Options

Mysteries are Solved in this [Chat]

• Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    This is a pretty bad [chat]. Weekend [chat] seems to lose all the science! people.
    Please, I have a very firm grasp of the sciences. I just rarely talk about anything but the absolute worst ones. :V

Also dangit, I forgot that the reason I take my shower at 4AM is because I have a roommate awake and getting ready for work immediately before that. So ... plans postponed. :(

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Organichu wrote: »
    You have such a feminine smile and... well, you're pretty. Very pretty.

I'll be there.

edit: uh that was to DUE

D:
    :winky:

I mean you are the colored guy, right?
    I have family who still use that term, no joke.

"John some colored folk moved in across the street."

"Excuse me?"

"A whole family."

"Uh... did they do something wrong?"

"Oh no, they're really nice folks. I think they'll be good neighbors."

" o_O "

I am. But i've never heard anyone used the term colored. Ever. So thank you for that.

I disseminate culture; it's what I do.

DUE have you figured out a gameplan for not dying during the festivities?

Um.There's this cute girl who has been texting me. She intends on showing up at my party. So like, i'm going to talk to her a bit and maybe perhaps make something happen there and like . . .maybe she'll like me and i'll not get blitzed beyond repair to keep things good with the lady?

We spun out and almost died once in her truck a few months ago. So that's like a bonding experience right? She's 5'1 and she drives a truck that's manual. That's super cute.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aloha, [chat].
    Stupid cold is driving me nuts.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Is it hard to become a nurse? If I became a nurse, I'd have job security that came coupled with great benefits and a fairly good salary. :O

EDIT: Mornin' Haps. Cold just hit us here in Seattle too, it hit 40' F proper tonight ... first time it's really dipped below 50' F at all. And I can't be bothered to convert those to Centigrade, sorry. <.<

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I'll be there.

D:

"Excuse me?"

"A whole family."

" o_O "

I am. But i've never heard anyone used the term colored. Ever. So thank you for that.

Um.There's this cute girl who has been texting me. She intends on showing up at my party. So like, i'm going to talk to her a bit and maybe perhaps make something happen there and like . . .maybe she'll like me and i'll not get blitzed beyond repair to keep things good with the lady?

That's a whole shitload a maybe.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    Is it hard to become a nurse? If I became a nurse, I'd have job security that came coupled with great benefits and a fairly good salary. :O

I posted a youtube video in response to your response. It needs an opinion.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »

I'll be there.

D:

"Excuse me?"

"A whole family."

" o_O "

That's a whole shitload a maybe.

Basically what i'm saying is that i'm going to probably die. But in a good way and amongst friends. If I survive the shit they give me at the bars the actual party shouldn't be too big of a deal.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2008

Do you think you'd be good at it?

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

It ain't easy becoming a RN.

But it's not one of the hardest things to do either.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    So I'm eating kosher (or I was) because of a certain family member being here for a spell. Then without really thinking about it, just now here at my laptop, I totally broke a rule and now I have to dispose of the evidence.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    DUE, the easiest way to a girl's heart while at a party is to ensure that the DJ is a hired DJ, and that he is a DJ who takes pride in his work, and that he is a DJ who will willingly take to the dance floor.

First, demonstrate your mettle; dance at half strength, and gaze accusingly at the DJ. Demand confidently and stridently that something with "a greater calamity" be played. The DJ will then nod, knowingly, and comply;

he will then leave his post, and he will breakdance, and then he will do many more dances. He will dance dances that have not been danced since when dance was first invoked on our primordial planet, by bored phytoplankton tired of lying dormant while the sun was away. He will dance, and he will not offer you a chink in the armor of his musicplay; you must strike knowingly at the firmness.

Outdance the DJ. Put into him the fear of random chumps at events that he is jockeying discs for. Force the DJ to applaud you, and sheepishly retreat to his glowing altar.

Then, DUE.

Then the women will fawn.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Or he could smile.

It'd work on me.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    DUE, the easiest way to a girl's heart while at a party is to ensure that the DJ is a hired DJ, and that he is a DJ who takes pride in his work, and that he is a DJ who will willingly take to the dance floor.

First, demonstrate your mettle; dance at half strength, and gaze accusingly at the DJ. Demand confidently and stridently that something with "a greater calamity" be played. The DJ will then nod, knowingly, and comply;

he will then leave his post, and he will breakdance, and then he will do many more dances. He will dance dances that have not been danced since when dance was first invoked on our primordial planet, by bored phytoplankton tired of lying dormant while the sun was away. He will dance, and he will not offer you a chink in the armor of his musicplay; you must strike knowingly at the firmness.

Outdance the DJ. Put into him the fear of random chumps at events that he is jockeying discs for. Force the DJ to applaud you, and sheepishly retreat to his glowing altar.

Then, DUE.

Then the women will fawn.

Wh...why are you telling me this? You're assuming that I go to parties with DJs and that I have trouble with ladies at parties.

and I read dance too many times in once sentence. Seriously blacked out.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I think that, when push came to shove, if I was capable of being good at one thing I would be capable of performing well at an enormous array of things. The moment I am stable enough to not spontaneously walk out on a retail job, I am stable enough to not spontaneously walk out on any other job -- the rest of the groundwork is laid. I'm a hard worker when I need to be, I'm unfazed by long and demanding hours, and desensitized enough to the medical apparatus that I think I might be able to work alongside it.

The 'work' I put into college netted me a whopping 3 general education credits for all the debt. I just don't report those years. I have a fairly glowing high school transcript with bits and pieces of fantastic work history (my copy edit jobs, basically), so starting over -- the act of starting over -- is definitely doable.

I just need to figure out what, and, because of the mishaps I've brought on myself already, I need to shoot for something with a modicum of security. I need to think career-oriented.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Wh...why are you telling me this? You're assuming that I go to parties with DJs and that I have trouble with ladies at parties.

Mostly I wanted to write, mostly. If I'm not posting non-stop here while affected, I'm chatting non-stop on IRC. The benefit of the IRC is that it tracks my word count, and last time that dinged 25,000. I really do just talk to hear myself talk in this state. I really do love my own fevered imagination that much.

EDIT: Shower is now available, ttfn

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I think that, when push came to shove, if I was capable of being good at one thing I would be capable of performing well at an enormous array of things. The moment I am stable enough to not spontaneously walk out on a retail job, I am stable enough to not spontaneously walk out on any other job -- the rest of the groundwork is laid. I'm a hard worker when I need to be, I'm unfazed by long and demanding hours, and desensitized enough to the medical apparatus that I think I might be able to work alongside it.

The 'work' I put into college netted me a whopping 3 general education credits for all the debt. I just don't report those years. I have a fairly glowing high school transcript with bits and pieces of fantastic work history (my copy edit jobs, basically), so starting over -- the act of starting over -- is definitely doable.

I just need to figure out what, and, because of the mishaps I've brought on myself already, I need to shoot for something with a modicum of security. I need to think career-oriented.

You will most likely need some schooling to get a decent nursing job. You'll have to at least show them a piece of paper from some local place saying that you have an idea of what you are doing. If your high school transcripts are good then you should be a-okay when it comes to getting into a local hole. From there you'll go into about two years of debt and then find yourself set up with a relatively rewarding and well paying job.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Mostly I wanted to write, mostly. If I'm not posting non-stop here while affected, I'm chatting non-stop on IRC. The benefit of the IRC is that it tracks my word count, and last time that dinged 25,000. I really do just talk to hear myself talk in this state. I really do love my own fevered imagination that much.

EDIT: Shower is now available, ttfn

I said some amazing shit while on salvia but the fucking philistines that invaded my room wouldn't leave me in peace. It really upset me and I think is part of the reason why I could not fully enjoy the experience.

hurr drugs.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008

When you put it like that you sound exactly like me (except I'm taller, older, we're different nationalities, we're different genders, I'm blind in one eye, you write well, my hair's short, I'm an orphan, you live in Seattle). A couple minor variations but we're basically identical!

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

When you put it like that you sound exactly like me (except I'm taller, older, we're different nationalities, we're different genders, I'm blind in one eye, you write well, my hair's short, I'm an orphan, you live in Seattle). A couple minor variations but we're basically identical!

Me too. I was going to hop on the bandwagon but I thought that the minor differences would be blinding. Apparently not so let's hear one for those of us who.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    What's funny is I also have exactly 3 credits to show for my debt. It really is pretty ridiculously similar.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    What's funny is I also have exactly 3 credits to show for my debt. It really is pretty ridiculously similar.

I'm not quite that bad. I really have no idea how many credits I have to show for my debt but i'm in my third year and i've i'm lucky after this semester I will be a sophomore. Maybe.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It's cool, cocaine makes me impervious to criticism and cruelty! :flexing the muscles:
    ? I thought you stopped doing cocaine?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    It's cool, cocaine makes me impervious to criticism and cruelty! :flexing the muscles:
    ? I thought you stopped doing cocaine?

No one ever really stops. They only slow down.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    There's white stuff in front of the house, too. Shall I try and snort it?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I probably should have refreshed the page to notice I missed 3 pages of thread before I posted. hurrrr

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Haphazard wrote: »

IMG00200.jpg

Outside of my balcony!

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    James wrote: »
    What's so terrible about visiting Israel, Aldo?

I hear the public transportation system there is terrible.

To be fair, all of the public transport in the Middle East really bombs.

:v:

You love it and you know it.

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    We have that here too. A whole lot more is going to fall down soon. Traffic tomorrow will be glorious. :cry:

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, that takes it to another level, DUE. :P
    I'm a tiny, teeny bit jealous now.

Edit: I like snow, Aldo. And think about it: We have hills and mountains!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, that takes it to another level, DUE. :P
    I'm a tiny, teeny bit jealous now.

Edit: I like snow, Aldo. And think about it: We have hills and mountains!

Ohio is nutty.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I wonder if historical mysteries are really possible. I mean, I imagine it would only really work if you had a bunch of eccentric wealthy and/or powerful people running around. So like, you hide your treasure under some building originally. But then some other rich guy finds it, and decides to bury it under his instead - but leaves a clue since that would be a great legacy in your name to leave. And so on and so forth.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I wonder if historical mysteries are really possible. I mean, I imagine it would only really work if you had a bunch of eccentric wealthy and/or powerful people running around. So like, you hide your treasure under some building originally. But then some other rich guy finds it, and decides to bury it under his instead - but leaves a clue since that would be a great legacy in your name to leave. And so on and so forth.

Injecting science into my [chat]

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    GOD I love this bathroom. Great water pressure, great high-end on the temperature; seamless plastic walling around the tub so that there's no need to squeegee water off of tiles after you're done; glass panels instead of a curtain, so no showering 'neath a shadow; and of course, that pair of heat lamps on the ceiling that I so absolutely adore. <3

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Quid. All postin' on my event wall.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oboro I presented you with the best and you proved to have the taste of a spud.

Disappointed but not surprised.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    There's a variant of Nomic that plays like how this would play out in real life. You meet weekly, and in-between meetings there are tasks that the players can undertake in order to earn wealth, as well as a general mystery that they are banging their heads against that ties all of the meetings together into a singular narrative. The lynch-pin is that wealth's sole purpose, aside from being currency between any players wheeling and dealing independently, is for votes at meetings -- each unit you throw in is another vote bought. Oh, and trades to-and-fro the narrator (so what you earn from tasks, or your 'salary,' or what you spend by voting,) are public knowledge.

I guess it really is just a game of Nomic, but with the caveat that no player can win unless the mystery is also solved. When I hosted this at college, the 'mystery' started with a 'pattern' in the exhaust pipes that littered our campus. This led to the discovery of an ancient Aztec temple tens of thousands of miles out of place, to evidence that aliens had moved it for some strange reason, to negotiating with those aliens, to negotiating with other 'chapters' of our organization against the aliens, to finally discovering that one of our closest allies was turncoat and poised to drop the atomics on us.

The one player who discovered this first then formed a cartel of more wealthy players (he had spent much of his swinging votes in favor of the research, and its secrecy), who then piled their wealth on the vote to force a decision that only they would be afforded escape; all the other pods were to be detonated.

So, every other player got nuked. Good times.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oboro I presented you with the best and you proved to have the taste of a spud.

Disappointed but not surprised.
    Fuck yo' music I'm listenin' to technos

right now this is my prerogative. Your song can wait for a more appropriate moment. :P

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    RAAARGH

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    RAAARGH
    BABELFISH

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    RAAARGH
    BABELFISH

IT WON'T TRANSLATE THAT.

i need more adderral. fuck. i think i have to have sex with my provider to gain more and i do not wish to do so. this is terrible.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.