As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Anyone want to play a little pickle? [Jurassic Park! Dinosaurs! NSF56K/Limbs]

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ascot wrote: »
    I always take slow clapping as a bad thing. I like really fast enthusiastic clapping. Like what you see in old black and white sped-up movies.

Although usually seen as sarcastic these days, the slow clap is a sign of respect and admiration.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Number one, I caught Jurassic Park on tv a few days ago and god dammit, that movie has the best special effects ever. Nothing can touch the T-Rex in the rain scene.

I agree. I saw this on tv not too long ago as well, and it has definitely held up over time. I was watching and actually thought to myself, "This is what dinosaurs looked like."

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    KrentzKrentz Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This is the best OP I have ever seen. It is probably the first time I have spent more time reading the OP than the subsequent posts.

Also the SNES game was rad:
    jurassic-park-snes.jpg

Screw that taser crap, give me the bola gun!

Also I had this:
    jurassic_park_tyrannosaurus_rex.jpg
    BATTLE DAMAGE!!

And this:
    CommandCompound1a.jpg

And a bunch of action figures and they were all cool as crap because everything either had a net or a rocket or something that would shoot.

Ahhh good times.

Krentz on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Oh god yes the Nedry figure with the squirtgun backpack was so sweet:
    JPDennisNedryComp1a.jpg

but nobody can deny that Muldoon with his frikken rocket launching rocket launcher and mini-raptor was the most awesome toy ever created in the history of toys:
    JPRobertMuldoonComp1a.jpg

You know, even as a kid I remember being irked by the fact that the action figures had pretty much nothing in common with the movie.

Krentz on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    the nedry was the only JP toy i had

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I had that Muldoon toy! It was awesome

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I had that Nedry toy but had no idea who he was supposed represent from the movie. Didn't his arms fall off to reveal bloody stumps or something?

That battle damage t-rex was a crown jewel which I've always wanted to own but always sold out right quick at the local Walmart. I found it at a flea market a month ago for about $20, but it just didn't look as cool as was hyped as a kid.

Cristoval on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Cool Fact: After I saw Jurassic Park, I fell in love with dinosaurs. (I was 5).

My grandma then made me a stuffed T-Rex using her amazing thread and needle skills.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My grandma made me a superman outfit that, instead of an S, had a T, for Terrificman, I assume.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Also, she will be having surgery in Austin sometime in February, so after I go hang out with her and the rest of the family I may give you a call, dude.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I had almost all of the original JP toys. That command center was the tits. The gate had a plastic wooden plank to sit across the back to lock it. The cool part was that it was two pieces and broke away if you hit in the front of the gate with a triceratops or something.

I had the Young T-Rex too but I lost it somehow. Just had the piece of flesh that comes out afterwards. :(

SirToasty on
  • Options
    BogdanichBogdanich Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Krentz wrote: »
    This is the best OP I have ever seen. It is probably the first time I have spent more time reading the OP than the subsequent posts.
    Krentz wrote: »
    CommandCompound1a.jpg
    VELOCIRAPTOR... ATTACKING.

VOOP VOOP.... VOOP VOOP VOOP VOOP

Jurassic Park:Sega Genesis

A side-scrolling game with some poorly-designed levels (eg sewer). "Two games in one" - you could play as Dr. Alan Grant or as a velociraptor. As Grant, your objective is only to survive long enough to get off the island! Luckily, you carry an arsenal of useful weapons.
    As the raptor, you're free to kill and digest other dinosaurs and island security forces for health while chasing Grant. Possesses a high jump, a chomp, and a jumping slash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_l8OC7RUPc

Bogdanich on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    That commercial is awesome and I remember renting that game and it being really fun but also super hard.

Krentz on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    this OP beats the shit of my old JP thread

also here is the script review for the fourth movie

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    That sounds like the most epic train wreck in the history of cinema waiting to happen.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    BAKKER

I love that a huge selling point for that game was YOU CAN BE THE RAPTOR

Fuck these puny humans you want to go EAT SOME SHIT

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    SpazMuffinSpazMuffin Hey Cut it outRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    That Jurassic Park Compound set was my favorite toy as a kid. Had so much fun with that thing, except that mine kinda had a bug where the alarm would go off for the fence when it get broken off the building even when it was on.

On the note of those figures with the giant squirt packs, I have a Ian Malcolm and he looks so smug and ready to kick some dinosaur ass with a supersoaker.

Also Cristoval, fantastic OP my good sir. It certainly has the best comparison of Sarah Silverman and a Dilophosaurus I have ever read.

SpazMuffin on
    Cosgrove_Face_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fucking awesome OP

JPIV is pretty much shut down, as some people have said, since Universal feels bad about doing it with Crichton dead

QuestionMarkMan on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I believe the script has gone under a lot of massive changes since 2004 and is currently resting back on the drawing board.

That early draft sounds terribly awful though. I mean, I do wish to see dino's rampaging around on the big screen one last time, but really, people should just STOP GOING TO THAT ISLAND.

Cristoval on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    and thanks!

They should only feel bad if they want to go through with making a terrible movie. If they focus on making it good then can turn it around by saying, "We made this to honor him".

Cristoval on
  • Options
    QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I have reported the OP for awesomeness

QuestionMarkMan on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I am humbled sir.

Cristoval on
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I really need to buy this movie on DVD.

I think I wore out the VHS copy I had when I was a kid. I still vividly remember seeing this movie in the theater for the first time. I was 9 years old, and it was the first movie that truly blew me away.

I don't think I'm alone when I say that this movie holds a very special place in my heart.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I had to come up with a conversation topic for my German oral exam

I put it off and put it off and put it off

the day comes, and I'm like, oh shit, shit, uh, well what do I like?

Jurassic Park

now my German professor knows me as "that kid who wouldn't shut up about Jurassic Park"

Scudo on
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I was in the grocery store a couple months back, and in the checkout, they had this shit on DVD. Just Jurassic Park, no shitty sequels.

Bought.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    The first time I saw this movie it was on a school field trip. In middle school we had a class called MWA(Major Work Area) which was for gifted students. Anyway, we got to pick our subjects to study as a class and we chose to do paleontology. It was right at this movie was coming out. We had our standard reports to write, but we also made a gigantic paper mache tricerotops and went to see this movie as a class.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    now my German professor knows me as "that kid who wouldn't shut up about Jurassic Park"

I was the same except with my English teacher, and the movie was The Matrix Reloaded. It was so deep at the time!

Damn Raijin, that sounds pretty sweet!

More story time:

Back in about Grade 3 our elementary school held a contest with Crest Toothpaste regarding who could come up with the best poster promoting healthy teeth. It had to be drawn or created through other means of art (Beads, sparkles what have you) and incorporate the tag line "Smile With Style!"

Now a year earlier my eldest brother won 1st place and got to attend a fancy ceremony in the big city, where he was awarded a nice plaque and a grab bag full of Crest products. Wanting the same attention bestowed upon myself I basically copied his design (which was just a kid looking into the mirror and brushing his teeth, drawn how an 8 year old would draw such a thing) and submitted it.

I ended up winning both first and second place. How? I don't know.

Now the thing about this contest is that they really frowned upon plagiarizing, letting you know that if you put "Snoopy" or "Garfield" into your drawing you would be immediately disqualified.

So when the next grade came around the contest was held once more, except this time I had Jurassic Park fresh in my mind. Wanting to win on more honorable grounds I decided to construct the most badass concept my child mind could construct: Raptors brushing their teeth, ON SURFBOARDS!

I ended up getting disqualified.

Why?

Because apparently you can trademark fucking dinosaurs! Yet they did not catch my obvious plagerization from a year before. It's not like we had different last names or anything!

Cristoval on
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Obviously you were disqualified because raptors brushing their teeth on surfboards is just way too awesome and would have blown too many minds.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Take a gas jeep, and bring back my grandchildren.

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    T. J. Nutty Nub T. J. Nutty Nub Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I am reading the op on my mobile. I stopped reading it because people were staring at me.

T. J. Nutty Nub on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Seriously, the OP is fucking awesome.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    raptortshirt2.jpg

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Fuck yes.

There should also be mention of the Restless Planet dinosaur park in Dubai.

Although they are auto-erotica, I'm certain with the money they throw around on having massive dick length competitions with themselves these dinosaurs are set to like mighty spectacular!

But still, until they have the genuine article these sort of things will be just another expensive cocktease.

Cristoval on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Do you guys remember the Jurassic Park playstation game? All playing as people sometimes and being pissed because those levels fucking sucked but mostly it was playing as dinosaurs and you were like FUCK YEAH T-REX LEVEL RAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    There was a playstation game? i didn't know that

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It was a lost world game, I think.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think if they ever made a Jurassic Park videogame with Crysis-level graphics, where the entire point of the game was to make it through the island without getting eaten by dinosaurs and you got nothing more than a tranquilizer gun with limited ammo, it would be the best game ever.

Now I'm disappointed it'll never happen.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Do you guys remember the Jurassic Park playstation game? All playing as people sometimes and being pissed because those levels fucking sucked but mostly it was playing as dinosaurs and you were like FUCK YEAH T-REX LEVEL RAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

I just punched in the codes to skip the retarded people section. 4/5s of that game was ridiculously hard.

I enjoyed playing as the T-Rex and the raptor was fuckawesome, but the first T-rex level has you precision jumping over fire pits while trying to outrun raptors and fight trikes. Fuck that. Thank god it was redeemed by the level following that allowed you to stomp around the human camp tearing shit up. I loved that there was a button that did nothing but triggered the roar. Just charging through the forest bellowing shit out.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I have am of the impression that if you replaced Africans with velociraptors in FarCry 2 the game would have been phenomenally better.

And hey, why isn't this out on BluRay yet?

Cristoval on