns and mini-nukes and grenades and missiles and everything i could possibly do before going through the main quest.

ending
    the damn 'main quest' took me maybe an hour or 2 to go through and aside from the run at the end (where i wipped out vengeance and mowed down enclave soldiers before they even got in range of the giant robot) there wasnt even a need for all the crap i had on me... i mean i was expecting 3 super mutant behemoths to come out and start bashing on the thing or maybe waves of enemies that just kept coming as you went in for the one on one with the final boss or something.... but NO

the final boss is a general that i talked into surrendering with my speach skill and then sniped in vats immediately after the conversation ended... i then reloaded and tried fighting with him only to have him again die in one shot to the head....

and then the game ends... it just ends.... i was at least expecting for the game to continue on afterwords for those people who didnt explore everywhere first, but no... how stupid.

i think if you wanted to you could run through the main quest in a day and reduce what was a great game to a waste of money if you then didnt think to go back and look for all the other quests.

my god, i thought it would be better and i was expecting it to be bad.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    wow, i just finished after doing all the quests and being level 35 (theoretically, PC version hack), having all these guns and mini-nukes and grenades and missiles and everything i could possibly do before going through the main quest.

ending
    the damn 'main quest' took me maybe an hour or 2 to go through and aside from the run at the end (where i wipped out vengeance and mowed down enclave soldiers before they even got in range of the giant robot) there wasnt even a need for all the crap i had on me... i mean i was expecting 3 super mutant behemoths to come out and start bashing on the thing or maybe waves of enemies that just kept coming as you went in for the one on one with the final boss or something.... but NO

the final boss is a general that i talked into surrendering with my speach skill and then sniped in vats immediately after the conversation ended... i then reloaded and tried fighting with him only to have him again die in one shot to the head....

and then the game ends... it just ends.... i was at least expecting for the game to continue on afterwords for those people who didnt explore everywhere first, but no... how stupid.

i think if you wanted to you could run through the main quest in a day and reduce what was a great game to a waste of money if you then didnt think to go back and look for all the other quests.

I was only level 14 or close to it, and I killed him in a single turn in VATS with a chinese assault rifle. I don't think he was meant to be tough, which seems strange.

jackal on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    jackal wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

ending

I was only level 14 or close to it, and I killed him in a single turn in VATS with a chinese assault rifle. I don't think he was meant to be tough, which seems strange.
    The biggest problem with the ending is how anticlimactic is it.

Yes, Liberty Prime is awesome, but he's just doing his own thing. You're not really doing anything other than following him for most of what is supposed to be the climax of the main quest! And then it's just some lame Enclave troops and a dude wearing shitty armor inside the memorial, it's just so... easy. Especially after seeing Raven Rock, I was really expecting something more. Like, I dunno, a super Security Bot that you have to fight or several waves of Enclave troops from vertibirds or something. I guess they're adding something more in one of the DLC expansions, but still, that's a pretty boring ending to what is otherwise an incredible game.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What I was half-expecting in the ending:
    John Henry Eden is not vanquished- he's got a mainframe elsewhere. He breaks into Liberty Prime's processing unit and has himself a huge stompy body. He smashes down the walls of the Memorial as you're facing down Autumn.

He proceeds to mock your naivety for thinking you could just talk the President to death, and then you're faced with a proper diplomatic challenge or the fight to end all fights.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Really the ending feels like an "OH FUCK A DEADLINE" kinda thing.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Edcrab wrote: »
    John Henry Eden is not vanquished- he's got a mainframe elsewhere. He breaks into Liberty Prime's processing unit and has himself a huge stompy body. He smashes down the walls of the Memorial as you're facing down Autumn.

He proceeds to mock your naivety for thinking you could just talk the President to death, and then you're faced with a proper diplomatic challenge or the fight to end all fights.
    EDEN SMASH!!! WOULD BE HILARIOUS

The diplomatic challenge would be in the form of haiku.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

EDEN SMASH!!! WOULD BE HILARIOUS

The diplomatic challenge would be in the form of haiku.

Or maybe... sleuth diplomacy
    ps665.gif

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

that and waves of super human behemoths, enclave soldiers, a tougher version of ghouls that dont die in a few shots, raider snipers and everyone who you helped in the main quest (along with agatha) fighting along side you.

if that happened they could make it so that the game ended abruptly.... maybe....

but in all reality why did they fucking not continue the free roam play like they did in oblivion.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sigh... And here we go again. Ten pages of "ZOMG ENDING TEH SUCKS". It's like clockwork!

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    honky the ending is fucking terrible and is my only major complaint about the game

everything else is nitpicky crap that can be easily overlooked by the aweomse of the game in general

It's kinda like looking at this fantastic grilled cheese sandwich. I mean, it's toasted great, there's some burnt edged but you don't care. You bite in, and my God it's fucking delicious. Then, after you finish the whole thing, someone didn't give you a fucking drink. I mean, you can go back and have your delicious sandwich again, but someone forgot to bring the fucking drink. So you're like "WHERE'S MY FUCKING DRINK" even though you just had a delicious fucking sandwich.

I shouldn't have skipped breakfast thinking about it.

Zen Vulgarity on
This discussion has been closed.